Ben Gordon isn't done quite yet

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Ben Gordon isn't done quite yet

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:50 pm

The former Bull and Sixth Man of the Year is another player looking to return to the NBA, although he's also considering playing in Europe.

“I’m open to any contract offers, obviously the NBA is my main goal but if the offer in the EuroLeague is good, it will be a great opportunity for me,” Gordon said to TalkBasket. “End of the day though, I’m just going to look at my options and evaluate what’s best for me and if it falls in the NBA or the EuroLeague or elsewhere, then I’ll head there.”

Although he didn't turn out to be the star I hoped he might be and ultimately left the Bulls in 2010, it's a shame to see how his career has gone downhill since. He's still reasonably young, with a skillset that suits the shift towards players taking a lot of threes. I wouldn't mind it if the Bulls brought him back on an affordable deal, for some extra shooting off the bench, but a reunion is probably unlikely. Whatever happens, I hope it pans out for him.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Ben Gordon isn't done quite yet

Postby mp3 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:20 pm

He was playing with Team GB in some friendlys just before the summer in London (to little to late for us Brits) and he spoke about a possible nba comeback then, he wasn't to great in the GB games so not sure if he has any nba talent left in him but Europe, sure why not.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Valor on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:30 am

Shame what happened to him, I will always remember him helping the team sweep Miami in 07, and the back and forth 3 point duel he had with Ray Allen in that first round series in 09 (42 in game 2)

Hope he gets a gig somewhere, Europe or wherever.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:00 am

The 9/9 three-point game was a fun one to watch.

phpBB [video]

Another favourite moment would be this one:

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby benji on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:44 pm

I see some of these types of guys in the FA pool in 2K and wonder why their careers are dead in the water as they're still in what should be the end of their primes.

Like, you're saying the Spurs couldn't scrape the gunk off Ben Gordon for ten minutes of shot creating and bombing? He's not injured that I'm aware of like former teammate Emeka Okfaor has been.

Though I guess the Spurs did do that with the superior Kevin Martin last year. But like...Memphis or somebody?

Plus speaking of Bulls reserves, like Tyrus Thomas, how did he peak at age 22 and become unplayable by 25? And out of the D-League and some random German one by 29?
benji

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:27 am

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Murat on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:53 am

I looked at his wiki page... never knew that Warriors signed him 2 years ago
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:07 am

Yeah, it was looking like he might have a shot at a ring, but didn't make it through training camp.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:19 pm

benji wrote:I see some of these types of guys in the FA pool in 2K and wonder why their careers are dead in the water as they're still in what should be the end of their primes.

Like, you're saying the Spurs couldn't scrape the gunk off Ben Gordon for ten minutes of shot creating and bombing? He's not injured that I'm aware of like former teammate Emeka Okfaor has been.

Though I guess the Spurs did do that with the superior Kevin Martin last year. But like...Memphis or somebody?

Plus speaking of Bulls reserves, like Tyrus Thomas, how did he peak at age 22 and become unplayable by 25? And out of the D-League and some random German one by 29?

Could it be because NBA teams value potential more and like to play them over low ceiling has-beens?

Average lifespan that I read of NBA player is something like 4 years so that should mean most of players are on short leash and shown out the door as soon as rookie scale contract is up.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:33 am

Report: Several teams interested in Ben Gordon

"Gordon is 6-foot-3 and carries NBA career averages of 14.9 points and 40 percent shooting on 3-pointers. He is a shooting guard in a point guard’s body, but always seemed to find ways to get open and get off his shot against taller defenders.

Now, he all he wants another shot.

Several NBA teams are expected to take a look at Gordon following the trade deadline Thursday."
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball