Overwatch

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Overwatch

Postby Izzy Snow on Thu May 26, 2016 2:13 am

This game is getting raved reviews and in a couple of sites, Game Informer and Destructoid, they gave it a perfect 10!

I personally enjoyed the beta, which was basically the full game, enough so that I pre-ordered the game even though for $60, I was a bit hesitant since it's a MP only game. But this isn't the first MP only game that I've purchased day one that I thoroughly enjoy and will put many hours on. Titanfall is one of those games.

Anyone in the forum get the game and if so, how are you enjoying it and do you agree with this game being a perfect 10?
Izzy Snow

Re: Overwatch

Postby Andrew on Thu May 26, 2016 9:56 am

I enjoyed Conan's Clueless Gamer segment on it, mainly due to the random presence of Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey. :lol:

Aside from that though...a multiplayer shooter just isn't my thing.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Thu May 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Sounds like Blizzard's take on Team Fortress 2, which is a great game and it isn't on PS4/X1. How close am I?
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri May 27, 2016 6:46 am

Andrew wrote:I enjoyed Conan's Clueless Gamer segment on it, mainly due to the random presence of Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey. :lol:

I don't watch Conan anymore but I need to see this segment since I'm a big GoT fan also.

"Hold the door!"
Izzy Snow

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri May 27, 2016 6:46 am

Dommy73 wrote:Sounds like Blizzard's take on Team Fortress 2, which is a great game and it isn't on PS4/X1. How close am I?

Yup that's one of the games it gets compared to along with Battleborn.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Fri May 27, 2016 11:42 am

Izzy Snow wrote:
Andrew wrote:I enjoyed Conan's Clueless Gamer segment on it, mainly due to the random presence of Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey. :lol:

I don't watch Conan anymore but I need to see this segment since I'm a big GoT fan also.

"Hold the door!"

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat May 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Izzy Snow wrote:
Dommy73 wrote:Sounds like Blizzard's take on Team Fortress 2, which is a great game and it isn't on PS4/X1. How close am I?

battleborn is a moba so those comparisons have never been good. i think it just happened to be a product of timing why battleborn and overwatch were compared

overwatch has been called TF3 a lot in the past and its much like TF but with more characters (which i assume a TF3 would also have).

i played the beta a bit and it was fun but like andrew said, its just not my thing. as i have gotten older i find myself looking for more single player experiences with diablo being the only real exception right now
Sauru

Postby Patr1ck on Sun May 29, 2016 3:32 am

Sauru wrote:
Izzy Snow wrote:

battleborn is a moba so those comparisons have never been good. i think it just happened to be a product of timing why battleborn and overwatch were compared

overwatch has been called TF3 a lot in the past and its much like TF but with more characters (which i assume a TF3 would also have).

i played the beta a bit and it was fun but like andrew said, its just not my thing. as i have gotten older i find myself looking for more single player experiences with diablo being the only real exception right now

I must have an older brain or something, because this just described how I feel about it. I played the beta for a couple hours and just didn't enjoy myself. It's nothing really new to me other than the abilities.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:10 pm

Tried it, fell for it.

If someone wants to team up, my BNet is Dommy73#2143

EU time.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Izzy Snow on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:06 am

Dommy73 wrote:Tried it, fell for it.

If someone wants to team up, my BNet is Dommy73#2143

EU time.

I'll add you bud.
Izzy Snow

Postby benji on Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:14 pm

this is pretty good, even if 'm totally just playing the medic clone because i'm a god at medic (like duh right)
benji

Return to Off-Topic