Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 Simulation Slider set ***BETA THREE***

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Alright lol, so obviously guys 2K17 has had a pretty rough launch, but I think my next update should definitely help to alleviate some of the fatal flaws this game has been suffering from. Some KEY changes are game speed is going DOWN to 45 (If it's too slow for you I'm sorry, but simply put there are just too many shots per game in 2K right now) I've also FINALLY gotten around to editing the CPU tendency sliders that has at least FOR ME resulted in MUCH better ball movement from the CPU offense. All of that said I will continue to call this set a "Beta" until 2K fixes the shot meter!

As for shooting sliders i have added some "variable" options because tbh every time i play certain teams (golden state) I have been tweaking the shooting sliders slightly because they simply hit EVERYTHING.

Sliders are in the OP, and on 2Kshare under #Shady Let me know what you think!

Also guys MAKE SURE your Defensive assist value is at ZERO it has helped me a lot on defense!

And MAKE SURE to tweak from HALL OF FAME

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Aliean on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:30 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Alright lol, so obviously guys 2K17 has had a pretty rough launch, but I think my next update should definitely help to alleviate some of the fatal flaws this game has been suffering from. Some KEY changes are game speed is going DOWN to 45 (If it's too slow for you I'm sorry, but simply put there are just too many shots per game in 2K right now) I've also FINALLY gotten around to editing the CPU tendency sliders that has at least FOR ME resulted in MUCH better ball movement from the CPU offense. All of that said I will continue to call this set a "Beta" until 2K fixes the shot meter!

As for shooting sliders i have added some "variable" options because tbh every time i play certain teams (golden state) I have been tweaking the shooting sliders slightly because they simply hit EVERYTHING.

Sliders are in the OP, and on 2Kshare under #Shady Let me know what you think!

Also guys MAKE SURE your Defensive assist value is at ZERO it has helped me a lot on defense!

And MAKE SURE to tweak from HALL OF FAME

phpBB [video]

have you ever tried your slider in my career mode?
Aliean

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 Simulation Slider set ***FINAL BETA ***

Postby ltownsing on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:46 pm

shady could u please test the cpu vs cpu for me and show me the results or someone else. if u do could please tweet them to me : @thebigfellas06.
Keep up the good work shady.
Cheers
ltownsing

Postby mp3 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:41 pm

What's wrong with you testing it yourself?
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby ltownsing on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:46 pm

mp3 wrote:What's wrong with you testing it yourself?

I am at a camp which you stay 10 weeks away from home. Got laptop so could someone please test very interested
ltownsing

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:29 am

Can't wait to test your sliders, I will be comming back with a feedback.

Edit: The 45 speed feels great, realistic score for my Wizards @ Hawks exhibition game. I can see the improvements mentioned in your youtube video (still subscribed, I hope you can make more random videos with you talking about popular storylines around the NBA like you did last year). Thank you for the work!
I Hate Mondays

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:56 am

I tested your sliders, and did see marked improvement on CPU 3 pt shooting. I mean, they still made them, but not at the percentage prior to your update. The game code needs to be re-written. It is reprehensible, that the shooting % of the CPU remains at such a high level. I've also noticed quite a few missed layups and close shots at the rim that pop out at the last minute and my team is never in position to get the off rebound. The CPU makes their naturally. CPU backdoor cheese is still there, by the time someone rotates to it, it's too late. Player reaction on D is too slow. It's amazing to me that, the players on whatever team I control, never get back on defense, and guard their man. I shouldn't have to control them to stay with their man either, until they receive the ball. Appreciate your efforts, but until this game is patched, we're probably going to continue to see these things.
Uncle Drew

Postby hot_wyre21 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:53 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Defensive Awareness – 100/200

Did you mean to put the CPU defensive awareness at 20? ... can the slider even go up to 200? haha
Great work as always though, was interested in how you would end up tweaking the tendencies (saw attack basket at 100 coming from a mile away though xD)
hot_wyre21

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:50 am

hot_wyre21 wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Defensive Awareness – 100/200

Did you mean to put the CPU defensive awareness at 20? ... can the slider even go up to 200? haha
Great work as always though, was interested in how you would end up tweaking the tendencies (saw attack basket at 100 coming from a mile away though xD)

I meant 100! It's fixed in the OP, CPU offensive and Defensive awareness should be 10/100

Uncle Drew wrote:I tested your sliders, and did see marked improvement on CPU 3 pt shooting. I mean, they still made them, but not at the percentage prior to your update. The game code needs to be re-written. It is reprehensible, that the shooting % of the CPU remains at such a high level. I've also noticed quite a few missed layups and close shots at the rim that pop out at the last minute and my team is never in position to get the off rebound. The CPU makes their naturally. CPU backdoor cheese is still there, by the time someone rotates to it, it's too late. Player reaction on D is too slow. It's amazing to me that, the players on whatever team I control, never get back on defense, and guard their man. I shouldn't have to control them to stay with their man either, until they receive the ball. Appreciate your efforts, but until this game is patched, we're probably going to continue to see these things.

I just take it in stride man, it's tough. You gotta do what you can here I do it for the community. As you can see, help defense, defensive awareness, defensive consistency I have everything maxed man but at this point I just need help from 2K....need a roster update, need them to fix the defense, and hopefully that happens.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Tested your sliders with 50 game speed, still got realistic scores and FG attempts for both teams. I am used to playing a more slow paced game, so the fact that I wasn't running on fastbreaks all the time(I had only 24 fast break points) could be a factor.
I know you can't do anything and the game is broken, but CPU offensive rebounds situations make me mad. Lowry getting an offensive, damn even a defensive rebound over Tristan fucking Thompson should not be happening that often, yet it happened around 5 - 6 times for me yesterday.
I won't even talk about those situations where random CPU players are left wide open in the paint for no reason. It's happening to everybody and is a well known issue. Great sliders! It makes the game playable for me.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:58 am

^^ This... I would hope that the Devs realize the game needs to be patched. Bad teams ( ie.. Nets, Sixers, etc. don't have a chance to beat the good ones ) While some improvements are noticeable, sometimes the game is unplayable for me, and it just isn't as fun anymore with all the deficiencies.
Uncle Drew

Postby Vicerex on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:18 am

This was my first game with these sliders, I was the Hornets. As you will see most of the stats from top to bottom were pretty close, which is a great thing.

The only major discrepancies were free throws for me & blocks for them. Obviously they have Anthony Davis and he did in fact perform most of the blocks so I'm not worried about that one. But they fouled me a ton and I hit 23/24 (just got lucky, using realistic %) but that pretty much won me the game. My shooting fouls on them were very low, which I personally almost never foul I just play strong D, but you'd think my AI teammates would foul a bit more than that.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied so far, I was up by 24 at one point but they made a heck of a charge to come back within 6, but then I went on a counter run.

Vicerex

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:43 pm

^^ What difficulty level do you play on?
Uncle Drew

Postby Vicerex on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:09 pm

There technically is no difficulties anymore, they're just preset sliders, but if you use Shady's sliders then it's just custom difficulty. Why?
Vicerex

Postby TheBigFellas06 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:31 pm

for anyone who is interested CPU vs CPU i just setup a forum viewtopic.php?f=224&t=102611 it is based on these one shady if you don't mind. I put you in the credits.
TheBigFellas06

Postby Bango_Buck on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:22 pm

(Y) Shady (Y) Thank You for making this game play like basketball for me finally ! I am fairly new to the series ( had played 2k11 and 16 a bit ) but I got this game on release day and had been swearing at it since until I tried your latest sliders , wow what a difference in a great way ! Now I can hopefully start enjoying it here on out , Question for you though ,on ps4 download offensive awareness is shown as 50/100 and on your listing here it is 50/10 . Which is correct ?
It looks like someone else may have posted your sliders and made a mistake with the 50/100 but i am not sure ?
Thanks Again !!! 2k should reward you for making it play soooooo much better :bowdown:
Bango_Buck

Postby mp3 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:10 pm

The current off rating will be want is in the original post which Mike updates each time he updates his slider set.

There is a chance that the ps4 download you have was an early set that the one he is using today (Final Beta)
mp3

Postby Bango_Buck on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:23 pm

ok i will go with 50/10 than thanks
Bango_Buck

Postby mp3 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:20 am

No problem.
mp3

Postby Vicerex on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:11 am

Now that I have a few games under my belt and have gotten used to the new controls/movements/sliders I've found that I'm having very unchallenged games. The below is one of the easiest games I've ever played in any year of 2K. I realize it was the Nuggets yes, but I shouldn't be beating anyone by 29, or be up by 36 at any point of the game.

As you will see, I did foul a lot more and had a decent amount of turnovers which is good for me since those are usually very low. I had off the chart shooting percentages and destroyed them in the post (62 points in paint). The game was never challenging in fact the entire 4th quarter only the bottom of the bench played (auto-subs) which is why the bench scoring was so high on both teams. Meyers Leonard ended up being my MVP with 20 points, 5 rebounds & 4 assists.

I realize you're trying to nerf the CPU shooting percentages a bit to counter the Warriors which I fully can understand, but it's making bad teams even worse than they should be. As you will see below the Nuggets shot 39% overall. Part of this may be that I'm getting used to having defensive assist strength at 0 and have become a great on ball defender, but a lot of it is perhaps due to the shooting sliders being a tad low.

Vicerex

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:24 pm

I hate Mondays wrote:Tested your sliders with 50 game speed, still got realistic scores and FG attempts for both teams. I am used to playing a more slow paced game, so the fact that I wasn't running on fastbreaks all the time(I had only 24 fast break points) could be a factor.
I know you can't do anything and the game is broken, but CPU offensive rebounds situations make me mad. Lowry getting an offensive, damn even a defensive rebound over Tristan fucking Thompson should not be happening that often, yet it happened around 5 - 6 times for me yesterday.
I won't even talk about those situations where random CPU players are left wide open in the paint for no reason. It's happening to everybody and is a well known issue. Great sliders! It makes the game playable for me.

It's tough I had toyed around with even FURTHER reducing the CPU offensive rebounds but then the CPU gets absolutely ZERO rebounds so I didn't really want to tweak it any more than I already had, game is a little bit better with the final Beta, I'm hoping that the next patch fixes a lot of the interactions in the paint especially the CPU backdoor passes.

Uncle Drew wrote:^^ This... I would hope that the Devs realize the game needs to be patched. Bad teams ( ie.. Nets, Sixers, etc. don't have a chance to beat the good ones ) While some improvements are noticeable, sometimes the game is unplayable for me, and it just isn't as fun anymore with all the deficiencies.

I hope so...

Bango_Buck wrote:(Y) Shady (Y) Thank You for making this game play like basketball for me finally ! I am fairly new to the series ( had played 2k11 and 16 a bit ) but I got this game on release day and had been swearing at it since until I tried your latest sliders , wow what a difference in a great way ! Now I can hopefully start enjoying it here on out , Question for you though ,on ps4 download offensive awareness is shown as 50/100 and on your listing here it is 50/10 . Which is correct ?
It looks like someone else may have posted your sliders and made a mistake with the 50/100 but i am not sure ?
Thanks Again !!! 2k should reward you for making it play soooooo much better :bowdown:

Like another user said it should be 50/10 glad you are enjoying the sliders so far I plan on big time improvement after this next patch.

Vicerex wrote:Now that I have a few games under my belt and have gotten used to the new controls/movements/sliders I've found that I'm having very unchallenged games. The below is one of the easiest games I've ever played in any year of 2K. I realize it was the Nuggets yes, but I shouldn't be beating anyone by 29, or be up by 36 at any point of the game.

As you will see, I did foul a lot more and had a decent amount of turnovers which is good for me since those are usually very low. I had off the chart shooting percentages and destroyed them in the post (62 points in paint). The game was never challenging in fact the entire 4th quarter only the bottom of the bench played (auto-subs) which is why the bench scoring was so high on both teams. Meyers Leonard ended up being my MVP with 20 points, 5 rebounds & 4 assists.

I realize you're trying to nerf the CPU shooting percentages a bit to counter the Warriors which I fully can understand, but it's making bad teams even worse than they should be. As you will see below the Nuggets shot 39% overall. Part of this may be that I'm getting used to having defensive assist strength at 0 and have become a great on ball defender, but a lot of it is perhaps due to the shooting sliders being a tad low.

[ Image ]

I read both of your posts checked out your games good feedback and while I was trying to nerf the CPU like I said, it's really difficult with certain teams. My goal honestly was more to make it tough on the user to score. Looking by your stats you are hitting the 3 ball at a pretty high pace so idk if maybe you want to knock your shooting sliders down a tad (try 40 or 41 be careful because that slider is pretty sensitive). Also the thing that got me is I love how the Pelicans only shot 6 FT's and then the nuggets shot 20+ I really wasn't shooting for a sim number with the FT's because quite frankly I felt like the CPU never misses when they get them so I'm trying to keep that # low especially because its basically only big men because guards never drive... :/

Another thing YOU may want to do (kind of a sneak peak into version 1 because I am considering this change for everybody) is raise both user layup defense strength sliders to 66 from 56....
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:18 pm

Sliders updated for post patch gameplay :P Gameplay showcase coming soon! Looking forward to feedback, let me know what you think about the Free Throw and rebounding numbers! Huge focus point for me right now!

Also new MyLeague settings are included, I brought them over from 2K16, but they needed to be tweaked quite a bit to work for 2K17!

Sliders are in the OP and of course on 2Kshare for PC users under #Shady
MyLeague sliders are on 2Kshare under #Shady as well.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Rosque on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:28 pm

What difficulty did you customize? HOF, SS?
Rosque

Postby dreamagain on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:35 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Sliders updated for post patch gameplay :P Gameplay showcase coming soon! Looking forward to feedback, let me know what you think about the Free Throw and rebounding numbers! Huge focus point for me right now!

Also new MyLeague settings are included, I brought them over from 2K16, but they needed to be tweaked quite a bit to work for 2K17!

Sliders are in the OP and of course on 2Kshare for PC users under #Shady
MyLeague sliders are on 2Kshare under #Shady as well.

will give it a try soon.

Does it actually matter what difficulty you start editing them from btw?
dreamagain

Postby Vicerex on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:51 am

dreamagain wrote:Does it actually matter what difficulty you start editing them from btw?

From what I can tell the difficulty does not matter, it's no longer like it was in the past. The difficulties now are just pre-made slider sets made by the actual game Devs. As soon as you modify any sliders it becomes "custom". Just load Shady's sliders from 2K Share and it won't matter because it will overwrite whatever pre-made slider difficulty you were using.

Can't wait to try the new sliders, I will as soon as I get home from work. I especially am looking forward to the MyLeague sliders.
Vicerex

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17