COLLEGE HOOPS 2K17 MOD - 16 TEAM DEMO RELEASED!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: COLLEGE HOOPS 2K17 MOD - DEMO RELEASED!│15 Team DEMO coming soon...

Postby Superbeast on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:56 pm

When is the demo coming out :roll:
Superbeast

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:04 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:Those are all literally only my portraits. If you're gonna use them for this project without permission at least get the credit right please.

He went off the fact that the other dude helped you find images for your portraits. It's pictures dude lol, no need to get so worked up over it.
Rodzilla91

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:25 am

Rodzilla91 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Those are all literally only my portraits. If you're gonna use them for this project without permission at least get the credit right please.

He went off the fact that the other dude helped you find images for your portraits. It's pictures dude lol, no need to get so worked up over it.

I used two of the other guys images. And its not "pictures dude lol", its portraits that I had to work on. The whole process took hours and to just take it and post it on your own mod is wrong. You go ahead and crank out some portraits and put them in 2k and let me know if its "just pictures lol". Clowns like you are the reason modders quit, nobody has any appreciation around here. Too much "what have you done for me lately" mentality.
bluejaybrandon

Postby BallIsLife333 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:08 am

So the mod will be realeased this week if everything is good right? and just wanted to ask can i like remove it anytime i want because i have a lot of mods currently and can i switch between College Hoops and the normal game by just replacing the files?
BallIsLife333

Postby SanchezAmaro on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:38 am

BallIsLife333 wrote:So the mod will be realeased this week if everything is good right? and just wanted to ask can i like remove it anytime i want because i have a lot of mods currently and can i switch between College Hoops and the normal game by just replacing the files?

Just have different folders, each for a mod and then just change the name to "Modded" for the one you want to use
SanchezAmaro

Postby Rodzilla91 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:36 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:

I used two of the other guys images. And its not "pictures dude lol", its portraits that I had to work on. The whole process took hours and to just take it and post it on your own mod is wrong. You go ahead and crank out some portraits and put them in 2k and let me know if its "just pictures lol". Clowns like you are the reason modders quit, nobody has any appreciation around here. Too much "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

It's pictures, bro, and I'm not one of the people that are responsible for modders quitting. In fact I never open my mouth about anything unless it's constructive criticism or thank yous. You're upset about pictures, dude. Portraits are like one of the easiest things to do in terms of graphic modding lol. Doesn't even take half the skill as cyberfaces, or jerseys, or courts. I'm not knocking people that mod portraits, because they're just as useful as what I mentioned.. but the difficulty of making portraits to cyberfaces is like night and day.

Edit: Also, they gave you credit, and your issue wasn't that they used it, it's that they accidentally credited someone who didn't do the work you did. Tell me how hard it is to crop pictures and edit them so they look good in a game. Thanks.

Edit 2: And to piggyback what I said about me not being in the reason for people that quit modding, or quit sharing their work, the people responsible for that are the dudes that SELL 2k's work, or share the files as if they made them, or never gave them criticism on what needed to be criticized.
Rodzilla91

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Rodzilla91 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:

Edit: Also, they gave you credit, and your issue wasn't that they used it, it's that they accidentally credited someone who didn't do the work you did. Tell me how hard it is to crop pictures and edit them so they look good in a game. Thanks.

Then do it yourself...you can't keep saying "lol so easy" and without ever having done them. You talk just a big game but don't actually produce any content. You're ridiculously hypocritical, knocking portraits then saying you're not knocking it. Its so easy and its just cropping pictures so I now I know at least I can stop doing it. And hopefully anyone else that makes them can stop too. Everyone can just make there own portraits because its so easy lol. I think this College Hoops mod shouldn't be allowed to use my portraits, right? Because they're so easy to make they can just quickly knock out their own. In fact, Rodzilla91 why don't YOU make their portraits. Let's back up that strong talk, huh?

Also my issue is that they just snatched it and promoted it prior to even asking permission. Its a take first ask permission later approach. I clicked on the thread and saw my portraits being used without any prior knowledge of it. That's not cool.
bluejaybrandon

Postby 2020parkerk on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:37 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Rodzilla91 wrote:

Then do it yourself...you can't keep saying "lol so easy" and without ever having done them. You talk just a big game but don't actually produce any content. You're ridiculously hypocritical, knocking portraits then saying you're not knocking it. Its so easy and its just cropping pictures so I now I know at least I can stop doing it. And hopefully anyone else that makes them can stop too. Everyone can just make there own portraits because its so easy lol. I think this College Hoops mod shouldn't be allowed to use my portraits, right? Because they're so easy to make they can just quickly knock out their own. In fact, Rodzilla91 why don't YOU make their portraits. Let's back up that strong talk, huh?

Also my issue is that they just snatched it and promoted it prior to even asking permission. Its a take first ask permission later approach. I clicked on the thread and saw my portraits being used without any prior knowledge of it. That's not cool.

Hey man, I just want to let you know I understand that this is a hard task and it also takes a very long time, especially if done for every player of every team. so I do definetly say that even while yes They are pictures by technicality, they are great, and important pictures. And as someone who is excited to play this, I really hope you do not make them take away these portraits because of this argument. Thankyou to the team for all you are doing for our enjoyment and thank you too bluejaybrandon for going out of your way to make these portraits.
2020parkerk

Postby Rodzilla91 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Then do it yourself...you can't keep saying "lol so easy" and without ever having done them. You talk just a big game but don't actually produce any content. You're ridiculously hypocritical, knocking portraits then saying you're not knocking it. Its so easy and its just cropping pictures so I now I know at least I can stop doing it. And hopefully anyone else that makes them can stop too. Everyone can just make there own portraits because its so easy lol. I think this College Hoops mod shouldn't be allowed to use my portraits, right? Because they're so easy to make they can just quickly knock out their own. In fact, Rodzilla91 why don't YOU make their portraits. Let's back up that strong talk, huh?

Once again, it's not hard to do portraits, there's literally a tutorial for it. Anyone could do it as long as they have the required programs, and I CAN do it. I've made faces before, I've made textures, not just for NBA games but for wrestling games. I've done it since I was a little kid. I can say it's easy and not have to back up any of my previous work, cause everyone knows it's easy. They just used your portraits because it's less time spent on a mod. I can't think of a clear reply because it's bizarre that you seem so worked up over the fact they took PORTRAITS. I can understand if you had a bunch of neat and meticulously made cyberfaces, or great jerseys, or courts, and the like.. But we are talking about cropping pictures of a player and then putting it in the game. Forums like this are full of people that should help modders out with their mods and come together. It seems like modders these days want to be put on a pedestal because they took time to make stuff for a video game. You can be pissed off they stole your stuff when the stuff in question didn't take 10 minutes to churn out.

And why would I make their portraits? That has nothing to do with this argument lol, since you weren't exclusively making them portraits. Why should I? I don't follow College Basketball enough to want to support them in terms of areas they need help on. I do however hope they make a great mod.
Rodzilla91

Postby 2020parkerk on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:58 am

So, the problem that you guys were having, have you fixed or should we expect another week? I just want to start a different convo than the arguement. But to the creators of this mod, keep up the work and good job! :D
2020parkerk

Postby SkillzFromThe6 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:28 am

I feel like you gotta ask for permission first before you use someone else's stuff. No matter how little it is (even if it's "just a picture").

Last year, A random guy used my college roster on PS4 and took a photo of a player and posted it on twitter without giving credit. The player seen it and retweeted the photo. Do you know who ended up following this random that tweeted it out? Dick Vitale.

My point is that you just got to give credit where credit is due is what I'm trying to say.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkillzFromThe6
YouTube: https://youtube.com/SkillzFromThe6
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skillzfromthe6yt/

College Roster 2K21
Gamertag: SkillazKill
Content ID: College Roster 2K21
2kcreations.info/rosters
SkillzFromThe6

Postby Rodzilla91 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:34 am

I totally understand and yeah, that must suck, there's just a gap between a huge in depth custom roster and portraits. Didn't mean to be a dick or anything, I just figured it was a bit much to be upset over. Didn't help my cause though cause I was replying so much.
Rodzilla91

Postby BallIsLife333 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:45 am

SanchezAmaro wrote:
BallIsLife333 wrote:So the mod will be realeased this week if everything is good right? and just wanted to ask can i like remove it anytime i want because i have a lot of mods currently and can i switch between College Hoops and the normal game by just replacing the files?

Just have different folders, each for a mod and then just change the name to "Modded" for the one you want to use

My mod file is called waigua or something from the mod tool so i can just have two folders that i can switch the names and it will work?

EDIT: OK nvm i figured it out
BallIsLife333

Postby SanchezAmaro on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:44 am

BallIsLife333 wrote:
SanchezAmaro wrote:

My mod file is called waigua or something from the mod tool so i can just have two folders that i can switch the names and it will work?

EDIT: OK nvm i figured it out

Yes, either call it Moded or waigua. The one with that name, is the one the game will load. For instance now I havr Han roster so that folder is my Modded. When the classic mod will be released, or this one, i will call the new folder modded and the previous modded han. If I wanna switch back, change names again
SanchezAmaro

Postby 2020parkerk on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:08 am

Alright, this mod is all I can ever think about now, I check this forum every 10 mins to see if it's been released, so great job captivahing me (Y) . But also, when should us very very excited fans of your work expect to see this released. I'm sorry to bug you with the question but I feel like I'm gonna explode from excitement! :mrgreen:
2020parkerk

Postby dalejrfan88 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:12 am

2020parkerk wrote:Alright, this mod is all I can ever think about now, I check this forum every 10 mins to see if it's been released, so great job captivahing me (Y) . But also, when should us very very excited fans of your work expect to see this released. I'm sorry to bug you with the question but I feel like I'm gonna explode from excitement! :mrgreen:
Same lol
dalejrfan88

Postby Manni Live on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:12 am

Sorry for the lack of information in the last couple of days... Were nearing a release very soon people.
Here's a little preview

ImageNBA2K17 2017-04-03 13-56-17-83 by ebook22, on Flickr

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby 2020parkerk on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:57 am

Manni Live wrote:Sorry for the lack of information in the last couple of days... Were nearing a release very soon people.
Here's a little preview

[ Image ]NBA2K17 2017-04-03 13-56-17-83 by ebook22, on Flickr

Thanks for the preview!
2020parkerk

Postby Shuajota on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:50 pm

New cyberface update for Lonzo Ball:
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby rickberge on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Wow this looks amazing! Giving me a reason to play 2k again. Great work on the cyberface rookies!
rickberge

Postby 2020parkerk on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:09 am

Is there going to be a cyber face for Alonzo Trier on Arizona
2020parkerk

Postby cardo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:36 am

Nice...
cardo

Postby Rodzilla91 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:45 am

That's a really good Lonzo cyberface, but I would remove some of the facial hair and/or make the hair taller,
Rodzilla91

Postby Manni Live on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:51 am

2020parkerk, As of now we do not have a cf for him

Here's a little gameplay preview of the mod
phpBB [video]

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby 2020parkerk on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Manni Live wrote:2020parkerk, As of now we do not have a cf for him

Here's a little gameplay preview of the mod
phpBB [video]

Hey, great video, but when are we going to get to play the game, because I am even more hyped now!
2020parkerk

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding