Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:49 am

I'd miss him on ESPN broadcasts, but yeah, JVG is someone who deserves another shot on the sidelines and could be a good choice.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Ideally I'd poach someone from Popovich's staff, seems to have worked well for a number of teams in the past. Van Gundy will also be a good one, as will Lionel Hollins.

Dee4Three, Dunno about McHale, he certainly knows his stuff in terms of x and os but it does seem like he's a shit people manager. One reason why Pop is able to run a tight ship and have no controversies is because he treats everyone the same, McHale lets his stars get special treatment and throws everyone else under the bus. That stuff I think is ultimately what got him fired in Houston.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Moz on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Valor wrote:Ideally I'd poach someone from Popovich's staff, seems to have worked well for a number of teams in the past.

If that's the case, they should just fire Hoiberg and let Boylen take the helm then. JVG would be awesome but I doubt he or the management will consider each other since we all know that he hates the Bulls organization... I reckon McHale and Hoiberg's coaching style are very similar. David Blatt have a nice resume. He's just ousted because of the politics within the Cavs organization.
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:29 pm

I'd forgotten about that. In this scenario he'd have more power, but yeah, he's unfortunately an unlikely candidate.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:08 pm

MozTheBoz wrote:
Valor wrote:Ideally I'd poach someone from Popovich's staff, seems to have worked well for a number of teams in the past.

If that's the case, they should just fire Hoiberg and let Boylen take the helm then. JVG would be awesome but I doubt he or the management will consider each other since we all know that he hates the Bulls organization... I reckon McHale and Hoiberg's coaching style are very similar. David Blatt have a nice resume. He's just ousted because of the politics within the Cavs organization.

I'd rather not have Boylen, no offense to him but a complete clean slate would be what's best for this organization right now. 1-2 years under Hoiberg and GarPax are 1-2 years too many. :scold:

Blatt would be interesting, but I don't think he'll leave Europe again.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:56 am

I'd be ok with Blatt hiring

One reinsdorf type of move i would be on board with is Doug Collins
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:27 am

Would you - given the power to do so - also give him Paxson's job?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:16 pm

No. does he have any experience in that field.. not counting studio analysis??

Lol not much of a coaching list that we came up there...

who would you guys hire as GM?? We bitch and moan about management. Who should be the replacement?!
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Former Spurs Director of Scouting and current Timberwolves Director of Player Personnel Brian Pauga catches my eye, relatively young guy who's been around learning the trait for the last ten years or so with the Spurs (GMed for the Spurs D-League team), reminds me a lot of current Chicago Bears GM Ryan Pace who worked his way up the ladder from scouting in the New Orleans Saints front office before getting hired two years ago as GM for the Bears.

Scouting background in a good organization is a good recipe for success if you are to rebuild a team i reckon. Young enough to be bold and ambitious, but experienced enough to not do dumb stuff. (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:04 pm

Sound logic. I like the idea of anyone who held a position like that with the Spurs, given their track record.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Donnie Walsh would be great but if you're looking for a younger one who once worked with the Spurs perhaps Danny Ferry. He's not banned in the league yet right?
Moz

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:28 pm

I'm not sure the Bulls should hire someone who expresses concern that a potential free agent is "too African" (or whatever it was he said about Luol Deng). They've got enough dysfunction in the front office already.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Wikipedia wrote:The investigation, which included 19 witness interviews and reviewed the contents of more than 24,000 emails, made clear that the offensive language was not Ferry's and none of Ferry's remarks or behavior during the call were motivated by racial or ethnic animus, or by a person's country of origin. To the contrary, the investigation found Ferry shared his own opinion of Deng, recommended him both personally and professionally and ultimately tried to sign him to the team.

There you go...
Moz

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Very well then, I stand corrected.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Ben Gordon signs D-League contract

It looks like Ben Gordon is making a comeback after all.

According to Adam Johnson of D-League Digest, the former Chicago Bulls guard has signed a D-League contract. Making matters more interesting is that the Windy City Bulls are the team that sits atop the waiver list:

Well, we wanted a solution to the team's problems, and here it comes!

Seriously though, it'll be interesting to see what happens there. Best of luck to him; he should hopefully still have a few productive years left in him, coming off the bench somewhere. With the Bulls lacking in three-point shooting, a D-League call-up might not be the worst move they've ever made. Might even work out better than the Rondo signing. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:42 am

Ill never forget Ben Gordon going OFF against the Celtics in the playoffs. I always thought he was an underrated player, not sure what happened to him. Maybe he had a bad attitude behind the scenes. The guy was never afraid to take a big shot.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:30 am

His career just fizzled out after he went to the Pistons. He always seemed like he had good character, so it was a bit of a strange downfall.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Sounds Like a good list. TBH I don't know who is a hot GM prospect without doing a search on it lol

Whatever happened to the Portland guy tom penn? He seemed pretty knowledgeable Personnel guy

There's some video of Gordon getting some tips from Abdul rauf. Saw it posted at real GM over a year ago
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:00 am

Surprise surprise. Early speculation but why not pass this along

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/24 ... Chris-Bosh
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:23 am

I mean, great news as far as his skillset is concerned. However, considering his health issues sound like they'll prevent him from ever playing again, or at least finishing a season...what are they thinking here?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:29 am

cries of desperation. Forman may actually be in hot water if the bulls aren't making the playoffs for the second straight year. at the least we can fairly speculate that as Reinsdorf is always eyeing the profit margin.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:34 am

It's even more clueless than their other desperate moves, though. We can criticise the Rondo signing, but at least we're talking about a former All-Star who is cleared to play. In Bosh, they'd be pursuing someone who can't seem to get medical clearance by the standards set for an NBA team. Unless the Heat are trying to pull a fast one and rid themselves of Bosh, it seems unlikely anyone else will be able to get medical clearance for him to play either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:08 am

No disagreements here. Getting young and athletic eh? :lol:

Actually went to the sacto game. That cousins guy is a big dude. Zipser was good!
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:14 am

#FreeZipser?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:03 pm

so... how are we doing for the season?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball