NBA Playgrounds

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Re: NBA Playgrounds

Postby CarolusXCI on Wed May 17, 2017 3:37 am

Fantastic!
CarolusXCI

Postby nesa24 on Wed May 17, 2017 10:39 pm

thanks
features will be revealed soon [ including option to disable trail when running ] and other tweaks
All men dream: but not equally.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
This I did.
nesa24

Postby arden_05 on Thu May 18, 2017 4:42 am

nesa24 wrote:thanks
features will be revealed soon [ including option to disable trail when running ] and other tweaks

Nice! :applaud:
arden_05

Postby CarolusXCI on Mon May 22, 2017 4:38 am

Patch 1.1.0 is out:

Many thanks for the continued support! We have the best players in the world and we are privileged to serve you.

Update 1.1.0 for PC/Steam brings the heat! Challenge your friends, enemies and other players online. Game on! Friends matchmaking is here. With the new Challenge feature, you’ll be able to directly challenge another player to a game on the Playgrounds. All you have to do is agree on a code, open the online mode, switch to Challenges, enter that code and face each other.

Other additions include a new connection manager, which monitors the connection of players during ranked matches and penalizes disconnections from games that are made to avoid losing. Quitters never prosper on the Playground.

In response to great feedback, we’ve also tweaked the entire shooting system from jump shots, to threes, to dunks, layups, and everything in-between. We’ve redone the timing, added a meter, and clarified the entire system. Keep those comments coming!

As a big thank you to our rabid fans, we’ve also added 15 new players, including Isaiah Thomas and Dennis Rodman! Those two all-stars and 13 others can be unlocked regularly through player packs, earned during the tournament or when leveling up your profile.

Thanks again for all your great feedback and support. Update 1.1.0 is the beginning. We’re only days from launch and we’re already making the game better thanks to your feedback. You rock!

New Features:
Added: The Challenge Mode feature, which allows you to challenge other players to online matches
You can now switch between unranked challenges and ranked games in the online mode
To challenge another player, you must switch to the challenge mode in the online menu and define a challenge code. By default, your challenge code is your nickname, but you can change it to your own, personal code. The person you are challenging must enter your code.
If you have been challenged, please enter your challenger’s code and press “Accept”.
All challenges are unranked and your ranking/ELO will be unaffected by the results of the challenge.
Added: Toxicity system/Disconnection Manager, which penalizes players who abandon matches in any other way than surrendering
Added: 5 new versions of Shaquille O´Neal in various teams from his career (Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Orlando Magic)
Added: 15 new players join the roster
The following players were added: Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Larry Bird, Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Kenny Smith, Gary Payton, Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, Tony Parker, Kemba Walker, Seth Curry, Tiny Archibald, John Starks, Tracy McGrady, Pete Maravich
Added: A shot-meter was added to help finding the perfect timing for shots, dunks etc.
Added: Steam Cloud Save support
Added: Steam Big Picture keyboard management

Notable Changes:
Adjusted: Shots were adjusted to make the system more accessible and unified throughout all variations
Adjusted: The steal action was adjusted further to better fit the intended gameplay
It is now possible to perform a steal action when behind an opponent
Changed: 3 pointers no longer fill lottery pick bar
Increased: The difficulty of 3 pointers was increased
Reduced: The number of steals required for the Las Vegas Challenge #2 was reduced to 10 (was 15)
Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Paris Challenge #4 was reduced to 6 (was 7)
Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the London Challenge #1 was reduced to 6 (was 10)
Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Las Vegas Challenge #3 was reduced to 8 (was 12)
Reduced: The inbound time was reduced to adjust it to the overall style of the game

Notable Fixes:
Fixed: Issues related to the strength of the force feedback effects were addressed
CarolusXCI

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon May 22, 2017 5:15 am

♫One of these things is not like the other♫
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby CarolusXCI on Mon May 22, 2017 6:30 am

This game is getting really good. Layups are easy now, and very enjoyable. The hardest part though is to avoid turnovers, which is fun. It's not possible to carry the ball with a big guy without getting the ball poked loose. Momentum shots also are effective now. Rebounds are still a bit off, but I can live with it. I'm in love with that 12 seconds thing, where the shot-clock is cut short. Overall, this game is much better now, in my opinion.
CarolusXCI

Postby Murat on Mon May 22, 2017 6:35 am

This game made a nice debut. Sure, it wouldn't be amazing at first step.

I think this game will improve day by day, and with modding support it would be insane.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon May 22, 2017 10:27 am

Very solid patch there. Here's hoping it hits all platforms ASAP.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby nesa24 on Wed May 24, 2017 7:18 am

Sneak peak

http://nesa24game.blogspot.com/2017/05/ ... kpeak.html

BTW anyone has modding files progress?
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
This I did.
nesa24

Postby Andrew on Wed May 24, 2017 11:11 am

Very interesting. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SanchezAmaro on Thu May 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Based on the changes Playgrounds have made in the latest update (they even released a newer update 1.1.1), I think it might be a good idea to translate them some of the improvements/additions you would like to see in NBA Playgrounds. They have a forum in their website, and they reply frequently with their official account. Here is the link

https://playgroundsgame.com/support/

I do hope they can add MJ, Kobe and some prime versions of players like DWade, Rose or VCarter
SanchezAmaro

Postby Andrew on Thu May 25, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm pretty sure MJ has an exclusive contract with 2K.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri May 26, 2017 1:51 am

SanchezAmaro wrote:Based on the changes Playgrounds have made in the latest update (they even released a newer update 1.1.1), I think it might be a good idea to translate them some of the improvements/additions you would like to see in NBA Playgrounds. They have a forum in their website, and they reply frequently with their official account. Here is the link

https://playgroundsgame.com/support/

I do hope they can add MJ, Kobe and some prime versions of players like DWade, Rose or VCarter

Yeah I saw Vince Carter in the game and figured there'd be a version of him in his prime. Webber on the kings would be cool too
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby R4zoR on Sat May 27, 2017 9:50 pm

A whole new batch of players are prepared to be released for the game

Earl Monroe, Elvin Hayes, Joe Dumars, John Havlicek, Julius Erving,

Kevin Mchale, Manute Bol, Muggsy Bogues, Steve Nash, Yao Ming (For Jon Of Course :roll: ),

Joakim Noah, Joe Johnson, Andrew Bogut, Norris Cole, Andre Iguoudala,

D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Justice Winslow, Kyle Korver,

Manu Ginobili, Nick Young, Robin Lopez, Serge Ibaka,

Tyler Johnson, Adrian Dantley, Arvydas Sabonis,

Bob Cousy, David Thompson, Larry Nance, Mark Price,

Detlef Schrempf, Wes Unseld, Louis Williams.
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat May 27, 2017 9:56 pm

It feels like dunks are missing more post-patch, and with the Shot Meter, I can see that my timing is in the perfect window. Also, despite being in the optimum release window, perfect shots seem to happen less. Feels like one step forward, ten steps back, sadly. A lot of the previous issues remain, and with the patch tweaks, I'm starting not to enjoy the game again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat May 27, 2017 11:31 pm

Further thoughts: ten steps backwards was probably a bit harsh. However, it does seem that ratings below 8 are too ineffective, and too many dunks miss for an arcade-oriented game, especially with a good release. The shoot button is still very touchy on pump fakes with too many of them turning into shots, and leaners seem to be guaranteed misses, even with good releases. On the plus side, layups and post shots are much more viable options now, and steals from behind are a nice addition, though they are arguably a bit overpowering and nerf the effectiveness of crossovers a little too much.

The "Halve Opponent's Shot Clock" Lottery Pick runs for way too long though, and considering it's already halved to 12 seconds, it's a bit overpowered when you get it. With the sprint meter draining so quickly, it's a big effort just to get the ball across court to get in position for a shot. I still feel the Lottery Picks have too much influence on the game, which negates skill. Some more tweaking is required for balance.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun May 28, 2017 1:45 am

Kenny and I tried the newly added play with friends functionality. It's a bit clunky and outdated, but it does actually work. By default, the challenge code is your username, but we found it works better if you set a custom one. It's pretty smooth online too, no real lag at all.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby CarolusXCI on Sun May 28, 2017 1:56 am

Andrew wrote:Kenny and I tried the newly added play with friends functionality. It's a bit clunky and outdated, but it does actually work. By default, the challenge code is your username, but we found it works better if you set a custom one. It's pretty smooth online too, no real lag at all.

Good to know. I'm trying to convince my brother to buy the game since Saber added the possibility of playing with someone you know. But I was unsure about how well that functionality would work.
CarolusXCI

Postby Andrew on Sun May 28, 2017 2:16 am

It definitely needs to be better, but it does work and there's no added frustration with lag. The connection's usually made within 10-15 seconds.

Just had a frustrating loss where I missed a wide open dunk with Shaq, right in the middle of the high percentage window. Again, that really needs to be adjusted; a player with a dunk rating of 8 shouldn't be missing. It felt very contrived seeing as how it would've given me a late lead in a tournament game, too. The rubberband AI feels old school in a bad way.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby nesa24 on Sun May 28, 2017 6:24 am

i am having a feeling that game has its point to be complicated the more you play and thats a (N) (N) (N)

is this arcade or simulation or arcade done bad

it gets complicated for no reason and that AI...

for most of matches i have played it looks like "stats" arent realy important..
This I did.
nesa24

Postby Andrew on Sun May 28, 2017 11:24 am

As I've said before, ratings below 8 seem to be a bit underpowered, and there's kind of an odd mix of sim elements in with an arcade-oriented approach. Seeing how the Shot Meter works with the percentages, maybe it's just something that needs to be tweaked further. I realise they're trying to be a bit different from previous arcade basketball games, but it does feel like they're missing the mark on what makes arcade games fun. As it stands, I'm missing more dunks than I do in sim games, which definitely shouldn't happen.

They've got a group on Facebook where they're taking feedback on the game though, so they're definitely listening.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun May 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Like I said, there's some parts of the game that are different from Jam/Street which I can appreciate but they are definitely confusing elements of a sim and arcade game which is preventing people from having fun playing the game
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Mon May 29, 2017 11:56 am

So I fired up this game again to heck out the patch and to finish up the impossible challenges. Worked my ass off to finish all but 1 challenge and I can't get even get 1 steal off pippen and big o let alone 6. I'm using Rondo at rating 10 and mo cheeks at 9. I don't know what more I can do. I barely managed to get the required 4 in the earlier challenge.

Also I managed to get 2 more packs and my god that pissed me off. I barely have any players unlocked (probably less than 50%) and in each pack I only got 1 new player. At that rate, you'd have to get hundreds of packs to unlock a good chunk of players or to get the one you want.

Not sure how I feel about the meter. It is easier to hit shots from the back court and layups aren't automatic bricks but it does get frustrating when you are wide open and hit the green on a layup and miss. I also seem to be missing more dunks even in the green which is ridiculous, especially using LeBron at rating 10.

There's still issues with shot clock resetting when cpu bricks and hits backboard only (no rim)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon May 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Yeah, the percentages indicated on the loading screens don't seem to line up with the results of the Shot Meter, especially on dunks. It's also still unclear what a Perfect Release is with the Shot Meter, as I've made shots with the meter right in the middle of the green zone, yet they haven't been considered perfect. Something needs to be tweaked and cleared up there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon May 29, 2017 12:12 pm

Oh yeah I've hit the middle and not gotten the perfect release but shaqs hitting fadeaway 3s on me lol

Also, 3 point shooting was a brick fest with mo cheeks rated 7.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Basketball Games