Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby NovU on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:35 pm

PHI fans seem to dislike Jahlil.

Yep. I would like some kind of deal to go thru though Jahlil might be the worst defensive big in the league. Just for the potential.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:42 am

Falls in line with management's philosophy of getting players whose styles that fit the 80's era instead the current era

Thoughts on getting Jrue holiday? If not by the trade deadline, how about off-season signing??
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:22 am

I'd take him over Rondo, sure. His health/durability might be a concern though, as he hasn't played more than 70 games since his All-Star season of 2013, and I think we've all seen enough of Bulls point guards being injured. Still, he has a good skillset, and he'd probably be a better gamble than Rondo. If nothing else, he's a stronger three-point shooter, so right out of the gate he would seem to be a better fit, and better fill a need.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Bulls will not fire GarPax

There goes another season of embarrassment and futility, hurrah!
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:18 pm

I think we need to coin a new term here. Changing the criteria or goal that's trying to be achieved is often referred to as moving the goalposts, the metaphor drawing comparisons to literally moving goalposts during a football match. It pops up as fallacy in discussions, and is a popular way to dismiss accomplishments ("He needs to win a championship...well, he needs to repeat...he needs to win without that teammate who's carrying him...he needs to win X amount of MVP awards..." and so on).

That's kind of what's happening with GarPax, but in the opposite direction. Instead of raising the bar with new goals that are positive things we would like to see happen, the bar is constantly being lowered in order to set new standards for futility that would be sufficient enough to fire them (and thus, avoid doing so). In this case, it's more "moving the sideline" (to make it more difficult to step out of bounds), or perhaps "raising the foul limit" (so they can keep on racking up infractions indefinitely). Personally, I like "hitting the snooze button"; the metaphor there suggests that although it's past time to wake up and get out of bed, ownership keeps hitting the snooze button so that they can sleep on the situation a little longer.

See, this is what's it's come to: discussing language and idioms, because it's a far less depressing topic to mull over than how the Bulls are going to get any better while those two numpties are still running the show.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:01 am

Haha well said

How oblivious to reality is forman? KC reports forman believes his plan of developing the young guys while remaining competitive is going well as planned
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:00 am

It definitely gives some insight into where the bar is set, what counts as being competitive. That's enough of a stretch as it is, but suggesting the young guys are developing nicely on top of that? Yikes.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:02 am

So would you be open to trading for carmelo Anthony?!? Knowing that forman can't draft and reinsdorf doesn't care what fans think

So assuming it's Butler and wade stay and most likely draft picks involved.. Would you do the deal??
Jump.
air gordon

Postby mp3 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:49 am

I would (y)

I've got nothing against Melo I think he's an amazing player but he wants and wanted the knicks to try and win now when it was clear we needed to rebuild. I just wish we could undo the Derrick Rose trade and then we wouldn't of wasted money on Noah.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:37 am

Yeah, I'd be open to trying out a trio of Butler, Wade, and Melo.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 am

phpBB [video]

Ugh. Just...ugh.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:55 pm

mp3 wrote:I would (y)

I've got nothing against Melo I think he's an amazing player but he wants and wanted the knicks to try and win now when it was clear we needed to rebuild. I just wish we could undo the Derrick Rose trade and then we wouldn't of wasted money on Noah.

the noah situation is sad. i wanted him to do well in nyk. his salary is on the books for 3 more years. yeesh

i would laugh so hard if the bulls got 'melo. another get young and athletic move :lol:

if the knicks would want the spare parts and draft picks, i wouldn't blame the bulls for trying
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:27 pm

air gordon wrote:i would laugh so hard if the bulls got 'melo. another get young and athletic move :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised, it'll be another "should've been done 3-5 years ago not now" move from GarPax, as we've already seen with the Wade signing.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Melo's a few years younger than Wade at least, though he too is obviously only going to go downhill from here. As long as they don't give up Butler, I wouldn't mind the experiment. It's not like the current group is going to go places.

Meanwhile, good win over the Raptors.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:53 am

getting melo would be hitting the speed button once on a treadmill that's stuck on slow.

it would put them in a hole even further long term while the short term gain isn't worth it.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:24 am

Can Niko even garner an early 2nd round pick??

I think this guy is a goner
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:27 am

He probably could, but GarPax will go one step further and trade him for a non-existent third round pick.

Gotta admit I'm disappointed when it comes to Niko. He's shown flashes, but before he came to the Bulls, he was being hyped as the next coming of Pau Gasol. My fault for getting my hopes up I suppose, but I kept hearing he was supposed to be something special.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:40 am

Yep. BUST. I tried defending him based on the fabulous March a few years back. Now he can't even make 3pters

Ring the shame bell.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:21 am

So much for pace and space Hoiball making him a star. In fairness to Hoiberg though, it seems his game just isn't translating to the NBA level. Well, either way, time to move on.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 am

Report: Lakers and Bulls engaged in Jimmy Butler trade talks

According to a report from Mike Adamle of NBCChicago.com, the Bulls and Lakers have discussed a deal that would send Jimmy Butler and Michael Carter-Williams to Los Angeles in exchange for Louis Williams, Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle.

While Adamle is the only one reporting this rumor at this time, he has since doubled down on the fact that trade talks are ongoing as he is reporting that Chicago has attempted to re-engage Los Angeles in trade talks now that Magic Johnson is running the show for the Purple and Gold.

I'm not sure I can really get excited about that.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:44 am

So the Bulls get westbrook's dance partner Cameron Payne and spare parts for taj and Dougie buckets

Don't know much this dancing kid but I suppose he's the latest guy to be named the starting pg

Happy for taj to go to a playoff team. Another draft bust in McDermott. Thanks GarPax

Definitely would have been better off with Gary Harris and nurkic then McDermott
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:45 am

What the hell are the Bulls doing.....
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:58 am

"The centerpiece going to Chicago is 2nd-year PG Cameron Payne, who has a PER of 6.1 this season. Of the 353 players with at least 300 minutes this season, Payne ranks tied for 349th with Chicago's Paul Zipser."
benji

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:16 am

Don't be salty you didn't get Gibson ;)
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:26 am

air gordon wrote:Don't be salty you didn't get Gibson ;)

I would have loved to see Taj on the Celtics, I love his game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball