The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:19 am

Melo for Love? Well, Phil is ambitious, gotta give him that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:40 am

Derek Fisher says he got more from less talented Knicks team

As he nears the one-year anniversary of his firing, Derek Fisher said the New York Knicks were doing a better job with less talent when he was head coach than they are now under Jeff Hornacek.

Team president Phil Jackson fired Fisher on Feb. 8, 2016, after the Knicks started the season 23-31. This season's Knicks are 21-28 entering Tuesday's game in Washington, with a roster assembled to win now.

"We were able to take a team that wasn't as talented as the team they have now, and we were much better and much further along than this group is that they have now," Fisher told Bleacher Report. "Because the foundation was being laid.

Mind you, Fisher did make reference to the Knicks being able to win 60 games prior to the season in which he got fired.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:30 pm

He does have a point though, the Fisher lead knicks lost every game but the effort was there while the new knicks take too many plays off.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:26 pm

There were also fewer big names on the roster, gotta give him that as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:56 am

NBA Finds 14 Incorrect Calls in Knicks-Hawks 4OT Thriller

http://fansided.com/2017/01/30/nba-find ... -thriller/

Hope they never work another Knicks game.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:06 pm

As usual, I kind of like the transparency, as it lets us know that the NBA does evaluate the officiating. At the same time, fat lot of good it does now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Didn't they miss a call when the Greek hit the game winner were he had his back to the basket backing down for 6 seconds but they missed it.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Yeah there's been a few noteworthy errors acknowledged so far this season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:57 am

Sickening, just sickening what I saw last night. Even KP has regressed (not surprising, considering it's the Knicks). It was so bad the crowd cheered for Artest. These clowns are stealing money, including Phil Jackson, who has proven to be just as incompetent as Isiah Thomas.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2965852

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2966664
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:12 pm

I'd keep the young core and Jennings and even O'Quinn has impressed at times but Melo, Rose, Noah, Lee have all being garbage.

Melo may put up numbers but he only gets his own and never buys into a system that isn't iso.
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:27 am

Instead of arresting Oak, they should have arrested James Dolan for ripping off Knick fans the past 15 years.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1864 ... are-garden

UPDATE: The dude who filmed the whole thing (season ticket holder Ryan Berger) is on with Mike Francesca right now. According to him, Oak said nothing, and didn't become abusive until he was surrounded by security.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:14 am

Definitely an unfortunate situation. Meanwhile, Spike Lee has made his thoughts be known on the Melo-Jax conflict:

Legendary director and superfan Spike Lee didn't hesitate when asked if he would choose to keep team president Phil Jackson or star forward Carmelo Anthony with the franchise.

"I'll pack Phil's bags for him," Lee told Tencent-ESPN's Steve Zeng.

The latest Jackson-Anthony drama stems from Jackson's tweet Tuesday that referenced a column published on Bleacher Report that was critical of Anthony.

"I think I still believe in Carmelo, but Phil Jackson is making it very difficult for him," Lee told Tencent-ESPN on Wednesday.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:42 pm

this is another situation where people seem to be taking sides without any information what so ever.
Sauru

Postby mp3 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Who's the most disfunction team now Andrew??
mp3

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:00 pm

I reckon it's still a close race. The Bulls PR is terrible, and they're looking at retaining GarPax beyond this season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:49 pm

Sauru wrote:this is another situation where people seem to be taking sides without any information what so ever.

Considering Dolan's history, I'm taking Oak's side. My opinion is, Oakley bought a ticket. Attended the game. Dolan didn't like that he was sitting next to someone he dislikes. He had someone ask Oakley why he's sitting there. Oakley told them he bought the ticket. But Oakley likely got sensitive to Dolan questioning him and got loud when he felt they were staring at him. Dolan demanded he leave. Oakley felt he didn't have to because he bought the ticket. Security comes. Oakley flips out. Knicks do what they do best and lie to the media. .

NBA players putting the Knicks on blast:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2968502
Jeffx

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:53 am

This Oakley incident puts NYK in the lead as the most dysfunctional franchise

It would be great if Oakley said he longer is a fan and that fans should do the same as long as the owner/management remains
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby mp3 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:57 am

Oakley didn't like Dolan from day one and has always being publicly criteria of his moves with the team leading to words being said in the passed that got Jimmy thinking he needed a goon squad around him when Oakley was close.
mp3

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:52 am

Oakley isn't in the wrong from what I gather. It sounds like Dolan wanted him stopped before he even got to his seat, even before technically doing anything wrong. And Oakley hasn't been wrong of his critiques of Dolan. Look how dysfunctional this team has been for such a long time? Bad move after bad move, not only do they make bad moves in the form of trades and signings (players/coaches), they also don't handle the players well at all. Dolan is horrible with handling conflict, and Jackson is also helping with a path of destruction since he joined the Knicks.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:27 am

Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:43 am

Seems the security chief has been fired as well.

A nasty, petty power trip by an owner that makes Bulls brass look professional. Talking about safety and security is ridiculous, and I doubt anyone anywhere is buying it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Jeffx wrote:
Sauru wrote:this is another situation where people seem to be taking sides without any information what so ever.

Considering Dolan's history, I'm taking Oak's side. My opinion is, Oakley bought a ticket. Attended the game. Dolan didn't like that he was sitting next to someone he dislikes. He had someone ask Oakley why he's sitting there. Oakley told them he bought the ticket. But Oakley likely got sensitive to Dolan questioning him and got loud when he felt they were staring at him. Dolan demanded he leave. Oakley felt he didn't have to because he bought the ticket. Security comes. Oakley flips out. Knicks do what they do best and lie to the media. .

NBA players putting the Knicks on blast:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2968502

i am not sure either dolan or oakley is in the right here. of course more people will back oakley as he has a celebrity status but the fact remains that he was the one getting physical. its funny to me how lebron based barkley and then supports oakley the next week. this story thus far has been nothing but people jumping on sides for 1 reason or another. the idea that he "was a legend" should have no bearing on this event. just because someone is a celebritry does not mean they can do whatever they want.

like i said i dont think either party is in the right here
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 am

I thought Barkley et al had a good take on it. Dolan's pettiness is on full display, and it seems highly likely that he was trying to provoke Oakley and make him look like the bad guy. It's probably fair to say that Oak took the bait, and he has to bear some responsibility for getting physical; no matter who you are, you can't do that and not expect some consequences. Again though, it seems like Dolan had an agenda, and the way Knicks PR is smearing Oakley is pretty low. As Barkley said, no one comes out of the situation looking particularly good, but it does seem like Dolan was trying to create a situation that makes Oakley out to be a villain.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 am

Andrew wrote:I thought Barkley et al had a good take on it. Dolan's pettiness is on full display, and it seems highly likely that he was trying to provoke Oakley and make him look like the bad guy. It's probably fair to say that Oak took the bait, and he has to bear some responsibility for getting physical; no matter who you are, you can't do that and not expect some consequences. Again though, it seems like Dolan had an agenda, and the way Knicks PR is smearing Oakley is pretty low. As Barkley said, no one comes out of the situation looking particularly good, but it does seem like Dolan was trying to create a situation that makes Oakley out to be a villain.

Andrew, I'd trade the Knicks dysfunction for the Bulls any day of the week. At least the Bulls had some success under Thibs. Right now, the Knicks are lower than they were under Isiah, and he has a better record than Phil. That says it all. And this negativity is not good for Porzingis' development.

So tired of this sh*t......
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:59 am

Yeah, I'm going have to go back on my previous suggestion of the Bulls being the more dysfunctional franchise, or at least in the running. The Knicks seem to lead that race comfortably, unfortunately for their long-suffering fans.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball