Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 Simulation Slider set ***BETA TWO***

Postby fordtech99 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:57 am

maybe im late but could someone explain to me what a "ninja" patch is exactly?
fordtech99

Postby mp3 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:01 am

I played a couple of games tonight with the new slider set, Warrios vs Knicks (me) & Cavs vs Pacers (me)

Cpu scored pretty easy around (60-70%) through the first half while I struggled to make a shot (40%)

I seemed to loose the ball alot more when dribbling like when the ball hits a dead spot in the gym floor, just like 2k16 where I hadn't had the problem at all in the last week of playing.

Also the cpu gets to the line a lot more than I do and you really notice the cpu off reb increase in this new slider set.

I've also noticed that the cpu center seems to just be open alot more under the basket while your guy is a couple of feet off him.

I've got some raw gameplay that is currently uploading to youtube which I will post tomorrow
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:24 am

fordtech99 wrote:maybe im late but could someone explain to me what a "ninja" patch is exactly?

An update that is pushed through covertly, as a ninja operates.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:45 pm

Hearing there was another patch....7 gigs this time PS4 users got it...no ETA for XBONE and PS4
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby mp3 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Here's some gameplay with the new sliders, this was the first game I played but wasn't going to upload due to the 2 min pause in the middle but the other videos won't upload for some reason.

This gameplay was ok but the the next two games (warriors) & (Cavs) the cpu hit the Godmode button on me.

phpBB [video]
mp3

Postby ltownsing on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:12 pm

How do i fix the injuries because they are only involving ankles injuries?
ltownsing

Postby ltownsing on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:56 pm

What changes should we make for cpu vs cpu each game both teams shoot over 50%. How can i change this.
ltownsing

Postby mp3 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:19 pm

ltownsing wrote:How do i fix the injuries because they are only involving ankles injuries?

Is this in myleague or mygm?

I thought I'd read somewhere that there is a known problem with the injuries that they are working on
mp3

Postby ltownsing on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:25 pm

mp3 wrote:
ltownsing wrote:How do i fix the injuries because they are only involving ankles injuries?

Is this in myleague or mygm?

I thought I'd read somewhere that there is a known problem with the injuries that they are working on

It's in myleague
ltownsing

Postby mp3 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:58 pm

In that case you can lower the myleague injury settings.
mp3

Postby fordtech99 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:24 pm

Andrew wrote:
fordtech99 wrote:maybe im late but could someone explain to me what a "ninja" patch is exactly?

An update that is pushed through covertly, as a ninja operates.

thanks and wow i had no idea that they did sneaky stuff like that.
fordtech99

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:54 pm

It's not really meant to be sneaky, more just unannounced tweaks and hotfixes.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 Simulation Slider set ***BETA***

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:55 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:The one thing I did forget to mention is the 3 point shooting. Play at least 3 games with the settings listed above. I really need feedback here because I have seen some utterly ridiculous variables here. I had the Warriors shoot like 18/35 from 3 on me and then the very next game I had the Bucks shoot 2/10 lol so before you think it's way too low or way too high experiment with different teams!

One more thing! I haven't even touched the tendencies yet. That is coming. You WILL need to make adjustments based on skill level! My layups is at 50 because I'm horrible with that shot stick timing!

I'm sure adjustments have to be made, but that sounds about right. GS is a great 3 pt shooting team, while Milwaukee is not.
Uncle Drew

Postby mp3 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 am

The thing I've noticed more is that every team I've played has being in love with the 3 ball but more so the teams that shoot a lot of them in RL.

I think the Warriors shot 40 of them on me and the Cavs 35 and iam pretty sure the Pistons shot about 20 on me as they did seem to try and drop the ball in to Drummond more which is good.
mp3

Postby mp3 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:10 am

Just played my first post patch game using the 2nd Beta set and the results looked good, though I think it's time to up the D and body up slider as the cpu really let's you walk the ball to the rim now so I guess they have toned down these sliders mentioned.
mp3

Postby joosegoose on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Got a full game in with these, still pre-patch. I was the Las Vegas Wild Aces.

Meant to get a screen of the Jazz's box score, guess it didn't take. This is MyLeague but they're mostly the same; they played through Hayward for the most part.
joosegoose

Postby ltownsing on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:33 pm

joosegoose wrote:Got a full game in with these, still pre-patch. I was the Las Vegas Wild Aces.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Meant to get a screen of the Jazz's box score, guess it didn't take. This is MyLeague but they're mostly the same; they played through Hayward for the most part.
don't u find that the cpu will always shoot over 50% never like 39%
ltownsing

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:45 am

Honestly, turning the body contact to 0 for both CPU and User didn't really make a difference. I played a few games and it still seemed the same... which is really odd to me. I think one of the only weaknesses in this game is how excessive the body contact (bumps are), players that stagger all the time can be pretty frustrating.

Is anybody else noticing a difference when they turn it down to 0?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Near on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:03 am

If I loaded this slider then started a new my career mode. Will it be applied?
Near

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:56 am

Dee4Three wrote:Honestly, turning the body contact to 0 for both CPU and User didn't really make a difference. I played a few games and it still seemed the same... which is really odd to me. I think one of the only weaknesses in this game is how excessive the body contact (bumps are), players that stagger all the time can be pretty frustrating.

Is anybody else noticing a difference when they turn it down to 0?

TBH with you man no, I'm not noticing a difference :/

mp3 wrote:Here's some gameplay with the new sliders, this was the first game I played but wasn't going to upload due to the 2 min pause in the middle but the other videos won't upload for some reason.

This gameplay was ok but the the next two games (warriors) & (Cavs) the cpu hit the Godmode button on me.

phpBB [video]

Thanks for posting this bro really enjoyed watching! I've got some stuff in store to try and normalize the CPU FG%'s...

IDK bro I have durability all the way up to 90 now but apparently 2K is aware of the issue so hopefully this addressed

ltownsing wrote:What changes should we make for cpu vs cpu each game both teams shoot over 50%. How can i change this.

Gotta get the CPU to play more realistic offense and drive to the paint more without bailout ticky tack fouls....that's what I'm working on now....hoping this was addressed via the patch...

mp3 wrote:The thing I've noticed more is that every team I've played has being in love with the 3 ball but more so the teams that shoot a lot of them in RL.

I think the Warriors shot 40 of them on me and the Cavs 35 and iam pretty sure the Pistons shot about 20 on me as they did seem to try and drop the ball in to Drummond more which is good.

I agree I personally want to see the CPU drive the paint a lot more with perimeter players.

Near wrote:If I loaded this slider then started a new my career mode. Will it be applied?

Nope

joosegoose wrote:Got a full game in with these, still pre-patch. I was the Las Vegas Wild Aces.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

What I see there and what I've seen from a lot of games is a weird dynamic with the FT's (Looking to rework the contact sliders tbh) and also the CPU fast break is weird because the CPU Shoots so many 3's on the break and refuses to attack the basket...I want to address that for Beta 3.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby joosegoose on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:57 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

What I see there and what I've seen from a lot of games is a weird dynamic with the FT's (Looking to rework the contact sliders tbh) and also the CPU fast break is weird because the CPU Shoots so many 3's on the break and refuses to attack the basket...I want to address that for Beta 3.

Yep, my experiences exactly. I know Da Czar has said they're working on reducing the transition logic to go straight for that 3 on the break (or have possibly already tuned it), so something to keep an eye on.

Also, good news! I asked Mike Wang and he said layup timing affecting Real Player % was a bug and has been squashed. It's not going to make it to us until the next patch though, which seems like forever from now especially for PC :|
joosegoose

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:07 am

joosegoose wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Yep, my experiences exactly. I know Da Czar has said they're working on reducing the transition logic to go straight for that 3 on the break (or have possibly already tuned it), so something to keep an eye on.

Also, good news! I asked Mike Wang and he said layup timing affecting Real Player % was a bug and has been squashed. It's not going to make it to us until the next patch though, which seems like forever from now especially for PC :|

OMFG That is huuuuge! I am ultra hype now! Haha it's funny because sometimes I'm just randomly reading through a thread on OS and you always come through with very valid points and observations, keep up the good work man.

-Another thing I actually think needs to be patched is Stand still fouls in the paint I think it's actually broken idk. As you can see I tried to fix it with the SUPER low Foul settings but that didn't work
-Also the CPU simply (for me anyways) will NOT attack the paint....and just to prove a point I dropped all tendencies to 0 and had attack the basket at 100 and the CPU literally just stood their until the shot clock ran out and chucked a 3....that is concerning to me considering guys like LeBron at the moment are not really threats.....

Update coming soon (Yes even though the patch has not released) I've reworked contact and consistency.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:10 am

Some info from my Twitter feed regarding 2K's latest "Update" (Ninja patch lol) all this is from Beluba a 2K Dev:

2K has limited the CPU's tendency to pull up for 3's in transition.

Nerf to limitless range, Fix for ridiculous CPU double teaming, Awareness, Consistency.

2K reveals that us having to use the shot stick timing for layups on Real shooting % is a BUG (As Joose said previously)

***Still no ETA on patch arrival for PC and XBONE players though***
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:18 pm

Sliders updated to Beta 3. Big movers are consistency and awareness sliders...back to default after 2K tuning update....still focusing on FG% and fouls....Will release Beta 4 once PC gets the patch and then it will be Version 1.

On 2KShare as #ShadyBeta

NOTE THE GAME SPEED and Shooting slider changes! Live YT gameplay video / commentary coming sunday.
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 Simulation Slider set ***BETA THREE***

Postby mp3 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:06 am

I've uploaded Beta 3 on the ps4 if anyone is looking on there its " #ShadyBeta3 "
mp3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17