Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 2018 NBA Champions! + Retirees + Draft Lottery)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (54-28 + SEAvHOU Game 1 + 2)

Postby Kenny on Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Phil89 wrote:Perfect start to the series (Y)

Hopefully Nick Young opts in to his player option for next season. He seems to be a very handy bench player.

I hope he does as well. To me, he's pretty much the JR Smith of NBA 2K17. Even if he doesn't opt in, I'll probably end up paying him... even if I really don't want to :lol:
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Game 3: Horror In Houston: Rockets Embarrass Sonics

The Houston Rockets came away with a massive 114-87 win against the Sonics in Game 3.

James Harden (28 points) and Ryan Anderson (23 points, 7 rebounds) were the main weapons for the Rockets on offence, while D.J. Augustin also contributed 12. However, one of the biggest battles the Rockets won on the night was on the boards. While the defensive rebounding stats were close, Houston were +11 on the offensive boards, thanks to stellar performances by Clint Capela and Nene. Both centres grabbed 13 rebounds each.

For the Sonics, there wasn’t a whole lot to write home about. Nick Young was the Sonics most effective offensive weapon once again, scoring 21 points off 5-10 shooting. However, Young did not have a whole lot of help, as Amir Johnson and Andrew Nicholson were the only other double-digit scorers for the Sonics with 10 points each.

Even though the Rockets are down in the series, this game is potentially the momentum swing they needed.

Game 4: Sonics Reclaim Ascendancy in OT Thriller

After a disastrous Game 3, the Sonics snatched a 125-124 win against the Rockets in overtime. Arron Afflalo nailed the game-winning three from the corner off the Andrew Nicholson pass from the key. With a chance to win the game, Ryan Anderson was unable to hit the contested shot in the key.

Down by 9 at the start of the 4th quarter, the Sonics appeared to be following a similar fate they suffered in Game 3. Thankfully, an inspired performance by Andrew Nicholson saw Seattle get back into the game in the dying stages. The forward led all scorers with 32 points on the night. The Aussie duo of Patty Mills (19 points, 15 assists) and Andrew Bogut (17 points, 20 rebounds) were also productive, registering double-doubles. Nick Young and Arron Afflalo added 14 each, while Shaun Livingston contributed 11 points and 5 assists off the bench.

James Harden once again proved to be huge for the Rockets, scoring 27 points off 13-24 from the field. Ryan Anderson (19 points, 9 rebounds) also came up big, while Nene and Eric Gordon added 14 points each. Patrick Beverley and Trevor Ariza both added 12, while Sam Dekker scored 10 off the bench.

You can watch the final moments of the game here.

Sonics lead the series 3-1
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Looks like Game 3 might have been fool's gold for the Rockets. Don't let this distract you from the fact the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead them back into the series!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (54-28 + SEAvHOU Game 3 + 4... Is the series over?)

Postby Phil89 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Huge shot by Afflalo :applaud:

But where was Harden on that last play?
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (54-28 + SEAvHOU Game 3 + 4... Is the series over?)

Postby Kenny on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Andrew wrote:Looks like Game 3 might have been fool's gold for the Rockets. Don't let this distract you from the fact the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead them back into the series!

Game 3 was pretty brutal. Here's hoping I don't pull an OKC/GSW.

Phil89 wrote:Huge shot by Afflalo :applaud:

But where was Harden on that last play?

No idea... but they pretty much bailed me out by not having him in the play. Will have to look at the tape again and try and find him.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:58 pm

Game 5: Sonics Advance to Second Round

The Sonics managed to overcome a late surge by the Rockets to win 104-100 in Game 5. The Rockets came back with a big run in the 4th - and eventually won the quarter 31-24 – but towards the end the Sonics maintained the lead from the free throw line.

For the second game in a row, it was Andrew Nicholson who lifted the Seattle Sonics. He had 33 points and 11 rebounds on the night. Patty Mills also had a double-double with 20 points and 10 assists. Nick Young (15 points) and Arron Afflalo (13 points) were the other main contributors on offence for the Sonics.

James Harden rallied his team back into the game, as he ended up with 28 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists for his efforts. However, Ryan Anderson (14 points) and Nene (12 points, 13 rebounds) were the only other Rockets in double figures.

The Sonics now advance to the second round to take on the winner of the series between the Portland Trail Blazers and the Denver Nuggets. It’s currently tied at 2-2.

Sonics Win 4-1
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (54-28 + SEAvHOU Series Conclusion!)

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:43 am

Nicely done. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Good work knocking off Pringles and The Beard. I remember Capela was the one guy who gave me fits playing them, but it didn't seem like he was a huge factor here.

Should be an interesting second round match-up - either you vs. your favorite team, or a renewal of the I-5 rivalry. I think you know what I'm rooting for! ;)
Lamrock

Postby Kenny on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Andrew wrote:Nicely done. (Y)

Cheers :)

Lamrock wrote:Good work knocking off Pringles and The Beard. I remember Capela was the one guy who gave me fits playing them, but it didn't seem like he was a huge factor here.

Should be an interesting second round match-up - either you vs. your favorite team, or a renewal of the I-5 rivalry. I think you know what I'm rooting for! ;)

Capela was definitely a factor in the series on the boards, but rim protection is a real strength of my team, so his second chance points were limited. He's also someone I don't mind fouling either, because he's shot some of the worst free throws I've seen in 2K. So yeah, I guess I neutralised him pretty well.

I think the second round matchup is good no matter who makes it. Both teams have given me problems throughout the season, so the second round will be a challenge. But yeah... I know who you're hoping for. ;)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Pacers Shock Cavaliers, Advance to Second Round

The NBA Finals will be LeBron free for the first time since 2010 after the 8th seed Pacers eliminated the Cavaliers in Game 7.

The Pacers grabbed early ascendency in the series with a 3-0 lead, but the Cavs managed to win the next 3 to force a Game 7.

With momentum and homecourt advantage, the Cavaliers were the favourites among most NBA pundits, but the Pacers were able to snatch a 101-98 win off the back of Paul George (19 points, 13 rebounds) and Al Jefferson (17 points, 6 rebounds).

Russ And KD To Face Off

The Playoffs matchup everyone wanted to see will take place in the Conference Semi Finals.

The winner will receive the 2017 signing of Kevin Durant.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:53 pm

Bench Players

Seattle Sonics
Boban Marjanovic, Shaun Livingston, Nick Young, Amir Johnson, Vince Carter, Tony Snell, David Stockton, Chris Andersen
IR: Kevin Martin, Nick Collison

Portland Trail Blazers
Al-Farouq Aminu, Ed Davis, Maurice Harkless, Pat Connaughton, Noah Vonleh, Festus Ezeli, Shabazz Napier, Jake Layman
IR: Luis Montero

Team Leaders (Playoffs)

SEA: Andrew Nicholson 20.6
POR: Damian Lillard 25.7

Rebounds

SEA: Andrew Bogut 12.6
POR: Mason Plumlee 8.9

Assists

SEA: Patrick Mills 11.6
POR: Evan Turner 7.1

Season Series: Tied 2-2
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (54-28 + Second Round Preview + Massive Upset!)

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Paul George GOAT. All who disagree are haters.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:13 pm

Andrew wrote:Paul George GOAT. All who disagree are haters.

Can't argue against the results. When did LeBron lead an 8th seed team to the second round?
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:14 pm

Game 1: Sonics Strike First in Portland

The Sonics started their Conference Semi Final series with a 97-91 win over the Portland Trail Blazers.

Andrew Nicholson continued his impressive post-season form with 34 points and 7 rebounds. Arron Afflalo (16 points) and Patty Mills (13 points) were relatively streaky, while Nick Young’s 11 points came from an erratic 4-14 shooting. Shaun Livingston also had his moments with 10 points and 7 assists off the bench.

As expected, the Blazers leant heavily on C.J. McCollum and Damian Lillard. The pair combined for 20-54 from the field, with 25 and 24 respectively. While the heavy usage of McCollum and Lillard arguably kept Portland in the game, it also left few opportunities for their teammates to get involved, with Evan Turner (10 points) being the only other player in double figures.

Both teams shot low percentages from the field, but there was a major disparity from the charity stripe. With 20 free throw attempts per side, the Sonics’ capitalised on 95% of their shots, while the Blazers struggled at 65%.

Game 2: Blazers Level Series

The Blazers finished strong in the 4th quarter of Game 2, winning 102-96 against the Sonics.

Damian Lillard (31 points) and C.J. McCollum (29 points) dominated the Blazers’ offence once again, but they managed to get more help from teammates Evan Turner (18 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals) and Meyers Leonard (10 points, 6 rebounds). Along with the offensive effort, one of major adjustments the Blazers made was adding Ed Davis to the starting lineup. Davis grabbed 12 rebounds on the night and helped set the tone on defence.

While Patty Mills and Arron Afflalo struggled once again, Wilson Chandler tried picking up the slack with 25 points and 9 rebounds. Andrew Nicholson didn’t have the same impact as the previous game, but he ended up with 22 points off 9-21 from the field. Along with Chandler, Shaun Livingston (17 points) and Amir Johnson (10 points) also picked up their game, but unfortunately it wasn’t enough for the Sonics to pick up the 2-0 series lead.

Series Tied 1-1
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (54-28 + SEAvPOR Game 1 + 2)

Postby Lamrock on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:58 am

I think you'll win this series. That Mason Plumlee/Meyers Leonard frontcourt is Charmin soft
Lamrock

Postby Kenny on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Lamrock wrote:I think you'll win this series. That Mason Plumlee/Meyers Leonard frontcourt is Charmin soft

That pairing is pretty easy to exploit, but I've found Ed Davis to be really tough. Plus Lillard and McCollum are Splash Brothers Lite.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Game 3: Blazers Regain Advantage

The Trail Blazers claimed a 2-1 lead in the series with a 113-107 win against the Sonics.

C.J. McCollum was the high-point man with 28, but it was Ed Davis who proved to be the most effective player for the Blazers. After reinvigorating the Blazers in Game 2, Davis tallied 20 points and 14 rebounds to be their best player on the night. Damian Lillard (6-19) struggled from the field, but still managed to play a significant role with 18 points and 8 assists. Evan Turner was effective with 18 points and 7 assists, while Meyers Leonard registered a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds.

The Sonics decided to have a more smash-mouth approach in Game 3, with Boban Marjanovic (27 points, 6 rebounds, 4 blocks) and Andrew Bogut (22 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks) being the surprise leaders on offence. Andrew Nicholson (13 points) didn’t have as many opportunities in this game, but David Stockton made the most of his rare opportunity in the rotation. Stockton scored 11 points in just 8 minutes of play. He ended up being more efficient than Patty Mills, who scored 10 points off 3-9 shooting. However, Patty was still effective in distributing the ball, as he tallied 14 assists.

Game 4: Lillard and McCollum Dominate in Seattle

The Portland Trail Blazers are just one win away from the Western Conference Finals after their 120-113 win over the Sonics in Game 4.

Lillard (36 points, 11 assists) and McCollum (29 points) proved why they are one of the most feared backcourts in the league, as they completely dismantled the Sonics’ defence. Evan Turner and Mason Plumlee also contributed, with 13 and 10 points respectively, but the night was all about the Blazers’ dynamic duo.

Despite having his troubles with Lillard, Patty Mills had one of his better games of the Playoffs. He scored 23 points on the night, while Andrew Nicholson tallied 22 points. Nick Young (21 points) also had a slight return to form, but was also inefficient with 6-16 from the field. Shaun Livingston (14 points, 9 assists) was close to having a double-double off the bench, while Arron Afflalo continued his relatively lackluster post-season form with 11 points.

With a 3-1 deficit, the Sonics will now have to win another game in Portland just to keep their series alive.

Trail Blazers Lead 3-1
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (54-28 + SEAvPOR Game 3 + 4)

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:16 pm

Dang, didn't see that coming. Hoping for the best!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:13 am

Losing two at home is always frustrating. Not looking good, but 3-1 is by no means insurmountable ;)
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:08 am

And at the end of the day, don't let this distract you from the fact the new Seattle SuperSonics had the best inaugural season for an expansion team in league history!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Ouch, that wasn't supposed to happen. Their backcourt is just so good.

Don't give up. Better teams than the Blazers have choked 3-1 leads (Y)
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Dang, didn't see that coming. Hoping for the best!

Certainly threw a major spanner in the works.

Lamrock wrote:Losing two at home is always frustrating. Not looking good, but 3-1 is by no means insurmountable ;)

Definitely tough, considering I had the split in Portland as well.

Andrew wrote:And at the end of the day, don't let this distract you from the fact the new Seattle SuperSonics had the best inaugural season for an expansion team in league history!

I'll always have that distinction... at least in this thread ;)

Phil89 wrote:Ouch, that wasn't supposed to happen. Their backcourt is just so good.

Don't give up. Better teams than the Blazers have choked 3-1 leads (Y)

Lillard and McCollum are amazing. I love having an offensive-minded backcourt, but players like those guys make me reconsider my playing style.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Game 5: Sonics Rally Back From Massive Deficit

The Sonics overcame a huge first half deficit to win 120-111 in Game 5 against the Trail Blazers. Seattle were down by as many as 25 in the second quarter, after the Blazers came out of the blocks with a 35-15 first quarter. But it ended up being the only quarter the home team won, as the Sonics won both the 2nd and 3rd quarter by double figures.

The comeback was led by another inspiring performancefrom Andrew Nicholson. He came away with 36 points on the night from an impressive 15-20 from the field. Nick Young also proved to be a major catalyst for the comeback, with 21 points in just 22 minutes of play. Amir Johnson (13 points) and Shaun Livingston (12 points, 11 assists) also provided great production off the bench, while Patty Mills had 11 points and 13 assists.

C.J. McCollum was on fire in the first half, but cooled down towards the end of the game. He had 31 points off 11-27 shooting. Damian Lillard scored 24 points off 9-24, to go with 12 assists on the night. Both McCollum and Lillard combined for a whopping 31 attempts from beyond the arc, hitting 8. Evan Turner proved to be more efficient in his attempts, scoring 20 points from 8-12. Meyers Leonard was 1 rebound off a double-double, as he tallied 10 points and 9 rebounds.

Along with the big scoring numbers from both teams, Andrew Bogut and Ed Davis had an epic battle on the boards. Bogut narrowly won the battle 19-17.

Even though Portland still have the 3-2 advantage, the Sonics now head back to Seattle with major momentum from the epic comeback win.

Game 6: Sonics Eliminated in Dramatic Fashion

After a drama-filled last minute of the game, the Sonics bowed out of the Playoffs race, losing to the Trail Blazers 111-110. With a shot to send the series to a 7th game, Patty Mills narrowly missed an open three-point attempt on the fastbreak. You can watch the final moments of the Sonics’ first season back in the league here.

Before the final shot, Mills was leading the offensive charge by the Sonics. He ended up with 28 points and 7 assists on the night. Andrew Nicholson (15 points) and Andrew Bogut (12 points, 16 rebounds, 6 blocks) both had solid nights on offence, while Arron Afflalo’s only miss on the night was from the free throw line. AAA scored 12 points off 4-4 shooting. And after spending most of the series on IR, Kevin Martin was a surprise performer for the Sonics with 10 points.

But the tale once again revolved around the Blazers’ incredible backcourt. Along with the eventual game-winning basket, Damian Lillard scorched the Sonics with 33 points and 10 assists. His partner in crime, C.J. McCollum, played an excellent secondary role with 20 points. Ed Davis (14 points, 9 rebounds) helped the Blazers’ frontcourt, while Meyers Leonard and Al-Farouq Aminu both had 12 points and 11 rebounds each. Evan Turner also made the most of his opportunities, with 11 points off 5-7 from the field.

The Blazers will now go on to play either the Warriors or the Thunder in the Western Conference Finals. The Warriors currently lead that series 3-2.

Trail Blazers Win 4-2.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:19 pm

Now that's a tough way to lose, on the precipice of a thrilling victory to force Game 7. Still, you gave it a good try. A couple of solid offseason moves, and you could go even further next season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:01 am

So unlucky. But at least you have a great foundation to build on with this team.

I'm interested to see what you do over the off-season.
My Stories
Phil89

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood