Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:25 pm

Watching the Rockets/Pelicans game today, I'd have to say that I'd be in favour of the Bulls pursuing Jrue Holiday this offseason. Definitely an upgrade on Rondo, if only for his three-point shooting.

Blake Griffin might be looking to leave the Clippers as well; if so, might as well make a pitch. Probably less realistic than snagging someone like Holiday, but if that does come to pass, they should at least throw their hat into the ring.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Valor on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:17 pm

Andrew wrote:Blake Griffin might be looking to leave the Clippers as well; if so, might as well make a pitch. Probably less realistic than snagging someone like Holiday, but if that does come to pass, they should at least throw their hat into the ring.

We'll prob have to overpay for him, and given that he's a guy who can get pushed over by someone 13 inches shorter and 75+ lbs lighter than him....I'd rather not. :lol:

Re Krause: Certainly no love towards the end for him due to what he did, but yeah the guy did a great job for us. Sad to see him go despite everything that has happened. RIP
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:33 pm

I'll take the other skills he brings to the table, though. What even qualifies as overpaid, these days?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:41 am

It almost seemed like he was outsmarting himself at times... Trying to live up to his sleuth nickname

But hey it was a great run he had there. Lots of misses but the hits were bigtime
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:39 am

If MJ, Pip, and Jax can put aside their ill-feelings and acknowledge him in the wake of his passing, then I figure we've got to let some of the bitterness go, too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Valor on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Andrew wrote:If MJ, Pip, and Jax can put aside their ill-feelings and acknowledge him in the wake of his passing, then I figure we've got to let some of the bitterness go, too.

Definitely, we did have some great times with him at the helm (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:58 am

Sure, beat the Bucks in Milwaukee after losing to the 76ers. That makes sense.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:40 am

Andrew wrote:Watching the Rockets/Pelicans game today, I'd have to say that I'd be in favour of the Bulls pursuing Jrue Holiday this offseason. Definitely an upgrade on Rondo, if only for his three-point shooting.

Blake Griffin might be looking to leave the Clippers as well; if so, might as well make a pitch. Probably less realistic than snagging someone like Holiday, but if that does come to pass, they should at least throw their hat into the ring.

all in for jrue. will get a lot of comp from the pels though

im not so much in favor of getting Griffin. i just don't like his injury history and uneven post game.

someone i would like to get, albeit he is going through some injury issues, is Derrick Favors. i don't think he is in the jazz future since they will have to pony up on hayward and george hill. he's still just 25, can defend, score in the post. he's not a FA but i think he can be had at a discounted price
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 am

Griffin has his issues, but also some nice skills. I think he can work out fine as long as he's not in the role of making things happen and taking over games in crunch time. Chris Paul is obviously that guy with the Clippers, and Butler is that guy in Chicago. I think he at least deserves some consideration if he's available this offseason.

Favors has been relatively healthy for most of his career, so this could indeed just be a "blip". It's a rare player that doesn't have at least one season derailed or at least significantly affected by injury. He's pretty solid and would probably come a lot cheaper than Griffin, so he's definitely an intriguing prospect.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:13 am

Griffin is someone to consider. His passing skills are a big plus. Not sure what an overpay is in the new cba but I've heard rumblings that it may take a 5yr contract to lure him away from LAC. I wouldn't be on board for that

Maybe if the bulls are all in for the next 2yrs and able to get another stud, I'd be open to it. The chances of landing that is another issue altogether
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:23 am

Griffin is good. Nice passing skills. Main concern is it will take a long term contract to lure him away from LAC. He still doesn't have a stable post game and a jumper that comes and goes.

So once the athleticism fades how effective can he be ?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Valor on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:40 pm

air gordon wrote: Main concern is it will take a long term contract to lure him away from LAC.

Prob will take the max, which imo would be overpaying by a lot.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:19 am

I wouldn't want to either

There's a nice list out there of unrestricted fa's I am too lazy to share

My assumption is Wade stays and tries to recruit/ rondo released. Don't know what he has up his sleeve but I am fine with someone with the skills of patty mills or George hill at pg. resign Niko at $10 mil per

Not trying to plug their site but did espn did release a list ranking the front offices and coaches. Any guesses where Chicago was? Lol
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:59 am

I'm biased when it comes to Patty Mills, but sure, bring him on board. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:31 am

So, looked up ESPN's article. Bulls' management is ranked 27th overall. Hard to disagree, and no surprises with that bottom five.

Also, Front Office Exec: Jimmy Butler Is ‘As Good As Gone’

Paul George and Jimmy Butler were involved in trade rumors at the deadline, and all indications are that those conversations will resume this offseason. One front-office source told me recently that Butler is “as good as gone,” while George sounds like a player who wants out.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:50 pm

And a win over the Cavs, because once again, why not.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:16 am

Its a fair ranking. Even with a crap front office and bad coach they are 1 game out of the playoffs and wades out lol

Another March of Niko going bonkers. He certainly does bring balance to the lineup. Imagine that. 70 games in Hoiberg finds his starting lineup

He is restricted fa. Do you match if he offered a 3yr/~12 mil per contract??
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:01 am

It's not a bad price by today's standards, I suppose. if they strike out with other free agent options at forward, I could possibly get on board with it. The obvious concern here is that this is all he's got, that he's only good for one solid run once a season and the rest of the time, his performance will leave much to be desired. As I've said before, I feel kind of burned by him given the way people gushed about him before he got to the league, so it's difficult to be completely sold on keeping him around.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:56 am

And just like that, they're in seventh place with the tiebreaker. It's weird, because I feel I should be happy that they're showing signs of life and making a spirited run, and in a way I am, but any kind of success allows GarPax to smugly nod their heads and say "We know what we're doing", which ultimately mires the team in mediocrity.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Valor on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Andrew wrote:And just like that, they're in seventh place with the tiebreaker. It's weird, because I feel I should be happy that they're showing signs of life and making a spirited run, and in a way I am, but any kind of success allows GarPax to smugly nod their heads and say "We know what we're doing", which ultimately mires the team in mediocrity.

Pretty much how I feel. It might hurt the team in the long term if we keep squeaking in, definitely mixed feelings about it. :|
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:48 pm

Pax admitted on an interview last week they will decide which lane they will pick this offseason. that perhaps was first time Pax was honest about this half ass team build.

ive actually caught the last 2 games. there is some irony here to see the post wade injury lineup is working and may be the most balanced. Rondo moves the ball around, Niko stays involved, then Butler takes over in the 4th

this little run is a nice FU to management. Niko was in street clothes & Rondo was a reserve before Wade was injured. Rondo and Niko they haven't been able to trade and here they are in the starting lineup keying this run.

leading the shitshow to the playoffs will be somewhat of a veneration for Butler. i get this inkling management will side towards a mini rebuild (which i am against) but any kind of "success" may mask some of the dysfunction and actually help Wade & Butler recruit a marquee FA.

as far as the Niko thing... feel the same way. it just takes one team to think he can be that ryan anderson type and he'll get that big offer
Jump.
air gordon

Postby allnickstaken on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:58 am

Can't believe they want Butler out of the Bulls and even worse that they choose Hoiberg over Jimmy.
Sorry for my english.
allnickstaken

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:46 am

Butler speaks out, Hoiberg does what he's told and doesn't ruffle feathers. That's what it comes down to.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:20 pm

And so, the Playoff push continues. I hope you're right, AG. If it distracts quality free agents from the dysfunction and makes them think they could be the missing piece, it could be worth it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Something to at least hang hopes on

It is amusing watching this all go down. Prized acquisition CP22 relegated to the bench
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball