Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA Live 18

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA Live 17

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu May 19, 2016 1:51 pm

Andrew wrote:I'd love to have something like that, too. As long as it's properly balanced and can't be easily exploited, it'd be a way to represent the explosiveness of the quickest players and most effective slashers in the league.

If it's on both sides of the ball it should be ok
ThaLiveKing

Postby Ermolli on Mon May 23, 2016 6:20 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:I BEEN BEGGING FOR THIS IN LIVE, AND ITS IN MADDEN 17. They're in the same building, please show them how to do it LOL

Speed Modifier – Speed Moves are short, quick moves that can be pulled off at full speed while not veering off the path the ball carrier is currently on. These moves are performed while holding or pressing R2/RT (Accel Burst) + the corresponding special-move button. Again, the quality of the move is based on the player’s ratings with all new animations. Users will now have to perfect the skill of laying off the gas pedal on RT/R2 and mix in changing up speeds when running the ball. Speed moves carry the lowest risk for stamina, fumble and injury and can fakeout one defender at a time.

Yeah, I read that Madden blog and felt some of it could be implemented for Live 17, maybe they'll take ideas from them.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Mon May 23, 2016 10:32 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'd love to have something like that, too. As long as it's properly balanced and can't be easily exploited, it'd be a way to represent the explosiveness of the quickest players and most effective slashers in the league.

If it's on both sides of the ball it should be ok

For sure. As long as speed bursts are properly balanced and can't be exploited on either side of the ball, they won't be cheap and cheesy.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Wed May 25, 2016 9:28 am

It's a minor request but it would be nice if they created player portraits with each team. What I mean with this is that every player in the league had their portrait (you know their photo with his team jersey on) with every team in the league. It would be implemented in Rising Star and Dynasty mode when players get traded or signed with another team, and on Ultimate Team by the home jersey you chose. An example would be having Kevin Durant with a Celtics or Heat jersey like the ones below. Small touch but would help with the immersion of said modes (specially on Rising Star and Dynasty).

Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Wed May 25, 2016 9:46 am

The league might not be in favour of that. One alternative is to use in-game renderings ("3D portraits", as they used to be called in the settings), but I for one prefer the touch of using real portraits.

Another alternative would be to use portraits with generic white jerseys - from memory, NBA 2K did that one year - but I'm not as big a fan of that look, once again compared to using real player portraits.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Thu May 26, 2016 7:07 am

Andrew wrote:The league might not be in favour of that. One alternative is to use in-game renderings ("3D portraits", as they used to be called in the settings), but I for one prefer the touch of using real portraits.

Another alternative would be to use portraits with generic white jerseys - from memory, NBA 2K did that one year - but I'm not as big a fan of that look, once again compared to using real player portraits.

Why would that be? 2K creates players with their new teams with their "action shots" (or however it's called when you go through teams in roster management).
I'm not in favor of 3D portraits, last year they tried it and for some reason it didn't look good at all despite having great graphics.
If the idea can't be done for some reason then I prefer keeping the real portraits.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Thu May 26, 2016 10:09 am

Action shots should be fine, as they did that with the halftime and post-game shows. It may not be the case, but I'm guessing that photoshopping real portraits might be a step too far. For example, the league doesn't allow you to order custom jerseys from the NBA store that use a real player's name and number on another team: if you try to order a #35 Golden State Warriors jersey with "Durant" on the back, it won't allow it. I'm assuming they might have similar objections to their licensed video games having jersey swaps of real media day portrait photos.

From a technical point of view, there's over 400 players in the league. Give them all a custom jersey swapped portrait for every team in the league, and that's over 12,000 portraits in the game. Even if the NBA would allow it, it might not be feasible (or at least, a high priority) for EA to do that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Thu May 26, 2016 12:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Action shots should be fine, as they did that with the halftime and post-game shows. It may not be the case, but I'm guessing that photoshopping real portraits might be a step too far. For example, the league doesn't allow you to order custom jerseys from the NBA store that use a real player's name and number on another team: if you try to order a #35 Golden State Warriors jersey with "Durant" on the back, it won't allow it. I'm assuming they might have similar objections to their licensed video games having jersey swaps of real media day portrait photos.

From a technical point of view, there's over 400 players in the league. Give them all a custom jersey swapped portrait for every team in the league, and that's over 12,000 portraits in the game. Even if the NBA would allow it, it might not be feasible (or at least, a high priority) for EA to do that.

Wow, I didn't know about the jersey thing, don't know why could that be an issue.

I don't know about being that time consuming, I made those two in less than 15 minutes. Having that said, I wouldn't lose any sleep if they don't do that, it was a minor suggestion which isn't that important at all compared to all the things Live needs to improve.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Thu May 26, 2016 12:37 pm

You did two in less than fifteen minutes. They'd be doing 12,000, with a few other things to work on at the same time. ;)

I assuming the NBA simply wants accuracy/authenticity in all of its officially licensed products, and doesn't like the idea of official merchandise that appears to suggest a player is on a team that he doesn't actually play for. Of course, in the above example, too bad if your surname also happens to be Durant, you're a Warriors fan, and you like the number thirty-fve!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:38 am

Can't help but be jealous of NHL 17 and these features

ARENA CREATOR
Whether you’re in EASHL or Franchise Mode, build the home ice arena you and your team have always dreamed of with the all-new arena creator. Customize every detail from the ice surface, to the goal light, to the scoreboard and even the goal songs and FX that light up your team’s biggest moments.

TEAM EDITOR
You can’t judge a team by their looks, but it doesn’t hurt to look good. Use the all-new team customization tool to edit to your team’s entire uniform, including patterns, colors, patches and logos to use in season play, when relocating a team in Franchise Mode, or to build your EASHL team identity. Progress through the EASHL to unlock even more items for your team.

WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY
For the first time in EA SPORTS NHL history, play for national pride in a full International Tournament Mode. Featuring all of the official World Cup of Hockey teams, players and uniforms, take to the ice on a world stage as your national team and heroes.

COMPLETE GAMEPLAY CUSTOMIZATION
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or brand new to EA SPORTS NHL, more control over game difficulty settings, rules, and details allow you to create the perfect hockey experience for your playstyle. Go from fast, arcade fun all the way to authentic simulation hockey and everything in between with 100-point sliders that deliver precision control over your hockey experience.

ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:48 am

Once again, fingers crossed, eh?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:32 am

Boy oh boy where do I start? I don't even feel like making a long list just add comprehensive roster editing and detailed sliders to the game and we're good. Baby steps!
atlwarrior

Postby StyxTx on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:19 am

Add all fouls. Missing fouls include:

Over the back (which happens so frequently without being called)
Blocking
Illegal pick

As a team we avg 7 fouls/game. Our opponents avg 8 fouls/game. In real life, teams avg 20 or more fouls/game.

Get rid of point penalties such as:

Pass up open look (stated this in a previous post). If we have a big lead and want to run the clock down, I want to move the ball as long as possible. The "pass up open shot" penalty is not conducive to that kind of play.

Allow open shot. If it's a miss resulting in a defensive rebound, so what if it was an open shot. Also, there are some players who are such poor shooters it makes no sense to play them tight when you could help a teammate defend a really good player. Also, if we're leading by 20 or more points with 2 minutes left, so what if they took an open shot. The penalty should only be applied when it results in points for that team, and only then in the context of the game situation. If it can't be arranged that way, take it out completely.

Make the inside game a lot more difficult. It's way too easy on any level. I carry a 77% shooting because I drive the basket most of the time. A huge majority of my misses come from outside the 3 point line. The only 2 shots I take, 3-pointers and layups/dunks (as a SG). As a team (GS) we're have a 67% shooting pct. 4 of 5 starters are shooting over 63%. Curry is at 47% but he shoots a lot of 3's. Last season with Cleveland we shot 65% as a team. Why? A lot has to do with my focus on getting the ball inside. It really is just too simple.

Make players who don't shoot much.....not shoot much. It's a bit tiring watching players who average 2-4 ppg and 4-5 FG Att/game in real life continuing to score 20 - 30 points every time we play them. Players like DeAndre Jordan and Kyle O'Quinn for example. It's just not realistic.

Another PIA, getting sucked into a pick. I can't tell you how many times I am running 2-3 steps away from someone setting a pick that my player gets sucked into it like a magnet pulling me into it. I have no control over my player once the magnet kicks in.

All AI players can stop and cut on a dime. The human player takes a step or two before he can change directions, using turbo or not. Either the AI players need to take the extra step or two or the human player should be able to stop and change directions along with the AI players. That is really an unfair advantage for the AI when trying to defend against them.

Also, what is it with players driving the basket from outside the key without ever dribbling and no travel being called? I've seen players take 3 or 4 steps on the way to the basket without dribbling.

LET US DECIDE WHAT TYPE OF PASS TO THROW. I am sick and tired of watching my passes go right into the chest or feet of a defender who is 1 or 2 steps away because I have no option to throw it over them.
Last edited by StyxTx on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
StyxTx

Postby 22cedric on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:50 pm

Things That Better Not Return To NBA Live Part # 2 via Prime @Prime_76

Part # 2 of breaking down elements that need to be gone from the NBA Live Franchise moving forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9oex_ ... e=youtu.be
22cedric

Postby 22cedric on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:33 am

Things That Better Not Return To NBA Live Part # 3 Final via Prime @Prime_76
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFX3kjmQnUM
22cedric

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:20 am

Bring NBA Live 17 to PC, that's all.

I feel that you would have far better sales from the PC community, what do you have to lose? Do a test run and see how it goes. People that wouldn't even play the game for PC would buy it just to mod it. I can't believe the number of people who have admitted buying NBA 2K for PC, and don't play it/or hardly play it, they buy it for the ability to mod it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:58 am

Dee4Three wrote:I can't believe the number of people who have admitted buying NBA 2K for PC, and don't play it/or hardly play it, they buy it for the ability to mod it.

That's something I find to be rather strange. I'm obviously very much in favour of our modding community, but given the choice, I'd rather play a great game than mod a broken one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:34 am

Made a video a month ago about ways of making Pro-Am more team-oriented by promoting teamwork and to discourage ballhogging. Hope someone from EA can watch it and find it useful for Live 17.

phpBB [video]
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:05 am

Some good ideas there. While I have my gripes with NBA 2K's grading logic, some of its deductions for genuinely bad decisions, poor shot selection and so forth, are appropriate and effective deterrents. You can also get kicked from a game in 2K Pro-Am if you drop below a D- grade. There's a downside to that as the grading logic isn't always fair, and given the squad aspect it really should be up to the team to make that call, but it's good for the Walk-On games.

Speaking of squads, I think that's something LIVE Pro-Am should do. I know there's a Play With Friends option, and it's definitely better than playing with randoms, but the ability to create a squad with stats tracking, ongoing win-loss record, and team branding would be awesome. I also think that there should be both street-oriented and NBA-oriented options within LIVE Pro-Am, similar to how 2K has MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am. While I originally liked the LIVE Pro-Am concept more, I've come to prefer what 2K has done (some changes in NBA 2K17 aside). Having both styles of rules and gameplay would obviously cater to both preferences, so everyone wins there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lawzy180 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:50 pm

I feel a lot of things that NBA 2K have in their game, some things like that should be brought into the next LIVE.
All of the 'MyPark' been able to free roam around different courts, get to play with friends and different people with your own Pro. Sit round the courts, watching other people play, queing up for a game with friends.

I've also seen Glow Up Dark courts, slam dunk contests, things that are fun to do throughout the game.
Weekly challenges on LUT Is an important thing, just like there is on the Mobile, day to day live events, Different sets and collectables for players.

Just there is so many things i could go through, like a NBA Live's own version of 'My Park' different events throughout the game, daily live events, just so much stuff LIVE That you can bring in!

Listen to all your fans, and also look what NBA 2K17 Have in their game!!!

Good luck on the new Upcoming Game EA!
Lawzy180

Postby Ermolli on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:30 am

Andrew wrote:Some good ideas there. While I have my gripes with NBA 2K's grading logic, some of its deductions for genuinely bad decisions, poor shot selection and so forth, are appropriate and effective deterrents. You can also get kicked from a game in 2K Pro-Am if you drop below a D- grade. There's a downside to that as the grading logic isn't always fair, and given the squad aspect it really should be up to the team to make that call, but it's good for the Walk-On games.

Speaking of squads, I think that's something LIVE Pro-Am should do. I know there's a Play With Friends option, and it's definitely better than playing with randoms, but the ability to create a squad with stats tracking, ongoing win-loss record, and team branding would be awesome. I also think that there should be both street-oriented and NBA-oriented options within LIVE Pro-Am, similar to how 2K has MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am. While I originally liked the LIVE Pro-Am concept more, I've come to prefer what 2K has done (some changes in NBA 2K17 aside). Having both styles of rules and gameplay would obviously cater to both preferences, so everyone wins there.

I had a game last week in which one player from the opposite team floated around the court and when someone passed him the ball he just stood there waiting for a shot clock violation. I hope EA finds a way to eliminate that kind of players from the mode, tuning the grade logic is key there.

The idea of the video was strictly about the gameplay aspect of the mode but I agree with what you've mentioned. NBA Elite 11 had a great idea about a mode similar to Pro-Am (EASBA I believe) which included creating a team of friends and playing against other squads while improving team editing and playing in better courts while getting wins. Hope those ideas translate to Live 17.
Ermolli

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:23 am

I just played Madden 17 (X1) for the first time last night... and they made so many improvements. The game feels smooth, far less herky jerky than Madden 16, and the presentation is amazing. Also, the graphics very much resemble real life.

Here is what I am hoping: EA Sports brings the same type of attention to NBA Live 17... Including the way Madden conducts its franchise mode. Atleast in Madden you can use multiple teams in the mode, including having a fantasy draft option. Meaning, local multiplayer would finally be an option. I feel like the animations in Madden have shown great improvement.

Anybody else agree with this assessment? Playing Madden got me pumped for NBA Live 17...
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:35 am

I don't play Madden myself, or FIFA or NHL for that matter, but hearing about some of the improvements that have been made in those games, I definitely hope that NBA Live receives similar attention and resources, and ultimately find the success it used to have.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:34 am

TonyAttia from OS made a great video of several issues plaguing NBA Live 16 which most (if not all) gameplay flaws need to be fixed for Live 17.
phpBB [video]

After playing some previous Live games I found that there are several mechanics that are missing which I miss. I always preferred having more control about what I want to do on the court instead of the game decide it for me, which I feel limits the feel of the game. One of those things is when you make a pro hop or eurostep and the layup automatically triggers instead of manually doing it myself. This like that, Live 10's off the ball controls, Live 14's manual passing and others I wish would come back.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 am

Agreed. Contextual animations have their place, but a good amount of control needs to be in the user's hands.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18