D43 - Ultimate Classic Team Roster - VERSION 3 RELEASED!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: D43 - Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - ASKING ASSISTANCE- WIP - PC

Postby kennii on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:55 am

so this ISNT possible to download yet right?
kennii

Postby maverik99vc on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:43 am

Nice work!! Absolutely great!

BTW , its possible add only 96 or 97 Heat with a great ALONZO MOURNING? And make him a decent cyberface? (original 2k17 its bad)
maverik99vc

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:34 am

I may be adding them Maverik99vc.

Thanks for the patience with this guys, I have every default roster classic team filled with appropriate players with the exception of about 3 teams. Also, I have added about 10 new teams. The goal will be the fill all the current teams with new classic teams, because we havnt figured out how to overwrite the euro teams fully. This in turn, would give you a complete classic teams roster for use in MyLeague.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby timmyd on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:36 am

Dee4Three wrote:I may be adding them Maverik99vc.

Thanks for the patience with this guys, I have every default roster classic team filled with appropriate players with the exception of about 3 teams. Also, I have added about 10 new teams. The goal will be the fill all the current teams with new classic teams, because we havnt figured out how to overwrite the euro teams fully. This in turn, would give you a complete classic teams roster for use in MyLeague.

That sounds great Dee43.

I've sent you a PM a few days ago, I'm here to help. Every night I can put in a good 3-5 hours.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:00 am

timmyd wrote:

That sounds great Dee43.

I've sent you a PM a few days ago, I'm here to help. Every night I can put in a good 3-5 hours.

Hey, I got your messages. Thanks.

I have a specific way I like to do the ratings/tenancies etc. Because of that, I am going to try to keep it going on my own. I appreciate you reaching out though, and will let you know if I need anything.

Thanks!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dmayne on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:09 am

Looks like some quality work but...
Why don't you just finish those last 3 teams and release the roster? Then update every it every 6 teams you make... Is your current plan to make 30 more classic teams and release in 8 months? Please let us know when to expect a release.
Dmayne

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:29 am

Dmayne wrote:

Looks like some quality work but...
Why don't you just finish those last 3 teams and release the roster? Then update every it every 6 teams you make... Is your current plan to make 30 more classic teams and release in 8 months? Please let us know when to expect a release.

Yes, my plan is to release in 8 months.....

No, of course not. Not really fair to ask that back handed, obviously attacking question.

I don't like releasing anything unless it's ready to go, I released the draft roster and the all time teams roster when they were ready to go, and just made minor updates. I was waiting on the ability to overwrite the Euro teams so I could keep the current teams intact for you guys, while completing the classic teams, and added around 20 new classic teams. That was the ultimate goal. But because that doesn't seem to be an option, the roster would look somewhat sloppy with only 1/3 of the current teams made into classic teams, and the default classic roster teams filled. Hence why I havn't released anything yet.

My time put into this roster is extensive, if you guys would like me to remove the thread because I don't have a release yet, I can certainly ask the moderators if they can do just that. I feel like this is moving in that direction.

I don't blame you guys for wanting new rosters, we have been wanting them since PC moved to next gen, and I appreciate the support by all in regards to this project. But you have to understand how time consuming this is. Between Portraits/Courts/Ratings/Tendencies/Signatures/Logos etc, that's all stuff I am doing on my own (With the exception of a couple courts that Manni did for me, thank you!). Peace and TBM have also assisted with some faces.

I can get the thread removed out of respect to those who are irritated that I don't have a release yet.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dmayne on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:35 am

In my opinion from your last post I'm getting the feeling this roster is not coming for few more months, at least now I know for sure that I can move on and find another.

Appreciate the reply, and I got to say I understand all the work you put into your roster, thank you, but sadly I will never see it. Just think... You put all that quality work into your roster and only about %10 of the people that seen your previews will get to use/enjoy it. By the time you release this roster most people have already moved on, playing something else and/or are waiting for 2k18.

good luck
Dmayne

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:40 am

Dmayne wrote:In my opinion from your last post I'm getting the feeling this roster is not coming for few more months, at least now I know for sure that I can move on and find another.

Appreciate the reply, and I got to say I understand all the work you put into your roster, thank you, but sadly I will never see it. Just think... You put all that quality work into your roster and only about %10 of the people that seen your previews will get to use/enjoy it. By the time you release this roster most people have already moved on, playing something else and/or are waiting for 2k18.

good luck

What?

Have a good one.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bekalo88 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:45 am

Let the guy continue his job,he is doing very good stuff here,i think this rosters is gonna be huge when he releases it.

I support your work here Dee4Three.
bekalo88

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:47 am

Dmayne wrote:In my opinion from your last post I'm getting the feeling this roster is not coming for few more months, at least now I know for sure that I can move on and find another.

good luck

Dee he's saying that by the time you release it no one will be playing the game anymore. I had the same problem with my Rio 2016 patch last year, I released really late and only got a like a 100 downloads. Literally a months work barely utilised.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:56 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:

good luck

Dee he's saying that by the time you release it no one will be playing the game anymore. I had the same problem with my Rio 2016 patch last year, I released really late and only got a like a 100 downloads. Literally a months work barely utilised.

I know exactly what he's saying.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby timmyd on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
PeacemanNOT wrote:

good luck

I know exactly what he's saying.

feel free to reach out man, I'm an old head... sig shots, hot zones, tendencies and ratings I can help with so you wont have to spend time on them.

other then that, i cant wait to see ur work!

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:49 pm

I dont wanna derail the thread but we really need a roster editor now more than ever. All the edits are so damn time consuming. You have to get the tendencies, ratings, badges, sig animations, accessories, player data, and much more to make sure everything plays good and looks good. It takes up so much time doing all these edits in game that i stopped caring about making external mods like accurate year specific CFs ( which takes me a few hours to get the bodies, textures, and headshapes right).

I enjoyed your draft roster so I will wait for this one also. I know it will be well worth it.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:39 am

TGsoGood wrote:I dont wanna derail the thread but we really need a roster editor now more than ever. All the edits are so damn time consuming. You have to get the tendencies, ratings, badges, sig animations, accessories, player data, and much more to make sure everything plays good and looks good. It takes up so much time doing all these edits in game that i stopped caring about making external mods like accurate year specific CFs ( which takes me a few hours to get the bodies, textures, and headshapes right).

I enjoyed your draft roster so I will wait for this one also. I know it will be well worth it.

Thanks for understanding. It's a ton of work. I am proud of the draft roster and all time teams roster, they were really time consuming. However, I would be OKAY with that aspect if I could just overwrite the euro teams in full.

Im considering asking the moderator to remove this thread, and maybe ill start a new one when this is ready for a release.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby maverik99vc on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:13 am

Thanks man, we all wait this great roster, so have a nice work, and take your time ;)
maverik99vc

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:10 am

Hi all,

So last night I completed the 05-06 Nets (Including the court). I have a question for the community:

So many new portraits will be included for the default classic teams added players (Carl Herrera, Jawann Oldham, Orlando Woolridge with Lakers and Bulls, Happy Hairston, etc). But also many of the bottom of the bench guys may not have them, is this acceptable for you guys? All the bottom of the bench players will be 100% accurate otherwise. And while I am not a great cyberface maker, I have made many combo faces that look amazing and are very comparative to the actual player looks (Jawann Oldham for the 85-86 Bulls looks so great).

Also, I am considering releasing a version of this roster without ALL the current teams made into new classic teams, you would need to download the roster/mod pack with the mindset that it will be great for Play Now and AMAZING for a MYLEAGUE with all classic teams.

Let me know what you think.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby smtesar on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:25 am

An all classic roster would be great! I know you're all for 100% accuracy, but missing some bottom players, to me, isn't a big deal.
smtesar

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:31 am

smtesar wrote:An all classic roster would be great! I know you're all for 100% accuracy, but missing some bottom players, to me, isn't a big deal.

Yeah the bottom players themselves will be accurate, many will just be missing portraits.

But I created a 32 team league last night with all classic teams and only a couple duplicates (bench players), and man does it look good and complete.

When I release, ill also put up a video of how to best create your MyLeague so it's awesome all the way around.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:09 am

Just to note as well. For the 04-05 Spurs, I used Han Roster portraits, and will give him credit for those when I release. If he does not want me to use them, please contact me.

Also, he is welcome to use any of my portraits from my all time teams roster and draft roster, and this roster when its released, as long as he mentions where he got them from on his thread. He doesn't even need to list the specific ones, he could just state something like "some portraits provided by Dee4three". He is also welcome to use any courts that he would like.

I think the combining of both works and also giving credit in some way makes the rosters that much stronger.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby timmyd on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:44 am

Dee4Three wrote:Hi all,

So last night I completed the 05-06 Nets (Including the court). I have a question for the community:

So many new portraits will be included for the default classic teams added players (Carl Herrera, Jawann Oldham, Orlando Woolridge with Lakers and Bulls, Happy Hairston, etc). But also many of the bottom of the bench guys may not have them, is this acceptable for you guys? All the bottom of the bench players will be 100% accurate otherwise. And while I am not a great cyberface maker, I have made many combo faces that look amazing and are very comparative to the actual player looks (Jawann Oldham for the 85-86 Bulls looks so great).

Also, I am considering releasing a version of this roster without ALL the current teams made into new classic teams, you would need to download the roster/mod pack with the mindset that it will be great for Play Now and AMAZING for a MYLEAGUE with all classic teams.

Let me know what you think.

hey, secretly I was hoping you'd do that instead. I'm not really a big big fan of the current state of the NBA so if given the option of a roster which features only classic teams, I am all for it. Besides for the current teams, I am more than sure there are tons of rosters on 2kshare with updates ratings, accessories etc....

You have my VOTE for all classic teams in place of current teams.

This is going to be way too good for MyLeague man... I am really excited!!!! If you need beta testers and helpers with accessories and signature shots etc I am always available to help!!!!!!!!!!

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby timmyd on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:47 am

Dee4Three wrote:Just to note as well. For the 04-05 Spurs, I used Han Roster portraits, and will give him credit for those when I release. If he does not want me to use them, please contact me.

Also, he is welcome to use any of my portraits from my all time teams roster and draft roster, and this roster when its released, as long as he mentions where he got them from on his thread. He doesn't even need to list the specific ones, he could just state something like "some portraits provided by Dee4three". He is also welcome to use any courts that he would like.

I think the combining of both works and also giving credit in some way makes the rosters that much stronger.

thats awesome, i hope Han see's this too. You guys working together can take modding to a new level. Maybe eventually a full roster for classic seasons... obviously not a UBR... but maybe separate rosters released for separate seasons... a man can dream!

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby smtesar on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:02 am

So there will be many more classic teams then the ones you originally listed.

What new teams might we expect? 98 Knicks?

And do you think you'll release any time soon?
smtesar

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:21 am

smtesar wrote:So there will be many more classic teams then the ones you originally listed.

What new teams might we expect? 98 Knicks?

And do you think you'll release any time soon?

Here are the new classic teams completed thus far:

00-01 Kings
92-93 Suns
89-90 Lakers
10-11 Mavericks
06-07 Nuggets
09-10 Lakers
05-06 Nets
94-95 Rockets
11-12 Heat
11-12 Thunder
14-15 Warriors
99-00 Pacers
04-05 Spurs
95-96 Spurs

I would like to add the 06-07 Mavericks, 06-07 Warriors, 82-83 76ers, 10-11 Bulls, 97-98 or 98-99 Knicks, and the 96-97 Heat as well.

The teams above are good to go, and only 3 default classic teams are not filled (The 70-71 Hawks will be a bitch).

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Man I can't wait to play with the Thunder and Nuggets
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding