(18-2) Golden Ducks - 18th-20th Game Recap! + Jimmer NBA Record Setting night!!!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

(18-2) Golden Ducks - 18th-20th Game Recap! + Jimmer NBA Record Setting night!!!

Postby Alejandrov011 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:14 am

Settings

Game: NBA 2K17 PC
Game Type: MyLeague Expansion
Qtr Length: 10 Min normalized. Stats NO
Sim Length: 12 Min
Season Length: 30 games
Play-Offs: 3-3-3-5
Difficulty: Hall of Fame
Last edited by Alejandrov011 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:06 am, edited 18 times in total.
Alejandrov011
Leading the NBA in assists since NBA Live 2001

ADAM SILVER ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Alejandrov011 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:40 am

The NBA announces big changes for the next Season

The Commisioner Adam Silver announced this morning that the upcomming season will have some significative changes

Adam Silver

First he announced that the NBA Season will be shorter, the NBA Teams will just play one time in every city this season. The reason was because a lot of player were getting injured as the season goes on (commonly known as wear and tear) and they wanted to preserve them for the long future. Owner were against this mainly for economical reasons (season tickets will be 2 or 3 times more expensive) and obviusly, the fans.
The player were pushing for less games, but just 30? It's gonna be see sa the season goes...

"I want the NBA to take care of their players, we don't want to see young players go down for seasons, and also, never coming back"
Adam Silver in conference

After this comment, the NBA World started to call this new format as the "Embiid Rule"
He also defended this decision by making the NBA more competitive

"I know the NBA is a show, is a bussiness, but i want to see the same spirit and desire of winning in the entire season, not just the last weeks of the season and in playoffs. I want teams to defend hard, make pressure all the court... After all, this is Basketball"

Later in the conference, he made another announcement....

"I'm glad to say that there will be a new NBA Team this season, we got some submitions but one standed above all the others... I'm Happy to announce to the World that the island of Hawaii is joining the NBA for the 2016/17 Season"

So... this upcoming NBA Season will be with 31 teams, a 30 game schedule and a 3-3-3-5 Playoffs Format.

Let's see how the world react to this....

You're wrong Woj! it's 3-3-3-5. Everybody make a wish!

#I♥Hashtag

Last edited by Alejandrov011 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alejandrov011

Re: Hello Hawaii! The Paradise Joins the NBA!

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:17 am

Haha this is different... I'm assuming you'll play your games at Stan sheriff center
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

WE ARE THE GOLDEN DUCKS!

Postby Alejandrov011 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:22 am

THE NEW NBA TEAM REVEALS LOGO, COURT AND NAME

"Right now, you can call us the Hawaii Golden Ducks"
announced the owner of the New NBA Team, Alejandro Viano, as he showed the new NBA Logo... that caused smiles and laughs

Yes... it looks like a rubber duck...

"The logo means happiness, it's friendly, we want to reach the little fans all over the world"

After that, the owner showed the Stadium that the newly Golden Ducks will play... and everybody got their jaws dropped

"Ladys and Gentleman... I show you our place... as we call with love... The Beach!"

a fullcourt image... Beautiful

The Golden Duck (still nameless)

From the tunnel

Love the details

The animation monster!

As the conference ended, the owner said that the Jersey's will be unveiled by the Expansion Players taken in the upcoming Expansion Draft.... but someone seems to have taken a photograph of the Jerseys that the Golden Ducks will be wearing in the NBA

Take a look:

They are awesome!

THE TWITTER REACTION

The boys showing some love :mrgreen:
Last edited by Alejandrov011 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alejandrov011

Postby Alejandrov011 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:24 am

[Q] wrote:Haha this is different... I'm assuming you'll play your games at Stan sheriff center

Hi, I'm from Argentina, I barely know where Hawaii is :mrgreen: :mrgreen:, so I just named the new court "The Beach"
Alejandrov011

DAVID BLATT IS THE HC OF THE GOLDEN DUCKS

Postby Alejandrov011 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 am

DAVID BLATT WILL BE THE HEAD COACH OF THE GOLDEN DUCKS

Coach Blatt becames the first ever coach of the Franchise

David Blatt was hired by the Hawaii Golden Ducks to be their First ever Headcoach.
Blatt, 57, is a former basketball player who had great success as a headcoach in Europe. He won the EuroLeague with Maccabi Tel Aviv before coming to the NBA where he had a great run with the LeBron led Cavaliers who lose the NBA Finals to the Warriors. He was later dissmised at midseason.

He last coached Darüşşafaka of the Turkish Super League.

Some words of Coach Blatt during the conference

About the Expansion Draft:"I'm here to build a winning culture beginning with hard nose defense, so the players we're getting in the Expansion Draft will be defensive minded

About getting leaders:It will be a bit difficult... but we need a leader from the beginning, I hope to get one in the Draft or maybe, we should trade

About the Offensive System:I'm a FIBA guy, so i'm going to need wing defenders, a strong 5 and shooters... we need to bomb from the three

The contract is for 4yr. $16M

Twitter Reaction

Leigh Ellis from deep :mrgreen:
Alejandrov011

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:18 am

Alejandrov011 wrote:
[Q] wrote:Haha this is different... I'm assuming you'll play your games at Stan sheriff center

Hi, I'm from Argentina, I barely know where Hawaii is :mrgreen: :mrgreen:, so I just named the new court "The Beach"

The university of Hawaii plays their games at the Stan Sheriff Center which would be a realistic name to give your stadium. Also, the official name of the state is Hawai'i so you might want to put that mark in the name on the jerseys and court

[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Alejandrov011 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:21 am

[Q] wrote:
Alejandrov011 wrote:

The university of Hawaii plays their games at the Stan Sheriff Center which would be a realistic name to give your stadium. Also, the official name of the state is Hawai'i so you might want to put that mark in the name on the jerseys and court

[ Image ]

Thanks for the info! I just read that "Hawai'i" is in hawaiian language, and in english can be written "Hawaii"
Things that one learn by making a story :mrgreen:
Alejandrov011

Re: (0-0) Golden Ducks - David Blatt named HC

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Pero, como en Español, el acento is muy importante en ese idioma
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

MANU GOES 1ST IN EXPANSION DRAFT

Postby Alejandrov011 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:35 am

THE EXPANSION DRAFT IS OVER! MANU GINOBILI IS THE FIRST CHOICE BY THE GOLDEN DUCKS

The future Hall Of Famer, Manu Ginobili was picked by the Golden Ducks in the expansion draft. The Argentinian was surprinsingly left unprotected by the Spurs and he was picked to be part of the new franchise.

"Manu is a legit leader, and to have somebody like him in our roster from day 1 is an honor. His leadership, teamwork and work ethic will path the way of the franchise"
David Blatt, Golden Ducks Coach

Other high profile names picked by the Golden Ducks were Joe Johnson, Brandon Jennings, Tony Allen and Terrence Ross

"We decided to pick young players alongside those veterans who can be their mentors... Manu, Scola, Tony, LB, will be the role models of the youngsters, who will be the faces of the Franchise for the years to come"
Alejandro Viano, Golden Ducks GM

This is the list of the players who are officially Golden Ducks

1st Pick: Manu Ginobili - SG - 39 years
2nd Pick: Boban Marjanovic - C - 28 years
3rd Pick: Joe Johnson - SF - 35 years
4th Pick: Meyers Leonard - PF - 24 years
5th Pick: Jerami Grant - SF - 22 years
6th Pick: Brandon Jennings - PG - 27 years
7th Pick: Terrence Ross - SF - 25 years
8th Pick: Leandro Barbosa - SG - 33 years
9th Pick: Skal Labissiere - C - 20 years
10th Pick: Luis Scola - PF - 36 years
11th Pick: Tomas Satoransky - PG - 24 years
12th Pick: Tony Allen - SF - 34 years
13th Pick : Matthew Dellavedova - PG - 26 years

Projected rotation (starting 5 in bold)

PG: Brandon Jennings / Matthew Dellavedova / Tomas Satoransky
SG: Manu Ginobili / Leandro Barbosa
SF: Terrence Ross / Tony Allen / Jerami Grant
PF: Meyers Leonard / Joe Johnson/ Luis Scola
C: Boban Marjanovic / Skal Labissiere

THE TWITTER REACTION

Last edited by Alejandrov011 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alejandrov011

BLOCKBUSTER TRADE!

Postby Alejandrov011 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:10 am

STAR POWER COMES TO HAWAII IN BLOCKBUSTER TRADE WITH THE JAZZ

Rudy Gobert

Derrick Favors

Rodney Hood

The NBA World is upside down right now... In a pretty lopsided trade, the Utah Jazz agreed to send Star PF Derrick Favors, SG Rodney Hood and C Rudy Gobert to the Hawaii Golden Ducks in exchange of Brandon Jennings, Matthew Dellavedova, Joe Johnson and a 2017 1st Round Pick (top 5 Protected)

"For us, it's unbelievable. Right now we almost have a powerful starting 5 to compete from day 1 for a playoffs spot. We added 3 young players but with great experience in the league. We're so happy and lucky to have them
David Blatt - Golden Ducks HC

NBA Experts still don't know why Utah agreed to this trade... It's a bit obvius that the pick is going to be a high one in the next draft... but most experts said that Utah should have taken 2 or 3 first rounders. It was known that they were shopping Gobert (his rookie contract expires and he's looking for a Max Deal and Utah is not going to give it), But the surprise is the addition of Hood in the deal, almost, as a throw in. Now they have a logjam at PG (Hill, Exum, Jennings, Dellavedova). We really don't know what Utah is doing...

Grade: D-

For The Golden Ducks, they hit the jackpot. They were looking offers for both Delly and Jennings for a PF. But they hit big having 3 former Utah starters for almost nothing. They just need a PG and they can be legit runners for a late playoff spot

Grade: A+

Favors will wear #15, Gobert #27 and Hood #5

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Golden Ducks get Huestis, 1st Rounder for Terrence Ross and pick

In another trade, the Golden Ducks sent SF Terrence Ross and a 2nd Round pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for SFJosh Huestis and a 1st round pick.

Josh Huestis

For the Thunder it's a pretty good trade. They get a scorer to replace the defensive minded Roberson. Also Ross is in cap friendly contract at just $10M a year.

Grade: B+

For the Golden Ducks it's a bit of a downgrade, but they wanted a 2017 Draft Pick so they give away their starting SF, this means more playing time and development for Jerami Grant.

Grade: C

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Recently adquired Huestis is sent to the Nets for Bennett

Anthony "Bust" Bennett

The Golden Ducks wasted no time trading Josh Huestis and a 2nd rounder in 2020 for former 1st Pick of the 2013 NBA Draft Anthony Bennett

"We want to give the boy a chance. With Scola, Favors, Tony, Manu, maybe he can get in line. It's a low risk move. We have nothing to lose... But he has to earn his right to play"
Alejandro Viano, Golden Ducks GM

Essencialy... this trade is for backup players who will barely see playing time. The pick is years away, so we don't know if it will be in the 30's or the 50's... time will tell how this trade works. But the NBA doens't expect too much. It's a low risk, high win trade but will so little odds.

Trade Grade

Nets: C
Golden Ducks: C

Bennett will wear #13

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jimmer returns to the NBA on a 4yr Contract with Hawaii

And finally, in apretty busy day, the Golden Ducks signed former Brigham Young star Jimmer Fredette to a 4yr. $8M Contract.

Maybe we can see some Jimmermania in Hawaii

Jimmer was a player that the HC Blatt demanded. He can shoot and space the floor quickly... Let's see if he can defend and stick in this league. Is this is last chance in the NBA?

Fredette wil wear #32
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Golden Ducks Current Roster (projeted starters)

PG: Jimmer Fredette / Leandro Barbosa
SG: Rodney Hood / Manu Ginobili (C)
SF: Tony Allen / Jerami Grant / Josh Huestis
PF: Derrick Favors / Meyers Leonard / Luis Scola
C: Rudy Gobert / Boban Marjanovic / Skal Labissiere

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THE TWITTER REACTION

The guys showing some love to Jimmer
Alejandrov011

THE GOLDEN DUCKS FALL IN THEIR NBA DEBUT AT THE BUZZER

Postby Alejandrov011 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:16 am

ALDRIDGE'S BUZZER BEATER STUNS GOLDEN DUCKS DEBUT

With a midrange jumper at the buzzer, the Spurs beat the Golden Ducks 100-98 in their NBA Debut in The Beach. It was a party in Hawaii, a sellout crowd was there to say Hello! to the new NBA Team who fought hard against the always strong San Antonio Spurs.

The Golden Ducks played a high volume offense, they shoot 25 three pointers but only scored 10 of them (29%) and showed a pretty interesting defensive tandem of Tony Allen and Jerami Grant, who defended Kawhi the entire game between them, forcing him to just shoot 37% from the field.

The visiting team was lead by Kawhi Leonard who scored 24 on 7-19 shooting. Gasol got a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds and the clutch perfomer of the night, LaMarcus Aldridge had another one with 14 and 14

For the Golden Ducks, Boban Marjanovic (who started at center) scored 20 points and grabbed 7 rebounds. Jimmer Fredette scored 15 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds in the losing effort. Derricks Favors had 13 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks.
It was a special night for Manu Ginobili, who, for the first time he played in another NBA Team and in his Golden Ducks debut he played against the Spurs. He was welcomed by his former teammates and had a lengthy conversation with Popovich before the game.

BOXSCORE

PHOTOS OF THE GAME (I will make a better recording of the photos for the next games! I Promise)

The first ever Jumpball!

Yes Derrick... he made it a the buzzer... :(

The Captain giving orders. It was a special game for him

CURRENT RECORD: 0-1
Alejandrov011

Re: (0-1) Golden Ducks - Aldridge's Buzzer Beater stuns GD debut

Postby Lamrock on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:15 am

Thank you for making me feel less guilty about my Gobert trade. :lol:

In all seriousness, this is cool. Hope you stick with it! (Y)
Lamrock

Re: (0-1) Golden Ducks - Aldridge's Buzzer Beater stuns GD debut

Postby Alejandrov011 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:15 am

Lamrock wrote:Thank you for making me feel less guilty about my Gobert trade. :lol:

In all seriousness, this is cool. Hope you stick with it! (Y)

I saw your trade... I stole the Jazz with a cookie as a gun in comparison to you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I don't know why but the Jazz, in any trade scenario, wanted to trade Gobert

Maybe... because he doesn0t want to resign? You will see soon :cool:
Alejandrov011

GOLDEN DUCKS GET THEIR 1ST WIN! + 3 STARTERS DOWN...

Postby Alejandrov011 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:48 am

MARJANOVIC REBOUNDS TO 1ST VICTORY AS 3 STARTERS WENT DOWN WITH INJURIES

GOLDEN DUCKS 109 - 103 HORNETS

The Serbian Beast showing why he's a starter over Gobert

The Golden Ducks got their 1st Victory in NBA History as they defeat the Charlotte Hornets 109 - 103, but the win had an ugly taste because Jimmer Fredette, Rodney Hood and Derrick Favors went down in the 4th quarter with different injuries and they didn't return. In their abscence, Boban Marjanovic took the flag and had a monster night with 21 rebounds, alongside 13 points and 4 blocks. Favors was leading the game with 23 before going down with an ankle sprain

For the Hornets, Kemba Walker led the team with 21 points

BOXSCORES

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Are you bored, Jimmer?

Boban using his frame

The "Bust" and The "Best" watching as Rodney Hood was taken to X-Rays

INJURY REPORT

• Jimmer Fredette is listed as day to day, he has a pain in the right foot. He will probably play next game
• Derrick Favors has a right ankle sprain, he's listed day to day and won't miss any game
• Rodney Hood had a severe right ankle sprain and is ruled OUT for at least 15 days. Leandro Barbosa will start at SG for the next game.

CURRENT RECORD: 1-1
Alejandrov011

Gobert: I won't be back in Hawaii

Postby Alejandrov011 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:20 am

RUDY GOBERT: AT THE END OF THE SEASON, I WON'T BE BACK IN HAWAII

Rudy Gobert in press conference

The newly adquired C Rudy Gobert announced that he will be a free agent at the season's end. He decided that he wants to be a Starter in this league and he believes it won't happen in Hawaii

"I have the best realtionship with Boban (Marjanovic), but I was a starter before and I want to be a Starter again, and if it doesn't happens here in Hawaii, I will look elsewhere. I know that I'm one of the best Centers in the league, I don't want to be on the bench"

Rudy Gobert

The Golden Ducks just played two games in the season and already has a trouble. Coach Blatt decided to go with Marjanovic as starter and Gobert as Sixth Man. The French was playing quality but not starter minutes.

The notice didn't suit well in the squad and coaching staff...

You might be mad or angry... but this stuff should stay in the lockeroom. I won't say anymore about this

Team Captain Manu Ginobili

You must talk with your coach and your team about this, we're a family growing up from zero. Talking to the press about your lack of minutes is disrespectful for your teammates, we just started the season!

Golden Ducks SG Leandro Barbosa

The Grandfather went beyond, showing his displeasure
He doesn't want to be here? After 2 games? Right there is the door... let him go! We want winners, those players who will be there for each other. He thinks for himself? Go play golf little boy

A very upset Tony Allen

Coach Blatt wasn't available for the media... Will he do anything with Gobert?
Alejandrov011

THE GOLDEN DUCKS GET MCDERMOTT, DINWIDDIE

Postby Alejandrov011 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 pm

THE GOLDEN DUCKS GET MCDERMOTT, DINWIDDIE FROM BULLS FOR SATORANSKY, 2ND ROUNDER

Doug McDermott

Spencer Dinwiddie

Tomas Satoransky

Golden Ducks Get:

F Doug McDermott
G Spencer Dinwiddie

Bulls Get:

G Tomas Satoransky
2019 2nd Round Pick

Trade Review

The Golden Ducks get a scoring machine in McBuckets to replace Rodney Hood who is out for a few games, this will also allow them to have a deeper bench when Hood is back in the game. They sent away a player who wasn't playing much, it's clearly an upgrade

TRADE GRADE: A

For the Bulls, They get a bench player for a player with scoring power... Reallya so-so trade for them. Chemistry issues maybe?

TRADE GRADE: C

McDermott and Dinwiddie will be in uniform for the Golden Ducks as they visit the Bulls for next game (nice coincidence!)
Alejandrov011

3 Game Recap! (Games 3-5)

Postby Alejandrov011 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:44 pm

THE GOLDEN DUCKS ESCAPES IN SECOND QUARTER AND NEVER LOOKED BACK

BULLS 93 - GOLDEN DUCKS 109

The Golden Ducks are above .500 with this easy win in Chicago. They took the lead in the 2nd Quarter and never looked behing again.
They were lead by Jimmer Fredette with 25 points, Manu Ginobili scored 22 from the bench (in just 18 minutes). Recently adquired Doug McDermott started in place of the injured Rodney Hood and scored 15 with 5-9 from deep.

The Bulls had 23 from Wade and 17 from Butler who shot just 13 from 30 together

BOXSCORES

DEFENSIVE DUCKS! HAWAII HOLDS HOME CELTICS TO JUST 80 POINTS IN WIN

CELTICS 80 - 97 GOLDEN DUCKS

In an awesome defensive show, the Golden Ducks hold the Celtics to 80 points, winning away 97-80

Hawaii was led by Jimmer Fredette who had 18 points, 9 assists and 9 turnovers :facepalm2: . Barbosa was a force of the bench, scoring 17 in just 18 minutes. Boban "The Beast" Marjanovic had just 6 points, 6 assists and 16 big rebounds! :bow2:
McDermott had to leave the game due to a sprained ankle, it seems not to be too serious.

But the greatest point was the stingy defense they played. They held Isaiah Thomas to just 11 points. As a team they shot 35% from the field. IT was guarded by Tony Allen and Jerami Grant.

NOTES: Rudy Gobert, who announced that he won't resign with Hawaii, played just 2 minutes today... :!: :!: :!:

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Boston got Jimmered! including the fans... where are they?

The GrandFather, his defense over IT was key

The injury bug strikes again! :furious: :furious: :furious:

____________________________________________________________________________________

FERRARI DUCKS
GOLDEN DUCKS RUNS OVER THE PISTONS

PISTONS 78 - 104 GOLDEN DUCKS

The Golden Ducks keep winning on the road with an easy win over the Pistons. The local team had no answer for the heavy frontcourt of Marjanovic-Favors who had 37 points and 20 rebounds combined, shooting 13-15 from the field and 11-13 from the charity stripe combined.
Jimmer Fredette scored 21 with 8 assists and 8 turnovers (C'mon Jimmer!)

The Pistons were rolling with Reggie Jackson who had 17 points in 16 minutes before leaving the court with an undisclosed injury and didn't return. This ended any hope for the Pistons to keep the Golden Ducks' pace.
Tobias Harris scored 14 points and Andre Drummond had a rough night against the Serbian Beast, he had 9 points and 14 rebounds shooting an awful 4-14 from the field and 1-7 from the freethrow line :turrible:

NOTES: Rodney Hood returned for the Golden Ducks, scoring 13 points in 29 minutes as a starter

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Boban with the chasedown block!

Boban again! This time on the other side of the court!

The Pistons Mascot, targeting the refs....

GOLDEN DUCKS RECORD: 4-1 (4 win streak!)
Alejandrov011

End of November Recap

Postby Alejandrov011 on Thu May 04, 2017 10:46 am

THIS IS THE END OF THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER WITH TWO GAMES!

GOLDEN SUN!
HAWAII RUN OVER THE SUNS

SUNS 92 - 118 GOLDEN DUCKS

The Golden Ducks use a 66-38 run in the 2nd and 3rd Quarter to escape in Arizona. The Offense seems to start clicking for David Blatt who is 5-1 to start the season!

Boban Marjanovic was unstoppable, he had 27 points and 12 rebounds to lead the game. Jimmer had 21 points, 9 assists and 6 rebounds, a very complete game by Jimmer.
For the Suns, Brandon Knight had 20 off the bench to lead the Suns.

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Locked in

The Argentinian connection... Maybe their last season?

Jimmerange!

NOTES:
• Rudy Gobert was DNP - Coach's Decision for the first time since his announcement... a trade is coming?
• Skal Labissiere played 16 minutes, seems to be taking Rudy Gobert minutes. He had 6 points, 5 rebounds, 1 steals and a block

CURRENT RECORD: 5-1 (5w Streak!)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UNSINKABLE DUCKS!
6th STRAIGHT WIN AS THE GOLDEN DUCKS BEATS THE CLIPPERS AT HOME

GOLDEN DUCKS 105 -90 CLIPPERS

As happened on their last game in Phoenix, the Golden Ducks used a huge 2nd and 3rd Quarter (55-33 run) to escape the powerfull Clippers. They used a balanced attack as 8 players had 7 or more points.
Derrick Favors lead the team with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Marjanovic had 12 points, 10 rebounds and a career-high 7 assists.

For the Clippers, Blake Griffin had 29 and 11. Chris Paul had 15 points and 13 assists.

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Are you bored, Marreese?

Favors, unstoppable!

The director of The Orchestra

NOTES
• Rudy Gobert was DNP - Coach's decision AGAIN... and the team is doing fine... How much will he stay in Hawaii?
• Labissiere is officially in the rotation, he played 18 minutes tonight, wit 4 points, 7 rebounds and 4 steals #TheRookie

CURRENT RECORD: 6-1 (6 game winning streak!!!)
Alejandrov011

RUDY GOBERT TRADED AWAY

Postby Alejandrov011 on Thu May 04, 2017 12:51 pm

AU REVOIR GOBERT!
THE DISGRUNTED CENTER WAS TRADED TO CHARLOTTE

Rudy Gobert
Meyers Leonard
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Brian Roberts

Golden Ducks get:
F Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PG Brian Roberts

Hornets get:
C Rudy Gobert
F-C Meyers Leonard

TRADE REVIEW

Golden Ducks: Rudy Gobert wasn't playing too much due to the big play of Boban Marjanovic and he wasn't pleased with being a sixth man. Some time ago he announced that he wo'nt resign with Hawaii at season's end so the Golden Ducks searched for a trade, they were not willing to lose him for nothing in Free Agency. They added a defensive minded player in Kidd-Gilchrist, maybe he will take Tony Allen spot in the near future.
They also give up on Meyers Leonard, who has a great upside (you don't finde 7 footers who can shoot the three) but he couldn't adjust to the offensive rithym.
But now they have a pretty solid and young team... They can be dangerous!
In resume, they traded a young defensive player with a lot of upside... for another one! but a perimetral one with no outside shot

GRADE: B

Hornets: Now they have their starting center of the future... but he hasn't announced if he will resign in Charlotte. Now Zeller goes to the bench and they're thin at SF, having just Nic Batum at that spot.

GRADE: B+ (if he resigns, upgrade it to A)

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will wear #14
Brian Roberts will wear #22
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ANOTHER ARGENTINIAN JOINS HAWAII
GOLDEN DUCKS GET PRIGIONI FOR DINWIDDIE

Pablo Prigioni
Spencer Dinwiddie

Golden Ducks get:
PG Pablo Prigioni

Rockets get:
PG Spencer Dinwiddie

TRADE REVIEW

Golden Ducks: They traded away their backup PG for another one, but he has a special bond with Ginobili and Scola. He will be a great mentor but we see this like a final gift for Ginobili, who accepted to join the Golden Ducks. A farewell tour maybe?

GRADE: C

Rockets: They get a younger point guard who won't see many minutes behind Harden, Beverley, Gordon...

GRADE: C

Prigioni will wear #8
_______________________________________________________________________________________

THE GODFATHER IS NOT DONE YET!
TONY ALLEN RESIGNED WITH THE GOLDEN DUCKS

Tony Allen

Tony "The Godfather" Allen has resigned for 3 more years for the Veteran Minimun ($3.07M total)
Having Tony for the veteran minimum is a luxury. He's the defensive ace of the team and one of the best defensive players in the league, even at 34.

Tony is the soul of the defense, he's being a great locker room influence for the young players, and he will do an excellent job with MKG

David Blatt, Golden Ducks HC
Alejandrov011

8th-10th Game Recap

Postby Alejandrov011 on Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 pm

STREAK IS OVER
BLAZERS BEATS GOLDEN DUCKS IN SHOOTOUT

GOLDEN DUCKS 116 - 120 TRAIL BLAZERS

The Golden Ducks had no answer for CJ McCollum

It was a wild shootout in Hawaii, Lillard (33p) and McCollum (30p) were on fire. The Three-Headed Monster of Hawaii had a great effort but weren't enough.
Favors lead the team with 28 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks, Fredette had 26 points and 13 assists and Marjanovic had 24, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks in the losing effort

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Jimmer with the 2 and 1

Baby Skal is playing quality minutes

The refs watching CJ McCollum's buzzerbeater at the end of a wild 1st Quarter

NOTES:
• It was a rough debut for Kidd-Gilchrist, who was a bit out of sync at defense...

CURRENT RECORD: 6-2
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

COOLED HEAT
HAWAII CRUSHES OVER MIAMI

HEAT 77-100 GOLDEN DUCKS

Boban being nasty with the rim

Hawaii bounced in great fashion from is lose to the Blazers with a stunning 100-77 in Miami. Jimmer Fredette led the game with 27 points, 7 assists but just shooting 33% from the floor. The Frontcourt duo of Boban-Favors had 33 points and 27 rebounds combined!
For Miami, Goran Dragic scored 17, T-Rex Bosh had 15. Whiteside also had 15 alongside 15 rebounds.

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Nice dunk by Boban, don't you think Jimmer?

McDermott showing some dunking skills

Where's everybody? :mrgreen:

NOTES:
• After allowing 120 to the Blazers, the Golden Ducks held Miami to just 38% from the floor and 77 points total.

CURRENT RECORD: 7-2
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SHAVE THE BROW!
PELICANS NO MATCH FOR THE GOLDEN DUCKS

GOLDEN DUCKS 114-85 PELICANS

Derrick fueling the fire on the rim

The Golden Ducks used a 27-11 1st Quarter to take the lead and never look back. The Pelicans had no answer for Boban "The Beast" Marjanovic who scored a game high 24 points, along with 14 rebounds and 6 steals. Favors had a double double with 14 and 12 and Jimmer had another one with 13 and 13 assists.
New Orleans had a rough night... Quincy Pondexter :!: led the Pelicans with 16 points. Anthony Davis scored just 11 points and 8 rebounds on 3-13 from the field :doh: being guarded all game by Marjanovic. But the nightmare game was for Jrue Holiday, who was defended by Kidd-Gilchrist and had 2 points, 4 assists on 1-11 from the field in 26 minutes! :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

MANU TRIED TO DUNK!!! :cool: but he was fouled on mid air (N) (N) (N)

Boban is unstoppable... A case for Most Improved?

Davis was outplayed... just look his face on a TO :mrgreen:

NOTES:
• Kidd-Gilchrist showed why he was traded to Hawaii. Holding Jrue Holiday to 2 points on 1-11 shooting :bowdown2:
• Jimmer is having shooting issues... He's shooting below 40% from the field and near 30% from deep :!:

CURRENT RECORD: 8-2

11th-14th Game Recap!

Postby Alejandrov011 on Sun May 07, 2017 5:16 am

RIPPED NETS
GOLDEN DUCKS USES STRONG 4TH QUARTER TO ESCAPE FROM BROOKLYN

NETS 104 - 112 GOLDEN DUCKS

It was a Centers duel in Brooklyn

In a pretty close matchup, Hawaii used a 32-25 run in the 4th to escape with the victory from Brooklyn.
Fredette had 33 points, 6 assists and 9 turnovers :facepalm2: Marjanovic is keeping his strong play with 32p 13r and 3 steals. Favors added 15 and 13.

The Nets were led by Brook Lopez who was unstoppable, 36 points, 15 rebounds in 44 minutes

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Manu poses for the camera. He had 16 in 16minutes of the bench (Y)

Randy Foye arguing with the refs. Too many fouls called!

Leandrinho was key in the 4th with his strong performance

NOTES:
• Rodney Hood went scoreless in 28 minutes :doh:
• Besides Lopez, no other Net scored more tan 13 points

CURRENT RECORD: 9-2
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DO ME A FAVORS, LA
DERRICK TO MUCH FOR THE LAKERS

GOLDEN DUCKS 107 - 99 LAKERS

Unstoppable

Derrick Favors was too much to handle as his 32 points and 10 rebounds helped Hawaii to reach is 10th win of the season! :bowdown2:
The Golden Ducks are looking like a legit Playoffs Contender right now!
For LA, DeAngelo Russell had 19 points, 7 assists and 7 steals, but the Lakers just shot 2-16 from deep

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Stretching time

Rodney going strong! (Y)

Brazilian Time! as Leandrinho defends Marcelinho :chug:

NOTES:
• Jimmer had a rough night, 5-21 from the field and 0-8 from deep :doh: :doh:
• Rodney Hood bounced from his scoreless game, scoring 13 in 26 minutes

CURRENT RECORD: 10-2
______________________________________________________________________________________

RIDING THE MAVS!
BOBAN'S 33 AND 18 TOO MUCH FOR DALLAS

GOLDEN DUCKS 111-97 MAVERICKS

Kidd-Gilchrist is starting to click!

It was a Boban's show at The Beach, his 33 points and 18 big rebounds were just too much for the Mavericks. He was followed by Jimmer Fredette's 26 points and 10 assists. Manu Ginobili was key again as he had 17 points, 5 assists in 19 minutes of the bench :bowdown2:
For the Mavericks, Harrison Barnes had 22 and Wesley Matthews 21, Dirk was a no show, just scoring 11 in 5-16 from the field

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Dirk had a rough night... Maybe his final season? #LEGEND :bowdown2:

What are you lookin at ref? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh yeah! the buzzer beater, by the way, it was good! (Y)

NOTES:
• Jimmer shooting woes continues, this time he shot 9-26 from the field (34,6%)

CURRENT RECORD: 11-2
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OLD IS THE WIND AND STILL AT PLAY!
MANU'S 25 OFF THE BENCH LEADS HAWAII IN RUN OVER MEMPHIS

MEMPHIS 74 - 101 GOLDEN DUCKS

Baby Skal with some strong play

The ageless Manu Ginobili had 25 points in 26 minutes in the rout against the Grizzlies. The Frontcourt duo of Boban-Favors had 34 and 31 rebounds combined :!: :!:
Vince Carter (the oldest man in the league :mrgreen: ) led the Grizz with 14 points :doh: as stars Gasol and Conley both had a rough night. The Spaniard had 10 points, 13 rebounds on 5-14 shooting and the Point Guard had 6 points and 8 assists, shooting just 2-11 from the field, mainly by the defensive play by Kidd-Gilchrist

PHOTOS OF THE GAME

Favors, a common presence at the rim

Just look Boban hands... damn!

People leaving early, again! :mrgreen:

NOTES:
• Jimmer shooting is not falling... 7-20 from the field.... :!: :!:
• 12 wins in 14 games... Nobody saw this coming!

CURRENT RECORD: 12-2

Re: (12-2) Golden Ducks - 11th-14th Game Recap!

Postby Lamrock on Thu May 11, 2017 5:41 am

Those are hands-down the ugliest jerseys I've ever seen. :P Nice job getting out to such a good start with this group of castoffs
Lamrock

Re: (12-2) Golden Ducks - 11th-14th Game Recap!

Postby Alejandrov011 on Fri May 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Lamrock wrote:Those are hands-down the ugliest jerseys I've ever seen. :P Nice job getting out to such a good start with this group of castoffs

That hurts dude.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks bro! I have a pretty nice defensive team, and I force a lot the ball in the paint and it is helping me a lot. If I can find the timming with Jimmer this team can have a deep run in the Playoffs!

Thanks for passing by! (Y) (Y) (Y)
Alejandrov011

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood