How Can I Change The Net Shape?

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

How Can I Change The Net Shape?

Postby Diablero on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:13 am

Hi guys, I want to change net shape like this; https://www.flickr.com/photos/71215819@N06/30320416334/

This is Bliss's work. But, I think he don't release his net shapes. Which tool should I use for change the net shape? (For length, width, design etc.) If anyone can say it, I will be happy so much. Thanks guys. :bowdown:
Shannon Brown #❶ ❷

NBA Live 18 / PS4

QUIT FOR A WHILE
Diablero

Re: How Can I Change The Net Shape?

Postby Diablero on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Sorry flood. But I dont really understand, nobody talks about new mods or patches. Are these being sold? Must we pay for them? Or what? Many modder use a lot of new mod but anybody dont release this patches? is it Goverment secret? Can anyone explain this issue for me? Modders even dont talk about from tools name. They dont say that we should use to any tools for the making of our works. Its really interesting and bullshit. If you dont release your work, why do you submit it? Do and play, dont show them to anybody. Sorry but I dont really understand.
Shannon Brown #❶ ❷

NBA Live 18 / PS4

QUIT FOR A WHILE
Diablero

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:36 pm

As you can see in the Releases & Previews section, or in the regular File Additions bulletins for NBA 2K14 on the front page, people are definitely still releasing mods for the game. Things may have slowed down a little, but that's to be expected when a game is going on four years old. There are people who aren't sharing work (but may display it in screenshots here and there), but it's not accurate to say that no one is talking about new releases, or releasing any new work. The majority of work being previewed gets released, or is on the way to being released. There are also a lot of tutorials that explain the ins and outs of creating several different types of mods.

No, patches certainly aren't being sold; not out in the open, anyway. That would be against our rules (I've explained why here), and it's something we'd deal with if the issue arose. That's obviously hard to do if people are doing it in secret, but if people are caught doing it, then action would be taken.

There are people who don't seem to want to share work or techniques, but once again, NBA 2K14 is going on four years old, which means a lot of modding conversations already took place years ago, and a lot of the userbase has moved on to newer games in the years that have followed. Three and a half hours doesn't give people a lot of chance to respond; not everyone is online at the same time, and not everyone has the same knowledge. Again, it's an older game, and it's also the tail end of the holiday season. You're not always going to get a response right away.

The other thing I would suggest is to contact people directly via the private messaging system. Not everyone checks every section of the Forum daily, or every single thread. If you want to direct a question to a specific person, posting in their release thread (if they have one) or messaging them is a more effective way of making sure they'll see it. There's no guarantee that they'll respond or be able to help you, but there's a much greater chance they'll get the message in the first place.

One final thing about this request in particular: I could be wrong since I don't make net mods for NBA 2K14, but I believe it requires hex editing the game's executable file, which I assume could be done with a free hex editor such as HxD. Leftos' tool, Hex on Steroids, might also be useful here. We don't allow modified executable files to be distributed here (basically to avoid any legal action), and as far as I'm aware, no one's been able to develop a method of applying those edits without distributing the original .exe file. That's probably why some people aren't sharing those releases as downloadable files. However, I'd certainly encourage anyone to share their knowledge in that area, both the general steps, and any specific edits for specific results that are being previewed.

Anyway, I hope that you can get the answers you seek here. You might just have to hit up Bliss directly via private messaging, or wait a little longer for a reply to this thread.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Diablero on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:54 am

Thank you so much Andrew. You're right, thanks again for your answers.
Shannon Brown #❶ ❷

NBA Live 18 / PS4

QUIT FOR A WHILE
Diablero

Return to NBA 2K14