Your Steam Library - What do you have/Recommend?

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Your Steam Library - What do you have/Recommend?

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:28 am

Hi all,

Not sure how much traction this thread will gain. But I wanted to put it out there anyway.

I am a huge NBA gamer (Since the early 90's), but I do like to dabble in other games. My Steam Library consists of these games:

Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Borderlands - Pre Sequel
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 14 (Realm Reborn)
Tennis Elbow
Castlevania - Lord of Shadows
Castlevania - Lord of Shadows 2
Dragons Dogma
The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt
Virtua Tennis
NBA 2k11
NBA 2k13
NBA 2k14
NBA 2k15
NBA 2k16
NBA 2k17
Madden 08
Devil May Cry 4
TERA
Elder Scrolls Online
Tomb Raider
Ms. Splosian Man

Alien Rage (Demo)
Inside (Demo)
Tales of Bersaria (Demo)

My favorite basketball games out of the ones installed are NBA 2K13 and NBA 2K14. For FPS, I love the first 2 Borderlands, mainly because I can play the entire games with my brother. In regards to 3rd person, I really like the gameplay of Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2, The Witcher, and Devil May Cry. RPG wise, I am really partial to the turn based combat in Final Fantasy 7 and 8, and I actually really liked Dragon Quest 8 for the same reason.

Part of me posting this is to see what you guys like for games outside of Sports games. For example, what do you guys like for two player coop full campaign games? What do you like for RPGs? (Turn based or other), What do you like for action/adventure games? My brother and I would love a RPG that we can play all the way through together, and I know that the Japanese version of Dragons Dogma has that ability, but no mod has been created for the US as of yet. We also like the idea of a FPS that gives us the ability to play a full campaign together. NOTE: Our setup is two computers in the same room, hooked up to two 50 inch tvs, both plugged in for internet. So we can do any Multiplayer online games, or local co-op. We use XBOX One wireless controllers, or if needs wired XBOX 360 controllers. So, the game needs to have controller support. All the games I listed above have controller support.

On my radar right now in general, is the game soon to come out called Legrand Legacy, Alien Rage, Alien Isolation, and Dark Souls 3.

Thanks!
Last edited by Dee4Three on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Your Steam Library - What do you have/Recommend?

Postby diamenz on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:09 am

bl2 was so much fun playing with a buddy of mine. oh man the thrill of opening those l00t crates. played ff7 decades ago and have fond memories of it. i played the elder scrolls for a bit, but got bored of it - too repetitive, too grindish without much to keep you into it. i suppose i should finish the main quest line though. my brother loves the castlevania series.

some games i would recommend myself are:

- dark souls and dark souls 3. if you like rpg's, you need to play these. they're not grind fests or leveling-fests - it's constant combat and i should mention that the combat is ON POINT. they're hard games - especially to newcomers and you're going to die a lot. if you like games that require extreme coordination, focus as well as a game that rewards you for it, look no further. cant recommend this game enough. there's also nothing mainstream about this game. it doesn't hold your hand, there no type of vc and there's not much of a story to it. you put the pieces of lore together as u go along and figure it out for yourself.

- rocket league. an easy to learn, very hard to master physics-based soccer game with cars (sounds silly, huh). i can imagine you and your brother would have great fun playing this, either co-op or 1v1. again, this game is on-point unlike nba2k. physics are fine-tuned, the game is constantly updated and it's a very team-oriented cerebral game. you also need great skills on the sticks as well. just wait until you start aerials. it's a great replacement for nba2k imo and could be very much classified as a sports game.

- civilization 6. i haven't been able to dive into this game as much as i'd like, but it's good to chill out to. it suffers from ai issues (it's a 2k game - go figure), but still fun. time consuming.

i don't play a large amount of games, but these here have been good to me.
diamenz

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:52 am

Thanks to assorted sales and giveaways, I have a fairly extensive library that I haven't played enough of. In some cases, I just picked up games for a few bucks because I heard they were fun, and decided to check them out for the price of a beer. It's probably easier if I just post a link.

Aside from the basketball games, recommendations would include:

Rocket League
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Fallout: New Vegas
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Tomb Raider
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Sid Meier's Pirates
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:31 am

Diamenz, I am probably going to get Dark Souls 3 this month. I did enjoy the 1st and 2nd ones, I like the challenge.

Andrew, I never really liked the GTA games, but honestly, a few of the Tomb Raiders are not bad. My brother has been talking about how good the Fallout games are, I may be giving those a shot.

Im looking forward to Legrand Legacy, but it doesn't come out until September, and Im pumped for Borderlands 3 when it finally comes out.

Any new RPG's you on your radar? Or two player COOP?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:58 am

I actually never played the Tomb Raider series back in the day, but they once had the whole series on Green Man Gaming on sale for $20, so I had to pick it up at that price and give it a look. The early games haven't really aged that well in terms of their controls, but that gets better as you progress through the series. The most recent two, the rebooted series, are definitely fun.

If you're not into GTA, I probably wouldn't recommend Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row 2, The Third, and IV, either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:27 am

Andrew wrote:I actually never played the Tomb Raider series back in the day, but they once had the whole series on Green Man Gaming on sale for $20, so I had to pick it up at that price and give it a look. The early games haven't really aged that well in terms of their controls, but that gets better as you progress through the series. The most recent two, the rebooted series, are definitely fun.

If you're not into GTA, I probably wouldn't recommend Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row 2, The Third, and IV, either.

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Civilization 6- Was really fun at first, a complete game that still felt like there was something missing after a couple of play throughs
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 & 4- a cool 16-bit style RPG game just like they used to make em back in the day. I don't particularly like RPGs because I didn't grow up playing them but these 2 were great and addicting.
Oh Sir! The Insult Simulator- Amazing value at $2 or however much it costs. Saw it on Youtube and thought it was a pretty funny and challenging game.
Hitman: Blood Money- The best game of the Hitman franchise. I got it for free and haven't technically played it on Steam but played it and replayed it a ton on PS2

I would also recommend Rocket League which I have on PS4 but not Steam.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:44 am

Get Sleeping Dogs, but do not get the Definitive Edition as it seems to look worse than the GOTY edition. I got mine as it went on sale last December. I highly recommend Sleeping Dogs, the Batman Arkham games, and The Witcher games.

I have:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY*
Batman: Arkham City GOTY*
Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate*
Batman: Arkham Knight
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Lego Batman: The Videogame**
NBA 2K15
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Tomb Raider
WWE 2K16
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

* They got added to my library for free when Arkham Knight was reinstated to the Steam Store after their whole PC version controversy, I got them from Games for Windows Live previously.

** I got this from a code that came with the The Dark Knight Rises Tumbler Chase Lego set.

I ALMOST purchased WWE 2K17 two weeks ago.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:49 am

Q, Civilization 6 is not my type of game, but I see a lot of people like it.

Lean, I have The Witcher 3, what a great game. How did you like the first 2?

I almost bought Batman Arkham Knight last weekend....

Have been strongly considering Deus Ex...

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:15 am

I haven't touched 3 yet, and I was able to finish 2. I was not able to finish the first game as I had to re-format that time. I plan to re-play the first two before getting to Witcher 3. I also bought both DLCs for Witcher 3.

Arkham Knight was good but not as great as Arkham City in my opinion. But it's the best-looking among all three Batman games.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:33 am

I actually downloaded Guild Wars 2 (And it's free), and I have to admit.. it's not bad. I was skeptical.

One thing I don't like is the way the map works, not exactly user friendly. I ended up buying XPadder for $10, so I use an XBOX One wireless controller with it, and it works fantastic. Pretty amazing that we can use XBOX One controllers (And PS3 and XBOX 360) with PC games that don't have controller options in the settings.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 am

Andrew wrote:Thanks to assorted sales and giveaways, I have a fairly extensive library that I haven't played enough of. In some cases, I just picked up games for a few bucks because I heard they were fun, and decided to check them out for the price of a beer. It's probably easier if I just post a link.

Your page actually loads within a second.

Mine is more likely to crash your tab.
benji

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:28 am

I suppose it is fairly modest in the grand scheme of things. It probably seems like a lot to me, as there a lot of unfinished/barely played games on the list.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:52 am

Lean, you won't be disappointed in Witcher 3, the graphics are insane, and the most important thing (Gameplay) is top notch. The story will keep you entertained, its great. I like that they didn't overwhelm the game with the story though, its the perfect balance between story and gameplay.

One thing I love about older RPGS is the story aspect of them, the characters are more interesting than todays RPGS for the most part (Other than the Witcher). For example, Final Fantasy 15... the characters in FF15 are dull to me, very dull. They don't compare to the FF7 and FF8 games.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:21 am

Spoiler alert. Geez
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:59 am

[Q] wrote:Spoiler alert. Geez

Removed it. Lol

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:40 pm

i have to agree the witcher 3 is amazing. was not a big fan of the heart of stone expansion though as it felt like i would play for 5 minutes followed by 10 minutes of cut scenes. i did enjoy blood and wine though. at the very least the base witcher 3 game is something anyone should have in their library since it goes on sale so often
Sauru

Postby Lean on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:57 pm

I ran Witcher 3 once to test if my rig can run it (luckily it can) and oh boy how I regret starting the trilogy over. :lol:

If you're into old RPGs with great stories, try Jade Empire and both Knights of the Old Republic games.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:56 pm

Lean wrote:I ran Witcher 3 once to test if my rig can run it (luckily it can) and oh boy how I regret starting the trilogy over. :lol:

If you're into old RPGs with great stories, try Jade Empire and both Knights of the Old Republic games.

Will do. Thanks!!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:39 am

Dee4Three wrote:
[Q] wrote:Spoiler alert. Geez

Removed it. Lol

haha just messing with you. i have no intention of playing the game
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby letsPlay on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:23 pm

You should get http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/ I have played this game for almost 2k hours and still can't stop
letsPlay

Return to Off-Topic