::VGS NETWORK PRESENTS::

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

::VGS NETWORK PRESENTS::

Postby VGS Network on Sat May 27, 2017 2:37 pm

VGS NETWORK PRESENTS

Whats going on everyone just wanted a spot to keep my videos. I am a Digital Media Arts major and basketball player from Los Angeles. I look to one day find a job/gig creating trailers for sports games on the side of pursuing basketball. Hope you guys enjoy. Please critique all you want, I encourage it. Working on a couple more projects. Releasing soon. :headbang:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlHSPrRlqJoTyszVDap-Ew
Twitter : @NetworkVGS
Instagram : @NetworkVGS
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/NetworkVGS/

Vault:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Last edited by VGS Network on Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:58 am, edited 11 times in total.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K17 Modding by Andrew on Sun May 28, 2017 2:56 am.
- VGS Network -
VGS Network

Re: ::VGS NETWORK PRESENTS::

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Hey man, good videos.

It's pretty clear you are using my Ultimate Classic Teams Roster for that first video. Can you please give myself and the team that worked on it with me credit in the youtube description, with a link to my thread. As well as give credit on this threads first post. I also have a YouTube channel (Dee4Three). I know for a fact it's my roster, because I'm the only one with a roster that includes the 96-97 Heat, the 00-01 Kings, 92-93 Suns, etc. Those are also clearly all of the art files (courts, jerseys, faces, etc) that I have in my roster.

Also, I'm not a fan of you calling it NBA 2K18, when it's 2K17. I know it's good to help get views, but that project took hundreds of hours, and a lot of work. So, if you could represent that work appropriately and change that title to NBA 2K17, that would be great. Please also note that its only for the Steam PC version, so it doesnt create unrealistic excitement for console users. You are also using my roster in video, to advertise NBA 2K18 (at the end), this is extremely misleading, and not accurate. Its not fair to tease the community on something that 1. Has not been created yet. And 2. Has no chance of being on consoles. So in conclusion, please give credit, and reperesent the roster right with the appropriate game title, and stating its for the Steam PC version of the game (while also removing the NBA 2K18 false advertisement at the end). I will have a similar, but even more advanced roster for NBA 2K18.

Thanks
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TRIIIAD on Sun May 28, 2017 2:43 am

Dee4Three, I agree with all your other points but I don't think there's a problem with calling it 2K18. He has a disclaimer that it's 2K17 gameplay in the description and to me it's similar to all those fan made trailers of movies and TV shows that people make. Yes it's clickbait but at the same time it's just his idea of what 2K18 could or should be like. He's not trying to convince anyone that it's actually 2K18 gameplay.
TRIIIAD

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 28, 2017 2:49 am

TRIIIAD wrote:Dee4Three, I agree with all your other points but I don't think there's a problem with calling it 2K18. He has a disclaimer that it's 2K17 gameplay in the description and to me it's similar to all those fan made trailers of movies and TV shows that people make. Yes it's clickbait but at the same time it's just his idea of what 2K18 could or should be like. He's not trying to convince anyone that it's actually 2K18 gameplay.

But I don't want click bait attached to the hardwork on this roster, or unrealistic expectations. Nothing in the description gives credit, nothing in the title gives credit, and nothing says that it's only for the PC (Steam Version) of the game.

I appreciate the video, and it's well made. But false advertising and lack of credit is not fair to the people who contributed to the roster, the rosters actual name isn't even in the description or title.

Also, what happens if we don't have the tools for me to make another roster of it's kind? We don't know if Greg will be around, what if Limnono doesn't make his tool? It's setting false expectation that 2K18 will include those classic teams, or that a roster will be created with them (which is only possible on the PC, anyway).

I have a right to ask for my roster to be represented a certain way that makes the most sense.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 28, 2017 3:10 am

Also note. I probably would have been happy with proper credit given. With an appropriate description giving a link to my thread, and stating its NBA 2K17 for the PC. The NBA 2K18 at the end I could have maybe not spoke up about if the other parts were present.

And, I asked him nicely. I didn't demand it. I can't do anything of he wants to keep it as is. I was just asking as the content creator (and out of respect for the other content creators).

The video itself is awesome!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun May 28, 2017 3:20 am

Given the amount of work that went into Dee4Three's mod, I would have to agree that it's only fair that appropriate credit is given, especially so others can download and enjoy it as well. Even if it's not in the title, then certainly a note in the description would be appropriate. It's also only fair and honest to let viewers know that the footage is a mod that's only available on PC, so as not to cause any confusion.

To that end, I'd also have to agree about the title of the video in general. JaoSming wrote an article about it a few years back, and the sentiments still apply today. It's great to have fan trailers hyping up the next game and promoting mods, but it's a bit disingenuous when they're not clearly labelled as being footage from the previous game (and modified, when applicable). Like including the words "leaked" or "exclusive" in the title when it's neither of those things, it's a bit click bait-y, and can easily lead to the spread of misinformation, which is something I'd like to prevent as much as possible in the basketball gaming community.

If nothing else, we're pretty big on crediting work in this community, so it would definitely be appreciated if you could add a note about Dee4Three's roster somewhere. As I said, it also lets other people know how they can get those teams into the game and have some fun playing with them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 28, 2017 3:23 am

Andrew wrote:Given the amount of work that went into Dee4Three's mod, I would have to agree that it's only fair that appropriate credit is given, especially so others can download and enjoy it as well. Even if it's not in the title, then certainly a note in the description would be appropriate. It's also only fair and honest to let viewers know that the footage is a mod that's only available on PC, so as not to cause any confusion.

To that end, I'd also have to agree about the title of the video in general. JaoSming wrote an article about it a few years back, and the sentiments still apply today. It's great to have fan trailers hyping up the next game and promoting mods, but it's a bit disingenuous when they're not clearly labelled as being footage from the previous game (and modified, when applicable). Like including the words "leaked" or "exclusive" in the title when it's neither of those things, it's a bit click bait-y, and can easily lead to the spread of misinformation, which is something I'd like to prevent as much as possible in the basketball gaming community.

If nothing else, we're pretty big on crediting work in this community, so it would definitely be appreciated if you could add a note about Dee4Three's roster somewhere. As I said, it also lets other people know how they can get those teams into the game and have some fun playing with them.

Thank you, Andrew.

Again, it's an awesome video (christ, it got me pumped up to play the mod after watching). So I dont want to take anything away from the creator in that regard, it's very well made.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby VGS Network on Sun May 28, 2017 4:56 am

Dee4Three wrote:Hey man, good videos.

It's pretty clear you are using my Ultimate Classic Teams Roster for that first video. Can you please give myself and the team that worked on it with me credit in the youtube description, with a link to my thread. As well as give credit on this threads first post. I also have a YouTube channel (Dee4Three). I know for a fact it's my roster, because I'm the only one with a roster that includes the 96-97 Heat, the 00-01 Kings, 92-93 Suns, etc. Those are also clearly all of the art files (courts, jerseys, faces, etc) that I have in my roster.

Also, I'm not a fan of you calling it NBA 2K18, when it's 2K17. I know it's good to help get views, but that project took hundreds of hours, and a lot of work. So, if you could represent that work appropriately and change that title to NBA 2K17, that would be great. Please also note that its only for the Steam PC version, so it doesnt create unrealistic excitement for console users. You are also using my roster in video, to advertise NBA 2K18 (at the end), this is extremely misleading, and not accurate. Its not fair to tease the community on something that 1. Has not been created yet. And 2. Has no chance of being on consoles. So in conclusion, please give credit, and reperesent the roster right with the appropriate game title, and stating its for the Steam PC version of the game (while also removing the NBA 2K18 false advertisement at the end). I will have a similar, but even more advanced roster for NBA 2K18.

Thanks

TRIIIAD wrote:Dee4Three, I agree with all your other points but I don't think there's a problem with calling it 2K18. He has a disclaimer that it's 2K17 gameplay in the description and to me it's similar to all those fan made trailers of movies and TV shows that people make. Yes it's clickbait but at the same time it's just his idea of what 2K18 could or should be like. He's not trying to convince anyone that it's actually 2K18 gameplay.

Andrew wrote:Given the amount of work that went into Dee4Three's mod, I would have to agree that it's only fair that appropriate credit is given, especially so others can download and enjoy it as well. Even if it's not in the title, then certainly a note in the description would be appropriate. It's also only fair and honest to let viewers know that the footage is a mod that's only available on PC, so as not to cause any confusion.

No problem D43, I completely respect and appreciate your hard work. I'll change the Name and add credits to the description. With that being said I'd love to work together in the future. Kind of start making mod trailers to give the pre-releases a little more hype here in the forum and all over the web. Triiiad thank you for the support. I was trying to make more so a concept video than an actual trailer. & Andrew thank you for doing your job so flawlessly lol..stay blessed fellas!
- VGS Network -
VGS Network

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 28, 2017 5:10 am

VGS Network wrote:
No problem D43, I completely respect and appreciate your hard work. I'll change the Name and add credits to the description. With that being said I'd love to work together in the future. Kind of start making mod trailers to give the pre-releases a little more hype here in the forum and all over the web. Triiiad thank you for the support. I was trying to make more so a concept video than an actual trailer. & Andrew thank you for doing your job so flawlessly lol..stay blessed fellas!

Thanks, man!

And yeah, certainly. When I start my NBA 2K18 roster mods, I can send you early versions so you can make your videos. Always nice to draw more people into the community!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun May 28, 2017 11:39 am

Glad we could all work things out peacefully, and look to cooperate moving forward. Thanks for the kind words, and to echo what Dee4Three said, great videos. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K17