2017 Playoffs: (1) Boston vs. (8) Chicago

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Celtics in 4
No votes
Celtics in 5
27%
Celtics in 6
27%
Celtics in 7
13%
Bulls in 4
No votes
Bulls in 5
7%
Bulls in 6
No votes
Bulls in 7
No votes
After ten OT's, game 7 is decided by a Connect 4 game, which Rondo wins
13%
Ainge somehow trades Olynyk to Brooklyn for two unprotected firsts
13%

Total votes : 15

Re: 2017 Playoffs: (1) Boston vs. (8) Chicago

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Ouch.

I hurt....
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:45 pm

Rondo's been playing very well in the late season, contributing greatly to making the playoffs, now in 1st round he's been the key guy.

Will you Bulls fans apologize to Garpax if this team makes to ECF?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Probably not. While it would be a huge overachievement and a great run, it wouldn't invalidate all criticism of them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:55 pm

NovU wrote:Rondo's been playing very well in the late season, contributing greatly to making the playoffs, now in 1st round he's been the key guy.

Will you Bulls fans apologize to Garpax if this team makes to ECF?

Fuck no. These 2 wins are a nice fu to those clowns who tried to sink the season and traded for Payne and forced him in the lineup

And i agree with lamrocks post
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:29 am

Where's Al Horford? Celtics are paying him to be that #2 guy, but he's not stepping up.
Jeffx

Postby Kevin on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:42 am

Al is playing like a passive, scared, rookie. Even the look he has on his face during the game. He doesn't look like a veteran to me.

I wonder if he is feeling the pressure of being what a lot of people were hoping for, a key and missing piece that can help the Celtics get over the hump.

I havn't seen him make any veteran plays in these two games.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:33 am

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 am

#5 is heartbreaking.

But I also think it stems from Thomas's emotional ride, and the fact that Horford is just not that type of guy.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 am

Horford needs to man up. He actually took it to the basket twice in a row in the 2nd half. Needs to do that more, especially when Niko is on him

It looks like the team is feeling the pressure, not just big Al

So what should the celts do aside from not rushing shots as the article suggested? Start Kelly o?

And where's the Celtic fan of the forum?

And Moz and valor? Still in boycott mode?

From a Bulls fan perspective this series is amusing. Fine they won game 1 by hitting the boards and buckets closing them out. Game 2 the rebounding was equal but they hit their 3's and really won convincingly. The defense has been solid especially when smart is in.

Just enjoying the ride as the wheels can come off at any time. the next 2 are on ESPN ;)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 am

air gordon wrote:Horford needs to man up. He actually took it to the basket twice in a row in the 2nd half. Needs to do that more, especially when Niko is on him

It looks like the team is feeling the pressure, not just big Al

So what should the celts do aside from not rushing shots as the article suggested? Start Kelly o?

And where's the Celtic fan of the forum?

And Moz and valor? Still in boycott mode?

From a Bulls fan perspective this series is amusing. Fine they won game 1 by hitting the boards and buckets closing them out. Game 2 the rebounding was equal but they hit their 3's and really won convincingly. The defense has been solid especially when smart is in.

Just enjoying the ride as the wheels can come off at any time. the next 2 are on ESPN ;)

I'm a die hard fan.

I'd like to see us show passion, Celtic pride.

We got beat to all the 50-50 balls in game 2, and offensively we are rushing shots (of course, mostly outside shots). I want us to take it to the rack more and put pressure on that interior D.

I'd like to see that ball movement that made us so successful during the regular season.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:23 am

I meant to say specifically Sauru. Sorry!

The 1st qtr the Boston offense seems fine. They seem to recover from a few bad possessions by hitting a few 3pters. Bradley is bombIMG away

Boston shot just as many 3pters as GSW did this season. DO they have the players to attack the rim?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:41 am

This is why your best players matter. Butler outshines everyone else. Isaiah can be stopped and is disturbed by loss of family member. Horford despite being the max player has flaws that can be taken advantage of by sizable Bulls' frontcourt.

When your bigs are getting pwnded and outrebounded with no easy baskets down below, is obviously a big bad sign of trouble especially in the playoffs where your flaws are constantly attacked. Heat had same issues with Bosh/Battier as their centers. Fat Sullinger is dearly missed I bet.

Being familiar with Brad Stevenson's playbook and system, it probably is helping Rondo in a way or two.

I am liking my original prediction here. Bulls in 5.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:58 am

air gordon wrote:I meant to say specifically Sauru. Sorry!

The 1st qtr the Boston offense seems fine. They seem to recover from a few bad possessions by hitting a few 3pters. Bradley is bombIMG away

Boston shot just as many 3pters as GSW did this season. DO they have the players to attack the rim?

I have seen Crowder and Bradley turn the corner successfully on drives.. now do they do it often? no, but they CAN. I have also seen Terry Rozier get to the hoop fairly easy in certain games, does he do it often? No. Al Horford has shown the ability to put the ball on the floor in the high post, and attack the rim strong, did he do it in game 1? Yes, did he do it in game 2? NO.

Olynyk also has the game where he throws a pump fake, gets the defender up in the air because they have to respect his shot, and has the ability to dribble into the paint. Marcus Smart, while wild at times (most of the time recently), has the ability to turn the corner as well... but hes not.

We are playing SOFT.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 am

Rozier looks good on his drives. Its seems him and smart are there only ones who make efforts to get to the basket other than IT

I just continue to shake my head seeing Niko and Portis being successful defenders. I still see Bradley taking advantage of wade though

Novu-
I think Butler is doing awesome due to the scheme. Their spacing stinks with the 3 alphas in there so Boston should be able to contain Butler. The set where Rondo gets the ball at the elbow and wade-Butler run a screen has gotten them a lot of points.

It's one player on the Bulls frontcourt that's killing Boston on the boards- Lopez. What a series by him so far!
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:47 am

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:07 am

Typical Charlie Brown shit happening to the bulls
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Lamrock on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:13 am

Celtics killing the Bulls in game 3 - Horford with a career high 8 boards. I think the winner of game 4 takes the series.
Lamrock

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:17 am

The lack of (playoff headband) Rondo really hurts the Bulls. He really sets the pace for them. I've watched most of the game and from what I've seen they're playing with barely any effort.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby NovU on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Wade looks old and fat. He just can't shake off the defender. Defenders were busy looking at his back in old days but now they keep up shoulder to shoulder with him all the way to basket.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:33 pm

That missed dunk Wade had earlier in the series was sad
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 am

Hoiberg's substitutions are killing us, why he kept on yanking Lopez is beyond me. Dude was pretty much THE reason why we came back to take a small lead in the 3rd quarter.

Also, why does he keep playing MCW? I think it's pretty obvious he has no chance of guarding Isaiah Thomas by now, Celtics go on big runs whenever MCW is on the floor...
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Jeez...I go away camping for the weekend, and this happens.

Ah well. At least they avoided the sweep.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:34 am

Gerald Green's dunk on the baseline after that missed three made me stand up and yell "HOLY SHIT!"

What a lift he has been... his shot making ability and his energy.

Horford showed up the last couple games, and we are taking smarter shots. Lets end this in 6 C's.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:10 am

Valor wrote:Hoiberg's substitutions are killing us, why he kept on yanking Lopez is beyond me. Dude was pretty much THE reason why we came back to take a small lead in the 3rd quarter.

Also, why does he keep playing MCW? I think it's pretty obvious he has no chance of guarding Isaiah Thomas by now, Celtics go on big runs whenever MCW is on the floor...

After 2 nice games looks like we are back to this nightmare reality. How sad Canaan gets dusted off and turns out to be the best of the worst as next pg up

Lopez should played for sure even if Boston played him off the court with their pick n roll game.

Wade stunk again. C'mon maaaaan

Stevens goes with the unlikely small lineup and now Hoiberg has no answer to it

Rondo hurry back
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball