Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:47 am

Hey what's up guys it's Shady back again this year to bring you guys another simulation slider set! Most of you guys probably know me from Operation sports from my Madden slider sets under the name "Mike32Ownz" or my 2K and NCAA Football sliders under "JrueToTheGame" or even from my old YT Channel Mastermike32. Point is, regardless of the name or the sport my goal is always going to be to bring you the most challenging and realistic sliders available. This is my first year full time over here at NLSC and I'm looking forward to sharing with you guys and seeing your feedback!

Now, on to the sliders:

Right now due to a few glitches there are some features of NBA 2K17 that are not available to us / functioning properly specifically the Point's of emphasis / ACE. Because of this we cannot adjust to "not allow 3's" or "Clog the paint" So I'm not entirely sure how the CPU adjusts to your the in game adjustments that we may make so that has led me to do two things: 1. I have not touched the tendencies at all yet / 2. I have severely lowered the CPU's 3 point efficiency out of the box.

Another new feature today (which 2K did force upon us might I add) is that layups are now timed just like jumpshots as if you were using shot stick timing. Again, I'm not a fan of the whole timing / aiming system but there is no way to change it at the moment so my slider set will compensate for that.

The final thing I wanted to talk about with this Beta is the On-ball defense out of the box. It is ridiculous. I had Steph Curry locking down LeBron off the dribble as if he was Gary Payton....I just don't get how you launch the game like that. So if you were also annoyed by that you should definitely enjoy this beta set as that was the first thing that I tackled.

2K17 Slider set Beta:

Game Difficulty - Hall Of Fame (Custom) * MAKE SURE TO start on HOF then begin to make changes.

Fatigue - On
Injuries - On
Game Speed - 51
Free Throw Difficulty - 50

Shooting type - Real Player %
Free Throw Shooting Type - Real Player %
Ball Handler Text - None
Shot Meter - OFF
Shot Feedback - OFF

Controller Settings

Defensive Assist Strength - 0 VERY IMPORTANT
Boxout Assist Strength - 0
Automatic Shot Contest - Always

Offense

User/CPU

Inside Shot Success – 37/30
Close Shot Success – 40/40
Mid-range Success – 38/38 (Again, feel free to tweak jumpshot settings as you see fit. Different people play different levels of on Ball D which will effect your challenge)
3PT Success – 38/38 (^Ditto)
Layup Success – 49/46
Dunk In Traffic Frequency – 50/50
Dunk In Traffic Success – 50/50
Pass Accuracy – 45/30
Alley-Oop Success – 50/50
Contact Shot Success – 30/30
Ball Security - 95/95
Body-Up Sensitivity- 20/60

Defense

Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 50/50
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 50/50
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 35/80
Layup Defense Strength (Release) - 35/80
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 0/0
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 0/0
Help Defense Strength - 50/50
Steal Success - 55/60

Attributes

Acceleration – 80/50
Vertical – 45/45
Strength – 30/50
Stamina – 50/50
Speed – 60/51
Durability - 100/100
Hustle – 90/65
Ball Handling – 70/70
Hands – 40/40
Dunking Ability -50/50
On-Ball Defense – 30/30
Stealing – 45/45
Blocking – 55/60
Offensive Awareness - 10/10
Defensive Awareness – 90/90
Offensive Rebounding - 31/31
Defensive Rebounding – 49/49
Offensive Consistency - 10/75
Defensive Consistency - 90/90
Fatigue Rate – 40/40
Lateral Quickness - 80/50

Tendencies

Take Inside Shots - 50/50
Take Close Shots – 50/50
Take Mid-range Shots – 50/50
Take 3PT Shots – 50/50
Post Shots – 50/60
Attack The Basket -50/65
Look For Post Players – 50/50
Throw Alley-Oops - 70/100
Attempt Dunks – 55/55
Attempt Putbacks – 100/60
Play Passing Lanes – 60/50
Go For On-Ball Steals – 50/65
Contest Shots - 50/50
Backdoor Cuts – 50/0

Fouls

Over the Back Foul - 100/100
Charging Foul - 100/100
Blocking Foul - 100/100
Reaching Foul - 50/50
Shooting Foul - 75/75
Loose Ball Foul - 100/100

MyLeague Settings
Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
Simulated Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
Normalize Played to Sim Minutes - Yes
Normalize Played to Sim Stats - Yes

Salary Cap - On
Salary Cap Value - 94
Salary Cap Inflation Rate - 54
Hard Cap - Off***

Trade Frequency - 49
Injuries - On
Injury Severity - 20
Injury Duration - 30
Career-Ending Injury Frequency - 1
Draft Class Quality - 40
Progressive Fatigue - On
Team Chemistry - On
Player Progression Rate - 55
Player Regression Rate - 35
In-Season Training Effects - 5
Player Non-Financial Ambitions Factor - 100

Simulator Difficulty - 50
Trade Negotiation Difficulty - 60
Contract Negotiation Difficulty - 76
CPU Re-Signing Aggressiveness - 95
Morale Difficulty - 100
Morale Effects - 20
Chemistry Difficulty - 50
Chemistry Effects - 15
CPU Injury Frequency - 45
User Injury Frequency - 45
CPU Injury Effects - 15
User Injury Effects - 15

PC 2KShare: #ShadyBeta ***Last Updated 2/3 1:47AM EST***
Last edited by ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 16 times in total.
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 Simulation Slider set ***BETA***

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:48 am

The one thing I did forget to mention is the 3 point shooting. Play at least 3 games with the settings listed above. I really need feedback here because I have seen some utterly ridiculous variables here. I had the Warriors shoot like 18/35 from 3 on me and then the very next game I had the Bucks shoot 2/10 lol so before you think it's way too low or way too high experiment with different teams!

One more thing! I haven't even touched the tendencies yet. That is coming. You WILL need to make adjustments based on skill level! My layups is at 50 because I'm horrible with that shot stick timing!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby mp3 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:05 am

Good to see you making an early start with your slider settings Shady, I will give them a go after work and I will upload them on the ps4 on your behalf too.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:41 am

Im curious how the "0/0" Body up would work. I think the bumping is a bit excessive, but with 0/0 does it basically remove it?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Philip00 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:38 am

Hi Mike!

Im really satisfied with your slider now it' real basketball, i am uusin iser shot timing but it works! I have only one problem, Somewhy the CPU dosen't call Timeout so all the players getting tired and tired. Is it possible to somehow fix it? (im sorry for my bad English)
Philip00

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:58 am

Dee4Three wrote:Im curious how the "0/0" Body up would work. I think the bumping is a bit excessive, but with 0/0 does it basically remove it?

That's a hard question to answer but realistically the answer is no (although I wish it did)....What I would say is from my testing it seems to remove certain "aspects" of it. Even with the slider at 0 some of the animations still remain for both sides.

Hi Mike!

Philip00 wrote:Hi Mike!

Im really satisfied with your slider now it' real basketball, i am uusin iser shot timing but it works! I have only one problem, Somewhy the CPU dosen't call Timeout so all the players getting tired and tired. Is it possible to somehow fix it? (im sorry for my bad English)

Yea I've noticed that as well, unfortunately there is no way for me to fix that via sliders....just like with the POE's we'll have to wait for a patch.

mp3 wrote:Good to see you making an early start with your slider settings Shady, I will give them a go after work and I will upload them on the ps4 on your behalf too.

Thanks man much appreciated.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:16 am

Quick update CPU 3pt shooting up to 37. Changes in the OP and on 2KShare #ShadyBeta
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby JWL3 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:25 am

Dee4Three wrote:Im curious how the "0/0" Body up would work. I think the bumping is a bit excessive, but with 0/0 does it basically remove it?

I, too, am curious about this. On default on HOF difficulty, the cpu defender starts humping me the moment I cross half court and doesn't stop until they get possession. Dude is riding me like a cheap pony. I can hardly go anywhere without him bumping me left and right. I get that 2K is trying to make the game more "defense driven" but this is ridiculous. I'm average 3 ppg and 15% FG shooting, 3 turnovers on HOF.
JWL3

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:41 am

JWL3 wrote:

I, too, am curious about this. On default on HOF difficulty, the cpu defender starts humping me the moment I cross half court and doesn't stop until they get possession. Dude is riding me like a cheap pony. I can hardly go anywhere without him bumping me left and right. I get that 2K is trying to make the game more "defense driven" but this is ridiculous. I'm average 3 ppg and 15% FG shooting, 3 turnovers on HOF.

Well hey man throw the sliders in and give it a go.

This is a good example of how they play you off the ball. There' is still a "bump" animation, but it's not like a shove like before.

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby joosegoose on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:51 am

Yes! Used your sliders the past 2 years and been waiting for your '17 set. Will try these out later.

Does layup timing really apply when using Real Player %? I had no idea...that really is an awful thing to force on the user. I'd think that could maybe be patched, hopefully.
joosegoose

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:02 am

Great to see you back again with new sliders this year. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:38 pm

joosegoose wrote:Yes! Used your sliders the past 2 years and been waiting for your '17 set. Will try these out later.

Does layup timing really apply when using Real Player %? I had no idea...that really is an awful thing to force on the user. I'd think that could maybe be patched, hopefully.

Thanks Joose good to see you. And yes it does. It really stinks for me because I suck at the timing and really in general just hate the bar. Would love if there was a patch to return to the original method.

Andrew wrote:Great to see you back again with new sliders this year. (Y)

Thanks man great to be here. Having a blast with 2K17 so far. Still a lot of work to be done but I think if 2K can patch some things this is going to be a heck of a year.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Here's an in-depth look into my slider set and my general thoughts on 2K17 and some of the features at launch.

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby joosegoose on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:49 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
joosegoose wrote:Yes! Used your sliders the past 2 years and been waiting for your '17 set. Will try these out later.

Thanks Joose good to see you. And yes it does. It really stinks for me because I suck at the timing and really in general just hate the bar. Would love if there was a patch to return to the original method.

I hear you there! I use Real Player % for a reason, and I really don't want that taken away from me. I don't want to have more user impact on shots than necessary (makes it slightly less sim imo), I don't want to be better/worse with different guys based on their releases, and I don't want to mess around with a meter that takes away from the presentation and immersion. Luckily I haven't been paying too close attention so far and haven't seen any obvious bricked layups because of it, but hopefully they can patch out the user input for this setting at least.

Also, I mentioned on OS that you've posted this. I linked to here but didn't post the actual set.
joosegoose

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Welcome back with this golden stuff. Can you also post some Controller settings, especially the boxout and defensive assist values?
I Hate Mondays

Postby dyopopoy on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:20 pm

hey thanks for the effort man!

But, are you sure about the "Hands" ratings?
Cause its like 80% of the passes, the receiver fumbles the ball, killing momentum of a fastbreak or anything. Its like professional players struggle in catching. :lol:
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel to download mods.
dyopopoy
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel Creator

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:45 pm

dyopopoy wrote:hey thanks for the effort man!

But, are you sure about the "Hands" ratings?
Cause its like 80% of the passes, the receiver fumbles the ball, killing momentum of a fastbreak or anything. Its like professional players struggle in catching. :lol:

Nah, it's pretty annoying haha that will be changed soon. I was hoping to use that to cause more turnovers but in reality it just messes up my fast breaks. Right now the things I'm trying to nail down are:

3pt shooting
CPU Shot selection
Fouls under the basket

-I feel like the 3 point shooting is really inconsistent. Will probably bump more by a few points (hopefully without turning the GS Warriors into god's)
-I feel like the CPU throws the ball into "close" range too much and takes weird jumpshots
-The CPU DOES NOT drive (Probably because of 2K's crazy on-ball defense)
-I feel like every time the CPU shoots a stand still shot under the basket there is a foul called resulting in my bigs getting in a lot of foul trouble.

I need guys like LeBron and Rose to ATTACK and look to kick out afterwards and I'm not seeing that which is pretty disappointing tbh.

Long way to go guys.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby dyopopoy on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:02 am

Lots of trial and error.
Will try to chip in, using your simulation sliders.
I play MyLeague everyday so I think I get to do this more often.
For now, I'll change the "Hands rating" give them +15 each for user/cpu.

3pt? ,hmm, I played GS, and I think its fine. durant, curry, thompson, miss pull up 3s now. unlike the defaults, I've shouted more WTFs than their total 3s. And its a lot!
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel to download mods.
dyopopoy
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel Creator

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:08 am

Yo did you guys see that 2K ninja patched the shooting sliders? I thought i was going crazy!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby dreamagain on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:16 am

What did they patch? They need to ninja patch POE's back in to the game because right now myleague is unplayable.
dreamagain

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:19 am

dreamagain wrote:What did they patch? They need to ninja patch POE's back in to the game because right now myleague is unplayable.

They toned down all shooting sliders for offline...I will be updating the set to reflect those changes soon. And the fact that the game launched without POE's is a joke in and of itself
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ltownsing on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:42 pm

what should the coach settings be on manual or auto? and what does Adaptive Coaching Engine Do, should it be on or off?
ltownsing

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:55 am

ltownsing wrote:what should the coach settings be on manual or auto? and what does Adaptive Coaching Engine Do, should it be on or off?

I have it on Auto but as of right now Ace does NOTHING. The feature is broken, waiting on patch.
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 Simulation Slider set ***BETA TWO***

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:08 am

Beta two is OUT #ShadyBeta on 2Kshare for PC players....shooting sliders updated tweaked hands, fatigue, and fouls as well. Changes are in the OP!
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 Simulation Slider set ***BETA TWO***

Postby mp3 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:03 pm

Hey Mike,

I played a couple of games with the and win pretty easy on superstar then on HOF and I was thinking maybe higher the "Body up" and "On ball D" just abit to say like 5? I found it a easy to get to basket even with a decent defender on me

Other than that good job so far mate.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Next

Return to NBA 2K17