Med's NBA Roster v12.1c Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Med's NBA Roster v4.4 Previews - Decision Making

Postby St3fan on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:11 am

mcdonuts wrote:I gotta question for Mr. Medevenx :D I just installed a fresh copy of the game along with 4.3 mod with all the files and then I try to install the Kings court, it just doesn't show up, the court is still the old one! All of the others are working just fine. Did I miss something, is it the roster file or something else? Audio ID of the Kings arena in RED MC is set to -1 (and the others all have an appropriate number) and I can't edit it because I don't have all the tabs for RED MC unlocked. Thx in advance, sorry if it's been answered here before :D

EDIT: Never mind, I just found a solution. Had to delete conflicting files from 'downloads' folder in the %appdata% directory.

wHAT FILES DID U DELETE? iff of Kings court? I have the same problem...
St3fan

Postby Medevenx on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:31 pm

St3fan wrote:wHAT FILES DID U DELETE? iff of Kings court? I have the same problem...

Delete the contents of your Online Data folder.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby St3fan on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:04 am

Medevenx wrote:
St3fan wrote:wHAT FILES DID U DELETE? iff of Kings court? I have the same problem...

Delete the contents of your Online Data folder.

Tnx Medevenx! (Y)
St3fan

Postby sanmarco on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi med. Are you gonna add updated courts in your updates from now on?
sanmarco
Spalla Camicia

Med's NBA Roster v4.4 Beta Released

Postby Medevenx on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:32 am

The long-awaited 2016-2017 NBA season update has been released! Unfortunately, with the long time we took working on the update, the amount of time for testing MyCareer mode is still insufficient. Further testing for MyCareer mode is required in order for it to be fixed. While most of the work has already been finished in order to fix MyCareer mode, the testing part is very time consuming. The new update provides us with accurate rosters for the 2016-2017 NBA season. It also adds a lot of new courts, jerseys, and other updates to the growing roster!

Download Now
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Re: Med's NBA Roster v4.4 Beta Released

Postby worm91 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Just wanted to say THANK YOU and great job Med :bowdown:
I'm installing the v4.4 Beta right now. I'll leave some feedback soon.
worm91

Postby shakir3 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Great roster always thank you Med. My feedbacks :

-Some new players definietly need cyberfaces , there is a list :
1)Daniel Ochefu
2)Bryn Forbes
3)Kyle Wiltjer
4)Chinanu Onuaku
5)Fred VanVleet
6)Michael Gbinije
7)Darian Finney-Smith
8)Marshall Plumlee
9)Treveon Graham
10)Rodney McGruder

I can help to Ref pics btw.RamBu mades good faces maybe he can help :)

-Player Overalls needs an update in my opinion.I will prepare a list decreasing and increasing ovrlls.

-Starting 5's need update (simply example Taj Gibson starter , Niko in bench)
It's my suggestion : You should use this site : http://basketball.realgm.com/nba

-You know real current playable rosters 13 but in 2k14 it is 12. Can you do something about it ? It's only question.

PLUS: Pelicans sign Archie Goodwin , released Stephenson.
shakir3

Postby LT BASKETBALL on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:42 pm

ZIPPSER MISSING....and one from cleveland :roll:
LT BASKETBALL

Postby thopak0919 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:54 am

Thank You Master Med's , Great Job and More Power

Looking forward for full version and hopefully MyCareer mode has been fixed

Again thank you and More Power

:bowdown: Med's :bowdown2:
thopak0919

Postby vb9 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:03 am

downloaded, gonna install it later today/tomorrow and then after some mycareer games ill leave some feedback.

EDIT: 2K just realeased a patch that will fixalmost everything annoying in the game. So I'll be back on 2K17 for some time.
vb9

Postby bigboss096 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:33 am

Amazing job Med. I'm having a lot of fun with the new update. Thanks a lot for it.
bigboss096

Postby sanmarco on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:08 pm

inevitable that 2k14 might be harder to update as the years pass because of the switch to a newer 2k franchise. you're all still here sticking with a 3 year old game. to everyone who's been a contributor, med et al, your dedication is much appreciated.
sanmarco
Spalla Camicia

Postby kal_14 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:09 am

Hi Med, I was wondering if I could help with the animations (jumpshot releases, free throws, etc). Maybe I could post them here and you could apply it to your next update like v4.5? I have several edits for a lot of teams. :mrgreen:
kal_14

Postby Mindozavr on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:56 pm

we really need your roster without animation mod :)

great job as usually
Mindozavr

Postby Pep on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:56 am

Who is that Aldrin2K? I ask, because I don't remember if I gave him a permission to editing my works or not.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby dacrossover on Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Pepis21 wrote:Who is that Aldrin2K? I ask, because I don't remember if I gave him a permission to editing my works or not.

Leave dat man alone n let him do his job. its not like ur releasing anything these days. we need these new jersey updates.
dacrossover

Postby worm91 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:23 pm

One thing I've noticed and wanted to mention:

The "Potential" stat is the Overall a player can reach, right? (So I've read online and seems to be right according to what I've seen playin Association). In that case, we find some issues here. For instance, Mudiay, who is 19 and 74 overall on this update, has a 80 Potential. We can discuss here if we think Mudiay when he reaches his prime will deserve better than 80. I think most of us would agree on this, but it's kind of a personal opinion.`Similar things would happen to many others like Jokic, Lavine or Marcus Smart. But what I really think makes this a problem to be solved are cases like Elfrid Payton's. 21 years old, 74 overall, and 74 potential. Or even worse, Schroeder is 22, with 77 overall and a 75 Potential. This situation means that this players do not improve AT ALL. I've simulated 2 season with the Orlando Magics, and despite playing 30+ minutes per game, Payton has a 74 overall.

I might be wrong about what the Potential stat actually means, if that's the case, my apologies. But I tested it twice and it seems to go like I've mentioned. Using the update as it comes, Payton and Schroeder did not improve at all in 2 years. After editing myself Schroeder (and leaving Payton untouched), he's improving after every season and Payton remains on a 74 overall.

Hope I made myself understandable and this feedback helps in the future. Once again, thank you for your job here (Y)

PS: The Atlanta Hawks released Tavares and signed Ryan Kelly.
worm91

Postby Pep on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:30 am

crossover97 wrote:Leave dat man alone n let him do his job. its not like ur releasing anything these days. we need these new jersey updates.

I understand that and I agree I'm out of business right now and you need these, but you know, it's a little bit unfair that he put his logo on a texture when he actually isn't a creator, but an editor. Of course If he has a permission (I remember that I gave it to someone, but don't remember for who) it is ok for me, if he hasn't, he should give a credits. :)
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby worm91 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi, I've got a question that maybe someone here can answer: How do you edit a player's age to be born on 1995 onwards? Like Dragan Bender for instance, that the game shows Birth year: 1997.

I like to make my own Draft Classes but the editor doesn't allow me to make players younger than 19 years old, and if I use the 4.4 version my created players are 22 at least by the time they get drafted (first post-season on Association).
worm91

Postby dacrossover on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:31 am

are you going to add new shoes to your roster?
dacrossover

Postby Book_Gazette on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:08 am

worm91 wrote:One thing I've noticed and wanted to mention:

The "Potential" stat is the Overall a player can reach, right? (So I've read online and seems to be right according to what I've seen playin Association). In that case, we find some issues here. For instance, Mudiay, who is 19 and 74 overall on this update, has a 80 Potential. We can discuss here if we think Mudiay when he reaches his prime will deserve better than 80. I think most of us would agree on this, but it's kind of a personal opinion.`Similar things would happen to many others like Jokic, Lavine or Marcus Smart. But what I really think makes this a problem to be solved are cases like Elfrid Payton's. 21 years old, 74 overall, and 74 potential. Or even worse, Schroeder is 22, with 77 overall and a 75 Potential. This situation means that this players do not improve AT ALL. I've simulated 2 season with the Orlando Magics, and despite playing 30+ minutes per game, Payton has a 74 overall.

I might be wrong about what the Potential stat actually means, if that's the case, my apologies. But I tested it twice and it seems to go like I've mentioned. Using the update as it comes, Payton and Schroeder did not improve at all in 2 years. After editing myself Schroeder (and leaving Payton untouched), he's improving after every season and Payton remains on a 74 overall.

Hope I made myself understandable and this feedback helps in the future. Once again, thank you for your job here (Y)

PS: The Atlanta Hawks released Tavares and signed Ryan Kelly.

This is just a value to be set to help the game develop based on conditions on/off the court. The player will get the point if he doesn't get , likes his team, and has a role. Otherwise that value wouldn't be reached. That is my hypothesis after giving a player 99 potential and they rose to a 93 overall in 2 seasons. It usually stays there for quite a bit.
Book_Gazette

Postby Book_Gazette on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:13 am

worm91 wrote:Hi, I've got a question that maybe someone here can answer: How do you edit a player's age to be born on 1995 onwards? Like Dragan Bender for instance, that the game shows Birth year: 1997.

I like to make my own Draft Classes but the editor doesn't allow me to make players younger than 19 years old, and if I use the 4.4 version my created players are 22 at least by the time they get drafted (first post-season on Association).

This problem I don't know how to solve, but I've heard Cheat Engine can fix the issue. Scan the last available year number and see if you can change it on there.

Just some brief history (sorry :mrgreen: )

This was put in place following the 2005-06 season because there were a ton of high school players entering, and many were not polished completely, so they told them you can go to College, go overseas (dleague), or train by yourself, and this made the NCAA a lot of money in a bad way, causing the recent Ben Simmons protest
Book_Gazette

Postby Culture Games on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:10 am

Is there a way to turn off the team audio stories where the announcers wont always talk about stuff from the 2014 season? It doesnt really fit anymore. Is there a setting that will make them just call the game?
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby isko on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Book_Gazette wrote:
worm91 wrote:Hi, I've got a question that maybe someone here can answer: How do you edit a player's age to be born on 1995 onwards? Like Dragan Bender for instance, that the game shows Birth year: 1997.

This problem I don't know how to solve, but I've heard Cheat Engine can fix the issue. Scan the last available year number and see if you can change it on there.

Just some brief history (sorry :mrgreen: )

This was put in place following the 2005-06 season because there were a ton of high school players entering, and many were not polished completely, so they told them you can go to College, go overseas (dleague), or train by yourself, and this made the NCAA a lot of money in a bad way, causing the recent Ben Simmons protest

is there a tut on how to change birth date on draft classes by cheatengine?
isko

Postby aldrin94 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Pepis21 wrote:
crossover97 wrote:Leave dat man alone n let him do his job. its not like ur releasing anything these days. we need these new jersey updates.

I understand that and I agree I'm out of business right now and you need these, but you know, it's a little bit unfair that he put his logo on a texture when he actually isn't a creator, but an editor. Of course If he has a permission (I remember that I gave it to someone, but don't remember for who) it is ok for me, if he hasn't, he should give a credits. :)

My deepest apology to Pepis21 for re-modding his works accidentally for I don't know the respective authors of the files in our 2K14 folder now. There are so many modders that came out today and I'm one of them, so I do not know who will I give the credit for the base. But somehow I always put "(c) to the base whenever I release my works. I just want to update the jerseys prior to the releases of it in the NBA and on its demand and requests. Once again I apologize.
aldrin94

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding