Trump 2016

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Do you support Trump's views?

No
70%
Yes
17%
Undecided
13%

Total votes : 30

Re: Trump 2016

Postby Kevin on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:18 pm

this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Axel on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Kevin wrote:this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad. this is bad.

Don't worry, you can have all the liberals fleeing the country. They're presently crashing Canada's immigration website :D

http://www.businessinsider.com/canadian ... on-2016-11
Axel

Postby [Q] on Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:47 pm

Jesus.
I really really really hope that we won't be able to tell all Muslims, Latinos, immigrants, women, young people, native Americans, LGBTQ, and my fellow people of color who voted red or 3rd party "We told you so." in the next 4 years.

The edge came with a lower Democratic vote for blacks and especially Latinos (which is a head-scratcher)
8-9% of young people voted 3rd party so that split off enough of the votes in the close races to give Trump the win. People that were smart enough to realize that both candidates suck weren't smart enough to realize that a vote for a 3rd party is a vote for Trump. Your initiative to "stick it to the man" actually screwed you in the end.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby koberulz on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:09 pm

How is it a vote for Trump any more than it's a vote for Clinton?
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby [Q] on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:18 pm

If you're smart enough to realize that both candidates suck, you're more than likely a liberal/smart/college-educated person which is more likely to vote Democrat. Sticking it to the man and not voting Democrat hurts Hillary's overall numbers as racists/sexists/rich/conservatives are unified by one candidate

If in a swing state decided by less than 50,000 votes, and Gary Johnson takes 130,000 votes in that state, I would venture to guess a lot of those Johnson votes would normally go Democrat.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cpt(K) on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:28 pm

The exact same can be applied to the GOP candidate, it is literally the exact same thing #NeverHillary folks tell me. I appreciate the explanation, but there really is no difference.

On the contrary, the unwillingness of the other voters to abandon the two major parties caused this. The door was opened when Gary Johnson and Jill Stein entered the fray. Voters of third-parties stood with little to lose, because they could contend that if the candidate on their usually preferred ticket (in my case, GOP) wins- well, they've really only failed to win an in-party feud. They can still tolerate this. If the usually non-preferred ticket won (in my case the Democrats), then there's a better chance of some "message" being sent to the establishment. They may also tolerate this too.

Some voters realized this election would be won by either Trump or Clinton, but still maintained their resolve to not bend to either of them. Now, I'm not calling anyone out or anything. There's a plethora of reasons I believe someone can legitimately have to vote for either candidate. Hopefully, after four years of a Trump presidency, the public will be more willing to make an effort to give a third-party a chance. Likewise, maybe third-party candidates had better prepare themselves better for the next one.

Gary and Stein weren't far from the same tree as Clinton (and Trump really, he's a pancake). The Libertarians always allude that they are the agreeable middle ground, but this election they appeared more than left of center. This obviously discouraged many potential voters, myself included.

Point being, join the third-party and abandon the two-party system. Force the election to take a different direction, or keep having decisions like this. I'm not feeling particularly indignant, because I prefer Trump over Hillary- yet I would've loved a third-party to win still.

Here's to a GOP majority senate, and both houses. (Y) Now, if they can actually accomplish something- maybe more lost trust will be returned. The Democrats had a similar opportunity during the first half of Obama's first term, but waited until they lost the house to try anything (then subsequently created a feud to demonize dissenters- with garbage like "GOP-pushes-granny-off-a-cliff," which they wouldn't have to deal with the first two years).

Edit:
If you're smart enough to realize that both candidates suck, you're more than likely a liberal/smart/college-educated person which is more likely to vote Democrat. Sticking it to the man and not voting Democrat hurts Hillary's overall numbers as racists/sexists/rich/conservatives are unified by one candidate

Let's not regurgitate the exact rhetoric, that keeps conservatives and liberals at each others throats. I'm no better in this regard, deep down inside I have a silly desire to believe how much better I am than others, but it is not right- it is divisive. The divisiveness contributes to what drives people to desperately choose between the "lesser of two evils." Shriveling their resolve, and then blaming others for holding-the-line (or not holding-the-line in their minds, along the two-party line).
Cpt(K)

Postby benji on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:41 pm

A party doesn't own a vote, it has to earn it.

Gary Johnson voters are probably a thousand times more likely to have not voted than voted for Hillary.
benji

Postby iamSamke on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Trump won.
iamSamke

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:30 pm

benji wrote:A party doesn't own a vote, it has to earn it.

This. This is sentiment that will largely be lost among talking heads today. People looking for someone else to blame, so pointing fingers at people who went out and exercised their right to vote, and voted for who they wanted to (the horror!). If a problem exists, it is not with them.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:25 pm

BTW over here in Czech republic you can have internet connection 200/20 (down/up) for around $20 (often even cheaper or different configurations of up/down), one beer is roughly $1 (as in actual beer), lunch (soup, main meal) is around $4-5 and the downside is price of PC parts (on average it's 130% of the US price). Consoles are around the US prices, Sony/MS undercut the price to keep it same after taxes.
Also we have quite a lot of basketball events going on where I live so there's that.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby big-shot-ROB on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:12 am

[Q] wrote:If you're smart enough to realize that both candidates suck, you're more than likely a liberal/smart/college-educated person which is more likely to vote Democrat. Sticking it to the man and not voting Democrat hurts Hillary's overall numbers as racists/sexists/rich/conservatives are unified by one candidate

If in a swing state decided by less than 50,000 votes, and Gary Johnson takes 130,000 votes in that state, I would venture to guess a lot of those Johnson votes would normally go Democrat.

Tell that to the industry worker which will lose his/her job because his factory is being moved to China because of the liberty commerce traffic. I hate Trump, as much as I hate Clinton, but you just can not state the right votes are the ones who come from educated and liberal people. I don't think Trump's voters are all sexists/racists neither.

As a Spaniard myself I support Trump's exterior politics, despite hating him as person. He will not sign TTIP (which would've brought not healthy food and medicines over Europe), he is against the OTAN (which is why ISIS and AlQaeda appeared, because what the US and Europe Union is doing over those countries is shameless) and he is in favour of removing the troopes from Siria and the Balcans.

Despite you being in favour or against muslim immigration, have you ever thought about what is truly the US army doing over the middle-east countries? What were the reasons that pushed the appearence of ISIS? I don't support terrorist ways, but I am really against the kind of intervention that the first-world countries are carrying out on those lands.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Lamrock on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Sheesh, you know you live in a Democratic bubble when several of your Facebook friends are posting the suicide prevention hotline number...

Not the result I was hoping for. Would have happily settled for more of the same, and instead we get anything but. Hard to see anything good come from this, but Trump won fair and square so there's nothing to do now but hope for the best.
Lamrock

Postby Sauru on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:08 pm

what i love about this election is if you did not vote for hillary its because you are an uneducated, racist, misogynist, white male. there is just simply no other possibilities
Sauru

Postby Cpt(K) on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Sauru wrote:what i love about this election is if you did not vote for hillary its because you are an uneducated, racist,xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, micro-aggressive ,misogynist, privileged, patriarchal, cis-gendered white male mansplaining bigot deplorable. there is just simply no other possibilities

Fix'd (Y) :wink: I know a missed quite a few . . .
Cpt(K)

Postby NovU on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:04 pm

You kids need to understand Trump's victory is a symbol of growing hatred against ruling elites.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Sauru on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:16 pm

Cpt(K) wrote:
Sauru wrote:what i love about this election is if you did not vote for hillary its because you are an uneducated, racist,xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, micro-aggressive ,misogynist, privileged, patriarchal, cis-gendered white male mansplaining bigot deplorable. there is just simply no other possibilities

Fix'd (Y) :wink: I know a missed quite a few . . .

thanks for the assist. i knew i simplified it too much.
Sauru

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:50 pm

NovU wrote:You kids need to understand Trump's victory is a symbol of growing hatred against ruling elites.

And Trump is what exactly? He just doesn't say it about himself...
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Phil89 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:52 pm

2012 Trump wouldn't have liked this election.

My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby benji on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:45 pm

http://www.newsweek.com/myths-cost-demo ... ion-521044
On Friday, I almost assaulted a fan of my work. I was in the Philadelphia International Airport, and a man who recognized me from one of my appearances on a television news show approached. He thanked me for the investigative reporting I had done about Donald Trump before the election, expressed his outrage that the Republican nominee had won and then told me quite gruffly, “Get back to work.” Something about his arrogance struck me, so I asked, “Who did you vote for?”

He replied, “Well, Stein, but—” I interrupted him and said, “You’re lucky it’s illegal for me to punch you in the face.” Then, after telling him to have sex with himself—but with a much cruder term—I turned and walked away.

A certain kind of liberal makes me sick. These people traffic in false equivalencies, always pretending that both nominees are the same, justifying their apathy and not voting or preening about their narcissistic purity as they cast their ballot for a person they know cannot win. I have no problem with anyone who voted for Trump, because they wanted a Trump presidency. I have an enormous problem with anyone who voted for Trump or Stein or Johnson—or who didn’t vote at all—and who now expresses horror about the outcome of this election. If you don’t like the consequences of your own actions, shut the hell up.

Easily the most ridiculous argument this year was that the DNC was some sort of monolith that orchestrated the nomination of Hillary Clinton against the will of “the people.” This was immensely popular with the Bernie-or-Busters, those who declared themselves unwilling to vote for Clinton under any circumstances because the Democratic primary had been rigged (and how many of these people laughed when Trump started moaning about election rigging?). The notion that the fix was in was stupid, as were the people who believed it.

Start with this: The DNC, just like the Republican National Committee, is an impotent organization with very little power. It is composed of the chair and vice chair of the Democratic parties of each state, along with over 200 members elected by Democrats. What it does is fundraise, organize the Democratic National Convention and put together the party platform. It handles some organizational activity but tries to hold down its expenditures during the primaries; it has no authority to coordinate spending with any candidate until the party’s nominee is selected. This was why then-President Richard Nixon reacted with incredulity when he heard that some of his people had ordered a break-in at the DNC offices at the Watergate; he couldn’t figure out what information anyone would want out of such a toothless organization.

I have seen the opposition book assembled by Republicans for Sanders, and it was brutal. The Republicans would have torn him apart. And while Sanders supporters might delude themselves into believing that they could have defended him against all of this, there is a name for politicians who play defense all the time: losers.

Here are a few tastes of what was in store for Sanders, straight out of the Republican playbook: He thinks rape is A-OK. In 1972, when he was 31, Sanders wrote a fictitious essay in which he described a woman enjoying being raped by three men. Yes, there is an explanation for it—a long, complicated one, just like the one that would make clear why the Clinton emails story was nonsense. And we all know how well that worked out.

Then there’s the fact that Sanders was on unemployment until his mid-30s, and that he stole electricity from a neighbor after failing to pay his bills, and that he co-sponsored a bill to ship Vermont’s nuclear waste to a poor Hispanic community in Texas, where it could be dumped.

Worst of all, the Republicans also had video of Sanders at a 1985 rally thrown by the leftist Sandinista government in Nicaragua where half a million people chanted, “Here, there, everywhere/the Yankee will die,’’ while President Daniel Ortega condemned “state terrorism” by America. Sanders said, on camera, supporting the Sandinistas was “patriotic.”

The Republicans had at least four other damning Sanders videos (I don’t know what they showed), and the opposition research folder was almost 2-feet thick.
benji

Postby Phil89 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:09 am

Oh god, the irony of all those Trump supporters calling the media liars and saying that anyone who listens to them are "sheeple", whilst they themselves blindly believe anything that Donald says. It's like a cult.

I wonder how he will spin this one to his flock..

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-trump ... SKBN13D1UI
Donald Trump agreed on Friday to pay $25 million to settle fraud lawsuits over his Trump University real estate seminars, in what New York's attorney general called a "stunning reversal" for the U.S. president-elect.

My Stories
Phil89

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:26 pm

At this point, maligning and broad-brushing a candidate's supporters isn't very effective. They'd say the same about you (don't for a minute think Trump is the only flip-floppin' pancake), which obviously exemplifies the poor state of political discourse. The fact Trump won, as what has been circulated by a variety of places- could be because of the incessant amount of pejoratives, double-speak, and the ever opinion-changing (just kidding) condescending remarks.

I despise celebrities when they try to appear politically informed and altruistic, but Michael Moore may have been onto something with his: "Trump's election is the biggest F-U in history." A sentiment that is lost on the MSM, which tries to insist it absolutely couldn't be anything other than racism, misogyny, and the whole enchilada of evil. Sure, they'll recognize other aspects a little, but they play the same cords- always. The fraying of their most common instruments, could just be a sign of the ginned up hatred for pseudo journalism.
Cpt(K)

Postby Sauru on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:08 am

the bottom line is trump didnt win, hillary lost, despite the media's best efforts in making trump seem worse than hillary
Sauru

Postby NovU on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:41 am

phpBB [video]
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Phil89 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:06 pm

So, after months of calling her "crooked Hillary" and vowing to put her in jail, Trump suddenly won't be pursuing any criminal action against Clinton? Wasn't that campaign promise #1?

And isn't this exactly what he spent the past two years accusing her of doing? Using her charity's money for her own benefit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
President-elect Donald Trump’s charitable foundation has admitted to the Internal Revenue Service that it violated a legal prohibition against “self-dealing,” which bars nonprofit leaders from using their charity’s money to help themselves, their businesses or their families.

The admission was contained in the Donald J. Trump Foundation’s IRS tax filings for 2015, which were recently posted online at the nonprofit-tracking site GuideStar. A GuideStar spokesman said the forms were uploaded by the Trump Foundation’s law firm, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius.

--

In one section of the form, the IRS asked whether the Trump Foundation had transferred “income or assets to a disqualified person.” A disqualified person, in this context, might be Trump — the foundation’s president — or a member of his family or a Trump-owned business.

The foundation checked yes.

--

Another line on the form asked whether the Trump Foundation had engaged in any acts of self-dealing in prior years. The Trump Foundation checked yes again.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Surprise, surprise, he's making U-turns on his promises and is far from being an angel.

On the bright side: sounds like his presidency will be business as usual for you guys.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic