Modding Progress

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Modding Progress

Postby Manni Live on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:51 am

Sorry my fault. i believe i copied that from the cavs before i knew it didnt used those files.

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby miki_92 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:36 pm

what happened with shoes modding :?:
miki_92

Postby TBM on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:51 am

All the shoe modders decided to not mod anymore.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:53 am

With so many shoes in the game by default, new shoes coming through in official updates, and shoes being 3D scanned and looking pretty good already, I'm guessing shoe modding has kind of fallen out of vogue.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TBM on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:06 am

Andrew wrote:With so many shoes in the game by default, new shoes coming through in official updates, and shoes being 3D scanned and looking pretty good already, I'm guessing shoe modding has kind of fallen out of vogue.

Eh, not really. Color palettes for shoes are still pretty inaccurate, so while the models themselves are decent, there's still lots of work to be done.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:36 am

There may be a lot of work that can be done with them, but nevertheless, shoe mods still seem to have fallen out of vogue. If it's not a feeling of there not being anything to do, perhaps most of the shoe modders have simply moved on to other projects, or are done with the hobby; it happens. Observing the modding community for the past couple of decades, it seems that shoe modding was a lot more popular when there was a smaller selection of shoes in the game, regardless of their quality or accuracy, which is why I suggested that as a possible reason.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:56 am

Life has been INSANE over the last month for me, sorry I have been a bit inactive.

Did we give up on the Chinese roster editor we were trying to figure out? Just curious. I have my two big rosters out there (All time teams/Ultimate Draft), but I didn't want to give up on my classic teams roster.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:35 am

No progress made on the chinese editor, a new version of the tool has to be released with each patch any way
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TheGame8544 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:04 am

Dee4Three wrote:How do we give teams accurate coaches without overwriting the coaches CF ID's (via modded folder).. is there a way?

For my all time teams roster, Id like to give the teams all time coaches (Riley Lakers, etc).

Did you ever figure this out? I'd definitely give someone $50 if they could figure out how to get accurate coaches in the game. Would be really nice to also have accurate assistant coaches as well.
TheGame8544

Postby TheGame8544 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Ok I'm not sure where to post this, but I have what I think is some HUGE news.

I was able to figure out how to download all the files made by Han and Viper Team. I've now got the newest roster, over 1 GB worth of jerseys, CFIDs, etc. The roster has tons of coaches, including Assistant Coaches. It's got the legend teams completed. Extra legend teams are on there. Every Dream Team is on there. I'm absolutely blown away.

This is unquestionably the best file released since the Ultimate Base Roster. This gives us essentially everything.

I'm happy to share this with everyone, if people are interested. I didn't understand why Han's roster had so many screwed up CFs and no jerseys. Well, I had to figure out how to download all his files off the main Chinese website he posts at. He's a regular poster over there as well.
Last edited by TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGame8544

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:33 pm

He did this all by releasing in regular patches.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby mickachiste on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:01 pm

TheGame8544 wrote:Ok I'm not sure where to post this, but I have what I think is some HUGE news.

I was able to figure out how to download all the files made by Han and Viper Team. I've not got the newest roster, over 1 GB worth of jerseys, CFIDs, etc. The roster has tons of coaches, including Assistant Coaches. It's got the legend teams completed. Extra legend teams are on there. Every Dream Team is on there. I'm absolutely blown away.

This is unquestionably the best file released since the Ultimate Base Roster. This gives us essentially everything.

I'm happy to share this with everyone, if people are interested. I didn't understand why Han's roster had so many screwed up CFs and no jerseys. Well, I had to figure out how to download all his files off the main Chinese website he posts at. He's a regular poster over there as well.

Sounds really good ! I am really interested into that !
mickachiste

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:10 am

That's correct Peacemannot but I could find no English site anywhere in weeks of searching that had his files posted. His roster on 2kshare is pretty worthless without these files as they are what complete the teams and actually make it playable.

So my question for major members of NLSC and mods is should I open up another thread for this so every English speaker can get it, or should I post it in Viper's thead?

I had to get this by becoming a member of Baidu, a fairly crazy process, and Google Translate. It was a bit of an undertaking. Last night, I played as the 04-05 Rockets against the 07-08 Utah Jazz with full rosters, including bench players. It was awesome!

This is by far the best roster available for 2K. There really is no other competition with anything like it. Cyberfaces are even fairly accurate for younger and older players. I'm ecstatic.
TheGame8544

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:56 am

TheGame8544 wrote:That's correct Peacemannot but I could find no English site anywhere in weeks of searching that had his files posted. His roster on 2kshare is pretty worthless without these files as they are what complete the teams and actually make it playable.

So my question for major members of NLSC and mods is should I open up another thread for this so every English speaker can get it, or should I post it in Viper's thead?

I had to get this by becoming a member of Baidu, a fairly crazy process, and Google Translate. It was a bit of an undertaking. Last night, I played as the 04-05 Rockets against the 07-08 Utah Jazz with full rosters, including bench players. It was awesome!

This is by far the best roster available for 2K. There really is no other competition with anything like it. Cyberfaces are even fairly accurate for younger and older players. I'm ecstatic.

Yes do open a thread, just make sure to clearly state that you didn't make it and give full credit to the original (Y)
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby TBM on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:15 am

Also, link to the baidu thread.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:41 am

Will do and will absolutely give Han all the credit.
TheGame8544

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:52 am

And I'm actually confused now. I'm not sure if Han and Viper Roster are the same modder. What I've got is from a Chinese poster that goes by the name of Han. I could have sworn I read somewhere he said something about Han and the Viper team but now when I look for it, I can't find it.

Regardless, it's by far the best roster available, and I don't see us needing much else. It can be improved by this community, but man it is awesome.
TheGame8544

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:42 am

TheGame8544 wrote:And I'm actually confused now. I'm not sure if Han and Viper Roster are the same modder. What I've got is from a Chinese poster that goes by the name of Han. I could have sworn I read somewhere he said something about Han and the Viper team but now when I look for it, I can't find it.

Regardless, it's by far the best roster available, and I don't see us needing much else. It can be improved by this community, but man it is awesome.

I have a few things to mention about Han Roster, and this is in NO WAY taking away from his work, its an awesome roster.

1. He overwrote portraits that I used for my All Time Teams Roster and Draft Roster. For example, he used the Clippers Shaun Livingston portrait for another player. meaning that if you are using my All Time Teams roster, and place his files in your modded folder, Shaun Livingston will no longer have the correct portrait. So his roster will conflict somewhat with my rosters, so just a heads up.

2. His roster cannot be used in myleague completely. The classic teams that he has in there do not have all teams at 13 guys. For example, if you try to start a Myleague with any team under 13 guys (99-00 Raptors, 64-65 Celtics, 85-86 Hawks etc etc), in Myleague those teams will be assigned random players at the start of the season in order to get them to 13, This is the same as the college teams in the roster. This is what I was getting around with my roster, until is stalled because of a lack of a roster editor. His roster is really good for Play Now if you don't care about those teams missing players.

Again, NOT AN INSULT TO HIS WORK. His work is awesome, just giving you a heads up on a few things.

Thanks,
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:16 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TheGame8544 wrote:And I'm actually confused now. I'm not sure if Han and Viper Roster are the same modder. What I've got is from a Chinese poster that goes by the name of Han. I could have sworn I read somewhere he said something about Han and the Viper team but now when I look for it, I can't find it.

I have a few things to mention about Han Roster, and this is in NO WAY taking away from his work, its an awesome roster.

1. He overwrote portraits that I used for my All Time Teams Roster and Draft Roster. For example, he used the Clippers Shaun Livingston portrait for another player. meaning that if you are using my All Time Teams roster, and place his files in your modded folder, Shaun Livingston will no longer have the correct portrait. So his roster will conflict somewhat with my rosters, so just a heads up.

2. His roster cannot be used in myleague completely. The classic teams that he has in there do not have all teams at 13 guys. For example, if you try to start a Myleague with any team under 13 guys (99-00 Raptors, 64-65 Celtics, 85-86 Hawks etc etc), in Myleague those teams will be assigned random players at the start of the season in order to get them to 13, This is the same as the college teams in the roster. This is what I was getting around with my roster, until is stalled because of a lack of a roster editor. His roster is really good for Play Now if you don't care about those teams missing players.

Again, NOT AN INSULT TO HIS WORK. His work is awesome, just giving you a heads up on a few things.

Thanks,

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm just now messing around with this as of last night and this morning, but his roster will still let you play a perfectly acceptable standard MyLeague. So I can use all the current teams and do a current MyLeague.

The problem you are referencing could be fixed as all his created teams have 13 players. So all we would need to do is create players to fill in the other classic teams, get them their cyberfaces/have someone in the community create them, and boom problem solved. Unless I'm missing something.

No insult to you or other roster modders around here, but what this guy did is far and away better than anything I was able to find. These Chinese modders are crazy with what they are able to accomplish so early in the process. I see no reason this can't be a base roster for everyone to work on. After all, he accomplished what you were trying to do with overwriting Euro teams with classic teams. It's a hell of an accomplishment. Add in the accurate jerseys, courts, cyberfaces, etc. and I'm blown away.
TheGame8544

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:23 am

TheGame8544 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Thanks,

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm just now messing around with this as of last night and this morning, but his roster will still let you play a perfectly acceptable standard MyLeague. So I can use all the current teams and do a current MyLeague.

The problem you are referencing could be fixed as all his created teams have 13 players. So all we would need to do is create players to fill in the other classic teams, get them their cyberfaces/have someone in the community create them, and boom problem solved. Unless I'm missing something.

Yes, the current teams can be used in a standard myleague. I'm saying the classic teams cant until they can be given 13 players, because I doubt you want them to have random players assigned.

And its not "boom, problem solved". Its not that easy. It takes a lot of work to get said teams to 13 guys and make it ACCURATE. Someone in the community to "Create them" as in make cyberfaces takes a ton of time, even created players takes a lot of time if done right. You are coming from 2k14, this stuff is not as easy as you think. Also, he made a lot of the classic teams down to like 9 guys (He hex edited the fakes out of the teams), meaning more than likely in order to get those teams back to 13 guys, the teams themselves need to be hex edited. Which also is not easy.

With something like this, it certainly isn't just "boom", it takes a ton of work. My all time teams roster with 100% accurate portraits and my fantasy draft roster took a combined over 200 hours, and that didn't even include hex editing. It included making the portraits, making the players the correct ages/numbers/faces/attributes/tendancies/years pro/moving players/ etc etc.

Its a huge job.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:35 am

I also want to note, I love your enthusiasm TheGame8544. But I come from modding NBA 2K14 and put over 5000 hours into that game, and it is not even close to as easy with this game. Also, its hard to find people who want to make end of bench players cyberfaces. I have found a ton of lookalikes myself. But my Classic Teams roster (which was put on hold) was going to be filling all the classic teams currently in the game, and add about 18 new ones, all teams would have 13 guys (atleast) and be able to be thrown in MyLeague.

I halted mine because of the lack of a roster editor, and because a recent patch impeded the already found ability to hex edit. And honestly, I havn't had enough time over the last month in order to figure everything out.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:36 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TheGame8544 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Thanks,

Yes, the current teams can be used in a standard myleague. I'm saying the classic teams cant until they can be given 13 players, because I doubt you want them to have random players assigned.

And its not "boom, problem solved". Its not that easy. It takes a lot of work to get said teams to 13 guys and make it ACCURATE. Someone in the community to "Create them" as in make cyberfaces takes a ton of time, even created players takes a lot of time if done right. You are coming from 2k14, this stuff is not as easy as you think. Also, he made a lot of the classic teams down to like 9 guys (He hex edited the fakes out of the teams), meaning more than likely in order to get those teams back to 13 guys, the teams themselves need to be hex edited. Which also is not easy.

With something like this, it certainly isn't just "boom", it takes a ton of work. My all time teams roster with 100% accurate portraits and my fantasy draft roster took a combined over 200 hours, and that didn't even include hex editing. It included making the portraits, making the players the correct ages/numbers/faces/attributes/tendancies/years pro/moving players/ etc etc.

Its a huge job.

I absolutely get all of that. But my point is if modders are going to work on their own projects, like yourself, I'd say this mod by Han is a hell of a lot farther along. It'd be better served working off this file than waiting/hoping we get an English roster editor that can allow us to do all this stuff ourselves. So if the work is going to be done anyway, then why not work off one file similar to what Hawk did with UBR?

If you know of a better file, please let me know. I'd love to use it. But when you're looking for something to have fun in Play Now with Classic Teams and be able to have an awesome MyLeague with coaches, free agent coaches, assistant coaches, etc, I haven't found a better option.
TheGame8544

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:39 am

TheGame8544 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Thanks,

No insult to you or other roster modders around here, but what this guy did is far and away better than anything I was able to find. These Chinese modders are crazy with what they are able to accomplish so early in the process. I see no reason this can't be a base roster for everyone to work on. After all, he accomplished what you were trying to do with overwriting Euro teams with classic teams. It's a hell of an accomplishment. Add in the accurate jerseys, courts, cyberfaces, etc. and I'm blown away.

My all time teams roster and draft roster was out there in November. The all time teams roster has 100% accurate portraits of the players with the team they are on, accurate ages, accurate faces, everything 100% accurate. It took everything I had to get that out as early as I did. It is not by far better than other works including mine. It depends on mod preference as well. I am standing up for myself here because od the "far and away better" comment. I put everything I had into my 2 rosters.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:41 am

I have a great start for my UBR base, including all teams 100% filled out to 93-94 Rockets. In regards to the euro team overwrite, we still have to hex edit those teams to get them to 13 (Which means we still have to do it). Just keep that in mind.

I also have 7 new classic teams filled with accurate portraits and about 90% accurate faces.

His deal doesn't escape us having to hex edit, we still have to do it.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:43 am

Dee4Three wrote:I also want to note, I love your enthusiasm TheGame8544. But I come from modding NBA 2K14 and put over 5000 hours into that game, and it is not even close to as easy with this game. Also, its hard to find people who want to make end of bench players cyberfaces. I have found a ton of lookalikes myself. But my Classic Teams roster (which was put on hold) was going to be filling all the classic teams currently in the game, and add about 18 new ones, all teams would have 13 guys (atleast) and be able to be thrown in MyLeague.

I halted mine because of the lack of a roster editor, and because a recent patch impeded the already found ability to hex edit. And honestly, I havn't had enough time over the last month in order to figure everything out.

Thanks man! I love your work as well and although I haven't posted much, I've been around this community a long time. It's absolutely one of the best around. Sadly with the loss of guys like Leftos and Vlad, our modding ability has taken a hit.

I'm not a cyberface guy. I suck at design. I do know how to make portraits and things like that but as far as creating faces, I wouldn't even know where to start. But as far as roster editing, I'd help with that all day every day.

With the lack of a real roster editor, I feel we are stuck with what we have. And in my humble opinion, this roster by Han is the best we have right now. Your classic teams roster is great for the purpose of people that want to play a MyLeague with classic teams but for a ton of people that simply want to play a legit MyLeague with current teams and also some fun classic teams, this seems like the best starting point.

And yeah, I'm super enthusiastic right now. I was so bummed when 2k15 was released and they changed the file structure. Then I got excited about Greg working on a roster editor that never materialized. Towards the end of 2k16's cycle, Panadero released his roster but with 2k17 around the corner, it seemed pointless. But now we've got the roster. It's what I've been looking for now for over 2 years.
TheGame8544

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding