Best Feature/Improvement in NBA 2K17?

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Best Feature/Improvement in NBA 2K17?

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Since positive feedback is also important, and I'm also interested to know what others like best about NBA 2K17...what do you think was the best improvement or feature in NBA 2K17?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Best Feature/Improvement in NBA 2K17?

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:08 am

I like the improvements to several of the classic players cyberfaces. Iverson/Russell/Robinson all received great updates.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:08 am

Kenny Smith
I Hate Mondays

Postby StyxTx on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:32 am

That's trouble if cyberfaces is the best anyone can come up with.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:27 am

The selection of deep and robust modes is probably the game's best feature. That's not to say I don't have my criticisms or that there isn't room for improvement, but there's a variety of things to play in NBA NBA 2K17, when you tire of one mode or another.

As far as the best improvement is concerned, I think it's the expansion of MyLEAGUE/MyGM, with expansion teams, starting in the offseason, starting from the current date in the 2017 season, and so on. So again, it comes back to adding new depth to existing modes. Toning down the intrusiveness of the story in MyCAREER would probably be up there as well; maybe a toss of the coin for me on that one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:38 am

Separate mycareer from on-line so we don't have to be penalized when playing off-line with all the updates to try to cut down on on-line cheating.
StyxTx

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:57 pm

I really enjoy the updates to MyLeague but the ability to make quick edits to rosters and draft classes has helped immensely.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby deodorantthief1 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:20 pm

I'll participate in this. Beyond my beef regarding the continuation of the unrealistic stats (I took a few years off starting with NBA2K15 because I couldn't run it on my computer without the shorts looking really unnatural and just weird), here are some few positive features. I'll continue to add more:

- The presentation. I skipped 2k15-16, but the arena stuff, introductions, incorporation of Kenny Smith, etc.
- On court movements are really realistic. I need to try the patches to see what it would improve.
- MyGm/League ... I'm new to this but it managed to re-create that "on-the-edge" feeling of wanting to get the draft that you want. I couldn't re-create previous scenarios when I created multiple players and tried to draft them. It was impossible so I just made one and concentrated on that with my draft class. Makes it more meaningful.
- Having fun with the post-game too.
- I don't really play MyCareer mode (I went to see who was featured this year and saw Kobe Bryant and Michael B. Jordan) and then I went back to what I play it for the former Association Mode (MyLeague), but I might try it this year.
- Seems like there's more small talk in general.
- Also, during MyLeague, season stats seems to be considered in player progression rate. Not just the age.
Last edited by deodorantthief1 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deodorantthief1

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:38 pm

Aside from the introduction and being someone you can connect with on off days, Kobe isn't really featured in MyCAREER. He doesn't factor into the story at all, unless I've missed a cutscene somewhere along the line. Of course, if you're not a fan of Michael B. Jordan's acting, then that's definitely going to be a bigger issue for you when it comes to MyCAREER.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deodorantthief1 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:28 pm

Andrew wrote:Aside from the introduction and being someone you can connect with on off days, Kobe isn't really featured in MyCAREER. He doesn't factor into the story at all, unless I've missed a cutscene somewhere along the line. Of course, if you're not a fan of Michael B. Jordan's acting, then that's definitely going to be a bigger issue for you when it comes to MyCAREER.

Yeah, only really seen Michael B. Jordan as the Human Torch in the newest Fantastic Four. With a better story and better coordinated fight scenes, I think it would have been better. Interested in watching Creed and Fruitvale Station eventually though. Anyway, back to 2K ... yeah, I made the player just to see where the menu would go and the cutscene of them in the gym played. That's pretty much all I saw of MyCareer.
deodorantthief1

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:25 pm

That scene is basically just an out of character intro, without any relevance to the actual plot. The plot isn't nearly as intrusive as it has been in previous years, so that's something I've enjoyed. I'd prefer to tell the entire story myself through gameplay, but what they did this time around is much better than Spike Lee's "Livin' Da Dream".
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:18 pm

Andrew wrote:Aside from the introduction and being someone you can connect with on off days, Kobe isn't really featured in MyCAREER. He doesn't factor into the story at all, unless I've missed a cutscene somewhere along the line. Of course, if you're not a fan of Michael B. Jordan's acting, then that's definitely going to be a bigger issue for you when it comes to MyCAREER.

Speaking of the career intro, is it intended to be a silent movie? I don't hear Kobe or the other dude talking.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 pm

There's definitely supposed to be audio.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:13 am

Andrew wrote:There's definitely supposed to be audio.

Ok. I haven't heard any audio since day 1, on PS4 or PC. The audio in everything else in the game works fine. Same thing last year with the intro segment. Never heard anything Lee was saying. Maybe cuz I turned the soundtrack off?
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:33 am

Sounds like that might be the cause. You wouldn't think it would make a difference, but if that's what you've done the last couple of years and you don't get any audio during those intro videos, perhaps it is considered part of the soundtrack. Strange.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deodorantthief1 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:10 am

I don't know if this was in the previous games because I stopped playing after 2k14 (I couldn't run 2k15 on my computer), but the commentator in games is excellent. I don't know if he just comes in there to speak when your team has low chemistry though.
deodorantthief1

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:17 am

Do you mean the halftime and postgame interviews by David Aldridge?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deodorantthief1 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:22 am

Andrew wrote:Do you mean the halftime and postgame interviews by David Aldridge?

Yeah, the player interviews too (they're a nice touch - they're as 'general' as in real life which is perfect), but I was referring to the guest spots during games. I don't think they're from the announcers. I was playing and then some voice just came on. I didn't hear who it was, lol. I'll check again to find out. I don't know if these are new additions or not.

Also, it seems like the trading AI has been improved. The sliders are nice though.
deodorantthief1

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:31 am

Yeah, I'm not actually sure what you're referring to there. I might need a more specific example.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deodorantthief1 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:02 am

Andrew wrote:Yeah, I'm not actually sure what you're referring to there. I might need a more specific example.

My computer acts up when I try to record anything off it, I don't stream, but I'll stream a few games this time and you might catch it. My team has really low chemistry and I've never heard the commentator before: http://www.dailymotion.com/dancingwithtrolls3

Aside from that, it's not important, lol. Still a great game. Love it.
deodorantthief1

Postby deodorantthief1 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:22 pm

My bad, I think it's Steve Smith.
deodorantthief1

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:12 pm

Ah, fair enough. I certainly couldn't recall any celebrities or other guest voices in my time with the game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K17