Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 2018 NBA Champions! + Retirees + Draft Lottery)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (46-26)

Postby Kenny on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Rocky Start to Road Trip: Sonics Lose to Nuggets

The Sonics started their road trip with a 110-102 loss to the Nuggets.

Seattle had no answer for Emmanuel Mudiay, who scored a season-high 28 points, along with 9 assists. Mudiay’s playmaking allowed the rest of the team to gain momentum, with Darrell Arthur (17 points), Danilo Gallinari (15 points) and Kenneth Faried (11 points, 10 rebounds) all providing meaningful contributions on offence. The Nuggets also got great production from Nikola Jokic (4-5 FG) and Jusuf Nurkic (5-7 FG), who both scored 10 points each.

For the Sonics, Patty Mills led the way with 19 points. Former Nuggets Arron Afflalo (16 points) and Wilson Chandler (12 points) both had decent outings, while Andrew Nicholson and Vince Carter were also able to contribute with 11 and 10 points respectively.

Sonics Bounce Back Against Hornets

The Sonics weren’t to be kept down against the Hornets, as they came away with a 129-108 win in Charlotte.

Patty Mills exploded for 27 points and 10 assists to lead the way for the Sonics. Shaun Livingston also did a great job at manning the point with Mills on the bench. Livingston ended up with 16 points and 7 assists with the second unit. Wilson Chandler (13 points) and Nick Young (12 points) provided efficient scoring on the wings, while Boban Marjanovic was solid in the lane with 11 points and 7 rebounds off the bench. Vince Carter and Arron Afflalo also contributed, scoring 10 points each.

Sonics Win Thriller in Chicago

The Sonics managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in their 105-104 win over the Bulls.

The Bulls held a 5-point lead with a minute left. But the Sonics decided to implement a “Hack-a-Rondo” strategy to help narrow the deficit. After missing his last two free throws, Arron Afflalo nailed the corner three to put the Sonics ahead by one. Despite Mirotic having an open mid-range shot on the next possession, the forward was unable to capitalise.

Afflalo ended up with 13 points on the night, along with Vince Carter and Nick Young. However, as much as the night will be remembered for AAA’s shot, it was also an historic night for Andrew Bogut. The Aussie centre registered a triple-double, with 14 points, 18 rebounds and 11 assists. Bogut also swatted away 3 shots and picked up one steal to complete his stat line. The Sonics also received minor contributions from Patty Mills (11 points, 6 assists) and Andrew Nicholson (10 points).

Even though Bogut had a big night, Robin Lopez was also huge for his team. Lopez led the Bulls with 27 points and 14 rebounds. Rajon Rondo (17 points, 12 assists) was also solid for most of the game, but his free throw woes (5-12) ended up costing the Bulls in the end.

Sonics Smash Sixers

The Sonics made easy work of the Sixers, winning 115-89.

Patty Mills top scored for the Sonics, with 23 points. Nick Young (15 points) and Andrew Nicholson (14 points, 8 rebounds) provided solid support for the diminutive Australian guard, along with Arron Afflalo (12 points) and Andrew Bogut (10 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks).

The Sixers had 6 players in double digits, led by Ben Simmons, who was close to a triple-double with 16 points, 9 rebounds and 7 assists. However, inefficiency from the field (40%) and a large disparity on the boards (-11) led to the Sixers being dominated in the game.

Last 4 Games

@DEN: 110-102 L
@CHA: 129-108 W
@CHI: 105-104 W
@PHI: 115-89 W

Overall: 49-27

Injury List

No injuries
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:16 pm

April 2017: The Home Stretch

The Sonics are only 6 games away from completing their first regular season back in the NBA. With a record of 49-27, they are competing with the Spurs for the 3rd seed. However, if the Sonics claim the 4th seed, they could potentially face a first round against the most hated team in Seattle, the Oklahoma City Thunder. Either way, there are interesting times ahead for Sonics fans.

It seems that both expansion teams are causing a stir in the 16-17 season. Along with the Sonics’ incredible effort, the Baltimore Barons are currently sitting on a .500 record, which is good enough for 7th place in the East. With the East being the Cavs and everyone else, the Barons could make some noise if they make it to the Playoffs in their inaugural season.

Playoff Picture

West

GSW 59-18
POR 51-25
SAS 49-27
SEA 49-27
OKC 47-29
HOU 46-30
DEN 44-33
MEM 40-36
--
MIN 40-36

East

CLE 57-19
DET 44-32
MIL 42-36
TOR 41-36
ATL 39-37
BOS 39-37
BAL 38-38
IND 38-38

League Leaders

Rebounds: DeAndre Jordan 16.5
Assists: Russell Westbrook 11.3
Steals: Russell Westbrook 3.2
Blocks: DeAndre Jordan 3.1
Turnovers: Russell Westbrook 4.4
PER: James Harden 32.9

Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Andrew wrote:Mills thrills, pays bills, again. No shame in losing to the Spurs.

He certainly does, and I'm sure the Spurs would have been even more difficult if he was playing for them.

Valor wrote:Shooting 52-83 is insane, what a game :applaud:

You're definitely on a roll now, winning 14 out of 15 games is not bad at all!

Was a pretty crazy game. The Kings are pretty weak on the interior, so I just exploited them there, and I tend to be able to defend Boogie pretty well too, so I was able to neutralise them pretty easily. Their best player against me is usually Rudy Gay :lol:

It's been a good run. With any luck, I will be able to dodge the Warriors in the first two rounds... if I make it that far, of course.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (49-27 + Only 6 Regular Season Games Left!)

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:14 pm

Going on a good run to close out the season. An excellent first year for an expansion team.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:58 am

Kenny wrote:Was a pretty crazy game. The Kings are pretty weak on the interior, so I just exploited them there, and I tend to be able to defend Boogie pretty well too, so I was able to neutralise them pretty easily. Their best player against me is usually Rudy Gay :lol:

I think I've said it before but Cousins do seem to struggle a lot in 2K for some reason
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:08 am

Still in play for the 2 seed, but it would be pretty cool to beat OKC in the first round! :twisted:
Lamrock

Postby Phil89 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:34 pm

Incredible first season so far (Y)

I think it would also be cool if you faced the Nuggets at some point during the playoffs.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:21 am

Andrew wrote:Going on a good run to close out the season. An excellent first year for an expansion team.

Hoping for a deep playoff run, but by making it in the first place, I've already exceeded my expectations.

Valor wrote:
Kenny wrote:Was a pretty crazy game. The Kings are pretty weak on the interior, so I just exploited them there, and I tend to be able to defend Boogie pretty well too, so I was able to neutralise them pretty easily. Their best player against me is usually Rudy Gay :lol:

I think I've said it before but Cousins do seem to struggle a lot in 2K for some reason

I think centres in general are just easier to defend in 2K... unless you go online, of course.

Lamrock wrote:Still in play for the 2 seed, but it would be pretty cool to beat OKC in the first round! :twisted:

That would be amazing. Couldn't write a better script than that.

Phil89 wrote:Incredible first season so far (Y)

I think it would also be cool if you faced the Nuggets at some point during the playoffs.

Nuggets would have to get past the Blazers for that to happen, so it's not impossible. Although, historically speaking, the Nuggets might not be a good match up for the Sonics...
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:22 am

Young and Mills Burn the Suns

Nick Young and Patty Mills both took turns in driving the Sonics’ offence to a 112-100 win over the Suns.

Young has been an instant-offence machine the entire season, and against the Suns he exploded for 32 points in just 22 minutes, while Patty had 24 points and 5 assists. Aside from Mills and Young, Wilson Chandler (16 points) was the only other double-digit scorer for the Sonics.

The Suns also had three scorers in double figures, with Eric Bledsoe (25 points), Dragan Bender (19 points, 8 rebounds) and Alex Len (14 points, 9 rebounds) providing the best scoring options for the home team. But no one quite had the same impact that Nick Young and Patty Mills had for the Sonics.

Sonics Enjoy Home Cooking Against Sixers

After a 5-game road trip, the Sonics had a triumphant return to Seattle with a 109-102 victory against the Sixers.

Patty Mills once again sparked the Sonics offence, as he led the way with 32 points and 12 assists. Andrew Nicholson (12 rebounds) and Arron Afflalo both tallied 14 points each, while Wilson Chandler and Vince Carter scored 13 and 12 respectively.

Sonics Keep Rolling Against Nets

The Sonics had little resistance from the Nets in their 104-90 win.

Arron Afflalo (23 points) and Andrew Nicholson (20 points, 9 rebounds) both had standout performances against the lottery-bound Nets, while Patrick Mills (15 points, 6 assists) and Nick Young (12 points) also contributed to the victory.

Sonics Destroy Kings

The Sonics once again had no problems against the Kings in their 117-93 win in Sacramento.

Arron Afflalo and Nick Young both scored 21 points each, while Wilson Chandler also managed double figures with 10 points. But it was Andrew Bogut’s effort against DeMarcus Cousins that proved to be the main difference. While Boogie had 19 points and 11 rebounds, Bogut registered another triple-double with 14 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists. He also pestered Cousins on defence with 4 blocked shots.

Sonics Outlast Hawks

The Sonics had 6 double-digit scorers in their 102-91 win against the Hawks.

They were led by Andrew Nicholson, who had 21 points and 5 rebounds. Patty Mills added 16 points and 7 assists, while fellow Australian Andrew Bogut continued his impressive form with 12 points, 15 rebounds and 4 blocks. Arron Afflalo (11 points), Wilson Chandler (10 points) and Boban Marjanovic (10 points, 11 rebounds) also made meaningful contributions to the win.

The Hawks had a 49-45 half-time lead, but the Sonics gained ascendency in the 3rd quarter, outscoring the Hawks 33-22.

Blazers Break Sonics’ Streak, Secure Second Seed

The Blazers ended the Sonics’ winning streak at 8 with a 111-99 victory.

Once again, the Sonics had no answers for the Blazers All-Star backcourt. In an incredible display, both Lillard and McCollum scored 32 points each. They dominated the game for the Blazers, with Mason Plumlee the only other double-digit scorer for Portland. He ended up registering a double-double, with 12 points and 12 rebounds.

For the Sonics, Patrick Mills (23 points) and Wilson Chandler (17 points) were the best on the offensive end, but didn’t have anywhere near the impact of the Blazers’ backcourt. Nick Young added 16 off the bench, while Andrew Bogut (11 rebounds) and Vince Carter scored 11 points each.

This loss means that the Sonics finish 3rd in the Western Conference and will face the Houston Rockets in the first round of the playoffs.

Last 6 Games

@PHX: 112-100 W
PHI: 109-102 W
BKN: 104-90 W
@SAC: 117-93 W
ATL: 102-91 W
POR: 111-99 L

Overall: 54-28

Injury List

No injuries
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:26 am

Final Standings

West

Golden State 64-18
Portland 55-27
Seattle 54-28
San Antonio 52-30
Oklahoma City 50-32
Houston 50-32
Denver 47-35
Memphis 44-38
---
LA Clippers 42-40
Utah 42-40
Minnesota 42-40
LA Lakers 39-43
New Orleans 33-49
Dallas 29-53
Sacramento 25-57
Phoenix 21-61

East

Cleveland 59-23
Detroit 47-35
Milwaukee 44-38
Boston 43-39
Toronto 43-39
Baltimore 42-40
Atlanta 42-40
Indiana 40-42
---
Chicago 39-43
New York 37-45
Washington 36-46
Philadelphia 35-47
Orlando 32-50
Brooklyn 31-51
Charlotte 27-55
Miami 26-56
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (54-28)

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 am

54-28 is a more than respectable record for an expansion team. Well done! Still hoping you can have a great run in the Playoffs, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:09 pm

It would've been cool to get that OKC match-up, but Houston will still be a good challenge. Good luck stopping the beard (Y)

I'm going out on a limb and predicting a Seattle-Baltimore finals series. Why not? :cheeky:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Rockets got nothing on you!
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:33 pm

54 wins is incredible for a first year franchise, you enter the playoffs in good form too (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Kenny on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Andrew wrote:54-28 is a more than respectable record for an expansion team. Well done! Still hoping you can have a great run in the Playoffs, though.

I hope so too. Even with the 3rd seed, I still consider this to be an underdog team, so I'd love to at least get to the second round or WCF.

Phil89 wrote:It would've been cool to get that OKC match-up, but Houston will still be a good challenge. Good luck stopping the beard (Y)

I'm going out on a limb and predicting a Seattle-Baltimore finals series. Why not? :cheeky:

You know, I could see them making it to the ECF. It'd be great if they could beat Cleveland as well.

Lamrock wrote:Rockets got nothing on you!

Oh yeah! Get hyped, Space Needle Nation!

Valor wrote:54 wins is incredible for a first year franchise, you enter the playoffs in good form too (Y)

That last month or so was a lot of fun. I just hope I can stop James Harden now.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Team Review: 2016/17

Since it’s the end of the season, I thought I would give everyone an insight to how each player on the roster performed and what the current thoughts are regarding their future with the franchise.

Patrick Mills
71 GP (64 GS) – 16.4PPG – 7.9APG – 1.2SPG - .426 FG - .357 3PT

Of all the players that have benefitted from moving to Seattle, I think Patrick Mills tops the list. In San Antonio, he was always in the shadow of the big three and emerging superstar Kawhi Leonard. In Seattle, Mills has been given the chance to run an offence and potentially be a franchise player.

Mills has done well taking on a larger role. He led the team in points and assists, and wasn’t afraid to step up in the clutch moments of the game. And with his contract extension signed earlier in the season, the people of Seattle will likely get to see the best Patty can offer in this league for the next few seasons.

Contract Situation

Mills signed an extension earlier in the season and is a big part of the Sonics’ plans moving forward.

Arron Afflalo
82 GP (82 GS) – 15.4PPG – 2.1RPG – 1.1APG - .487 FG - .350 3PT

With mercurial talents like Patrick Mills and Nick Young, Arron Afflalo is the steadying influence the Seattle Sonics have needed. AAA has generally gone about his business without a fuss and has been one of the most consistent performers for the re-emerged franchise. However, don’t take that as a suggestion that he can’t pour in the points. After all, he currently has the franchise record for points in a game (53).

Contract Situation

AAA has a team option that the Sonics will most likely exercise.

Wilson Chandler
65 GP (65 GS) – 12.2PPG – 4.4RPG – 1.1SPG - .522 FG - .378 3PT

Wilson Chandler is a great complementary player. He can score from inside and out, defend both forward positions, and can play significant minutes, as his franchise record for minutes in a game (52) can attest to. Chandler’s versatility solves a lot of dilemmas the Sonics can potentially have and it makes him an X-Factor in any game he plays.

Contract Situation

Wilson is under contract for next season.

Andrew Nicholson
75 GP (46 GS) – 14.1PPG – 6.1RPG - .8BPG - .551 FG - .315 FG

Along with Patty Mills, Andrew Nicholson was another breakout player for the Seattle Sonics in their first year back. Starting the season as a backup to Amir Johnson, Nicholson capitalised on his opportunities when Johnson was injured. He proved himself to be a consistent force on offence, which moved him quickly up the pecking order to be the second or third option for the Sonics.

Contract Situation

Nicholson is under contract for the next two seasons and has a player option for an additional season. Since his production far outweighs how much he’s getting paid ($13M in total over the next two seasons), it’s unlikely that he will be a trade chip any time soon.

Andrew Bogut
82 GP (82 GS) – 8.8PPG – 10.1RPG – 2.5BPG - .698 FG

Bogut is the centre that every team needs. He doesn’t demand the ball, or even care about his stats in general. He’s just focused on making the right plays that help his team on both ends. But it is his defensive play that makes him so valuable to the team. Bogut has been the defensive spine of the Sonics and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. Throughout the 16-17 season, Bogut was among the top 5 players being considered for the Defensive Player of the Year award. With his form getting even better towards the end of the season, Bogut will be a key figure in the Sonics’ playoff run.

Contract Situation

AB signed a 3-year extension earlier in the season, so he’s not going anywhere.

Boban Marjanovic
82 GP – 7.2PPG – 8.8RPG – 1.8BPG - .768 FG

The centre rotation has been a model of consistency, and Boban Marjanovic is half the reason why that was the case. When Bogut went to the bench, the Sonics lost nothing when Boban walked onto the court. His rebounding and block numbers aren’t far away from Bogut’s and it is the belief of the front office that Boban will eventually be the starting centre for the Sonics. For now, though, he is one helluva backup.

Contract Situation

Boban has a very reasonable contract for a player as productive as he is. He’s not going anywhere.

Shaun Livingston
51 GP (6 GS) – 7.5PPG – 5.3APG – 1.2SPG - .517 FG - .153 3PT

Despite losing a significant amount of games through injury, Shaun Livingston had a solid season as the backup point guard for the Sonics. He offers something completely different to Mills: he’s a tall, pass-first point guard, that can defend three different positions. The only reason why he’s not a starter is because his shooting range is relatively limited - but aside from that, he’s a great backup point guard for what the Sonics are looking to achieve.

Contract Situation

Due to some stalling by the Sonics’ front office, Livingston is an unrestricted free agent this season. But despite arriving at an impasse on contract extension talks, Livingston still appears to have the desire to be re-signed by the Sonics. As far as retaining players, Livingston will likely be the priority for the Sonics this offseason.

Amir Johnson
58 GP (21 GS) – 9PPG – 5.2RPG – 0.9BPG - .558 FG - .203 3PT

It was a pretty unlucky season for Amir Johnson. After the expansion draft, Johnson was predicted to be one of Seattle’s key players – potentially a second or third option. Unfortunately, his initial injury and the emergence of Andrew Nicholson relegated Johnson to the bench for most of the season.
Johnson had a good season from the bench for the Sonics. He helped solidify the Sonics’ defence and rebounding, and was a pretty solid scorer without having many plays run for him.

Contract Situation

Johnson will be an unrestricted free agent. He’s earning $12M this season and will likely be looking for an opportunity to be a starting power forward once again. Both the salary and the role expectations might deter the Sonics from retaining his services.

Nick Young
71 GP – 9.8PPG – 1.4RPG – 0.6APG - .503 FG - .392 3PT

Nick Young really came out of nowhere to be one of the surprise performers off the bench. He started outside of the rotation, but Swaggy P couldn’t be denied after some explosive performances. Young can be the star on any given night, but his lack of consistency is what keeps him from being one of the league’s offensive stars. Right now, his best role is off the bench as a microwave and it’s one he excelled in through various games over the season. The biggest question is, which Nick Young will we see in the playoffs?

Contract Situation

The ball is in Young’s court this offseason, as he has a player option worth $5.67M. He could potentially opt out and go for a larger, long-term contract, or stay on with the Sonics and continue to be a microwave for a team on the rise. While the Sonics are unlikely to offer him the large contract he could ask for, they would be more than happy to retain him if he exercises his player option.

Vince Carter
77 GP (17 GS) – 7.3PPG – 1.4RPG – 0.9APG - .505 FG - .331 3PT

VC had a great backend of the season and he looks like a player who could still have a season left in the tank. Every now and then, we see flashes of the Vinsanity that enraptured the NBA fans earlier in Carter’s career, but for the most part, he’s used primarily as a spot-up shooter.

For a guy who was mostly known for his explosive athleticism in his prime, Carter has adapted his game extremely well for his twilight years in the NBA.

Contract Situation

Vince announced his retirement earlier in the season, but has since expressed a desire to play on for an extra season with the Sonics. If he’s willing to accept the veteran’s minimum, there’s every chance Vinsanity could be back for another campaign in Seattle.

David Stockton
59 GP (12 GS) – 6.3PPG – 5.2APG – 1SPG - .386 FG - .354 3PT

With Patty Mills and Shaun Livingston getting injured at various time during the season (at one point, at the same time), David Stockton was thrown in the deep end early. Early on he made a case for the Most Improved Player award, as he did an admirable job as the team’s playmaker. The play of Stockton even made the Sonics stall on their extension talks with Shaun Livingston. However, as the season went on, Stockton’s numbers came back down to Earth and eventually he found himself out of the rotation. Issues with turnovers and modest shooting percentages were probably his biggest downfall.

Since Stockton only played two career games beforehand, the 16-17 season could be seen as a step in the right direction for the Spokane native. But it might not be enough for the Sonics to seriously consider retaining him.

Contract Situation

Stockton is an unrestricted free agent in the offseason. He has expressed his interest in testing the market and the Sonics will probably take the opportunity to upgrade their third point guard option.

Tony Snell
40 GP (14 GS) – 7.1PPG – 2.6RPG – 0.5BPG - .417 FG - .269 3PT

Tony Snell showed a lot of promise at the beginning of his time with the Sonics. In fact, when Wilson Chandler got injured, Snell was rushed into the starting lineup and looked the part with some impressive games. However, Snell was relatively overlooked when Wilson Chandler came back from injury and his limited playing time didn’t really allow him to perform with any consistency.

Contract Situation

Snell is an unrestricted free agent. He wants to stay, but it’s likely that the Sonics will look elsewhere.

Chris Andersen
31 GP – 4PPG – 2.1RPG - 0.3BPG - .762 FG

With the often-injured Andrew Bogut and sophomore-centre Boban Marjanovic ahead of him in the rotation, it wouldn’t be too farfetched to believe that the Birdman would have had more opportunities this season. However, both Bogut and Marjanovic stayed healthy throughout the regular season, and proved to be one of the best defensive centre rotations in the league.

Andersen was fairly solid in the limited minutes he was given this season. He’s still a strong rebounder and rim protector, and like the other centres on the team, he shot a high percentage from the field – albeit, from mostly layups and dunks. In any case, he’s a solid veteran presence to have on the end of the bench.

Contract Situation

Birdman will be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason. Since he probably won’t be asking for more than the veteran minimum, it’s probable that Andersen will be offered a contract by the Sonics - that’s if he chooses to play on.

Nick Collison
19 GP – 4.5PPG – 2.2RPG – 0.6APG - .500 FG - .071 3PT

Nick Collison was the sentimental pick in the expansion draft and was always just going to be in the roster as an insurance policy. Collison was okay in the few games he did play… even if he took a few too many threes.

Contract Situation

Collison is an unrestricted free agent this offseason. He’s another one of those guys the Sonics could retain for the veteran minimum. However, the Sonics are likely to weigh up the options before deciding to re-sign Collison.

Kevin Martin
36 GP (1 GS) – 5.4PPG – 1.3RPG – 0.7APG - .437 FG - .392 3PT

Kevin Martin had some moments in the inaugural Sonics season. He completed the first 4-point play for the re-emerged franchise and generally shot pretty well for a guy who was used purely as a spot-up shooter. However, with both Arron Afflalo and Vince Carter proving to be durable and slightly more productive, Martin was quickly relegated to the Injury Reserve list when the team was at full strength.

Contract Situation

K-Mart is an unrestricted free agent. While it’s a possibility that the Sonics could retain him, it’s probably more likely that the Sonics will look to either draft a combo guard or sign a younger free agent.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:43 pm

NBA Playoffs 2017: First Round

Bench Players

Seattle Sonics
Boban Marjanovic, Shaun Livingston, Nick Young, Amir Johnson, Vince Carter, Tony Snell, David Stockton, Chris Andersen
IR: Kevin Martin, Nick Collison

Houston Rockets
Eric Gordon, Clint Capela, D.J. Augustin, Corey Brewer, Sam Dekker, Pablo Prigioni, Montrezl Harrell, Chinanu Onuaku
Team Leaders

SEA: Patrick Mills 16.4
HOU: James Harden 30.5

Rebounds

SEA: Andrew Bogut 10.1
HOU: Clint Capela 10.8

Assists

SEA: Patrick Mills 7.9
HOU: James Harden 6.3
Season Series: Houston 2-1
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (54-28 + SEAvHOU Preview)

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:04 pm

Patty Mills is definitely the team MVP. Can't say that I don't enjoy seeing that. Good luck against the Rockets!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Andrew wrote:Patty Mills is definitely the team MVP. Can't say that I don't enjoy seeing that. Good luck against the Rockets!

He's a fun player to control. As you would know, he has a good jumpshot in 2K.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:16 pm

NBA End of Season Awards 2017

Russell Westbrook came so close to be the second player ever to average a triple-double… but even without the milestone, Westbrook was always streets ahead of the pack.

Coming into the league with an absurd amount of hype, Ben Simmons picks up the award almost everyone expected him to pick up.

He still has a long way to go with his shooting, but the future appears to be very bright for Simmons and Australian basketball in general.

Looking at the numbers he produced off the bench, Brandon Knight was really the runaway winner of this award.

Knight brought wonderful energy off the bench each game, giving the Suns the ability to rest the often-injured Eric Bledsoe for significant stints.

A somewhat controversial pick, considering his low steal numbers… and let’s face it, if it wasn’t going to be Kawhi Leonard, most people were expecting Draymond Green to pick up this award.

In saying all that, the award historically has favoured rim protectors and DeAndre Jordan is probably the best in the league in that department.

Ladies and gentlemen, learn how to spell and pronounce this name, because the Greek Freak is just getting started.

It’s going to be amazing – and for opposing teams, frustrating – to see what he can do over the next few seasons.

The coach with the best record wins the award once again. While Milan Mack (Seattle Sonics) and Mike Wang (Baltimore Barons) both had a case for this award, it’s hard to argue against Steve Kerr.

All-NBA First Team

G: Russell Westbrook
G: James Harden
F: LeBron James
F: Kevin Durant
C: DeMarcus Cousins

All-NBA Second Team

G: Damian Lillard
G: Kyrie Irving
F: Kawhi Leonard
F: Paul George
C: Andre Drummond

All-NBA Third Team

G: Jimmy Butler
G: Kyle Lowry
F: Paul Millsap
F: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeAndre Jordan

All-Defensive First Team

G: Russell Westbrook
G: Jimmy Butler
F: LeBron James
F: Kawhi Leonard
C: DeAndre Jordan

All-Defensive Second Team

G: John Wall
G: Victor Oladipo
F: Paul Millsap
F: Draymond Green
C: Andrew Bogut

All-Rookie First Team

Ben Simmons
Brandon Ingram
Dario Saric
Buddy Hield
Caris LeVert

All-Rookie Second Team

Joel Embiid
Dragan Bender
Jaylen Brown
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
Denzel Valentine
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:20 pm

It's a great jumpshot...until the game decides it's not going to work online. ;)

Some solid award winners there. It's nice that we're past the days of really weird selections in franchise modes, and Sixth Men winners who barely get enough minutes to post realistic stats for a key reserve.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Would love it if you knock Harden out :cool: Grats to Bogut for making second team all defense! :applaud:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Kenny on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Andrew wrote:It's a great jumpshot...until the game decides it's not going to work online. ;)

Some solid award winners there. It's nice that we're past the days of really weird selections in franchise modes, and Sixth Men winners who barely get enough minutes to post realistic stats for a key reserve.

It's definitely good to see solid 6-man contributors around the league. I remember the award being a farce in NBA Live 10.

Valor wrote:Would love it if you knock Harden out :cool: Grats to Bogut for making second team all defense! :applaud:

He's such a pain in the ass in this game. He scores AND plays defence... not sim at all.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:31 pm

Game 1: Young and Mills Carry Sonics to First Playoff Win

The Sonics claimed their first playoff win as a reformed franchise with their 107-100 victory over the Rockets.

Nick Young provided a massive lift off the bench, with 25 points off 9-16 shooting, but it was Patty Mills that proved to be the team’s MVP once again. Mills took control of the Sonics on offence with 20 points and 14 assists, as well as grabbing 2 steals on the defensive end. Among the supporting cast, Arron Afflalo proved to be turnover prone (6) but added 18 points from 6-11 shooting. Wilson Chandler registered 13 points and 7 rebounds, while Andrew Nicholson had 12 points and 5 rebounds.

For the Rockets, Trevor Ariza was the unexpected high-point man with 23 points. He was also a pest on defence, recording 6 steals. James Harden was slightly below par with 20 points off 8-19. Eric Gordon added 12 points, but was inefficient from the field (4-13), while Clint Capela (11 points, 11 rebounds) and Patrick Beverley (11 points, 12 assists) both registered double-doubles.

Game 2: Nick’s Swag On Point Again, Sonics Take 2-0 Lead

Nick Young proved to be the X-Factor for the Sonics once again in their 110-103 win over the Rockets in Game 2.

Young exploded off the bench once again, scoring 27 points. Arron Afflalo had a much better game, scoring 19 points without committing a single turnover. Instead, it was Patty Mills who proved to be a little careless on offence. While the Aussie guard had 17 points and 12 assists, he shot a poor 7-21 from the field and committed 8 turnovers. Aside from Patty’s struggles, the Sonics had good production from their other starters, with Andrew Nicholson (16 points), Wilson Chandler (13 points) and Andrew Bogut (10 points, 14 rebounds, 4 blocks) all having meaningful contributions.

Unlike last game, the Rockets lived and died off James Harden’s production. The Beard ended up with 28 points and 9 assists, but shot 11-26 from the field. Patrick Beverley added 18 points and 8 assists, while Eric Gordon scored 16 off the bench.

The series now heads to Houston, with the Rockets looking to even up the series at home.

Seattle Sonics Lead 2-0
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (54-28 + SEAvHOU Game 1 + 2)

Postby Phil89 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Perfect start to the series (Y)

Hopefully Nick Young opts in to his player option for next season. He seems to be a very handy bench player.
My Stories
Phil89

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood