Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Vicerex on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:06 am

The more I play, the more I'm convinced the shooting sliders do not affect the CPU at all. I've yet to see them shoot less than 48% and I play very good on ball defense and it doesn't matter.

Just played a game where I shot 33% overall & 15% from 3PT; the CPU shot 53% overall and 43% from 3PT. It was hands down the worst game I've ever played in 2 decades of playing basketball video games. No matter how open I was I could not buy a basket, I was even missing easy layups with above average slashers. The CPU just simply could not miss, I could be in their face and they could shoot a fade-away and make it every time. Even if I hit them on drives they'd still power through it and make it, then of course get the and-1.

I'm playing with an expansion team in MyLeague so I have a very bad team (so bad my second best player is Darrell Arthur)...but still, I simply cannot defend the CPU. I just lost 123-80 in this game, I'd post a screen shot but frankly it's embarrassing. They out rebounded me by 27, and had 42 assists to my 9.

Not every game has been this bad, but it's been a struggle overall, and this game has proven to me that 2K has made some serious deep issues that sliders will most likely never be able to fix.
Vicerex

Postby Vicerex on Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Does anyone still play this game? It seems the overwhelming feeling is that this years release is kind of a disappointment. This forum has been very inactive as compared to the past few years.

Either way, I'm still enjoying the game despite its problems, I've had to adjust the sliders a lot to get the game closer to where I want it. Shadys sliders is a great start, then every few games I adjust my sliders based on my teams performance. I wouldn't mind an update though, its been a while. I'm sure Shady is busy though.
Vicerex

Postby TheBigFellas06 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:17 pm

update coming soon
TheBigFellas06

Postby Teleo777 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:22 am

Shady, do you have any further updates coming for this project?
Teleo777

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Vicerex wrote:Does anyone still play this game? It seems the overwhelming feeling is that this years release is kind of a disappointment. This forum has been very inactive as compared to the past few years.

Either way, I'm still enjoying the game despite its problems, I've had to adjust the sliders a lot to get the game closer to where I want it. Shadys sliders is a great start, then every few games I adjust my sliders based on my teams performance. I wouldn't mind an update though, its been a while. I'm sure Shady is busy though.

I H-A-T-E. this game....really no other way to put it. I hate playing the game and there are so many other games to play BF1, FFXV, KH 1.8 is coming out etc, I just haven't had any desire to come back and play this. THAT SAID I reinstalled the game about a week and a half ago, plugged my sliders in and want to tweak them to give a better game experience and that update is going to be coming very soon.

Teleo777 wrote:Shady, do you have any further updates coming for this project?

Going to do an update 1/24, stay tuned for it. Not sure if I'm going to do the whole Youtube thing along with it though, again not really feeling 2K this year and about 95% of my subs are there for 2K, might be weird if I just started throwing up Skyrim / Battlefield / FFXV videos lol, but we'll see.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby mp3 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:14 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
Vicerex wrote:Does anyone still play this game? It seems the overwhelming feeling is that this years release is kind of a disappointment. This forum has been very inactive as compared to the past few years.

I H-A-T-E. this game....really no other way to put it. I hate playing the game and there are so many other games to play BF1, FFXV, KH 1.8 is coming out etc, I just haven't had any desire to come back and play this. THAT SAID I reinstalled the game about a week and a half ago, plugged my sliders in and want to tweak them to give a better game experience and that update is going to be coming very soon.

Teleo777 wrote:Shady, do you have any further updates coming for this project?

Going to do an update 1/24, stay tuned for it. Not sure if I'm going to do the whole Youtube thing along with it though, again not really feeling 2K this year and about 95% of my subs are there for 2K, might be weird if I just started throwing up Skyrim / Battlefield / FFXV videos lol, but we'll see.

Yeah I think I've enjoyed 2k17 the lease since 2k8, the A.I is pretty awful at time which has killed me playing myleague passed afew games without quitting playing the game for weeks at a time.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Alright guys sliders are updated in the OP. Here are the Major Keys:

-Shout out to a user on OS that recommended the 55 game speed! It smooths out the CPU offense and helps with speed differential!
-Big time adjustment to CPU / HUM Speed differential I am DONE with getting caught from behind athletic guys will shine in transition!
-Playing against the Warriors or predominantly 3 point shooting teams are still kinda tough, you GOTTA use points of emphasis and user control to defend the 3
-CPU should attack the paint a lot better.
-I will be posting RAW gameplay of the 4th quarter of the Warriors vs Twolves game I just played so take a look at it so you can see the speed and the CPU offense to see what you think
-There may still be too many fouls in the paint on CPU shooters, just not really sure how to fix that other than lowering the foul slider which ultimately results in NO fouls being called whatsoever, so feel free to adjust at your leisure

Note: I've been thinking about using 0/0 Body-up sensitivity, but idk yet.

On 2Kshare under #ShadyBeta

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Can't wait to try them out!
I Hate Mondays

Postby Vicerex on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:46 am

Excited to try these out. I've been tweaking your original sliders here & there over the course of my very long full 82 game 12 min quarter MyLeague season. I'm up to game 73 and feel like I have a pretty good grasp on my adjustments. Looking forward to your new ones so I can test even further.

I've gotten shooting numbers down to more realistic numbers but the main thing that is still way off is I shoot waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many free throws a game. About 25-35% of my points come from the line per game. Like I said I'm 73 games into my season and I checked team stat comparisons...I've shot 3000 more free throws than second place...that is absolutely absurd. The problem is like Shady mentioned if you turn fouls down even 5-10 points then you almost never get fouled, there is no middle ground it's either way too many fouls or no fouls and that's a problem with the game.

I'll give these sliders a try over the next few days and let you know what I think. Glad you're back man and I feel you, I play tons of different games with my buddies but usually if I'm solo I'm on NBA, as painful as its been. Also if you wanted to post other gaming videos on your YouTube I'd personally not mind since I play a wide variety and most YouTubers I watch play multiple games.
Vicerex

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:36 am

Vicerex wrote:Excited to try these out. I've been tweaking your original sliders here & there over the course of my very long full 82 game 12 min quarter MyLeague season. I'm up to game 73 and feel like I have a pretty good grasp on my adjustments. Looking forward to your new ones so I can test even further.

I've gotten shooting numbers down to more realistic numbers but the main thing that is still way off is I shoot waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many free throws a game. About 25-35% of my points come from the line per game. Like I said I'm 73 games into my season and I checked team stat comparisons...I've shot 3000 more free throws than second place...that is absolutely absurd. The problem is like Shady mentioned if you turn fouls down even 5-10 points then you almost never get fouled, there is no middle ground it's either way too many fouls or no fouls and that's a problem with the game.

I'll give these sliders a try over the next few days and let you know what I think. Glad you're back man and I feel you, I play tons of different games with my buddies but usually if I'm solo I'm on NBA, as painful as its been. Also if you wanted to post other gaming videos on your YouTube I'd personally not mind since I play a wide variety and most YouTubers I watch play multiple games.

Yea man definitely let me know what you think and if you got something better from the set you were using before feel free to post it up!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Vicerex on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Right off the bat I personally hate the game speed at 55, I've been playing at 45 for 300~ hours so switching to 55 feels like I'm playing in fast-forward. It throws off my passing, movement and especially my defense. No big deal went back down to 45.

The shooting sliders are higher than I personally prefer, played two games and both games the CPU shot 57% and 54%. So I've gone back to my personal shooting sliders which are a bit lower for both CPU and me. We both shoot around 38-48% with my shooting sliders, I can share them if anyone is interested but it's not for the faint of heart, you will miss a lot, even wide open shots. I like it though because it keeps the percentages more realistic and the end game scores more realistic as well. I don't enjoy games in the 130's, with my shooting sliders the games are typically around 90-110, sometimes even in the 80s if having a really bad night. Again, probably not for everyone but for me I crave that realism.

Other than those two things I'm really liking what you did here, the movements, the speeds, etc. make the game flow and feel better (even at 45 speed). I like that the CPU is driving more instead of jacking up 3's every single play. Their drives lead to more fouls on my part, and more free throws for them, which were two things that were lacking in the previous set. Only a few games in but I'm liking most of these changes, I'll probably post a follow-up in a few days, just wanted to get my initial thoughts out there.
Vicerex

Postby talladega on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:11 am

Thanks Shady for your sliders!
But Inside shot Success CPU 0? is it right?
talladega

Postby Vicerex on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:53 am

talladega wrote:Thanks Shady for your sliders!
But Inside shot Success CPU 0? is it right?

Not sure if that was a mistake or not...I bumped mine up to 10 after the CPU was continually missing very easy under the basket shots.
Vicerex

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:10 pm

I honestly think the gameplay offline vs the cpu is just broken in 2k17.

So many slider fields that just can't seem to be tweaked.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:37 am

Vicerex wrote:Right off the bat I personally hate the game speed at 55, I've been playing at 45 for 300~ hours so switching to 55 feels like I'm playing in fast-forward. It throws off my passing, movement and especially my defense. No big deal went back down to 45.

The shooting sliders are higher than I personally prefer, played two games and both games the CPU shot 57% and 54%. So I've gone back to my personal shooting sliders which are a bit lower for both CPU and me. We both shoot around 38-48% with my shooting sliders, I can share them if anyone is interested but it's not for the faint of heart, you will miss a lot, even wide open shots. I like it though because it keeps the percentages more realistic and the end game scores more realistic as well. I don't enjoy games in the 130's, with my shooting sliders the games are typically around 90-110, sometimes even in the 80s if having a really bad night. Again, probably not for everyone but for me I crave that realism.

Other than those two things I'm really liking what you did here, the movements, the speeds, etc. make the game flow and feel better (even at 45 speed). I like that the CPU is driving more instead of jacking up 3's every single play. Their drives lead to more fouls on my part, and more free throws for them, which were two things that were lacking in the previous set. Only a few games in but I'm liking most of these changes, I'll probably post a follow-up in a few days, just wanted to get my initial thoughts out there.

Post them up!!!!!! Probably going to bump CPU inside scoring to 10 as well, I have a secondary update coming soon that just tweaks tendencies so stay tuned for that! Also testing game speed at like.....52 or so, I agree 55 is super quick you know I always prefer slower game speeds, but the CPU offense (a guy had a video up on OS I'll see if I can find it) sometimes doesn't initiate the right way on lower speeds, check my twitter out too for a few short clips I posted up of the new tendencies, not sure when I'll get around to posting them up tho. Shouldn't be too long.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Vicerex on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:31 am

I've been tweaking the shooting sliders just about every game, and I'm currently pretty comfortable with:
Inside Shot Success – 37/10 (After further testing between 0 & 10 it doesn't really seem to make much difference)
Close Shot Success – 38/38
Mid-range Success – 38/38
3PT Success – 38/38

Contact Shot Success – 15/15 - This is the big one, this one alone makes the difference from the AI shooting 55% or 45%. I like this really low because it's situational, if they're wide open it won't affect them at all, but if you're in their face and playing strong D it will heavily dictate whether they make that contested shot or not and the same goes for you. It forces me to move the ball more to the open man so I have a much bigger chance of making my shots, if you're the type of player that likes to shoot with guys in your face or drive to the rim every play then 15 will not be for you, because you will be shooting about 30%. But for those who like to play a lot of team ball and move the ball around waiting for the perfect opening then 15 is very rewarding.

The 38's combined with the 15 on contested is currently making me average about 43% overall as a team, which is still a little on the low side but it keeps the end game scores around 95-105. If you're wanting a more realistic team percentage of 45-46% then I suggest bumping the shooting up to 39 or even keeping it at 40 like Shady has it.

I've noticed with my current shooting sliders sometimes the AI starts off shooting really poorly, like sub 40% after the first quarter, but they always seem to bring it back up in the second half and usually end around 45-48% which is pretty much on par with the real NBA.
Vicerex

Postby Vicerex on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:59 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Also testing game speed at like.....52 or so, I agree 55 is super quick you know I always prefer slower game speeds, but the CPU offense (a guy had a video up on OS I'll see if I can find it) sometimes doesn't initiate the right way on lower speeds

I've been experimenting with 52 now, I didn't realize there was a bug in the AI at slower speeds. 52 is more comfortable than 55 but it's still a little fast, but something I just need to get used to I guess. It does seem like the AI is much more aggressive at 52, they pass more too, it just really flows better than 45. I've also noticed for some odd reason I'm shooting a higher % on speed 52 than 45, even with the same shooting sliders I posted earlier. On 45 speed I was averaging about 43% and on 52 I'm more around 46%, I'm kind of baffled why since on the higher speeds I play more erratic than on slower speeds.
Vicerex

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:34 pm

Vicerex wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Also testing game speed at like.....52 or so, I agree 55 is super quick you know I always prefer slower game speeds, but the CPU offense (a guy had a video up on OS I'll see if I can find it) sometimes doesn't initiate the right way on lower speeds

I've been experimenting with 52 now, I didn't realize there was a bug in the AI at slower speeds. 52 is more comfortable than 55 but it's still a little fast, but something I just need to get used to I guess. It does seem like the AI is much more aggressive at 52, they pass more too, it just really flows better than 45. I've also noticed for some odd reason I'm shooting a higher % on speed 52 than 45, even with the same shooting sliders I posted earlier. On 45 speed I was averaging about 43% and on 52 I'm more around 46%, I'm kind of baffled why since on the higher speeds I play more erratic than on slower speeds.

Dude I know.....I'm looking into it, but I do think there is some type of "balance" that can be achieved here, and I do think there is VALUE in trying to get the game speed higher than I had it! Doing some testing with the sliders you posted up!
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Sliders are updated! Changes to game speed! Changes to jumpshot success! Whole layup / contact system has been revamped, CPU tendencies revamped, fouls tweaked, I'm really digging the way this game is playing for me right now, a lot of feedback from you guys here and on YT led me to make these changes so I think you guys will really enjoy it!

Sliders are on PC 2Kshare under #ShadyBeta and in the OP!

Gameplay Showcase:

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:49 pm

Tried it, love it! Everything feels fresh new.
I Hate Mondays

Postby talladega on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:17 am

Thanks Shady, it seems very good!!!
talladega

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:53 am

Finally had the chance to finish a full game on 12 min quarters. Timberwolves(CPU) vs. Pistons(me). Here are the results

It's exactly how you said in the video. The whole set of sliders feels like it was reborn. The CPU tends to go for post moves/attack the rim more often. A lot of times it is a combination of both (Post move, quick turn around, drive to the basket, Wiggins pulled this like 4 times on me).
Another thing I've notice is that a big man like KAT ran with the ball on a fast break after a rebound. I don't know how you did that, but it's beautiful. I remember from 2k16 when you said that a big man has to be a "Player Initiator" inside the roster to run with the ball on fast breaks ( Griffin, D. Green, Cousins). I've noticed this is still true for 2k17. I was using the default roster for the game and I bet my pants on the fact that KAT is not a play initiator in the 2k default roster. (Guys like Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram aren't either lol. I don't expect KAT to be a play initiator).
Another cool moment is when KAT, a big man from freakin 2K TOOK ME TO SCHOOL with a crossover and went for a layup. I don't know how you did this either, but it's starting to look like real life in here. Love the fact that a big man like KAT pulls off dribble moves, just like in real life.
The rebounding numbers look a bit off for me. I notice your PF and Center have most of the rebounds. Are you experiencing this too? If so, me and Hova noticed for his set of sliders that if you give a big deficit between the Offensive Rebound slider rating and Defensive Rebound slider rating, around 25-35 points defficit, the numbers tend to be more realistic. The offensive rebounds happen at the same rate too, it's the 2k rebounding system which is broken. But the method mentioned before seems to do the trick. You could give it a go if this rebounding problem is often present and try to find a the best deficit between O and D rebounds, based on your other values. The game was ugly indeed, 27 rebounds for Drummond is acceptable if you say he had one of his best games of his career, but Leuer wouldn't go for 14 rebounds in ages, especially when his playing time is 75% next to Drummond.
A final thing I might ask you to look into, if you ever want to update the sliders is the layups foul tendency. I can get to the rim, it's not as easy to score as you you said in the video ( I got blocked, I missed layups, it was still a challenge). Still, half of my drives to the hoop ended up in a +1. That could be tackled too, the CPU could give up a layup which is 99% going to get in instead of giving a crazy +1 for no reason.

Overall, beautiful set of sliders. I won't even start about the game speed and everything, the rest of the stuff is plain beautiful and realistic. It's just the two categories mentioned above that I think could use some improvement. I am back to using your stuff for 2k17 for now.
I Hate Mondays

Postby tomortlieb on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:02 pm

I played two games -

- flow is great
- movement and realism is so much better

Main issue: As the 76ers, I beat both the Jazz and Timberwolves by 20+ and show between 55-57% with only 40-45 points in the paint.

Your last slider set, with Vicerex's adjustments, was, in my opinion, the most challenging set.

Thanks for the work you do!
tomortlieb

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:37 am

For anyone having the rebounding issue I had, I just changed the Offensive Rebounding value to 40 and the Defensive REB value to 70 for both CPU and the player, the rebounding numbers are incredibily realistic. Offensive rebounds are still happening, it's just the PG can finally get a defensive rebound if the ball goes towards him.
I Hate Mondays

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:15 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:For anyone having the rebounding issue I had, I just changed the Offensive Rebounding value to 40 and the Defensive REB value to 70 for both CPU and the player, the rebounding numbers are incredibily realistic. Offensive rebounds are still happening, it's just the PG can finally get a defensive rebound if the ball goes towards him.

Gonna try this when I get home! Also I'm still seeing a lot of And 1's would like to lessen that # but somehow still allow guys to finish in the paint!
ShadyMikeGaming

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17