Serge Ibaka Traded to the Raptors

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Serge Ibaka Traded to the Raptors

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:01 am

"The Toronto Raptors have reportedly acquired Serge Ibaka from the Orlando Magic in exchange for Terrance Ross and a 2017 1st round pick. Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical was first to report the deal:"

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/02/14/report-serge-ibaka-toronto-raptors-trade-orlando-magic-terrence-ross/?rss=true
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Serge Ibaka Traded to the Raptors

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:21 am

Solid trade for the Raptors. Ibaka is an instant upgrade at power forward, and Ross' minutes have been declining the past couple of seasons, so it would appear that he was expendable. At the same time, it's a fresh start for him as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby volsey on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:42 am

Good pickup. While Ross certainly has some flashy highlights, and can be the eruptive spark you need at times, he was just sooo inconsistent, and I really questioned whether he's wanted out of Toronto for awhile. Be interesting to see how he does if given consistent minutes in ORL
volsey

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:45 am

volsey wrote:Good pickup. While Ross certainly has some flashy highlights, and can be the eruptive spark you need at times, he was just sooo inconsistent, and I really questioned whether he's wanted out of Toronto for awhile. Be interesting to see how he does if given consistent minutes in ORL

I agree, great pickup for the Raptors. Makes me fear for my Celtics a little, I was hoping the C's would make a move for him.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Poor Mario Hezonja, he's getting buried deeper in that bench.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Phil89 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Decent haul for Orlando, considering Ibaka reportedly wasn't going to re-sign with them.

Hopefully Serge can regain his best form in Toronto and help them seriously challenge Cleveland this year.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby volsey on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:13 am

Phil89 wrote:Decent haul for Orlando, considering Ibaka reportedly wasn't going to re-sign with them.

Hopefully Serge can regain his best form in Toronto and help them seriously challenge Cleveland this year.

Could make for a great series in the least, as long as Kyrie and Derozan don't fade away come playoff time. Really looking forward to watching how this all works out.
volsey

Postby Lamrock on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:57 am

This is a great deal for both sides. Ibaka is the prototypical modern power forward, boasting the defense and shooting that is coveted at the position. Even though he was in the same 1980 high school graduation class as Thon Maker, he should still have some decent years left in him.

If you don't consider the deals that preceded this, Orlando made out well. Don't see how Hennigan still has a job though...
Lamrock

Return to NBA & Basketball