2017 Conference Finals: 1 Boston vs. 2 Cleveland

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Celtics in 4 (Did you mean: Cavs in 4?)
No votes
Celtics in 5 (hello Bill Simmons)
No votes
Celtics in 6 (hello Sauru)
No votes
Celtics in 7
8%
Cavs in 4
38%
Cavs in 5
15%
Cavs in 6
8%
Cavs in 7
No votes
Olynyk is a dirty player and should be killed or at lest suspended one game
No votes
One more round before we all reluctantly jump on the Cavs bandwagon
23%
Things would be different if Rondo were healthy (and Bernie were the nominee)
8%
First conference finals series to be exclusively on NBA TV
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: 2017 Conference Finals: 1 Boston vs. 2 Cleveland

Postby Sauru on Sat May 20, 2017 1:59 pm

i love this series so far. i have been telling everyone who will listen that i dont like isiah thomas and i want to trade him as he cannot carry a team and he is doing his best to prove me right. the celtics being the 1 seed is only because the cavs didnt care. they could have been the 8th seed and would have swept the east. home court only matters if close match ups. they could have played every single eastern conference playoff game on the road and still swept everyone.

also i dont know if anyone was trying to claim IT was the second best player in the east? please point them out to me so i will know who i can stop debating basketball with as they are fucking clueless

the real question is how will people view lebron after these playoffs? will people try to use it to claim he is the best player ever since jordan never won like this or will people say that jordan had to actually play teams in the playoffs before reaching the finals. my stance is the east is so weak that it has to hurt lebron however if he wins the championship this season that will be a major feather in his cap that will be very hard to argue against
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Sat May 20, 2017 2:51 pm

What an embarrassing loss for the league. Does the outcome of this loss/ series affect how good of a coach stevens is?

Bradley has been their unsung hero this far but this time around he isn't able to guard the opponent's best scorer.

The celts are very rocket -ish when they can't make 3pters

Kevin love is having a great series. Sign of the Apocalypse
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Sat May 20, 2017 4:17 pm

air gordon wrote:What an embarrassing loss for the league. Does the outcome of this loss/ series affect how good of a coach stevens is?

i would argue that the celtics way over achieved this season and that should be what is considered when talking about brad stevens. everyone who has every watched the game of basketball knew the cavs were going to destroy the east but no one put the celtics doing this good. we can get crushed 4 straight and i still chalk this season up as a W especially since we are also walking away with the number 1 draft pick and plenty of cap space.
Sauru

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat May 20, 2017 7:11 pm

It's the 2015 Atlanta Hawks all over again people. Over achieved in the regular season and don't match up well against LeBron and the Cavs.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby air gordon on Sat May 20, 2017 11:31 pm

i don't think anyone predicted the cavs would crush the celts like this at their home court twice in a row. even an inferior team like the blazers gave the warriors a better series last year. they competed. i don't know what kind of effort you call this from the celts. this is like the bulls in game 6 vs celts. they got their asses handed to them with no resistance.

while you are on the anti- IT camp, you should add Horford to it.

its been a good season for boston and the future looks good. i just didn'tt expect them to lie down like this after the lottery balls bounced their way
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sat May 20, 2017 11:50 pm

27 year old Isaiah is a great player. Yet people don't appreciate this man enough even after all these years of under-appreciating. How does anyone think the Celtics did recover so fast since Rondo left?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Sun May 21, 2017 3:14 am

NovU wrote:27 year old Isaiah is a great player. Yet people don't appreciate this man enough even after all these years of under-appreciating. How does anyone think the Celtics did recover so fast since Rondo left?

Cuz Ainge did a great job butt raping teams and acquiring excellent value contracts? IT is awesome. Not sure if its ainge's fault for not giving the team another playmaker/scorer or IT is just not an elite player. Either way they need more
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sun May 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Now that Isaiah Thomas is out for good, both conference finals turn out to be cakewalk for heavily favored goliath.

At least both the Finalists-to-be seem to be fully healthy. Let's just hope they will stay that way throughout the Finals.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Sun May 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Ah, the NBA Playoffs. Where the elite teams clash, epic games are played, and lasting memories are created. Once upon a time, at any rate.

Sauru wrote:the real question is how will people view lebron after these playoffs? will people try to use it to claim he is the best player ever since jordan never won like this or will people say that jordan had to actually play teams in the playoffs before reaching the finals. my stance is the east is so weak that it has to hurt lebron however if he wins the championship this season that will be a major feather in his cap that will be very hard to argue against

Seems quite a few analysts (not surprisingly, BSPN talking heads and other loudmouths) are already declaring LeBron as the undisputed GOAT. The funny thing is, for years they've been saying how weak the East is and demanding a change to the Playoff format, but it seems they've suddenly realised how that kind of diminishes some of LeBron's accomplishments (like the string of Finals appearances), and so they're furiously backpedalling and calling the 80s and 90s "weak" instead. Yes, seriously.

As far as the MJ vs LeBron debate is concerned, you can probably guess which side I'm on, but the case has been pretty well laid out by someone who's taken the time to dig through all the numbers.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sun May 21, 2017 11:00 pm

air gordon wrote:while you are on the anti- IT camp, you should add Horford to it.

the one big take away for me these playoffs is how soft both Horford and Aldridge are. seriously both have been exposed. the big difference is i dont have to express anything towards horford as everyone sees it but thomas had an amazing year so now everyone talking about him like he is the future of the celtics. he is not. i am not saying he is bad i am saying he will not sustain this level of play for very long at all so i rather trade him while we can get something for him. in the event we dont trade him then i want to see the celtics let him walk instead of giving him the max contract he is going to ask for
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Mon May 22, 2017 3:20 am

Andrew wrote:Ah, the NBA Playoffs. Where the elite teams clash, epic games are played, and lasting memories are created. Once upon a time, at any rate.

Sauru wrote:the real question is how will people view lebron after these playoffs? will people try to use it to claim he is the best player ever since jordan never won like this or will people say that jordan had to actually play teams in the playoffs before reaching the finals. my stance is the east is so weak that it has to hurt lebron however if he wins the championship this season that will be a major feather in his cap that will be very hard to argue against

Seems quite a few analysts (not surprisingly, BSPN talking heads and other loudmouths) are already declaring LeBron as the undisputed GOAT. The funny thing is, for years they've been saying how weak the East is and demanding a change to the Playoff format, but it seems they've suddenly realised how that kind of diminishes some of LeBron's accomplishments (like the string of Finals appearances), and so they're furiously backpedalling and calling the 80s and 90s "weak" instead. Yes, seriously.

As far as the MJ vs LeBron debate is concerned, you can probably guess which side I'm on, but the case has been pretty well laid out by someone who's taken the time to dig through all the numbers.

Wow, what a breakdown.

It's not even a debate in my opinion, he's not even in my top 10 all time.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Mon May 22, 2017 9:45 am

it never was a debate in my opinion. its nice to see such a deep breakdown though
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon May 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Some excellent research on that site, across all the articles.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Mon May 22, 2017 1:04 pm

well that settles it. thomas is trash. trade the bum
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon May 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Let's see Cowherd and Haberstroh spin that LeBron performance into a tale of greatness.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon May 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Yesssssssss.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon May 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Pressure's on the Spurs to steal one from the Warriors now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon May 22, 2017 1:19 pm

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Dee4Three on Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Kevin Love is a way bigger flopper than I rememebered... he also jumps into his defender after pump fakes and gets calls ALL THE TIME. Must be taking lessons from Lebum.

I'm so glad we won this game.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bowdown on Mon May 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Come on Cleveland. They allowed a blemish on their perfect postseason record.
bowdown

Postby Sauru on Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 pm

bowdown wrote:Come on Cleveland. They allowed a blemish on their perfect postseason record.

honestly this is on lebron, not the cavs
Sauru

Postby Murat on Mon May 22, 2017 2:59 pm

LeBron loses out one game to make the playoffs a bit more exciting
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sauru on Mon May 22, 2017 3:08 pm

man /r/nba is a mess right now. half the people cant get off lebrons nuts while the other half is trying to make them see reason
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Tue May 23, 2017 1:20 am

Dee4Three wrote:Kevin Love is a way bigger flopper than I rememebered... he also jumps into his defender after pump fakes and gets calls ALL THE TIME. Must be taking lessons from Lebum.

I'm so glad we won this game.

jerebko calling him a flopper after love drew the charge was hilarious

stevens flexing his coaching chops. and kudos to Smart. doesn't need to be an agitator when his shots are going in

amir johnson's +/- are atrocious. just start jerebko already
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 am

Sauru wrote:man /r/nba is a mess right now. half the people cant get off lebrons nuts while the other half is trying to make them see reason

They're also making comments about James Jordan's murder. Classy.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball