The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby mp3 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:24 am

Iso option 1
Iso option 2
Iso option 3
Iso option 4...
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:29 am

As you guys said they need a point guard like Andre Miller, Jason Kidd or Chauncey Billups, and I wouldn't even mind bringing Rose off the bench then. It can't even be too talented of a players though, since they are just a body bringing the ball up the court to give it to Carmelo 70% of the time and Kristaps 30.

Maybe Ramon Sessions...? I think I'm gonna go over to 2K and rebuild this team; heck, I haven't done a dynasty story in ages.
[Hyperize]

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:56 am

cavs4872 wrote:As you guys said they need a point guard like Andre Miller, Jason Kidd or Chauncey Billups, and I wouldn't even mind bringing Rose off the bench then. It can't even be too talented of a players though, since they are just a body bringing the ball up the court to give it to Carmelo 70% of the time and Kristaps 30.

Maybe Ramon Sessions...? I think I'm gonna go over to 2K and rebuild this team; heck, I haven't done a dynasty story in ages.

I don't care how well Rose plays, the Knicks should not bring him back. They need a young, talented PG to pair with Porzingis. I keep hearing there'll be some good PGs in the 2017 draft, so we'll see.
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:20 pm

There is talk of Jrue Holiday.

I think the biggest problem isn't the pg but the offence, we stand around far much and considering we brought in Lee and Noah for defence no one seems to be playing much of it.
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:36 pm

mp3 wrote:There is talk of Jrue Holiday.

I think the biggest problem isn't the pg but the offence, we stand around far much and considering we brought in Lee and Noah for defence no one seems to be playing much of it.

Coach Hornacek after last night's disaster - "I have to find someone to play some defense".

(facepalm)

These clowns gave up what, 67 points to the f-n Orlando Magic in the 1st half?!?!
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:36 am

Yeah like I've said we brought in Lee and Noah for that, at least Lee can hit a 3 here and there but if Noah isn't playing D and rebounding then he's a bust because as much as he can pass the ball I don't want him holding the ball at the free throw line holding the ball looking to make a highlight pass.

Lance Thomas has being awful coming back for injury over the summer, he can't shot or defend now.
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:38 am

mp3 wrote:Yeah like I've said we brought in Lee and Noah for that, at least Lee can hit a 3 here and there but if Noah isn't playing D and rebounding then he's a bust because as much as he can pass the ball I don't want him holding the ball at the free throw line holding the ball looking to make a highlight pass.

Lance Thomas has being awful coming back for injury over the summer, he can't shot or defend now.

But how about every player on this team, including our so-called 'superstar', man-up and handle their OWN business on defense. Like Clyde says, "EFFORT!"

Hornacek's reaction to Carmelo calling that ISO was priceless....he was like "what's the use?"
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:19 pm

Agreed.

We have a selfish team plain and simple everyone is just out for there own on offence
mp3

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:37 pm

mp3 wrote:I think the biggest problem isn't the pg but the offence, we stand around far much and considering we brought in Lee and Noah for defence no one seems to be playing much of it.

Totally; I was watching the Christmas day game and it just blew my mind how 90% of the offense was missed contested shots off Melo iso's; he is stifling Kristaps' development.

It's just a bad fit; you can't change the guy, so it just makes sense to trade him for a bunch of role players who can compliment Kristaps (not unlike what Denver received when they dealt him).

Edit: Well, Carmelo shuts up all the haters with ten dimes tonight.
[Hyperize]

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 pm

The worst part about the Giants season being over is now I have to turn my attention to those bums masquerading as basketball players. Knicks have officially hit rock bottom. Phil "I'm the Smartest Man in the Room" Jackson is as inept as Isiah Thomas when it comes to putting a roster together. Fifteen years of dysfunction with no end in sight.

I'd get of Rose ASAP.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2942009
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 am

Even if there is a family emergency or something of that matter, Rose should've sent word explaining his absence. It makes the situation a little more understandable, but he still should've sent word through his representatives as soon as he could.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 am

Blow it up, Andrew.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 pm

I actually enjoy watching the Knicks just to see the creative ways this team loses games.

Last night in Philly was a classic.
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:12 am

I don't know how in one breath Rose can say for a split second he thought about quitting basketball all together but in the next breath talk about wanting a max deal this summer.

Him disappearing and talking like that makes him sound like Larry Sanders.
mp3

Postby air gordon on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:48 am

I feel bad for the guy. I think he just doesn't have it all right upstairs.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby mp3 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:07 am

Perfect fit for the knicks then.

Honesty though I think he's being great on court but he's not a fit with Melo and he's a FA while Anthony isn't going anywhere so is it time to field trade deadline deals for him?
mp3

Postby Valor on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:40 am

I think Rose really got messed up by that first meniscus tear (after he came back from ACL), he's a kid who grew up pretty well protected by his family so it's probably the first time he's had one setback after another. Sports psychologist would do him some good tbh, not sure if the Knicks have been providing him with one. Physically he's fine, mentally he's messed up right now.

mp3, he's actually been bringing what the Knicks have been missing for years and nobody else on the roster can provide - effective penetration. Obv let him go if hes asking for the max but if he can realize reality and agree to a reasonable price I say keep him and have Hornacek (or whoever will be the coach, who knows) take a hard stance in coaching Melo....it's time to stop letting him off the hook. Tremendously talented scorer, big baby who can't get it together to win. That last possession vs Philly was some shitty effort on D from him, sure one might argue a push off but come on, the help d did more than him in contesting the shot.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby mp3 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:45 am

Believe me I'd pick Rose over Melo 9 time out of 10 but with his no trade clause and Rose being an UFA he could walk for nothing this summer but on the other hand his mindset right now doesn't want me to throw a max deal his way either.

I tell you... being a knicks fan...
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:54 pm

mp3 wrote:Believe me I'd pick Rose over Melo 9 time out of 10 but with his no trade clause and Rose being an UFA he could walk for nothing this summer but on the other hand his mindset right now doesn't want me to throw a max deal his way either.

I tell you... being a knicks fan...

I will LOL if the Knicks max out Rose (that's the only way he'd come back), because it would be a typical Knick move going back to Spencer Heywood & Marvin Webster.

The front office never learns.....band-aid solutions never work.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:02 am

Jerome James. That one was brutal.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:35 am

If only the Knicks could play the Bulls every game

It's like game 7 for Noah and Rose each time out
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:58 pm

In the words of the immortal Micheal Ray Richardson, the "ship be sinkin'!"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2947126
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:10 am

Last bit sums it up quite well.

Phil may be using the media to get his message out, but Carmelo has all the power. He’s got the no-trade clause.

Not sure how Jackson is going to resolve that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Another heart-breaking loss, this time to Atlanta on MLK day. Rose was running his mouth about the need to step it up defensively - he got torched by Schroeder.

The so-called "Super Team" is 18-24.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:59 pm

Jeffx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball