Beyond Frustrated with NBA 2k17 - Anybody??!

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Beyond Frustrated with NBA 2k17 - Anybody??!

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:12 am

A few things I DO like from the next gen 2k's (15 through 17)

1. Being able to keep the dribble on a step back
2. Amazing new dunk animations (2K17)
3. Signature sizeups/more combo dribble combinations

Otherwise, that's about it. But none of that matters when the game is interrupted by so many issues (as stated in the first post).
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby hedop on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 am

Tbh I think suddenly being sort of minor celebrities and adding egodriven youtubers to their ranks hasn't helped much either. Ever since 2k TV came along and KD openly praised the game even on Jimmy Fallon and what not and starting to have huge launch parties with a bunch of Allstars the product has started to go down the drain. Now I appreciate that we'd all be more focused on getting into Rachel's pants then ironing out issues on the game but to me it's concerning when I see what's going on. Ronnie2k the so called community manager is probably one of the most unresponsive people in the whole team. He doesn't respond to anything on twitter, he has no clue about anything if he is asked to talk about the game and he posts once every year on the steam forum to announce the release of the game.

It's also worrying when you suddenly get nicknames or get a caption under your name in videos that say anything besides: "developer" or "technical advisor". For some reason Scott O'Gallagher is now Scott OG (wonder where that came from) and needs to be introduced in every video with his, comparatively, laughable pro-basketball credentials. All that culminates in whole episodes being devoted to some badly dressed and gaptoothed "gamers" who share their "philosophy" of the "game" with the rest of us and the whole rubbish being treated like the real NBA Playoffs because they suddenly got it into their heads to become the granddaddy of E-Sports.

Leftos is the only guy ever to respond to anything and then actually fix the issue within a couple of hours (MyGM problem that rule changes you don't want still got league approval). LD2k, DaCzar and all those other half-celebrities never bothered. That to me is also a a major problem. Some of them are active on OS and are worshipped like gods there so you dare not question anything or you will be banned (I'm banned there permanently for ever and ever and am not allowed to even register as a reader ever again for exactly that reason). The 2k Forum themselves are dead. Now I appreciate that maybe the time of forums is coming to an end even though I think from an organisational point of view and for logging bugs a forum is a much better way to keep track of things and communicate but that simply can't be the answer. You have a community manager but ultimately no community to speak off.

Like I said my issues for further than mere gameplay because I'm tired of dealing with the same stupid legacy issues for years now and I'm tired of being forced out of playing MyCareer for MyCareers sake. I don't wanna play ProAM or MyPark. I want to play by myself and I don't want to grind my brain out for 150 hours to get ONE player up to 86... one. I remember in 2k15 and 2k14 I used to have like 5 Careers, one on every position. I wanna properly try out every position and every possible setup to find the one that best suits my playstyle and I'd like to actually try out animations on my player first before purchasing them. Well... anyway... I'm preaching to the choir here. It's just annoying.
hedop

Postby StyxTx on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Andrew wrote:Haven't noticed any difference in movement/responsiveness in MyCAREER or 2K Pro-Am lately myself.

I just quit a career game.

I received a pass, all alone under the basket, only player on that half of the court. I could not get my player to move at all. Wouldn't shoot. Wouldn't run. Wouldn't walk. BUT....by the time the other center finally made it to where I was, suddenly my player shoots right into a block.....without me doing anything to try to get my player to shoot. I wasn't even holding the controller at this point having thrown it on the table.

This had not been happening until this past week or so.

If it keeps happening I'm deleting. Can't play the game like this. This REALLY sucks.
Last edited by StyxTx on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StyxTx

Postby StyxTx on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:04 pm

Andrew wrote:To be fair, there have been improvements these past few years in certain areas. Unfortunately, other areas seem to have taken a step backwards, have gone in the wrong direction, or simply remain problematic. It's also worth noting that if making a flawless (or near enough) basketball video game and resolving every single issue was easy, it would have been accomplished by now.

Or the idea if they released a "perfect" game the cash flow would drop like a rock after that cuz what could they use as a selling point from then on? Everything is perfect.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:24 pm

That definitely sounds frustrating, but yeah, I haven't experienced that myself.

Even if NBA 2K17 was perfect in what it was, there'd be ways of selling NBA 2K18. Achieving that level of perfection/near-perfection is easier said than done. If making flawless video games was easy, it'd have been achieved by now. That doesn't mean we can't and shouldn't point out flaws, of course; especially when something was working before, and isn't now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Andrew wrote:That definitely sounds frustrating, but yeah, I haven't experienced that myself.

Even if NBA 2K17 was perfect in what it was, there'd be ways of selling NBA 2K18. Achieving that level of perfection/near-perfection is easier said than done. If making flawless video games was easy, it'd have been achieved by now. That doesn't mean we can't and shouldn't point out flaws, of course; especially when something was working before, and isn't now.

That's what is really pissing me off with 2k. They keep tinkering with things that aren't broken, and in doing so break them, while not fixing things that were already broken. I thought the game was ok when it first came out but I am seeing more and more things getting worse as time goes by. It happened last year and the year before. Exactly what are they doing? :?
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Over-adjustment seems to be a problem, resulting in the solution being worse than the original problem. Getting that balance between online and offline play also seems to be an issue, though as I said, the changes haven't exactly solved the problems online either. As it stands, I personally have a more consistently enjoyable experience in MyCAREER compared to 2K Pro-Am, because of some of the cheesy builds and exploits opponents are making use of.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TheKnightSlayerKing on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:09 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Newly released without any patching. The game plays wonderfully. Just like they said in previews and dev talks. The moment 2k starts patching the game based on the whiny feedback of crybabies who need to learn how to play... The gameplay falls apart.
TheKnightSlayerKing

Postby hedop on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Andrew wrote:Over-adjustment seems to be a problem, resulting in the solution being worse than the original problem. Getting that balance between online and offline play also seems to be an issue, though as I said, the changes haven't exactly solved the problems online either. As it stands, I personally have a more consistently enjoyable experience in MyCAREER compared to 2K Pro-Am, because of some of the cheesy builds and exploits opponents are making use of.

Maybe that should be changed in general. No offense to the apparently godlike MyPark and ProAM pros but the stuff most players do there is garbage and not basketball. So why tweak the offline portions where you play real basketball against the CPU or friends, plays are called, defensive rotations set up etc. Like the time the continuously changed the release points of certain shots. Leave offline stuff alone as long as there isn't anything broken with it and tinker all you want with MyPark and ProAM for all I care.
hedop

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:49 pm

I agree. In fact, as someone who has come to like getting on and having a few games of Pro-Am with the guys each week, I'd like to see it become more realistic, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:14 am

TheKnightSlayerKing wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. Newly released without any patching. The game plays wonderfully. Just like they said in previews and dev talks. The moment 2k starts patching the game based on the whiny feedback of crybabies who need to learn how to play... The gameplay falls apart.

On this note, I found an old .EXE that I backed up in early December (I forgot I had copied it). And I used that .EXE in offline mode, and the game plays MUCH better. Why? because its PRE most of the tuning updates and patches. The game doesn't feel nearly as clunky.

Those patches and tuning updates truly kill the game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby voidjointx on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:14 am

Man i really dont see 2k fixing their broken game it's all about MyPark now
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:08 am

YgTrece wrote:Man i really dont see 2k fixing their broken game it's all about MyPark now

I don't think they will for 2k17, and that's a shame. I recommend backing up your .exe's moving forward though (For NBA 2K18 and up).

Here is what I noticed using my old .exe.

1. Players were moving more naturally: Seems like less unrealistic slow animations
2. Less body steals/Body blocks: Yes, there are still MANY, but it seems like less.
3. Driving to the hook: It feels better, less forced animations (Forced fouls, etc)
4. Defense: It's still bad at times, but players seem to be rotating more.

The game still has MANY issues (Many legacy issues). For example, forced animations, some broken defense, passes that sail out of bounds (That any rec league player could make without a problem), excessive bumping.

BUT, I managed to somewhat enjoy 2 games last night with the old .exe.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:40 am

So, I have been passing along feedback in the form of the Wishlist and whatnot. I'm working on a more concise version that highlights some of the key issues; what would you say are the top 10-15 things that need to get better in terms of modes and gameplay?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Few days ago I've had an idea to start MyGM with Warriors (before KD injury, yayyyy). The sliders are somewhat modified one of the top sliders on PC (my changes were mostly just ramping up defence sliders for both teams).

Turns out the game plays pretty well which kinda confirmed my suspicions - the game is tuned for Warriors.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby voidjointx on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:33 am

Look at this it's not even funny
phpBB [video]
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 am

I love the 2k14 next gen graphics. They have not taken steps forward in my opinion, they have taken steps backwards. I feel like the players looked more like athletes as well.

Also, look at those sweet floor reflections.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:22 am

Andrew wrote:So, I have been passing along feedback in the form of the Wishlist and whatnot. I'm working on a more concise version that highlights some of the key issues; what would you say are the top 10-15 things that need to get better in terms of modes and gameplay?

In terms of gameplay:

1. Forced animations: When an offensive player turns the corner on his defender, and the defender is on his side, MANY times a game the defender is forced into an animation where he transfers in front of the offensive player, causing the offensive player to fumble the ball, it will either go out of bounds off the offensive player, or it will be a foul. These animations drive defensive users crazy, because they are not pressing the steal button, its a forced animation. Also, it drives the offensive player crazy, because they do the right thing by turning the corner on the defender and getting the defender on the back or side, but the forced animation ruins it. Also, forced shots when driving trying to do a jump stop. Many times you can have momentum going towards the hoop, and you tap the button to do a jump stop, instead of a jump stop, the player is forced into an animation into a defender where he chucks up a shot falling forward. This is also something that happens multiple times a game. Another issue is on the pick n roll, where the player you are using gets stuck on the pick setter and you can't move him, or your player is automatically cast aside (transferred) to a spot, where it is impossible to recover from. This is partly why Pick n Rolls are so hard to stop and can be really frustrating. Forced celebration animations that you can't get out of is a killer, and this happens in close games. Your player will be celebrating after a made shot, and the other teams offensive player will run up the floor WIDE OPEN because the player is still celebrating and caught in the animation. And of course because of the defensive issues in the game, that player is wide open to score. Forced animations also impact you in the form of causing defensive 3 seconds, and offensive 3 seconds, multiple times a game. Players just getting stuck on other players causes this. Excessive bumping is another major issue. The bumps make your player useless for 1-2 seconds, it takes too long to recover from a bump. It creates for some really ugly offensive possessions. If you are using an offensive player who is rated somewhat low in dribbling/speed/acceleration, which is actually a lot of guards and forwards in this game, you will have some truly ugly possessions. Forced charge animations right after your offensive player catches the ball is also a killer.

2. Slow Motion Moves: Slow motion layups and dunks are a huge problem in NBA 2K17, it takes away from the realism and makes good takes to the hoop look weak and makes them easy to stop. Nobody moves like that in real life, even if they tried. You can be going full speed to the hoop or on a fastbreak, and suddenly you go into a layup or dunk animation, and your offensive player slows down. Reverse layups are also deathly slow on a lot of occasions. And no, turning up the game speed does not fix the issue. Slow motion spin moves and slow motion dribbles cripple certain players ability to do anything on the floor. For example, Clyde Drexler. Clyde Drexler (without adjusting his attributes) cannot get by ANYONE, and its almost impossible to create a shot with him. Why? Because he dribbles so slow, and many of his moves are just in slow motion.

3. Passing mechanics: Nothing is worse than making the correct pass, and it being SO SLOW (lobbed) that a defender who is not even in the area has time to easily get a steal. Passes NEVER happen like that in real life, players are taught to put substance on each pass, and players are ripped out of games if they don't adhere to that. I get a lob pass (with a certain button) for say, a skip pass. But outside of skip passes, those slow motion passes just do not happen. Also, passes sailing out of bounds on routine outlet passes, that any rec league player can easily make (I play in 3 rec leagues right now). You will get a rebound with say, Dwight Howard, and he will try and outlet the ball to Schroeder, and Schroeder is WIDE open heading down the sideline, or even in the middle of the court, and the ball goes sailing over his head as he makes some strange frantic attempt to catch it. That never happens in real life. Also, you can go to make a push up the floor (make that initial pass as your teammate is running up the sideline) and he could be 15 feet in front of you, and the ball will sail over his head. This is really frustrating, because that initial pass to push the ball up the floor is a very realistic, and a very important part of any basketball game.

4. Protected shots: This is another big issue with this game. The fact that you can use a shooter like say, CJ McCollum, and have your defender 2 or 3 feet off of you (with space), and you go up to shoot and a forced wild shot occurs, causing a huge brick or even the ball not hitting the rim, is absolutely insane. This never happens in the NBA, and protected shots in this game happen even if the defender is a couple feet on THE SIDE of your offensive player. I understand if a player is getting guarded with tight D, if the shot has a lower chance of going in (If the defender is in the players shorts), but to cause so many wild misses and awkward looking animations is very unrealistic. And it ruins the flow. In fact, this also ruins the end of close games, where you will get a final shot off with what you THINK is space, but your offensive player wildly chucks up a protected shot (good shooter), and it has like a 5% chance of falling. That's not the way real basketball works.

5. Defense: The defense in this video game is flat out frustrating. From players getting back doored all the time (Defender just getting completely lost and just standing there), or players getting stuck on other players (which causes def 3 seconds, and just wide open shots and cuts all over the floor), or players running completely wide open up the middle of the floor (Someone like Rudy Gobert just strolling up the middle of the floor beating every defender on the fast break for a wide open dunk). The defense needs to be completely adjusted, its so frustrating. You as a human can only control one player at a time, when the defense is failing that often and when multiple players are failing at the same time, its impossible to stop the offense sometimes. Playing against the CPU isn't as tough, because they are not exploiting all of those defensive AI mishaps as much, but when you play a human and they KNOW about all the exploits. Its really frustrating. Either way, the defense needs a complete overhaul.

6. Running Plays: It takes far too long for players to start to go in motion when a play is called, in fact, I have given up on running plays outside of the quick plays. For example, Floppy. This play is for a shooter, where he goes on the baseline and uses a screen to pop out and get an open shot. Seems simple right? wrong... it takes that player like 8-10 seconds to even get himself into the initial spot under the basket (As he gets stuck on other players, stuck in animations, and fumbles his way to the spot), by the time he pops out, sometimes it takes a total of 12-14 seconds for the whole thing to happen, and by than you are at the end of the shot clock. This is not how it works in real life, running plays is near impossible in this game.

7. Body steals/Body blocks: It is SO EASY to get blocks in this game, even with PG's on C's. Why? because the ball is so easily jarred from the hands of athletes who have been taught all of there lives to hang on to the ball, but for some reason in NBA 2K17 they have all forgotten. Another reason is because of slow motion animations (see post 1), but literally you can block a shot with anybody. This is REALLY frustrating when you get by your defender (Say, you are using Paul George), and you go up for a dunk (which he cocks back, obviously), and little Isaiah Thomas blocks the shot.... I had 5 blocks with Thomas one game, all on unrealistic stuff like that. Players are taught all growing up to hold on to the ball, hold onto it firm, protect the ball. This has been completely lost in 2k17. Body steals drive me crazy, because in order to get one, you can literally use a defender and press up against the dribbler (or offensive player holding the ball) and somehow your body jars the ball out of the offensive players hands, and it falls to the floor. What? When have you ever seen that happen in the NBA? In NBA 2K17, it happens multiple times a game. Body steals/Body blocks destroy the flow.

8. Offensive flow (fastbreaks): The fastbreak system in this game needs a complete overhaul. On over 50% of 2 on 1's or 3 on 1's, if you are using the offensive player in the middle of the floor, your teammates flare out to the three point line... no matter who they are, they could be PF's or C's, but they are heading to the 3 point line, it destroys most fastbreaks. This is not realistic on any level. Players fill lanes (like they are taught in real life) seamlessly. I am not saying that they will finish every one, and yes some fastbreaks are muffled by good defense, but the fading out to the three point line all the time does not happen in real life.

9. Signature shots: Have any of you taken a shot with Jonas Jerebko or Amir Johnson? According to NBA 2K17, they have sweet jump shots (they are really getting off the ground!). I get it, it's a lot of work to choose signature shots accurately for players, and we as users can certainly edit them... however... some of these are NOT EVEN CLOSE. Current teams and classic teams have each team with poor signature shot selections. Jerebko and Johnson have set shots, they do not have the lift of a Ray Allen on a jumper (They don't shoot JUMPERS). Some things I've mentioned before, Isaiah Rider having a full signature copy job of Lebron James (Identical), and Nick Van Exel having Shawn Marions free throw, are just a couple more examples. I know it's a lot of work, but hey, if you dedicate one person to just signature shots for a decent amount of time (and watch these players on video), you can get it right. Heck, I am one person, and I have gone in and fixed most or all of them.

10. Attention to classic teams: I am really disappointed with the lack of attention to the classic teams. First off, if you have Erving in the game, why isn't the championship 82-83 Sixers in the game instead of the 84-85 sixers? I know, you didn't include the 84-85 Sixers in the game in 2k17, but I am talking about in the past and moving forward in the future. You have been including the 84-85 76ers without Barkley... and they didn't win the title... why not include the 82-83 76ers CHAMPIONSHIP team? Some of the classic teams selections don't make sense. With this year being the Kobe game, why were the 08-09 or 09-10 Lakers not added? You had the rights to most or all the players? People would have loved to use those teams. But lets get to the gameplay: The classic teams are grossly underdone in the speed and quickness departments, and the tendancies were rushed and are WAY off. You will sim a season, and you will have guards getting 0 to 5 blocks and like 15 rebounds in an entire season, and PF's and C's getting like 12 assists and like 4 steals in an entire season. This is a problem with the tendencies, and it makes using these teams in a MyLeague setting really frustrating and unrealistic. The classic teams and players deserve better.

Graphics/Atmosphere/Presentation:

1. Get back to the NBA 2K14 next gen Graphics: Lets get back to the days where we didn't have the skinny body type (players that look like me when I was 13), lets get back to the realistic reflections on the court, lets get back to that beautiful foggy look that sometimes the stadium has (especially seen on close ups with the players. I Still have 2k14 for X1, and I still cant get over how much better the game looks to me. The players looked more like athletes (And moved more like athletes).

2. Presentation: The replays at the end of the game, or when you select a player and view the highlights, are brutal. They are way too close up, and the camera jerks around, you can hardly see what is happening. The best highlights (For Halftime/Post game) were on 2k13/2k14. You could see what was happening and the camera was placed appropriately. I don't even like watching highlights on this game. The halftime highlights atleast get the broadcast view for them. Also, what happened to the "assist of the game", or special features like that? Before the 4th quarter, they used to have the State Farm assist of the game, in NBA Live, they have plays of the game, can something like that happen for 2k18? It would be a great added touch. The crowd atmosphere for the classic teams is dull and unrealistic. The chants resemble that of a high school game (with chants from what sounds like testosterone filled boys yelling "Defense" really fast with no other noise going on). The chants like this shouldn't even be in the game, it's not a high school game, its an NBA game. It doesn't remotely sound like real life. The classic teams stadiums are dark, dull, and boring. That is not in anyway realistic compared to real life when these teams played, or when it was viewed on TV. It doesn't add to the realism, it takes away from the realism.

Modes:

1. MyLeague Online: Not sure why you have a completely immersive online MyLeague, that leaves out the awards aspect of it. Otherwise, the mode is great.

2. MyTeam: Allowing only one difficulty level for MyLeague (all star) is frustrating. Because users have different skill levels. On all star, it is VERY easy to get steals and blocks. In fact, in 6 minutes quarters (because you are also forced into that), I had 9 steals with Mo Williams... 9 steals.... with Mo Williams. We should be able to change the difficulty level, and the quarter length in this mode. We should also be able to do the mode with a friend (locally), that would be amazing for those who don't just want to sit all alone and play in the dark. Just a team select screen that allows the second user to join the game.

Patches/Tuning Updates:

1. These are killing the game... I get roster updates, I get it. And I get slight updates to attributes as the season goes on. But the last few years, the crazy amount of patches/tuning updates, cripple the user experience. It changes the gameplay entirely from what it was at first release, creating a different more frustrating experience with each update.

If you could pass along this feedback to the Dev Team that would be great. I have logged over 800 hours into 2k17, logged almost 2000 hours into NBA 2k16, about 6000 Hours on 2k14, and over 1000 hours on 2k13. Let them know it's from an experienced user, and I hope that helps and pulls a little weight.

As always, thanks for passing along the feedback Andrew.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks. I'm going to have make the points a little more concise than that, but it definitely helps.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby diamenz on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Andrew wrote:So, I have been passing along feedback in the form of the Wishlist and whatnot. I'm working on a more concise version that highlights some of the key issues; what would you say are the top 10-15 things that need to get better in terms of modes and gameplay?

if i could chime in, and dee's already mostly hit on these, but these are my main gripes with gameplay:

- lack of urgency to defend the interior, and lack of rotation off of bad decisions on double teaming. btw, double teaming isn't just running at a guy and throwing your hands up - a lot of times it's not even fully commiting to the double, but just spooking the ball handler.

- fast breaks. michael jordan running to the 3 point line with a clear lane to the basket, and players not filling their lanes correctly even if they do cut to the basket. nuff said - you know what it is.

- clunk movement and not feeling like i'm controlling an athlete. my guess is this is part of 2k's anti-cheese mechanism, but offline players should not be paying for this.

- inability to get around your man with an open lane. all elite slashers need is a little bit of space, and they should be getting the hip riding animation.

- weird warping off of pull up jumpers. a lot of times if i'm sahotting off the dribble , my player takes extra steps or warps into the defender turning my open shot into a contested one.

i could go on, but we want to keep it short and concise. defense, fast breaks, double teams and player movement are my main gripes. and actually, to sum it all up in a nutshell, if think that sim heads are tired of online getting all of the attention, as well as offline gameplay suffering because of it.

on the other hand, i think the graphics are incredible. minus the lack of attention given to the legend aspects (jerseys, courts, faces and arenas), everything else is money. the skinny and fat body types could use some work though.

thanks andrew.
diamenz

Postby Rodzilla91 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:40 am

Sometimes I go back and play NBA 2k14 (last gen/pc). I liked 15, 16, and even 17, but with 2k17 the pace is a lot slower and it feels like the input is slower too, in 2k14 you can go fast or slow and control your movement. But I feel like there is a bit of "input lag" on 17 when you move your player, I feel it a lot during dribbles too. I also stuck with 2k14 for awhile because of a less forced mycareer, but you can only ignore the actually good and welcomed improvements for so long.

Even with how bad NBA Live 16 was, and how people obliterated EA with criticism, I thought it was kind of fun. Sure the animations are a bit robotic, and there's problems here and there, but if EA can make a Live up to snuff with what 2K seems to try putting out, then I'm all ears for them. 2K makes great games, but there's problems you realize that really change your opinion. Then again,when you're making hundreds, thousands, off people buying VC just to spam in mypark or play myteam with diamonds, you're not really thinking about trying to be the perfect game with absolutely no competition.
Rodzilla91

Postby CT4 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:17 am

Yeah Im getting frustrated at this game too. But I know I have to live with it as there are no other NBA or Basketball games out there (PLS BE GREAT NBA LIVE)

But thing that frustrates me the most is.......................RONNIE 2K.
Just look at his Twitter. Just cancerous. Everythings like ''The game is great, Im great, everyone loves me, got problems about game? HAHAHAHAHAHA I dont give a f*** Im ritcher than yall MUAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAH SUCK MY NUTZZZZZZ"

(Nah but honestly if you check his twitter you can say I nailed that)

Im some what happy that are some cool guys like Chris Manning, Mike Wang and that half bald guy whose name i forgot :lol: (shout out to Rachel too :P :cheeky: )

*sorry if i sounded childish

*screw that paid off dumbass TwoBros gaming. He blocked me on Twitter cuz I said he is Ronnie 2k long lost brother......LIKE WTF
Celtics and Kristaps Porzingis fan from Latvia.
Not much else to know really.
CT4

Postby StyxTx on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:42 am

CelticsPorzingod wrote:Yeah Im getting frustrated at this game too. But I know I have to live with it as there are no other NBA or Basketball games out there (PLS BE GREAT NBA LIVE)

But thing that frustrates me the most is.......................RONNIE 2K.
Just look at his Twitter. Just cancerous. Everythings like ''The game is great, Im great, everyone loves me, got problems about game? HAHAHAHAHAHA I dont give a f*** Im ritcher than yall MUAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAH SUCK MY NUTZZZZZZ"

(Nah but honestly if you check his twitter you can say I nailed that)

Im some what happy that are some cool guys like Chris Manning, Mike Wang and that half bald guy whose name i forgot :lol: (shout out to Rachel too :P :cheeky: )

*sorry if i sounded childish

*screw that paid off dumbass TwoBros gaming. He blocked me on Twitter cuz I said he is Ronnie 2k long lost brother......LIKE WTF

Never had Ronnie 2k on twitter. Never cared about what he had to say.
StyxTx

Postby StyxTx on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:11 pm

After getting completely fed up with the herky-jerky movement of my player in career and the slow-motion speed I decided to try an experiment and set the game speed up to 60. Even though it still has it's moments, it is flowing a lot better. I can even break away from defenders and when I try to move there isn't any hesitation. I also don't have to use turbo to keep up with people I'm defending, which I think really makes a difference because it seems the developers, in their many upgrades, have pretty much rendered turbo ineffective.

With the game speed set at 50, even with a 99 speed, I couldn't catch up to anyone, even the slowest players.

Anyway, I'm going to keep playing and see if this helps over time. I have played 4 games set on 60 with no real issue. Even the screw-ups happen rarely.
StyxTx

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Speaking of forced animations, when you lose the ball on a dribble move (because elite ballhandlers like Kyrie can't do a spin move around defender without losing the ball), the ballhandler is stuck in animation for good 2 seconds. Meanwhile defender is not, so they can immediately pick up the ball.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17