Is anyone else getting statistical glitches like this???

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Is anyone else getting statistical glitches like this???

Postby VCGames on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:39 pm

In Myleague on PC, I am starting to notice strange glitches in stats for certain players.

For Example:

As you can see, it saying that Derrick Rose played 117 games last season. Also, in the 13-14 season where Rose only played ten games and averaged 15 points, the games telling me that he played in 54 games and put up 24 points that season, all within 5 minutes. Other players could be averaging 15 points per game with no minutes at all.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
VCGames

Re: Is anyone else getting statistical glitches like this???

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:33 am

Very weird. Are you using any mods at all?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby VCGames on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:15 pm

See I thought it maybe was Limnomo's mod tool, which i have used sometimes. But I have other Myleague saves where I used this tool way more to test different scenarios (like how far a bad team would go with one 99 overall player, for example.) in those Saves, I've never gotten statistical errors. BTW the save with the statistical errors was a "start today" Myleague, do you think that could be the issue?
VCGames

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:30 pm

If there's a bug, that certainly might narrow it down. I've just set up a Start Today game myself, so I'll have to check my save.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby VCGames on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Luckily I'm only a year into Myleague, so I'm going to try to recreate everything that has happened so far as close as I can on a different save and see what happens
VCGames

Postby StyxTx on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:52 pm

It happened in last year's version and was reported. Apparently they didn't bother to fix it......no surprise.
StyxTx

Postby VCGames on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:38 pm

I never encountered this issue in last year's game. As a matter of fact, the last game I remember having this problem was a sports game on the PSP (I think it was Madden). For a guy who regularly checks stats to see how players are performing, I am highly disappointed.
VCGames

Postby VCGames on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Update: I think it has something to do with my Draft Class. I just made another Myleague where I let the game choose the draft class for three years and nothing was wrong with the stats. As soon as I loaded in my draft class, the stats began to mess up. Keep in mind that this was before that draft class even entered the league as rookies.
VCGames

Postby StyxTx on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:19 am

I never used draft classes in the last version but I promise the glitch was there. It was talked about in the 2k forums.

I haven't bothered to look in this year's version.
StyxTx

Postby VCGames on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:54 am

For me, the issue only begins once I use a draft class. I just loaded up my draft class and then saved it as a new one, and then imported it right before the draft combine and I had no statistical errors. After trying a bunch of different scenarios It has lead me to believe that either A:

A: skip league meetings (Every time I would sim through to test I would always make sure to decline league changes, though this is the least likely cause

B: Save my created draft class on a new one rather than overwriting it, and/or Load my draft class right before the draft combine every season (this is the only time this draft class did not cause any errors with statistics)

C: Use 2K's auto-generated draft classes (ugh, this is clearly the worst option.)

Edit:

Oh Mah Gawd! I think I got it!

After constant myleagues, constant Kevin Durant goes to ???, and constant 76er's championships (seriously they always win by 2020),It seems that option B is correct. Whenever a new season starts, make sure to use the auto-generated draft class from NBA 2K. Then you have to load your draft class RIGHT BEFORE the draft combine, in order for it to work. I don't think saving the draft class in a new slot is necessary, since the other two draft classes that constantly gave me errors before work fine with this method.

If you guys don't mind, I could create a tutorial on how to prevent this, along with other great discoveries on I've come across on Myleague.

Edit Numbah 2:

Apparently you DO have to save the draft class over a new slot before you import it into your Myleague (so every step of Option B). I presume this means you can overwrite your draft class as many times as you want, as long as you save it under a new slot when you are ready to import it into Myleague. Hopefully this is the FINAL thing you have to do.
VCGames

Postby StyxTx on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:49 am

Oh, you're talking about my league. I never play that.

I have seen the issue in mycareer (2k16). Usually it wasn't just a 1 season glitch in the player stats but their entire career, every season was wrong. But it wasn't every player, just a few.
StyxTx

Postby VCGames on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:09 am

Oh i see, that's interesting, guess the glitch carried over this year. I've put most of my hours in 2K16 into Myleague, which is probably why I never noticed an issue before
VCGames

Return to NBA 2K17