NBA 2K17 Bug Reports

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: NBA 2K17 Bug Reports

Postby joosegoose on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:58 pm

TGsoGood wrote:
vb9 wrote:Bug description: No microphone support.

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC

Game Mode: MyPark / Pro-Am

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: As I understood, using microphone and communicating is only exclusive for consoles, what makes no *beeping* sense.. This one is the most annoying thing in online play in my opinion.
I play Pro-Am Walk On alot... and it is very annoying when your teammates just stand there and wait for good things to happen, instead of making screen or just running around to disrupt the defence. In those moments a microphone is crucial so you can guide your teammates.
sorry for the long story, but in short: PC PLAYERS WANT TO USE MIC TOO.

PC Players can use a mic also. You need to start a voice chat on steam. The use of microphone is not exclusively for console. I have ran, park and Pro am using a mic.

Yeah there are all sorts of VOIP clients out there...Discord, Teamspeak, Mumble, Skype, etc. If anything PC has much better microphone options than either console.
joosegoose

Postby Deathbringer on Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:25 am

Bug description: VC not saving.

Game Mode: MyCareer

Specific steps to reproduce the bug: after every game played, it shows that i earn vc, but when i go to the upgrade/attributes screen, my VC stays the same
Deathbringer

Postby vb9 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:32 am

joosegoose wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:
vb9 wrote:Bug description: No microphone support.

Game Mode: MyPark / Pro-Am

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: As I understood, using microphone and communicating is only exclusive for consoles, what makes no *beeping* sense.. This one is the most annoying thing in online play in my opinion.
I play Pro-Am Walk On alot... and it is very annoying when your teammates just stand there and wait for good things to happen, instead of making screen or just running around to disrupt the defence. In those moments a microphone is crucial so you can guide your teammates.
sorry for the long story, but in short: PC PLAYERS WANT TO USE MIC TOO.

PC Players can use a mic also. You need to start a voice chat on steam. The use of microphone is not exclusively for console. I have ran, park and Pro am using a mic.

Yeah there are all sorts of VOIP clients out there...Discord, Teamspeak, Mumble, Skype, etc. If anything PC has much better microphone options than either console.

@TGSoGood Can you explain how to start it? I see "Voice" in setting, I can detect my device there, turn the volume and thats about it.

@joosegoose Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly, what i meant was built-in Voice system
vb9

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:40 am

Deathbringer wrote:Bug description: VC not saving.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug: after every game played, it shows that i earn vc, but when i go to the upgrade/attributes screen, my VC stays the same

I don't think this is a bug. A certain amount of time has to pass before you can gain vc from playing on court basketball. This is is in every mode not just my career. I think yhis was implemented to keep people from vc farming. Otherwise u could just use a trainer to immediately end the game after tipoff and get some vc.

If you are playing the full game and not using a trainer or quitting the match manually, try going into another game mode and play a 1 min quarter then come back to my career.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:53 am

vb9, 2K does not have an ingame mic system on any platform.

Ps4 uses PS4 mic system, XB1 uses XB1 mic system, PC uses any mic/ voice software you choose including steam. Also there are video tutorials for steam voice chat on youtube. Just start a chat then on the right side click the arrow for more options and select begin voice chat
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby joosegoose on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:14 am

TGsoGood wrote:vb9, 2K does not have an ingame mic system on any platform.

Ps4 uses PS4 mic system, XB1 uses XB1 mic system, PC uses any mic/ voice software you choose including steam. Also there are video tutorials for steam voice chat on youtube. Just start a chat then on the right side click the arrow for more options and select begin voice chat

For what it's worth, I would still recommend something like Discord (my choice), Teamspeak, or Mumble. Steam will probably never match a dedicated client.
joosegoose

Postby amedeo0 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:18 am

Bug description: Release shoot bug

Game Mode: Park

Specific steps to reproduce the bug: when start shoot , release bar stops in half
amedeo0

Postby PoundedChicken on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Bug description: Only one type of Intro for games (Lineup Announcements) - the other ones we know that are there including Court floor projections or National Anthem intros don't ever actually occur.

Game Mode: MyCareer / MyTeam at least

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: Start a game in either of these modes.
PoundedChicken

Postby web99992002 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:10 pm

Bug description: New shoes released Oct 2, 2016 (the pack with the CLB 2016, Curry 3s etc) cannot be equipped on any roster other than Official 2K roster.

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PS4

Game Mode: MyLeague, MyGM, Edit Roster
web99992002

Postby Slim5050 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:55 pm

PoundedChicken wrote:Bug description: Player height in some hallway cutscenes is incorrect

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: When a cutscene occurs immediately following a game that shows players walking back to the locker room, often the height of MyPlayer will be much shorter than Denver Levins - thing is, MyPlayer is actually 7'0".

As soon as the next scene (inside locker room) ticks over, height shows as it should.

Exactly opposite problem for me. My guy is 6'0 and is the tallest guy out there in cutscenes.
Slim5050

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:54 am

Bug description : You can't hear the end of quarter ticker at the end of quarters. Last year, you can hear the clock ticking down, not this year. I found myself not getting off a shot or play, because of this. I don't know if this has already been mentioned.

Platform : ( PC )

Game Mode : Quick game

Specific steps to reproduce the bug : Probably has to be fixed with a patch.
Uncle Drew

Postby airjung2k on Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:21 pm

Bug description: In MyGM mode, I locked up my position as SG. Sometimes, my matchup is suddenly changed to SF and restored to SG.

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC.

Game Mode: MyGM

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: There is no exact steps for reproducing this problem.
airjung2k

Postby PoundedChicken on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:51 pm

Bug description: CPU Teams will offer to trade same pick with different protections

Game Mode: MyLeague / MyGM

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: So far I've found it to occur within the Trade Finder (including when reviewing CPU offers for Draft Picks on Draft Day). CPU will quite often offer the same pick twice, both with different protection levels as below.

NBA2K17_2016_10_06_19_45_02_775.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PoundedChicken

Postby cayd33 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:14 am

Bug description: After launching, hangs at message "Please wait, retrieving data from 2K Sports Server..."

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC, Windows 7

Game Mode: Yes

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: I run the game on 2 different PC's and this only seems to be effecting one of them. I tried to hit cancel once but it corrupted all my saves on that machine and caused my created player pool for both machines to be removed, it also caused all my saves to lose their descriptions and gives an error code when attempting to connect online. Other than that tho the other machine and my MyPlayer account remain unharmed.

**EDIT**

I've uninstalled the game threw control panel and the problem remains. I've also tried deleting the sinc.bin and allowing the data retrieval message to last about 2.5 hours and it still stuck.

**EDIT 2**

I uninstalled Avast antivirus from the machine I was having problems on and after a reboot and a short 'retrieving' message the game finally connected again.

**EDIT 3**
So after everything was fixed, my rosters from the other machine are showing up, + mycarrer/mygm files are as well too where before they where not syncing. The only thing I lost (thankfully) where my two CAP's and a MYCarrer file where I was still in college.
cayd33

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:48 pm

Bug description: Several presentation elements are missing after the patch

Game Mode: Exhibition games

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: After the patch, during the pregame show, there used to be a screen showing the two teams going head to head and their stats for the season. Now that screen is gone and there is a strange transition between what EJ says before and after that stats presentation.

Also,I've tried like 15 random combinations of exhibition games, but I can't seem to find the pre-game on court reports by David Aldridge for example, or Doris Burke. EDIT: This is confirmed by me as a bug. The commentary team just said "Let's get to David Aldridge for bla bla bla", but David Aldridge didn't show on the screen, there was a bad transition to some player instead.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:00 am

Seems like that one is happening on all platforms (or at least PC and PS4, I can confirm that from personal experience).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:39 am

These patches fix one thing, then screw up something else. Never fails....
Uncle Drew

Postby PoundedChicken on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:46 pm

Bug description: Computer-generated Portraits no longer loading

Game Mode: All

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: Post-Patch 1.03, I was in a MyLeague offseason, after signing a new Staff member, all of the portraits disappeared completely in that screen and in fact across all modes to the point where even my avatar in the top right is now blank... Even in the NBA Draft it doesn't show a player model, just has all the social media posts circling a blank space.

NBA 2K17 No CGI MyLeague Staff.jpg

NBA 2K17 No CGI MyTeam.jpg

NBA 2K17 No CGI - Portrait.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PoundedChicken

Postby JWL3 on Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:42 pm

Uggh, MyNBA2k17 on ios screws you on VC in the VC Goals category. Got screwed twice! Out of 1000 VC each time.

Bug description: VC not given when you achieve a VC goal and click "Claim Rewards"

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): ios

Game Mode: Earn VC > VC Goal

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; Achieve a VC goal. Click Claim Rewards. I don't know if this plays a part, but I had just done the Daily VC bonus which HAD given me my VC. Each time, I've proceeded to Claim my reward only to get no increase in my balance.
JWL3

Postby Tuxedo12 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:47 am

Bug description: Created Player changes name by its own when saving roster. everytime i save my roster the name of my created player changes i have patch 1.03

Game Mode: No Specific Game Mode
Tuxedo12

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:24 am

Bug description: Camera gets stuck at baseline camera angles when calling timeout during free throws in 2K Pro-Am

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PS4 (likely PC and X1 too, however)

Game Mode: 2K Pro-Am

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: By calling a timeout as a player steps up to the free throw line, the camera glitches into a baseline angle that makes it difficult (or virtually impossible, if it's the far angle) to see the Shot Meter, or indeed the players themselves (and thus the shooting animation itself). A lot of users in 2K Pro-Am have discovered this, and it's being rather widely exploited to mess around with free throw shooters.

A demonstration:

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby regber on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:33 am

Bug description: Created player's archetype sets to "SLASHER" or "ATHLETIC FINISHER" before the College Semi-finals (ex. Playmaker PG turns into a Slasher PG or Glass Cleaner C turns into Athletic Finisher)

Game Mode: My career

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details:
regber

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Bug description: All free agents will sign for the minimum if you wait until the very end of the off season

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC (maybe all platforms)

Game Mode: MyLeague (the only mode I've tried)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: if you get to the end of the off season w/o the minimum # of players on your roster, you can sign all free agents for the minimum. :lol:

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nextnba on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:32 am

Bug description: The team with the better record does not have home court advantage in the championship round

Game Mode: MyLeague/Season

Specific steps to reproduce the bug: I have not play a season to the championship game yet but this has been a bug since 2k14 and I doubt that 2k fixed it this year either. The bug gives home court advantage to the team that does not have the better record during the championship round!!!!!
nextnba

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:22 pm

^^ Now that is a problem, that shouldn't have been overlooked.
Uncle Drew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17