Dear LiveJournal,

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dear LiveJournal,

Postby NovU on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Shit, I bought a phone off the Internet and it got blacklisted. Damn Surreyans. :oops:

Anyone have idea how to unblacklist Samsung S6 Edge?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:03 pm

How did your phone became blacklisted?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby mp3 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:29 am

So my life changed quite a bit this weekend.

My little Daughter, born Saturday morning.

She came 10 days early just in time for Christmas, it's funny because me and my wife had planned to get up early Saturday morning to head out to get the Christmas presents sorted but instead we were woken up at 4am by active labour and on our way to the hospital.

If it had of happened just a few hours later when we were in the middle of Chester shopping we would of being right in Destination Fucked as my wife was 9cms dilated on arrival.

So far iam loving being a father and can't imagine life without here now, also I've heard many people complain about the night feeds and being up for hours at night but iam am an nba fan living in England so the games start around midnight which means iam watching plenty of Live games on League Pass lol
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby JaoSming on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:31 am

Congrats man!
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:57 am

Congrats again!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:58 am

Cheers guys !
mp3

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Congrats on the sex.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:26 am

Lol thank man
mp3

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:59 am

Just found this section.

Interesting, It's nice to see many of you talking about life outside of video games. This thread doesn't seem to be that active, but here goes. A little about me.

I live in New Hampshire, about an hour outside of Boston, Mass. I've lived in this area my whole life, and have been a basketball fan (with Celtics as my home team) since late 80's, early 90's. I'm 32 now, but am currently playing in 3 basketball leagues at the moment. I played all throughout high school, and immediately jumped into local leagues after, and have been doing that ever since. However, all year round leagues for that long takes a toll on the body, and I've been fighting right knee and lower back issues. I can't stop playing, because that's my escape. Nothing better than being in the middle of a game, in the zone, working together with a team towards a common goal.

I had a rough childhood, an abusive one. Myself and my two brothers were lucky to get out, we had to go to the police when I was 16. My brothers and I are really close in age (Nick is 33, Mark is 34), because of everything we went through we are REALLY close. My brothers are everything to me. Every weekend we all get together and sit in front of the TV and play NBA 2K. We have a current setup of two computers in my living room hooked up HDMI to two 50 inch TV's, its a great setup and a lot of fun. NBA 2K (NBA Basketball video games in general) is a huge escape for us, so many memories created through it (Huge games by guys like Walter McCarty and Dan Dickau in past live games, Etan Thomas dunking so hard in NBA 2K11 that the game never turned back on, it literally broke the game). The NBA is about 95% what my brothers and I talk about and experience, its a major bonding thing for us. So if you guys see me griping about poor gameplay, and see me getting passionate about it, you know why... it's because playing these games is a huge bonding experience with my two brothers.

Not one of us have spoken with our parents in over 10 years, and that will never change. Just because someone is related in blood, does not mean they get a free pass or special forgiveness, they do not. There is no turning back on what happened to us as children, we will never get our childhood back, our parents are scum and have never changed.

I never went to college, I was so lost growing up with all the stress that a childhood like that has, that I never made it a priority. However, I have a good job, and am a hard worker. I worked my way up in life via experience as opposed to a degree, and I am certainly proud of that. My work ethic will not change.

I look at life differently than most people around me, I think CNN/Fox News/MSNBC etc (Mainstream Media) is a joke. It's all force feeding idea's into people heads, its lies, it intentionally causes a divide. The fact that people fall into the trap and think this is "News", and actually form beliefs off of it, is very concerning. Outside of my basketball time, I spend a good amount of time doing independent research on the world we live in. I consider the "News" to be completely toxic, and it creates warped minds and hate.

I currently am in and out of a relationship that's been going on for about 5 years, this girl is the greatest, but for some reason I can't fully commit to it long term. I need to get my head out of my ass and do the right thing.

This is me shooting around YEARS ago with my best friend Craig. I'm a scorer in mens leagues, and alternate between PG and SG. I'm 6'2", so I am a good height for it.

phpBB [video]

Personally, I love REAL people. People who look at things realistically. People who are genuine. I know everybody says that, but I make sure that those are the ONLY people I surround myself with.

In regards to the future, I plan on continuing to play basketball in leagues for as long as I can, I plan on getting my health in tip top shape. Diet is a problem, as we as a society are quite addicted to processed foods, mostly because they are the most accessible. My plan is to get off the processed foods, get back in the gym, and get to optimum health.

I hope this post didn't bore anybody, this is a cool thread.

Cheers.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:38 am

iamSamke wrote:As I said, I love this thread and I hope it becomes alive again. Interesting story Dee. I always found you as a great guy on forum, always ready to help to everyone and contribute to community, so this post was actually really interesting to me. Sad to hear you're not in touch with your parents, because mine parents are huge support for me. I found really entertaining to hear anything about someones life. Not really sure what to say, since English is not my native language, all of my posts are short. I'm still just a 16 and a half year old kid. :)

Don't be sad for me in that regard, this is my choice. However, I am really glad that your parents are so good to you in your life, that's the way it should be. Make sure to take in every moment that you have with them, and enjoy it.

I like being helpful on here, because I have a lot of NBA Video Game experience, and consider myself knowledgeable about the game. I mean, basketball has been an obsession of mine for over 25 years.

I like this community as a whole. Glad to share some stuff about myself.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 am

Sorry to hear about those rough times growing up, Dee. It's good to know that you and your brothers had each other though, and that you've come through it as well as anyone can. More power. (Y)

iamSamke, I'm afraid to say there'll be no unbanning.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:57 pm

iamSamke wrote:
PS Is Kevin still around?

I guess school happened to him. He's even inactive in the fantasy league.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:08 am

To be honest, I'd say you're in the minority there. It had gotten to the point where regulars were expressing frustration and annoyance rather than amusement at his spamming and topic derailment, and he'd been given ample warnings and chances. His tantrums and Wiki vandalism after being banned further demonstrate that showing him the door was for the best. OS had to do the same thing.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:35 pm

In many cases that would be fine and welcome, but unfortunately it got to the point where it was too much spam, too many derailed threads. No one was amused (or at least the majority wasn't), and he just wasn't taking the hint. It's difficult to draw the line sometimes because we obviously want everyone to feel free to talk about what they want to talk about and express their opinions freely, but there is a point where a user goes from being a colourful personality with a passion for certain subjects to being a bore and a nuisance who's bothering other people and getting in the way of their good time.

I'm told that he's "boycotting" us, which is kind of tough to do when he's been banned first, but so be it. As an admin or moderator, you should always be a gracious and welcoming host, but you also have to know when to show a guest to the door when they're making other people uncomfortable with their behaviour, and spoiling the party. It can be hard to do without looking like the bad guy and a control freak, but you owe it to the people whose experience is being affected by the person causing problems.

Anyway, I know that's a lengthy answer to a quick question, but I'm all for being open about our rules and moderation policy, and action we've taken in situations that aren't as straightforward as "asked for a crack, got banned immediately".
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:59 pm

I am back from the depths of med school!

Finally told my family I dont want to pursue medicine. Told me "na-uh" but realized they cant force shit to me. Anyways, I'm now pursuing IT because, honestly, who doesnt want to play irl basketball AND sit on your computer whole day while also playing virtual basketball. Took the entrance exam to one of the top unis in my hometown - said I was overqualified. Passed it. All my past subjects got credited so I only go to uni every tuesdays and thursdays to study two subjects concerning IT and nothing else.

Just when I thought of ending it all, I did one of the bravest things I've ever done. Life is good, my friends. LIFE IS GOOD.

Now, back to shitposting to this forums.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby mp3 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Nows the time to change your mine Kevin, better to do it now then to figure it out when your 30 or something. Goodluck on your new adventure!
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Good to hear, Kevin. You've got to do what you're passionate about, and what plays to your strengths.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:40 pm

mp3 wrote:Nows the time to change your mine Kevin, better to do it now then to figure it out when your 30 or something. Goodluck on your new adventure!

This. I was actually asked by one of our psychology professors what we'd think we'll feel like 10 to 15 years from now and if we would be proud of what we'd accomplished. That was the turning point of my decision. Why spend a decade studying something I don't love and then ending up with a miserable life after, you know.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby NovU on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 pm

to give up the med school is insane my friend. I work in IT industry and it's never ending hell show. I suggest you go meet IT ppl in your local area, it's easy to do so through various meet up sites and picture where you end up in 10 to 15 years.

also one of my friends who studied med makes $400k annually while once called genius comp programmer struggles to make $100k a year.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Kevin, try to get an IT job at a hospital or doctors office. :P
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:03 am

NovU wrote:genius comp programmer struggles to make $100k a year.

It is even harder where I'm from. Especially when IT people is being stereotype into "guys who only reformat computers"
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby mp3 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 am

He's going from having someone's life in his hands to having someone's pc in his hands, sure there's a difference there.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:09 am

mp3 wrote:He's going from having someone's life in his hands to having someone's pc in his hands, sure there's a difference there.

Exactly.

There's a lot more to any job than money, which you're not going to make the most of when you first enter any vocation anyway. Your passion for the job is going to have to see you through to the point where you really start earning the big bucks, and even when that starts rolling in, you'll need it to see you through the rough times. Medicine's a tough and demanding profession; I know I wouldn't want to deal with the things doctors and nurses have to on the regular, so I applaud them for their dedication.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Money will never be an issue in my family, honestly. Me and my family in the future might even choose not to work if they want to and we'd still live a happy life. The only reason they want me and a lot more of my cousins to be doctors and engineers is because they want something to brag about in their circle of friends. That's literally it.

No worries on the employment part of it too since we manage many businesses and firms so I can probably get a job from any of them.

PS: What I might've wrote can be taken very offensive or "braggy" but I swear I'm just clearing up that money isn't what we need but contentment and happiness.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby formx on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:20 pm

As long as you've chosen to pursue something you love to do, it doesn't really matter what others think. If you're happy, that's what matters.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic