The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Sauru on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:21 pm

after the shit show of bringing in all these former knicks i am not fully on the side of oakley in all of this. dolan is trying to damn hard to not be guilty of something
Sauru

Postby Jeffx on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:01 am

Sauru wrote:after the shit show of bringing in all these former knicks i am not fully on the side of oakley in all of this. dolan is trying to damn hard to not be guilty of something

It tells you what kind of a lowlife Dolan is.

Thank your lucky stars for Danny Ainge & Brad Stevens.
Jeffx

Postby Murat on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:01 am

It's so fun to watch drama in New York

I really have no idea why I enjoy this. Seems like Gotham City has a basketball team and needs a Batman to get out of trouble
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sauru on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:26 am

Jeffx wrote:
Sauru wrote:after the shit show of bringing in all these former knicks i am not fully on the side of oakley in all of this. dolan is trying to damn hard to not be guilty of something

It tells you what kind of a lowlife Dolan is.

Thank your lucky stars for Danny Ainge & Brad Stevens.

yeah i must admit i am happy with these 2. i am also very happy with Mikhail Prokhorov and Billy King
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:54 am

Interesting take from Mike James, which differs from what a lot of other players have been saying.

Star players have come to Oakley’s defense, but James has a contrasting takeaway. In New Orleans to accept the Bobby Jones Award from the Christian organization Athletes in Action, James told The Post he thinks Oakley needs to grow up in retirement and not act like the “bully’’ he was as a player.

“When people allow who they were to get in the way who they’re trying to be today … it’s about growth,’’ said James, who retired in 2014 after 13 NBA seasons, including a title with the Pistons. “So why not try to figure out a new way — not feel like you’re losing your manhood — that you’re gaining?

“That’s the hardest thing for him,’’ James added. “You lived as a bully your whole life. At some point, even the bully has to realize bullying isn’t really that cool.”

“When you can be the baddest person and yet be the softest person, that’s just about growing up and presenting a different type of person in a different type of way,’’ James added.

It doesn't make Dolan right, of course, but maybe James has a point as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:41 am

So, Jennings has been waived, Noah will miss the rest of the season following surgery, and now the Knicks are considering cutting Rose as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:58 am

The latest from Phil Jackson's mouthpiece, Charley Rosen.

This is so disheartening.....Phil has lost it. If he's so adamant about running the triangle, why bring in two PnR point guards?

And of course the player who gets the most praise is Sasha.

http://www.fanragsports.com/nba/knicks/ ... ne-roster/
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:10 am

Jeez, you're right. That practically makes him out to be an All-Star snub.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:08 pm

Noah must look at his bank account and laugh that he stole Dolan's money courtesy of Phil Jackson. Jackson stole Dolan's money too. He has no clue on putting a roster together. Pat Riley shits on Jackson as an executive.
Jeffx

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:31 am

Should the Knicks start to tank? They have their First Round Pick with them.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:51 am

I don't think they really need to actively tank. They're in enough disarray to lose a lot of games, even if they're trying to win them. To be fair though, I think the same could be said of a lot of teams who are allegedly tanking.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 am

Phil is low key tanking anyways. He's doing his best to rid the team of Melo and Rose this off season.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:38 am

Wont be hard with Rose. Hes on an expiring contract

Good luck with Melo. Phil shouldn't have given him the 15% trade kicker and power to veto a trade
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 am

the knicks should not tank. i dont believe in tanking. i believe teams should always try to win however. i am behind trading away players for future assets knowing your current team is not good enough to win anyway. the knicks fucked up by not trading away anyone not named porzingis
Sauru

Postby Jeffx on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Sauru wrote:the knicks should not tank.

Knick fans disagree. We need a can't-miss player to pair with Porzingis and build around them.

Kudos to KP for expressing his frustrations with the team's "confusion". It's an indictment of Phil Jackson, especially when Phil undermines his coach with his triangle sessions during practice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2996968

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2996082
Jeffx

Postby Sauru on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:29 am

the knicks should have gutted the team before the trade deadline. when i say a team should not tank i mean they should never try to lose. trading away players for younger assets knowing it will cause you to lose more games is fine with me.
Sauru

Postby Jeffx on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Congratulations to the New York Knicks for clinching another losing season, their 13th in the past 16 years and fourth straight under Phil Jackson. Who would have thought he'd be a worse GM than Isiah "Train-Wreck" Thomas?
Jeffx

Postby air gordon on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:14 am

Sauru wrote:the knicks should have gutted the team before the trade deadline. when i say a team should not tank i mean they should never try to lose. trading away players for younger assets knowing it will cause you to lose more games is fine with me.

Easier said than done when your assets are limited

Not every team is stacked like Utah or celts ;)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:14 pm

During the Riley/Van Gundy era, the Knicks had an identity, a culture and consistency. Phil hasn't established that with the constant coaching changes, his insistence on forcing square pegs into round holes (while undermining his coach), questionable personnel moves and his passive/aggressive behavior toward his star player. He was supposed to end the usual Knick drama, but he's kept it going. And eventually, KP will get tired of this s*** - just watch.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:35 am

Jeff Hornacek Says Knicks Will Exclusively Run Triangle Offense Next Season

The problem with the New York Knicks this season has apparently been not enough triangle offense.

When asked Wednesday whether the squad as currently constructed could make the playoffs, head coach Jeff Hornacek explained that it depended on the system.

"Obviously, if we go into it like we did this year—no," Hornacek said, per ESPN.com. "If we turn around and have a different way we start, go right at however we're going to run it next year, if it's full triangle, it's possible. You never know how these things will fit. Maybe a second year is helpful for us."
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Sources: NBA suspends Knicks center Joakim Noah 20 games for violating anti-drug program

The NBA is suspending New York Knicks center Joakim Noah 20 games for violating its anti-drug program, league sources told The Vertical.

The NBA plans to announce the suspension on Saturday, league sources said.

Noah tested positive for an over-the-counter supplement that is prohibited under the outgoing Collective Bargaining Agreement, league sources said.

Noah, 32, is expected to serve 10 games of the suspension to finish out the 2016-17 regular season and 10 games to start the 2017-18 season, league sources said.

Seems like a moment of carelessness or misunderstanding more than anything else, but still, yet something else going wrong for the team.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:53 pm

Was he eating Vaseline? Pretty sure that's what playing for the knicks does to you.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Andrew wrote:Jeff Hornacek Says Knicks Will Exclusively Run Triangle Offense Next Season

The problem with the New York Knicks this season has apparently been not enough triangle offense.

When asked Wednesday whether the squad as currently constructed could make the playoffs, head coach Jeff Hornacek explained that it depended on the system.

"Obviously, if we go into it like we did this year—no," Hornacek said, per ESPN.com. "If we turn around and have a different way we start, go right at however we're going to run it next year, if it's full triangle, it's possible. You never know how these things will fit. Maybe a second year is helpful for us."

Triangle, triangle, triangle.....the problem is D-E-F-E-N-S-E, Phil!! Damn, I'm so tired of this s**t. I actually wish Dolan would step in and fire Phil's ass.
Jeffx

Postby Jackal on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 pm

I read an interesting comment the other day. Basically Phil pushing the triangle is his way of tanking.

Saying he's been as bad as Isiah Thomas is a laugh. The dude messed up with the Noah contract but he's kept the draft picks and at least tried to sign guys who were previous all stars in hopes of competing.

The triangle tank is helping them out with drafting good players. The scary thing with the Knicks if you fire P-Jax and then what? Dolan isn't going to higher anyone "better" than him. It'll be Alan Houston or some shit like that.
Jackal

Postby mp3 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:23 pm

We are no better under Phil than we were with Isiah in terms of wins and handing out bad contracts the only advantage is we have our draft picks.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball