【1ST Roster Mod IN 2K17】DestRoster For 2K17

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 【1ST Roster Mod IN 2K17】DestRoster For 2K17

Postby kb24gold on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:43 am

hedop wrote:Honestly I'm not trying to be a prick but this and Han's Roster are probably some of the shitties rosters the world has ever seen. He has Bayern Munich and Ratiopharm Ulm and Malaga in there and the 08 Magic and the Jail Blazers Team and what not and wastes team spaces on an all Rookie Team for World and the US. Nobody needs that kind of garbage. Of course on the other hand there is no Rick Barry, no Bob Cousy, no Bill Walton in his prime, no Hondo in his prime, no Sonic Roster that won the league... I mean for real? You have a bunch of scrubs and losers in there but leave out the greatest teams and players the game has ever seen? Almost as shitty as Han who has like 10 versions of each Chinese player ever to play like a minute in the NBA. Christ this is some garbage.

Thank the lord of guys like Dee who know their shit and who care about basketball.

Wow man I understand that you don't like it but to say such things just simply don't use their rosters then. They put effort to share with the community at least try to be humble about it.
kb24gold

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:52 pm

My take on this is: Everybody has their own tastes... Some people want to use an updated current roster (In fact, I would say the majority do, because that is the crowd the game targets anyway, that age bracket). the kids playing these games, and I am including ages 21 and under, really don't have a high interest in CLASSIC teams, with the exception of a few (PeacemanNot being one). They may think its "Cool" to use Jordan, or another classic player, but they don't care about it like some of us do in regards to details like completed teams, and just overall completed classic rosters. This roster absolutely serves a purpose, that's why so many people use it. I agree for the most part with the statement by Bluejaybrandon, the guy who is putting this roster out there isn't advertising this roster as a historical roster, he's advertising it as a current roster that keeps updating, so that's the way it should be looked at.

My rosters like the already released Ultimate Fantasy Draft Roster and the Ultimate All Time Teams roster have a completely different purpose. One (Draft Roster), allows you to use all the best players of all time (including the hidden MyTeam players) in a fantasy draft for MyLeague purposes, Two (All Time Teams Roster), allows you to play with the best players of all time for each NBA Franchise in MyLeague or Play Now. Hans Roster is a strictly play now roster (For the classic teams), and a Myleague roster for the current teams.

It's not a pissing contest, we all have our preferences, the roster modders are doing the best we can to make things accurate for the enjoyment of you guys. Me personally, I've never taken a donation, I've never been paid a cent to do any modding, and I havnt asked nor will I. I feel like we do these things to help eachother and get the most out of each of the games releases.

We are lucky to have the PC version for the shear fact that we can use the MyTeam players and other hidden players OUTSIDE of MyTeam. YEARS ago, I never would have dreamed it was possible to make rosters like these, and make them accurate.

Lets all just keep working together.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby CT4 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:41 pm

^PREACH
Celtics and Kristaps Porzingis fan from Latvia.
Not much else to know really.
CT4

Postby hedop on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:21 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
hedop wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
hedop wrote:Honestly I'm not trying to be a prick but this and Han's Roster are probably some of the shitties rosters the world has ever seen. He has Bayern Munich and Ratiopharm Ulm and Malaga in there and the 08 Magic and the Jail Blazers Team and what not and wastes team spaces on an all Rookie Team for World and the US. Nobody needs that kind of garbage. Of course on the other hand there is no Rick Barry, no Bob Cousy, no Bill Walton in his prime, no Hondo in his prime, no Sonic Roster that won the league... I mean for real? You have a bunch of scrubs and losers in there but leave out the greatest teams and players the game has ever seen? Almost as shitty as Han who has like 10 versions of each Chinese player ever to play like a minute in the NBA. Christ this is some garbage.

Thank the lord of guys like Dee who know their shit and who care about basketball.

lol god forbid somebody want to play the Rookie US v. World Showcase during all-star weekend...Just because that isn't YOUR idea of a necessary team doesn't mean others don't appreciate having it.

Dude seriously? If you wanna play them put them on the Lakers and Celtics and go for it. It's like 10 mins work. How on earth is that something someone needs more than oh... I dunno having the legends available that they lock behind a paywall in MT? That's what I will never understand... For all I care throw them on a team and call it what you will but it's just lazy editing when the East Greats are 60 years and older much like the West Greats and when half the biggest Legends are actually missing but you have a team with Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer and DWill and Carlos Boozer and Dwight Howard and whichever scrubs he carried to the finals that year. No offense but at least put in teams that actually won something or made a splash somehow. For all the posturing going on with the dude who uploads this stuff this is simply underwhelming.

Nobody is arguing that he has the best historical teams...there are obviously many better alternatives. But for those of us that like the present NBA and creating a realistic representation of the game this roster updates trades, cyberfaces, and portraits of players currently in the league and is pretty darn accurate. If you're trying to use this as a historical roster, you're doing it all wrong. It's not meant for that, that's why there are updates to rosters and attributes weekly to keep up with the current game...

Look that would be totally fine but then why bother with rubbish and scrub teams like the 08 Magic and the DWill Jazz? Makes no sense whatsoever. Either do it properly or don't do it but this is something I simply don't get. Either stick to a current Roster and update Ratings of players every couple of days to reflect their growth or decline over the season or focus on assembling historic teams.
hedop

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:31 am

hedop wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
hedop wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

lol god forbid somebody want to play the Rookie US v. World Showcase during all-star weekend...Just because that isn't YOUR idea of a necessary team doesn't mean others don't appreciate having it.

Dude seriously? If you wanna play them put them on the Lakers and Celtics and go for it. It's like 10 mins work. How on earth is that something someone needs more than oh... I dunno having the legends available that they lock behind a paywall in MT? That's what I will never understand... For all I care throw them on a team and call it what you will but it's just lazy editing when the East Greats are 60 years and older much like the West Greats and when half the biggest Legends are actually missing but you have a team with Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer and DWill and Carlos Boozer and Dwight Howard and whichever scrubs he carried to the finals that year. No offense but at least put in teams that actually won something or made a splash somehow. For all the posturing going on with the dude who uploads this stuff this is simply underwhelming.

Nobody is arguing that he has the best historical teams...there are obviously many better alternatives. But for those of us that like the present NBA and creating a realistic representation of the game this roster updates trades, cyberfaces, and portraits of players currently in the league and is pretty darn accurate. If you're trying to use this as a historical roster, you're doing it all wrong. It's not meant for that, that's why there are updates to rosters and attributes weekly to keep up with the current game...

Look that would be totally fine but then why bother with rubbish and scrub teams like the 08 Magic and the DWill Jazz? Makes no sense whatsoever. Either do it properly or don't do it but this is something I simply don't get. Either stick to a current Roster and update Ratings of players every couple of days to reflect their growth or decline over the season or focus on assembling historic teams.

Probably his favorite teams with his favorite players. He put Carlos Boozer's cyberface into the free agent pool so he probably wanted to use every team he was on. lol if you don't use the roster, I don't see why it matters. There's only 30 teams in the NBA so he updates those and has extra team slots to do what he wants. Also the '08 Magic were in the NBA finals with a ton of NBA talent so you're either trolling or not as educated as you think about the NBA.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Shuajota on Sun May 14, 2017 1:03 am

Hello guys!, how can I delete the years in a team name? I want to create my own roster with NBA and D-League teams for 2017-2018 season.
For example I want to edit ´64-´65 Boston Celtics but if I follow the PeacemanNot´s tutorial, in team rebranding the years doesn´t appear.

Thanks!
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby Wzvd on Mon May 29, 2017 1:43 am

Could someone point me in the direction of a download for the portraits? I've read through the thread but I can't seem to figure it out. I did try downloading one link in the thread but it stalled out at about 37% and I couldn't really understand what was going on as nothing was in English.

Thank you.
Last edited by Wzvd on Mon May 29, 2017 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wzvd

Postby ksmiz on Mon May 29, 2017 3:27 am

Shuajota wrote:Hello guys!, how can I delete the years in a team name? I want to create my own roster with NBA and D-League teams for 2017-2018 season.
For example I want to edit ´64-´65 Boston Celtics but if I follow the PeacemanNot´s tutorial, in team rebranding the years doesn´t appear.

Thanks!

anybody figure this out yet? I can do a lot of things through CE but I still have yet to see where the years are. I've tried to view it in different text encoding like utf etc but still do not see it. Searching for numbers isn't easy either. The years and how they have changed certain teams from nba rules to fiba/olympics and vice versa are what I'd love to figure out
ksmiz

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding