Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:57 am

Sorry to see Gibson go. He was a total pro, and developed into a solid player for them. Best of luck to him.

Aside from that...I'm so glad they didn't trade Butler. GarPax just can't make a shrewd deal to save their lives; there's no way they wouldn't have bungled a blockbuster involving him.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:39 am

Can't wait for the management to chime in

Imo this such a strange trade. One less shooter on the team. No more Taj to beast on the boards for....

Payne?!
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:43 am

Morrow's probably a better shooter than McDermott, so I don't mind that acquisition. It comes at the expense of Gibson's solid performance though, and that hurts. It's definitely puzzling.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 am

Probabaly? Its a wash for those 2. Morrow is 7yrs older though

Gibson was expiring so I guess its "something" they got for him

Really don't know how this trade improves the team

I really hope it's foot injuries as to why Payne stinks
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:50 am

"We needed to do something, so we made a trade." I'd say that's the long and short of it.

I wasn't expecting them to pull off anything brilliant, and again, I'm glad they didn't trade Butler away in some terrible deal. But, when the best you can say about a trade is "well, that could've been worse" and "that doesn't exactly improve the team"...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:57 am

At least we would know what direction the team is heading in if they did trade him

This abberation of a team may even make wade opt out this offseason
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:37 am

Same direction as they are now, only faster, I'd say.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:18 pm

air gordon wrote:This abberation of a team may even make wade opt out this offseason

What the hell are you talking about?! Member when they say they'll chase Chris Bosh? I member.

For me the only good thing about this trade is Joffrey Lauvergne. Pretty good big body stretch 4 guy who can also be a back-up C when needed. Everything will be forgiven if they pick up Terrence Jones.
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:26 am

Wade will just convince Bosh to sign wherever he goes

remember- the bulls traded 5 total draft picks for the rights to draft Doug Mcdermott.

Sorry, Andrew, i don't buy this Morrow argument of him being an upgrade. dude is shooting less than 30% from 3 this year

king joffrey (check how many blocks he has) and morrow are both on expiring contracts. they gone next year
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:58 am

Over the course of his career, he's been a better shooter. But yeah, fair point, he's not had a good year at all. I guess I'm putting too much faith in the idea that he could recapture his past form, but since he's not a long term solution, guess it doesn't really matter anyway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:17 am

Damn it, Felicio. :lol:

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:57 am

So far it's Valentine taking the minutes. Morrow, grab some bench with your crappy new shooting form

Bulls due for a letdown of course
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:47 am

Time to see what Valentine can do at the NBA level, I guess.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:09 am

You think morrow should be getting his minutes instead?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:16 am

No, I didn't say that. Valentine hasn't had too much of a run this far, so it seems he'll get a chance to show whether he does have potential, or whether he's another McDermott.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:21 am

Gotcha. Management did grace us with the young guys will play PR spin for the gibson-dougie deal
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:25 am

As long as they're not pitching the "more athletic" angle with Valentine and expecting us to believe it. Other than that, I'm trying to remain open-minded about him for now. Gotta give him a chance to play some consistent minutes before he can be written off.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:33 am

Haha they'll never live that down

My bag with recent picks is that they've come from established programs and are "experienced" but are having a hard time adjusting to the NBA game. Portis specifically defense.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am

Probably not a lot of help coming in this year's Draft, either. The pick is either going to be just outside the lottery, and if they do miss the Playoffs, they probably won't end up defying the odds either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:16 am

So is it time for this shit show to officially become the tank show? Going through a tough stretch of games that can knock them out of the playoff race

When's their next game on TNT? They are a lock to win that one
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:03 am

Reports says that they're targeting a shooter in the draft. Here we go again... Nurkic is beasting in Portland while they have Cameron Payne instead, Michael Reinsdorf cares more about keeping their sponsors happy instead of having a competent team, and the front office don't know what direction they want to go... Jerry Reinsdorf said that if he dies, he wants the White Sox to be sold I hope he'll consider it with the Bulls as well.
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:31 am

I don't know. Sometimes it feels the team is backwards, if they try to tank, they'll probably make the Playoffs.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:03 am

Recorded the Bulls/Celtics game this morning, in case it was a good one. Checked the score; I think I'll delete the recording.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:02 pm

keep 'em coming and shut down butler why you' re at it. i think he's hurt. probably he and wade are shaking their heads about the pile of garbage they got from the OKC trade. i heard Rose and Sage were ripping them a new bunghole for that deal and how terrible CP22 is

seriously i wonder if wade will turn down 20 something million to get away from this shit show.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:15 pm

air gordon wrote:keep 'em coming and shut down butler why you' re at it. i think he's hurt. probably he and wade are shaking their heads about the pile of garbage they got from the OKC trade. i heard Rose and Sage were ripping them a new bunghole for that deal and how terrible CP22 is

seriously i wonder if wade will turn down 20 something million to get away from this shit show.

he does not have many pay days left in him. be hard to say no to 20 mil. maybe if he didnt have his rings
Sauru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball