Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Jackal on Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:36 am

Good job young fellas.

Next game: play some defense. :D

I love D'Lo's game, that kid is so smooth.
Jackal

Postby Chicago1 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:41 am

Great start to the season, let's win more games this year :D
Who dares wins
Chicago1

Postby [Q] on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:42 am

Jackal wrote:[ Image ]

Good job young fellas.

Next game: play some defense. :D

I love D'Lo's game, that kid is so smooth.

Not a fan of DLo's attitude but he's a young kid. I'm more of a Clarkson guy myself. Reminds me of Eddie Jones who is one of my favorite Lakers of all time
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:32 pm

Guess I jinxed em there, huh?

Hopefully Ingram's knee is okay. Randle needs to learn how to set screens.
Jackal

Postby Stress Fracture on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:59 am

Is Walton experimenting with Ingram? Saw him playing PG in this game against OKC
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Jackal on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:57 pm

He's been playing the point forward since I think the second game in pre-season. It gets him more involved in the offense when D'Lo & Randle are sitting. He's got the handles for it and he's been doing a nice job of initiating the offense. More importantly; he plays more aggressively since he's more involved.
Jackal

Postby NovU on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:11 am

Is Clarkson being punished or something. Thought he would be a starter.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Jackal on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:52 pm

Why does it matter? He's getting 25-28 minutes a game so far and he's the primary option off the bench. Young has been playing his heart out on defense so I'm fine with him starting.

Scott would be the one "punishing" players. See: Lin, Black, Ed Davis. "Man up!"

The team is competing and that's all you can hope for. They've hung around with the Rockets & Thunder, that's not something I'd have expected last year at all.
Jackal

Postby Jackal on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:37 am

Nice win over the Hawks in Atlanta, Lou Williams really played well in that one. Not really a fan of his but he had some winning plays in the third and fourth.

This team competes, they've managed to close the huge lead gaps and fight their way back but have a difficult time actually winning the games.

As a fan, I'm just glad they don't hang their heads and quit.

Wish Ingram would have an impactful game in the near future.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Lakers hero dwight Howard goes for 31 &11 against his beloved former team :o

Like to see Russell get to the basket more
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:11 am

Good game all around by the Lakers. Really enjoying this team and their movement on offense and effort on defense.

10th and 17th in offensive and defensive efficiency compared to last years 29 and 30 thanks to isoKobe and Man Up Scott.
Jackal

Postby Murat on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:11 pm

I love this team...the throwback uniforms looked so insane at these guys.

This team reminds me of 90s Lakers. So enjoyable to watch.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bruce on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:10 pm

The Lakers' offensive system looks very simple, but they have had a way better start to the season than I could have imagined. Calderon and Huertas really stink at this point in the season. That is to say, I was not really putting much hope on them from the beginning, but of course the season is still young. Randle is a beast in some gamers so far, but I think that he is still showing that he has very limited potential, the very reason he fell to number 7 in the draft. I hope Zubac can turn out to be more than a gamble.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Jackal on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:14 am

Bruce wrote:Randle is a beast in some gamers so far, but I think that he is still showing that he has very limited potential, the very reason he fell to number 7 in the draft.

What? That's nonsense. Only reason Randle dropped was because of the concerns regarding his foot.

Randle has improved compared to last year. He's much more restrained and has fewer slip-ups aka bull in the china shop moments where he's just out of control with no idea what to do. He isn't setting effective screens at this point but that's something that can be taught over time.

Compared to last season he's doing a much better job of pushing the ball after a rebound, he's showing more effort on defense after showing he took plays off last season, he's less hesitant to take that 17-18 foot jumper (and actually hitting some of them) and he's playing within the system.

See the play against the Suns when he and Chandler got in to it. Last year he'd take the ball to the hole, lose it some how or throw up an awful shot. Yesterday he drew the defense towards him and made the correct play by passing it to Clarkson for the three. That's growth.

As tough as I am on him we must remember he's basically in his second season.

Oh and he's actually developing/using his right hand.

Completely disagree with your assessment of Randle.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:34 am

Jackal wrote:
Bruce wrote:Randle is a beast in some gamers so far, but I think that he is still showing that he has very limited potential, the very reason he fell to number 7 in the draft.

What? That's nonsense. Only reason Randle dropped was because of the concerns regarding his foot.

Randle has improved compared to last year. He's much more restrained and has fewer slip-ups aka bull in the china shop moments where he's just out of control with no idea what to do. He isn't setting effective screens at this point but that's something that can be taught over time.

Compared to last season he's doing a much better job of pushing the ball after a rebound, he's showing more effort on defense after showing he took plays off last season, he's less hesitant to take that 17-18 foot jumper (and actually hitting some of them) and he's playing within the system.

See the play against the Suns when he and Chandler got in to it. Last year he'd take the ball to the hole, lose it some how or throw up an awful shot. Yesterday he drew the defense towards him and made the correct play by passing it to Clarkson for the three. That's growth.

As tough as I am on him we must remember he's basically in his second season.

Oh and he's actually developing/using his right hand.

Completely disagree with your assessment of Randle.

Yeah I don't know what limitations there are because he's rebounding and running fast breaks, hitting mid range jumpers, and threading the needle with no-look passes with his off-hand. Most nights, he'll be the best Lakers player on the floor and every night the most important big man for them. That's already a huge improvement over the bull in the China shop a year ago
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:41 pm

What an awesome second half against the Kings. Great effort after being down as much as 19 in the first. They really played Cousins well in the second half and the bench did what the bench has been doing so far this young season; provide energy, hustle and play good defense.

Cousins is an awesome player, so skilled but so easily rattled. What was the need for the chest to chest at the end with Randle? So easily rattled. Love Randle just smiling it off.

Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:37 am

I don't remember the last time I enjoyed watching the Lakers like this. Julius is so sick but I hate the draymond comparison as he's more like an Odom to me.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:47 am

Is Clarkson a legit starting guard on a good team?? With the current cast and Walton's hot hand approach, I wonder if he is a good fit in a backcourt w Russell
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:35 am

If you asked me before the season I would have said that Jordan was easily the best player on the team.

He doesn't get the fanfare as he doesn't ballhog or shoot as much as Russell. Hell, he doesn't even start but I think it gives the team better balance.
I'd say he's more low key like Eddie Jones so he doesn't really wow you but is an integral part of the team
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:28 am

I think he could be, but I also think he's really well suited for the 6th man role. With Russell and Clarkson together the problem would be they are both most effective with the ball in their hands, the duo of Russell/Young is effective because Young can spot up quite well and he's really bringing it on the defensive side.

The team plays like a team, it's refreshing. Like you said; Walton going with the hot hand approach gives everyone their chance if they are doing well. Love the 10 man rotation, no one is above 30 mpg at the moment.

The Green comparison was bound to happen since he's the new age prototype 4 everyone wants. Also the fact it's Walton coaching after being with the Warriors. Let Randle be Randle, hope he keeps improving.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:29 am

For him to turn out as Eddie Jones would be very unexpected. One of my fav players from the late 90's

Seems to me he's a tweeter type so far at least on offense. His assist rate is pretty low to be a point guard. But maybe that's Waltons marching orders
Jump.
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:58 pm

[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:23 pm

Is Julius the best player on Lakers team?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Jackal on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:34 am

He's the most versatile at the moment, I think he's playing that way too. (As the best player.)

I think Russell & Ingram (especially him, I hope) will be the best players overall but at the moment Randle is killing it.

Best bench in the league though. The guys are killing it.
Jackal

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:39 am

Cool. Russell and Ingram still possess higher potential I guess. But Julius also will be a force in this league. Post Kobe era is off to a fast start it seems if Lakers can maintain 500 for the season.

I didnt like Kobe but I still miss him thi. Lol i guess we all do.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball