D43 - Ultimate Classic Team Roster - VERSION 3 RELEASED!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: D43 - Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - ASKING ASSISTANCE- WIP - PC

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:08 am

Timmyd, I don't release work that's not ready to go. My other two rosters were ready to play right away, this one is not.

I'm getting frustrated with the lack of responses when reaching out to 2k on social media platforms, but I can't expect anything for a response, atleast that's what history tells me. Everything I listed in that long post are very real issues in the game, that directly impact the flow/pace of the game, almost crippling the user experience completely.

Basketball video games are a huge part of my life, as I've stated prior, they are a hobby and an escape from reality. It's a big bonding experience between my two brothers and I. One thing that frustrates me, is sometimes I feel like these things are done in order to have improvements for the next game, or the next generation of games... because why else would they have so many gameplay issues, and remove presentation features that were positive and were had in the past? Yes, they added EJ/Kenny/Shaq recently, and some pre-game stuff, but overall I consider the presentation to be bland in comparison to EA Sports NBA Live. Also, some of these issues have been around for a FEW GAMES, legacy issues. They know about these issues, but the issues still poke their ugly heads out in every game, or in patches/updates. I look at some of the "community managers", the people that promote the products, and the interaction between them and people who play the games is concerning. They mock them, they act like its a joke, or they plain ignore them.

I didn't make up these issues, I didn't come up with these issues out of thin air, these are ALL real issues that everybody has that can cripple the user experience. I didn't even mention on here the server issues, which is still a major problem from what I hear.

I picture this, developers sitting in front of the game (Mike Wang included), playing the game and seeing these issues, and either A: Not noticing them, because they don't have a true feel for how basketball really flows, or B: Noticing them, but considering it acceptable somehow. Here is why I think it can only be those two, because I had a drastically different experience with a few past 2k's, where the game flowed correctly. The developers cannot sit there, and try to advance the ball up the court down the sideline, and the ball sail over the intended recipients head, and go "Wow, that's realistic, I shouldn't have made that pass"... it's impossible if you know anything about the game. I refuse to believe that these issues cannot be fixed.

Do I sound like I'm ranting? Yes, do I sound like I'm overdoing it? Maybe... but I want you to consider how much time and effort many of us put into these games. We buy the games to create memories, we use our hard earned money to create memories, we deserve to be treated better by the community managers, and better in general in the form of a game that doesn't have so many issues that are not responded to. I want to know what qualifies, say, Ronnie 2k, to be a community manager, and to treat users the way he does?. What makes him more qualified than someone like say, me, in that position? I have watched him play the game (along with others pre-release), and they have no idea what they are doing. They play horrible. So maybe they treat the community that way because they don't understand how to play themselves? Maybe they don't see the REAL ISSUES that we see (Even the average user expresses anger at these issues). I posted one paragraph summarizing the issues on 2k's Facebook page (on a post about the trade deadline), it easily hit 300 likes, and over 70 comments of people agreeing with all of the issues. This isn't a "We are not good at the game, so we are going to complain", this is a "We don't have control over the crazy broken aspects of the game, so we are not having fun".

ANY PRODUCT should have user feedback, user reviews, user input. Any product.

However, MOST of 2k's sales are on launch day, and at Christmas. They could make no money outside of those days, and they would still be more than all set, and #1. So I honestly think that they hang their hats on that, and let the things I mentioned above go. And that is enormously frustrating.

Do you guys see where I am coming from?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:49 am

Dee4Three wrote:I want to know what qualifies, say, Ronnie 2k, to be a community manager, and to treat users the way he does?

But he is a manager which responds for ad and stuff like that, so I don't think that you are completely right in this aspect.
Also, it's a game that should attract big groups of gamers(mainly casuals) and attract their money too.
Probably developers don't interested in fixing things which make majority of gamers pleased. It's bad, but not surprising at all.
I have some claims to 2K too, especially because of their servers. For example, in Russia, where I live, I can't play online, it's pretty frustrating(I don't like mypark so much, but problem is still there). And you're completely rights with your claims. But they won't change major parts of the game, because they're not interested in that entirely. Game brings money, people play in the 2K, they practically don't have competition in the market.

But some mods really help perceive the game differently. Especially your, Han and Viper rosters, cyberfaces, portraits(on of the most fails which 2K did, I was really diappointed when i saw D-Rose portrait). So it would be really great if you'll proceed with your work. Just an opinion and humble wish. I completely understand your dissapointment, but, on the other hand, you're making the game better.

(sorry, if I made mistakes, it's not my native language)
zetsuboushta

Postby maverik99vc on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:15 pm

zetsuboushta wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I want to know what qualifies, say, Ronnie 2k, to be a community manager, and to treat users the way he does?

But he is a manager which responds for ad and stuff like that, so I don't think that you are completely right in this aspect.
Also, it's a game that should attract big groups of gamers(mainly casuals) and attract their money too.
Probably developers don't interested in fixing things which make majority of gamers pleased. It's bad, but not surprising at all.
I have some claims to 2K too, especially because of their servers. For example, in Russia, where I live, I can't play online, it's pretty frustrating(I don't like mypark so much, but problem is still there). And you're completely rights with your claims. But they won't change major parts of the game, because they're not interested in that entirely. Game brings money, people play in the 2K, they practically don't have competition in the market.

But some mods really help perceive the game differently. Especially your, Han and Viper rosters, cyberfaces, portraits(on of the most fails which 2K did, I was really diappointed when i saw D-Rose portrait). So it would be really great if you'll proceed with your work. Just an opinion and humble wish. I completely understand your dissapointment, but, on the other hand, you're making the game better.

(sorry, if I made mistakes, it's not my native language)

Im agreed with you man!
maverik99vc

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:34 am

I finished the 96-97 Rockets last night, they are awesome. since I put the .EXE in from before December (I had backed it up), the game is a little more enjoyable, which gave me a little motivation. I havn't had this thread closed because I am slowly chipping away at the roster.

I'll keep you guys posted if I make anymore updates, or if I get closer to a release. For those who have reached out to me via PM, thanks for the support. I got really frustrated with the game for awhile and was really unmotivated. But I don't want to completely kill the project.

Thanks again.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SanchezAmaro on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:12 am

Thats great news!
SanchezAmaro

Postby timmyd on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:55 am

Dee4Three wrote:I finished the 96-97 Rockets last night, they are awesome. since I put the .EXE in from before December (I had backed it up), the game is a little more enjoyable, which gave me a little motivation. I havn't had this thread closed because I am slowly chipping away at the roster.

I'll keep you guys posted if I make anymore updates, or if I get closer to a release. For those who have reached out to me via PM, thanks for the support. I got really frustrated with the game for awhile and was really unmotivated. But I don't want to completely kill the project.

Thanks again.

GREAT NEWS!

THANK YOU D43. YOU ARE THE MAN FOR TRYING TO BATTLE THIS INNER FRUSTRATION FOR 2K. EVEN IF THE GAME IS NOT PERFECT... YOUR ROSTER WILL SAVE NBA2K17 for me.

Thank you again! good luck! let us know if you need any help!
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby maverik99vc on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:10 pm

Dee4Three wrote:I finished the 96-97 Rockets last night, they are awesome. since I put the .EXE in from before December (I had backed it up), the game is a little more enjoyable, which gave me a little motivation. I havn't had this thread closed because I am slowly chipping away at the roster.

Thanks again.

Great news!! Thanks for continue this roster man!!

BTW It's possibile to host your old exe?? I wanna test the game before the updates!
maverik99vc

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:01 am

maverik99vc wrote:

Thanks again.

Great news!! Thanks for continue this roster man!!

BTW It's possibile to host your old exe?? I wanna test the game before the updates!

Unfortunately, .EXE's cannot be shared per the rules. So I can't, sorry about that.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:08 am

This stung.

Last night, I got beat by a Reggie Miller buzzer beater from the corner. While realistic, it didn't hurt any less. And, this was the first game of the season....

I'm using the 96-97 Rockets here vs the 99-00 Pacers.

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SanchezAmaro on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Out of curiosity,

How many teams did you already have, and how many more are you planning to create?? I followed your comments on gameplay and saddly I cannot tell much as this is my first 2k (ive been always a fifa fan) but it seems you know a lot what you are talking about. Since the moment I joined in, this is the mod I am looking for!
Good luck next time against Reggie!
SanchezAmaro

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:07 am

Hey Sanchez,

Here are the NEW classic teams I have completed so far:

00-01 Kings
09-10 Lakers
10-11 Mavericks
05-06 Nets
06-07 Nuggets
04-05 Spurs
11-12 Thunder
14-15 Warriors
92-93 Suns
96-97 Rockets
99-00 Pacers

New teams I am adding before a release:

96-97 Heat
99-00 Knicks
10-11 Bulls

Default Roster Classic Teams I have replaced:

I replaced the 97-98 Spurs with the 95-96 Spurs (Primed David Robinson)
I replaced the 93-94 Rockets with the 94-95 Rockets (With Drexler).. I am on the fence about changing this back.
I replaced the 90-91 Lakers with the 89-90 Lakers (With Orlando Woolridge).. I am also on the fence about changing this back.
I replaced the 12-13 Heat with the 11-12 Heat (Without Ray Allen).. This way, you can start a myLeague with both the 07-08 Celtics and the 11-12 Heat, and Ray Allen will not be a duplicate.

Default roster classic teams I have not completed:

70-71 Hawks
71-72 Lakers
64-65 Lakers
93-94 Nuggets

All other default classic roster teams are completed with all accurate players on each team, ready for use in MyLEAGUE.

Ultimate goal with this roster:

Have all the classic teams, and new classic teams, be ready for use in MyLeague upon first release. All teams will have 13 players or more, and be accurate.

NOTE: The Euro teams will be useless (Dumping grounds for players not used), and the new classic teams are overwriting the current teams (For example, the 96-97 Rockets are overwriting the current Houston Rockets). All new classic teams will have accurate courts that I converted or ones that were made here. As you can see on my video above, its the accurate 96-97 Rockets court. PeacemanNOT has done a lot of work on Jerseys, and those will all be included in the release. PeacemanNOT also volunteered to change team names right before the release, that way you don't need to go into MyLEAGUE and change the teams names.

This roster will be 100% for use in Play Now and MyLeague, and it really is tailored to MyLEAGUE. That way you can put the greatest teams of all time against eachother in as many fantasy matchups as you want, with limited to no duplicates.

Again, I am chipping away at this slowly, thanks for the patience all.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SanchezAmaro on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:40 am

Incredible!!! really wanna play the Nets!

I was just wondering, why to replace current classic teams if you can override euro teams? I mean, if people still do not want to have multiple D. Robinson in MyLeague, they can just add one Spurs, but all other Spurs (like 97-98) will still be available for play now, another myleague, etc.. In other words, you can keep 12-13 heat, and people can still use 11-12 for myleague or am I wrong? Please correct me! I usually play playnow and myGM
SanchezAmaro

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:46 am

SanchezAmaro wrote:Incredible!!! really wanna play the Nets!

I was just wondering, why to replace current classic teams if you can override euro teams? I mean, if people still do not want to have multiple D. Robinson in MyLeague, they can just add one Spurs, but all other Spurs (like 97-98) will still be available for play now, another myleague, etc.. In other words, you can keep 12-13 heat, and people can still use 11-12 for myleague or am I wrong? Please correct me! I usually play playnow and myGM

Without an appropriate roster editor we are limited. The Euro teams would not only need to have players ADDED to the end of the roster using a program like Cheat Engine (Because most of those teams do not have 13 guys, and you can't just add players to the teams, they are hard coded with the number of guys they have, meaning... without 13 guys these teams couldn't be used in myleague). Not only that, but the team RULES would have to be changed to NBA, because they have hard coded euro league rules. The audio files would also need to be changed. My original goal was to overwrite all the euroleague teams, and keep the current teams intact, but that proved impossible at the moment.

So, this roster will not be for current teams at all, it will be strictly for use of classic teams (newly added and default roster classic teams).

Having this roster, my all time teams roster, my draft roster, and the current rosters that are out there, give PC users some great options for really fun MyLeagues.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:18 am

I would prefer that the 12-13 Heat and the 11-12 Heat don't overwrite. The jerseys conflict because they have 25 year anniversary badge which is a 12-13 thing. Same goes for 94-95 Rockets, Hakeem was a lot better in 94, MVP season, better team overall. It would be great to have them both and use the same method Han's roster is doing which is finding similar teams with similar team colours. Obviously he's using the roster editor which we've yet to gain access to. I wish maumau was more active in to figure how to edit this stuff through cheat engine.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:19 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:If maumau or someone found out how to add 13 players will you use Euro Teams? I would prefer that the 12-13 Heat and the 11-12 Heat don't overwrite. The jerseys conflict because they have 25 year anniversary badge which is a 12-13 thing. Same goes for 94-95 Rockets, Hakeem was a lot better in 94, MVP season, better team overall. It would be great to have them both and use the same method Han's roster is doing which is finding similar teams with similar team colours. Obviously he's using the roster editor which we've yet to gain access to.

That was my ultimate goal, and if that gets figured out, I am on board and will switch it all over.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SanchezAmaro on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:04 am

I understand, well do the best you think. For me is perfect with just classic teams! Looking forward
SanchezAmaro

Postby timmyd on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:22 am

Dee4Three wrote:This stung.

Last night, I got beat by a Reggie Miller buzzer beater from the corner. While realistic, it didn't hurt any less. And, this was the first game of the season....

I'm using the 96-97 Rockets here vs the 99-00 Pacers.

phpBB [video]

This looks absolutely amazing!! Reggie Miller is way too accurate. Thank you for sharing this Dee4Three. If anything, you have now gotten us all really excited for NBA 2K17 again. I can just imagine, after my wife and kids go to sleep. I will play everynight till about 3am lol wake up at 7am and go to work for 9am. lol

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby timmyd on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:24 am

Oh man the Net's are going to be amazing. Kidd, RJ and VC! I remember them falling to the Heat in back to back year's, I'd love to finally defeat Shaq and D Wade lol

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby timmyd on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:26 am

Once this is released, I'm probably going to try my best to re-create Toronto Raptors from 2006-2007 as well to counter part the Nets, just for my personal use without any arena or cyber face lol (I don't know how to do that stuff) and I don't want to ruin D43's work with my butchery.

2K already has

Bosh (without dreadlocks, sadly).
Calderon
Bargnani

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby SanchezAmaro on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:13 am

Maybe a nice team to consider is Baron Davis warriors. In fantasy draft is cool and I think Han Roster has it eith court etc
SanchezAmaro

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:24 am

SanchezAmaro wrote:Maybe a nice team to consider is Baron Davis warriors. In fantasy draft is cool and I think Han Roster has it eith court etc

This is something I wanted to do. However, the problem is... I had to choose between them and the 14-15 Warriors because I had to overwrite the current Warriors team. If the Euro Teams can be overwritten, I will certainly consider adding them. 14-15 Warriors took priority because they won the title.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SanchezAmaro on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 am

Dee4Three wrote:
SanchezAmaro wrote:Maybe a nice team to consider is Baron Davis warriors. In fantasy draft is cool and I think Han Roster has it eith court etc

This is something I wanted to do. However, the problem is... I had to choose between them and the 14-15 Warriors because I had to overwrite the current Warriors team. If the Euro Teams can be overwritten, I will certainly consider adding them. 14-15 Warriors took priority because they won the title.

I see, I thought you could override any nba current team, the 30 of them and fill with different classics regardless of the franchise (e.g. 3 lakers and 0 memphis). Well that will be cool like Roy´s Blazzers and some others, but anyway, is so cool you are re-starting this again!
SanchezAmaro

Postby zetsuboushta on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:00 am

timmyd wrote:2K already has

Han roster has Bosh with dreadlocks.
zetsuboushta

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:24 am

zetsuboushta wrote:

He is correct, it does. That roster doesn't have the 05-06 Nets though, and I think he was looking to matchup those two teams. Also, that roster for the moment is only good for Play Now (With classic teams anyway).

I am going to try to work on this roster this week, life has been really busy with work and actual basketball (I had two basketball games yesterday, and I have one tonight). One of the leagues I am in is ending really soon, so that will free up more time.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby timmyd on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:34 am

Dee4Three wrote:
zetsuboushta wrote:

He is correct, it does. That roster doesn't have the 05-06 Nets though, and I think he was looking to matchup those two teams. Also, that roster for the moment is only good for Play Now (With classic teams anyway).

I am going to try to work on this roster this week, life has been really busy with work and actual basketball (I had two basketball games yesterday, and I have one tonight). One of the leagues I am in is ending really soon, so that will free up more time.

THANKS!!

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding