HELP about modding (pls take a look)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

HELP about modding (pls take a look)

Postby onracr_ on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 pm

I've checked every tutorial, every page but i couldn't find where to put .iff files. I simply wanna play with short shorts in MyGm with current team jerseys. Is it possible?

Btw there are no nba2k17 files in user->nba2k17-> etc.
onracr_

Re: HELP about modding (pls take a look)

Postby onracr_ on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:05 pm

i bought the game from steam and i put everyting like nba exlorer, external file plugin in steam->nba2k17 folder.
onracr_

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:22 pm

NBA 2K17 External File Plugin download this.

Place the downloaded files into the main nba 2k17 folder, where you have 0A,0B etc.

Whenever you want to apply a mod, place the ***.iff files inside the "modded" folder. That should do the trick.
I Hate Mondays

Postby onracr_ on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:13 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=8772 download this.

Place the downloaded files into the main nba 2k17 folder, where you have 0A,0B etc.

Whenever you want to apply a mod, place the ***.iff files inside the "modded" folder. That should do the trick.

Ok, i've done all of these. i put the files from clothing into the clothing file in Modded. However, nothing's changed.
As you can see in the image, i'm trying to change to short lenght for to use in myGm only. However, in iff editor when i select the jersey iff's .RDAT file, i change shorts type from NONE to RETRO but after i make a save and reopen the same .iff file i see SHORTS TYPE remains to be unchanged. Could you help me please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
onracr_

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:18 am

onracr_ wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=8772 download this.

Ok, i've done all of these. i put the files from clothing into the clothing file in Modded. However, nothing's changed.
As you can see in the image, i'm trying to change to short lenght for to use in myGm only. However, in iff editor when i select the jersey iff's .RDAT file, i change shorts type from NONE to RETRO but after i make a save and reopen the same .iff file i see SHORTS TYPE remains to be unchanged. Could you help me please?

That's out of my reach, sorry. Never played with those parameters you mentioned. Someone who is better at this should help you
I Hate Mondays

Postby onracr_ on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:03 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
onracr_ wrote:

That's out of my reach, sorry. Never played with those parameters you mentioned. Someone who is better at this should help you

Thanks anyway :)
onracr_

Postby PeacemanNOT on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:27 am

The file that controls the shorts is in the .RDAT file stored in the iff file. What you will need to do is get 7zip first. Now find a RDAT file that has "RETRO" shorts (possibly from the '98 Bulls etc), then rename it to the RDAT file you want to change and place it into your iff file using 7zip (open archive).

Keep in mind this will also change the collar type, if the jersey has an NBA patch etc.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby onracr_ on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:48 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:The file that controls the shorts is in the .RDAT file stored in the iff file. What you will need to do is get 7zip first. Now find a RDAT file that has "RETRO" shorts (possibly from the '98 Bulls etc), then rename it to the RDAT file you want to change and place it into your iff file using 7zip (open archive).

Keep in mind this will also change the collar type, if the jersey has an NBA patch etc.

Yeah i figured that out and did that already but players became invisible :( i guess it's a much more complex job than i think ..:) I don't know if you're in touch with the dev team of nba 2k but there are so many little things that spoil the gameplay (e.g. length of shorts or absurd signature styles or unchangable sock colors etc.) Most of the problems for me is caused because of the inadequacy of the edit section as you understand :) Game will be perfect 10 if they'd correct those things..
onracr_

Postby Michaelagiri on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:07 am

I also want to change shorts to retro shorts but I don't know what to do...I have cheat engine and nba2k explorer I need help to play in retro shorts
Michaelagiri

Return to NBA 2K17