Brandon Roy Shot

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Brandon Roy Shot

Postby Andrew on Thu May 04, 2017 12:40 am

Ex-NBA Star Brandon Roy Reportedly Shot While Shielding Kids From Gunfire Outside Grandmother's Home

Former Trail Blazers star Brandon Roy was reportedly shot in the leg outside of his grandmother’s house near Los Angeles over the weekend, King 5 TV in Seattle reported early Wednesday morning. According to sources who spoke with King 5, Roy was a bystander during what may have been a gang-related shooting. He reportedly received treatment in California before returning to his home in Washington state where he is expected to make a full recovery.

A source who spoke with USA Today Sports revealed additional details about the shooting, which reportedly took place after someone randomly opened fire. According to that source, Roy was shot while shielding several kids from gunfire. Roy is yet to confirm the shooting or speak publicly about it.

Glad to hear that he's OK.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Brandon Roy Shot

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 04, 2017 12:59 am

I have always like Brandon Roy, as a player and a person. He was a professional in the NBA, always seemed like a great dude.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu May 04, 2017 3:05 am

Dang, he took one for the kids. He's coaching high school basketball now. As noted in the other thread, he's one of my favorite players
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Thu May 04, 2017 9:57 am

Thank god he's okay. Brandon Roy is one of my favorite players ever. I followed him when he was at University of Washington, and then he made it easy to become a Blazers fan once the Sonics left. I have a lot of fond memories from his brief NBA career, and now he's coaching my high school's basketball team.

Get well soon B-Roy.
Lamrock

Postby bowdown on Sat May 06, 2017 1:14 pm

He's an awesome guy. Revived Portland basketball just in time when I was a teen and got hooked watching the Blazers. Great times.
bowdown

Return to NBA & Basketball