Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:34 pm

Well...hanging in there in the top eight. That's probably the best you can say about things so far.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:43 am

Andrew wrote:#FreeZipser?

I'm just glad he is not terrible. Nice for a change a 2nd round pick played some decent ball in meaningful minutes

I accept they are bad but I think the most frustrating thing this year is you just don't know when they will have a good game. I've missed some Jimmy buckets hero and vintage Wade games because I just couldn't stand to watch them because of the previous game
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:48 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was hoping/expecting they'd be a bit better than this; not dominating the league or looking like a championship team or anything, but more competitive and fun to watch. Even setting the bar fairly low, they've been disappointing.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Wade is a disappointment. While he shows up every now and then, I was hoping more from him. Perhaps it was a wishful thinking considering his age and knees.

Rondo though has turned out to be a major bummer. Sooner the Bulls manage to find permanent replacement piece in his place(or Jerian Grant's), better the season will go. I think somebody like Rio Chalmers could become a very good for these Bulls team especially late in the season.

But not all is lost. Jimmy Butler seems like a true superstar. The Bulls can go to him more if more desperate measures need taken.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:40 am

Rondo still sucks but the role he was thought he was going to have went out the door once the bulls got wade. chalmers skillset makes sense. someone that could shoot defend. is that too much to ask?

Good ol' Wade telling how it is in January
"Yeah, listen, I wouldn’t lie to you and say no. Of course," Wade said following the morning shootaround at Amway Center. "I can’t play this game forever. I just turned 35 and I have a number in my head on how long I want to play. And at the end of the day you want to be in a situation, whether it’s a competitive situation or whatever it may be.

"It’s tough in this league, as well because a lot of it also depends on how much money you’re willing to make. It depends on what city you’re willing to be in. So it’s a lot of variables to that. But no question about it, what happens throughout this year as I go into my summer, I’ll definitely take a look at it. I take my career seriously, and where I am, where I want to be, and I will do the same thing this summer."
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:51 am

In other words, "it was nice playing in my hometown for a year".
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:25 am

And the drama continues. Butler and Wade blast the team after a blowing a lead to ATL.... specifically citing lack of effort, not caring, and basically tearing Niko a new bunghole

Looks like things are reaching a tipping point. Trade deadline is feb 23
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:57 am

Rondo's instagram wrote:My vets would never go to the media. They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off. My vets didn't care about their numbers. My vets played for the team. When we lost, they wouldn't blame us. They took responsibility and got in the gym. They showed the young guys what it meant to work. Even in Boston when we had the best record in the league, if we lost a game, you could hear a pin drop on the bus. They showed us the seriousness of the game. My vets didn't have an influence on the coaching staff. They couldn't change the plan because it didn't work for them. I played under one of the greatest coaches, and he held everyone accountable. It takes 1-15 to win. When you isolate everyone, you can't win consistently. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a bad teammate. My goal is to pass what I learned along. The young guys work. They show up. They don't deserve blame. If anything is questionable, it's the leadership.

As Mike Breen says it... BANG!
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:02 am

The lack of effort and caring seems to have been a theme since Hoiberg took the reins. Successful players should have their own drive and competitiveness, but as the person calling the shots, the coach has some responsibility for motivating players, holding them responsible and accountable, managing personalities, and so on. We've talked about whether Hoiball is effective or not, and whether it's just a case of Hoiberg not having the right players for it to work, but maybe there is an underlying problem of him not being an effective taskmaster. If so, that's going to be an issue no matter who the Bulls have on the roster. I believe Jimmy Butler has called him out a couple of times before about not being tough enough on them. The players need to take responsibility for their efforts (or lack thereof), but at the same time, the best coaches seem to know how to motivate and keep players in line. Perhaps that's something Hoiberg just can't do at the NBA level, for whatever reason.

As for the approaching trade deadline...on one hand I'd like to see them make a significant move, ideally reloading for the second half of the season, or at least setting themselves up to get better in the future. On the other hand, I don't really trust GarPax to make a great move. I can't help but think back to past deals that have yielded useless spare parts and protected picks. I'm all for them jettisoning Rondo, as long as they don't take a worse contract to do so. Might as well buy him out or take advantage of the second year of his deal not being guaranteed, if the offers are just going to put them in a worse position. I'd keep Butler, Wade, and probably Gibson too, but everyone else should be up for grabs...hopefully for more than a benchwarmer who's immediately cut, and picks they'll never get.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:58 am

Rondo makes a lot of sense. We're talking about the Bulls though. Not some first class organization ran my people that know what they're doing

I deducted wades and buckets comments were targeted at management. Sure the players suck but it was management that brought them in. How is Zipser getting minutes over Niko and McDermott?! Hoiberg has a hand at this also but not as significant as Andrew makes it. Wade spoke of players not caring when they lose- that's a result of the environment management created. Remove thibs, bring in a yes man, no one gets held accountable

Sidebar-I think Andrew had it right about Hoiberg a few posts back. Management has their guy who they just can walk all over and will keep quiet.

Ain't no trade gonna happen. The Bulls trade assets stink
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:13 am

Seems Rondo disagrees with Butler and Wade.

My vets would never go to the media. They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off. My vets didn't care about their numbers. My vets played for the team. When we lost, they wouldn't blame us. They took responsibility and got in the gym. They showed the young guys what it meant to work. Even in Boston when we had the best record in the league, if we lost a game, you could hear a pin drop on the bus. They showed us the seriousness of the game. My vets didn't have an influence on the coaching staff. They couldn't change the plan because it didn't work for them. I played under one of the greatest coaches, and he held everyone accountable. It takes 1-15 to win. When you isolate everyone, you can't win consistently. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a bad teammate. My goal is to pass what I learned along. The young guys work. They show up. They don't deserve blame. If anything is questionable, it's the leadership.

Of course, a stunt like that isn't much better.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:42 am

you miss Moz's post above? as i said earlier, Rondo makes sense but he was surrounded by 3 HOF'ers, a great coach, and a well run organization.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:05 pm

I did miss it, yes.

As much as I find Rondo to be hypocritical, both in criticising public criticism by making an equally public criticism, and the fact that he's got a history of being a headache, said hypocrisy doesn't automatically invalidate his point, and there is some sense to it. I don't think he's setting a good example as a veteran, or really helping anything with such a passive-aggressive post, but yeah, he does still have a point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:51 am

That was one long fancy sentence there, kind sir

This is great now that the story went national media!

Thank you, Rondo for being Rondo. GarPax- you made your bed. Now go sleep in it

I cannot wait for managment's response. My feet will be up while I eat my popcorn
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Valor on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:12 am

This is a bloody farce, absolutely disgraceful stuff (though I'm guessing we all expected it sooner or later). I literally started laughing when I read what Rondo said about him being a good teammate.

So here's whats been going on...Jimmy "likes controversy"; Gar spoke for 1 min-ish and took no questions; and apparently (and most alarmingly) Rondo has "great relationship" with the young guys

So our young guys are all heavily influenced by the little prick that is Rajon Rondo? Time to burn the farm and clean house I say. Roster spots 1-15, GarPax, Hoiberg. GET RID OF THEM :furious: :furious: :furious:

This has got to be the biggest disaster the franchise has had. Hoiberg is worse than Vinny Del Negro and just a tad better than Tim Floyd. Rondo is the worst signing since Ben fucking Wallace. Does he have a point in his little instagram post? Yeah maybe. Is he still a hypocritical little shit who destroys lockerrooms wherever he goes? Definitely.

Gosh it sucks being a Bulls fan :wall: :wall:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:22 am

Amen

I guess we shouldn't be surprised grandpa Simpson didn't take questions

A competent owner would have cleaned house already. Let's just hope this now national embarrassment can push Reinsdorf to it. Sad to say but a losing streak is needed
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:35 am

Makes you wonder what dirt Paxson has on the Reinsdorf family. Perhaps his long tenure with the team has simply bought him...well, tenure? Then again, I suppose as long as the team is making money and the people who have established power within the franchise get to wield it, no changes are going to be made. A little disheartening, to say the least.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:27 am

Woj Report: The Unraveling of the Bulls

Also, more on the aforementioned continued fallout.

“Um, I won’t lose sleep at night,’’ Rondo said when asked if his future with the Bulls was further in doubt. “I’m going to continue to be Rajon Rondo, and that’s all I can be. I’m going to come in here and work, do what I can for this team while I’m here. However they use me, that’s what it’s going to be.’’

I suppose if they were feeling particularly petty, they could bench him, and then release him after March 1st, so he couldn't sign on with a Playoff team. It wouldn't totally surprise me if they did that, though it would mean paying him to do nothing.

Also, looks like Butler and Wade won't start the game against the Heat as a disciplinary measure. Rondo isn't facing any discipline, though he's already coming off the bench anyway. So much dysfunction.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:22 am

Andrew wrote:Then again, I suppose as long as the team is making money

That sums it up nicely. Reinsdorf is a business man and unfortunately he is a loyal guy to a fault.

The more national stories piling on the Bulls, the better. Bulls bumping sacto off as most embarrassing ran franchise in the league

Just get rid of Rondo already. I think its clear no team will give anything of value for him. Buyout and done

And keep on losing. Time to get on the philly bandwagon
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:49 am

If they can get someone like Embiid, then I can trust in that process.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:52 am

They would pick that type of player but turn around and trade for him $1million, the rights to tyrus Thomas, and victor krapper :lame:
Jump.
air gordon

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:09 am

I can understand why some Bulls players want Wade to practice more, sure he's a legend but it's his first year with a new team and things haven't being going great either.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby NovU on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:27 am

Bulls' young guys are just not that good. They are all expendable and ain't gonna get you much back. I am not surprised Butler's been yanking at them all year last season and now Wade joins him on it.

Isn't Wade the best trade asset Bulls have? I think that option should be explored. Perhaps a pick and another young player with better potential.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:26 am

air gordon wrote:They would pick that type of player but turn around and trade for him $1million, the rights to tyrus Thomas, and victor krapper :lame:

You think they'd get that much in that situation? You're more optimistic than I am. ;)

NovU wrote:Isn't Wade the best trade asset Bulls have? I think that option should be explored. Perhaps a pick and another young player with better potential.

In terms of what they could get in return, I imagine Butler is their best trade asset.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:43 am

mp3 wrote:I can understand why some Bulls players want Wade to practice more, sure he's a legend but it's his first year with a new team and things haven't being going great either.
wade's been mostly bad on back to backs. not sure if him practicing more is going to help that.. or make him get back on and play defense

NovU wrote:Bulls' young guys are just not that good. They are all expendable and ain't gonna get you much back.

correcto which is why i do not think it's worth trying to build around Butler (and Wade) for another year.

Isn't Wade the best trade asset Bulls have?

incorrecto
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball