Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Vicerex on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:28 am

Did they finally fix the layups to not require shot meter? I ask because I logged in today and had a minor patch update and I noticed your new slider set no longer has meter turned to on. I haven't had a chance to play these sliders yet but I'm about to.
Vicerex

Postby dreamagain on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:08 am

Yes that was fixed in 1.05.

Lillard destoryed me with these sliders dude was just hitting pull up 3's left and right -_-
dreamagain

Postby Vicerex on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:34 am

I only tried these sliders for one game, but I got beat pretty hard. I lost in almost every single category possible. I forgot to take a screen shot but off the top of my head I lost by about 30 pts, was out rebounded by around 20, they shot around 55% and 51% from 3pt, while I shot about 42% and 33% 3pt. Could have just been bad luck, but I got curb checked.

Randy Foye was their player of the game, he scored 35 points. He had 5 or 6 threes just in the first quarter. Not hating on Foye in real life, but that's not realistic.

With that being said, it was nice to lose as the previous set was too easy for me, so now that I know this set is challenging I can tweak some things here & there.
Vicerex

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:04 am

Vicerex wrote:I only tried these sliders for one game, but I got beat pretty hard. I lost in almost every single category possible. I forgot to take a screen shot but off the top of my head I lost by about 30 pts, was out rebounded by around 20, they shot around 55% and 51% from 3pt, while I shot about 42% and 33% 3pt. Could have just been bad luck, but I got curb checked.

Randy Foye was their player of the game, he scored 35 points. He had 5 or 6 threes just in the first quarter. Not hating on Foye in real life, but that's not realistic.

With that being said, it was nice to lose as the previous set was too easy for me, so now that I know this set is challenging I can tweak some things here & there.

That's funny, because I've been seeing the exact opposite. I've played 4 games post patch, and my games have been extremely close and competitive. I split with a 2-2 record. The only thing that is unbalanced is FT's. I went to the line way more than the CPU. Maybe it's because I'm taking the ball to the hoop, I don't know. I wish I knew how to take a screenshot to show some of my results. The CPU 3 pt shooting has been toned down, and the User defense has improved, in regards to steals, blocks and deflections. I'm satisfied so far. As far as Randy Foye getting 35 pts, that is very realistic if a player gets a hot hand. It shows that star players aren't the only ones that can have a big night. Bravo !!
Uncle Drew

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:36 am

Just got beat by the Sixers by 20. I was playing with the Pacers. I love the challenge, nice improvement on the sliders. One bad thing though, the CPU had only 4 drivings to the lane. Yes, 4, I counted them from the very first second of the game. There was a realistic amount of points scored inside the paint, but they were usually a result of quick passes while the scoring guy was left wide open in the paint. I know there was a problem with the CPU driving to the basket last year too, you admited at some point it should happen more often. It's just my feedback man. Loving the sliders nevertheless :applaud:
I Hate Mondays

Postby dreamagain on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:52 am

I did the same thing with Shady's sliders in 2k16 as I did here. Take the contested gather/release and bump it up from 0/0 to 20/20. I appreciate being able to hit/CPU hitting on me tough contested shots but when you contest a shot PERFECTLY and it goes in and the announcer says "Wow he couldn't be any more wide open can somebody get a hand up!" it's a little annoying. Also this year they added in specific contested/open ratings for each player so in theory this slider shouldn't need to be 0/0 anymore given there's a built in system designed for every player now to determine this.

Anyways these are the best sliders out there but just remember sliders are a preference. You can take Shady's and make a few adjustments for your style. They aren't the word of god! He provides the best template to get started though, imo.
dreamagain

Postby Nikica94 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:42 pm

I played a couple games and slider are huge shift. :bowdown: But i still see a backdor cuts too often by CPU.And FG% are still high by CPU, i lowered 3pt and mid range by 35 and no luck, cpu still hitting shots and the tough ones too over the hand and tough D. Then i tweaked deffensive avarnes and consistency to equal by CPU and then the game started to look better for me and more competitive,but too easy,so i really need some advice to be in middle if you know what i mean. Before that no matter which team i play versus they outscore me by 10 or more.. i really like the effort by you Shady and MY league slider are great so far, looking forward for some new updates by you, or some advice to tweak this issues. Keep up the good work my man! Sorry for my bad english im from Serbia bro. :D
Nikica94

Postby Vicerex on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:25 am

After a couple adjustments I'm having some really good & fun games. The stats are for the most part realistic and not too lopsided for CPU or myself. The only complaint I still have is the CPU shoots over 50% almost every game, while I'm shooting around 40-44% of average (even had one reallllly bad game where I shot 33%). I'm still able to stay in most games and usually win though due to how much they foul me, I'm getting around 20-30 free throws a game which makes up for them out shooting me in FG's.

I'm not sure what to do about the CPU shooting %, it's really low right now, maybe lower than we've ever had it and they still hit over 50% quite often. It's almost as if the sliders don't even affect their shooting anymore. Even still, playing some good D and drawing tons of fouls I can keep the games competitive and still pull out the win more times than not. I think we're getting close to a great slider set already even this early, a few more tweaks here & there and we will be golden.
Vicerex

Postby dreamagain on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:17 am

idk if it's the sliders or just terrible game design but my guys keep giving up wide open dunks. Center will cut to the rim and my guy will just sit in the middle of no where and not even go help
dreamagain

Postby mp3 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:01 pm

That's a 2k bug not a slider issue, I've messed around with the sliders a lot and you see it happen all the time.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Vicerex on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:59 am

Even though it's a bug I personally don't mind it, there is a lot of uncontested drives to the hoop in the real NBA. So even though it looks silly in the game it still adds a small layer of realism in the end. Even the best NBA defenders take a play off now and then, no one is contesting every single shot every single time. However, we rarely get the benefit of the wide open dunks so I guess I can see where the complaints come from.
Vicerex

Postby mp3 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:10 pm

Exactly, just the other day I was playing as the knicks vs Pacers and had a mismatch of Monta Ellis guarding Melo on a switch so I went to the basket and couldn't really get passed him so I went to the back down where Ellis some how felt more like Shaq resulting in me attempting a fade away at the buzzer.

I've seen one guy online say that we couldn't get to the basket with LeBron when he had Steph Curry on him, I have also had times where I get a steal or the cpu turns the ball over at half court and iam sprinting to the basket with what appears to be a good 10 foot between me and the defender that resulting in either a chase down block or a foul once I get stuck in a slow animation going up to dunk/layup
mp3

Postby Apollo 13 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:48 pm

I'm seeing some straight BS in my games that wasn't there before. I'm on my 2nd game using the sliders and notice CPU hitting contested shots like i'm not even their at a high rate. What's even more messed up is I just watched two 3's go in back to back with my player all on the CPU that it did the contested shot animation and the shots went in.
Apollo 13

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:05 pm

I love these sliders but when i play against CPU, i want more jump on pump fake.
I dunno which value(s) i must change ?
sticky-fingers

Postby mp3 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Contest shots tendency maybe.
mp3

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Already tried ;) even the settings from 2K13/15/16 found on operationsports, but AI never jump, except in the paint.
With Curry or Irving, 2/3/4 pump fakes... no jump, and CPU let me the place to shoot, even after 2 or 3 sucess at 3pt.

You can't do that with 2K17 :
http://www.nba.com/video/games/grizzlie ... -play4.nba
http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/20 ... play8.nba/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6XzGY8HETs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELQJBLK475U
sticky-fingers

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:09 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Already tried ;) even the settings from 2K13/15/16 found on operationsports, but AI never jump, except in the paint.
With Curry or Irving, 2/3/4 pump fakes... no jump, and CPU let me the place to shoot, even after 2 or 3 sucess at 3pt.

You can't do that with 2K17 :
http://www.nba.com/video/games/grizzlie ... -play4.nba
http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/20 ... play8.nba/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6XzGY8HETs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELQJBLK475U

It would be nice to do though
I Hate Mondays

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:55 pm

We can add this one : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x52i51 ... dunk_sport

Any idea Shady Mike ? :oops:
sticky-fingers

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:00 am

Apollo 13 wrote:I'm seeing some straight BS in my games that wasn't there before. I'm on my 2nd game using the sliders and notice CPU hitting contested shots like i'm not even their at a high rate. What's even more messed up is I just watched two 3's go in back to back with my player all on the CPU that it did the contested shot animation and the shots went in.

I know. This HAS to be fixed !! It's not fun playing good defense, and they make the shot anyway, as well as defending players coming off screens. A few misses would be nice, but they make every freakin shot !! CPU field goal %, is insane.
Uncle Drew

Postby dreamagain on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:34 am

I don't get it do you guys look at the slider values you put in before complaining?

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 0/0
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 0/0

If you don't want CPU to hit contested shots all the time then just raise those..
dreamagain

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:58 am

dreamagain wrote:I don't get it do you guys look at the slider values you put in before complaining?

If you don't want CPU to hit contested shots all the time then just raise those..

Thanks for the tip, but what we want here is a general set of sliders good for everyone.For example, if only 1 of 10 people thinks that these sliders provide too many AI dunks for some reason, it means that it's a personal preference and the slider tweak must be done on his end. When 10 of 10 people agree on a particular problem, I think Shady is more than glad to tweak the sliders and share it with everyone on 2k share. I believe that the users from above use a form of passive agressive feedback rather than complain. But thanks for pointing the solution above, I never thought those two settings would solve the contested shots problem.
I Hate Mondays

Postby dreamagain on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:05 am

I hate Mondays wrote:
dreamagain wrote:I don't get it do you guys look at the slider values you put in before complaining?

Thanks for the tip, but what we want here is a general set of sliders good for everyone.For example, if only 1 of 10 people thinks that these sliders provide too many AI dunks for some reason, it means that it's a personal preference and the slider tweak must be done on his end. When 10 of 10 people agree on a particular problem, I think Shady is more than glad to tweak the sliders and share it with everyone on 2k share. I believe that the users from above use a form of passive agressive feedback rather than complain. But thanks for pointing the solution above, I never thought those two settings would solve the contested shots problem.

Sliders are purely personal preference though. Mike has stated before he likes players being able to hit tough shots, because they do it a lot IRL as well. If you leave it on default values it's just bricks all day long on contested shots.

Try setting both to 20/100 on cpu and user. That's what I use.
dreamagain

Postby kalionyo on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:25 pm

I'm really liking the sliders so far. I'm controlling the Warriors in MyLeague and I'm in the finals against the Cavs. Man, these sliders make it much more interesting. Games 1 and 2 ended in 1OT and 4OT respectively and Game 3 on a game winner by KD. I'm not sure if this has to do with Kyrie's tendencies and attributes, but he is so uncontainable. He shoots threes left and right and they're just going down whether contested or not. Otherwise, I find that I'm not getting ridiculous FG%'s towards the end of games even on 10 min quarters. Good job! (Y)
kalionyo

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:25 pm

That sounds like an insanely tense and fun Finals series.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kalionyo on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:52 am

Finished my Finals series with the sliders and it had to be the most challenging set of games I've played on 2K in years. Thank you for posting these. I did notice a difference in terms of FT attempts, but that could be the effect of Kyrie draining outside shots all series long and there was no need to drive. If anyone is interested, I posted the box scores here: http://imgur.com/a/agE5R
kalionyo

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17