NY TIMES...BRIGHT LIGHTS.. BIG CITY..

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Postby kashy_bambino on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:52 pm

I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM AS FAR AS POST BUT I TOO HAVE BEEN LURKING THIS SITE FOR SOME TIME NOW. I WILL BE GETTING 2K17 IN A COUPLE OF DAYS AND PLAN TO START EITHER A MY GM/OR MY STORY. THE EXPANSION FEATURE IS REALLY DOPE, AND INTERESTING. I WOULD LIKE SOME OF YOU GUYS OPINION ON WHAT YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO SEE. IM TRYING TO GET BACK INTO WRITING AND WHAT BETER WAY TO START THAN WRITING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU LOVE,(BASKETBALL). I MADE THE NAME SMITTY VARGAS STORY BECAUSE IF I DO CHOOSE MYGM IM GOING TO PLAY SOME GAMES, BUT I WANT TO BUILD A REAL STORYLINE WITH THE BEHIND THE SCENES. EXPECT SUSPENSIONS, TMZ RUMOR POST,ETC.

Looking for feedback for motivation. I plan to get started on an intro for the story in a couple days..
Last edited by kashy_bambino on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kashy_bambino

Re: A SMITTY VARGAS STORY

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Welcome to the Forum! Do you have a team in mind?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kashy_bambino on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:30 pm

Andrew wrote:Welcome to the Forum! Do you have a team in mind?

I'M A BIG MELO FAN SO IM THINKING ABOUT THE KNICKS, BUT IF I'M ALSO THINKING ABOUT RELOCATING THE KINGS OR JAZZ TO THE EAST THRU THE EXPANSION. I LIKE DEMARCUS AND I WOULD USE HIS TEAM USA EXPERIENCE TO HELP BRING A TITLE TO THE CITY I SELECT.
kashy_bambino

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:50 pm

Just a tip, posting in all caps represents shouting, and is considered rude. It also makes posts a lot harder to read, so please don't do that.

Knicks should be a fun team to use this season, but obviously there's potential for a lot of fun and crazy ideas for re-branding and expansion this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kashy_bambino on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:02 am

Andrew wrote:Just a tip, posting in all caps represents shouting, and is considered rude. It also makes posts a lot harder to read, so please don't do that.

Knicks should be a fun team to use this season, but obviously there's potential for a lot of fun and crazy ideas for re-branding and expansion this year.

I Know lol, Im stuck right now, Im going to take a couple days, look at some teams, to see which one would be exciting to play with, I also want to see some more feedback on what teams people would like to see.
kashy_bambino

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:19 am

At the end of the day, I'd recommend picking the team that appeals most to you. That's where the best story will come from, because you'll be into the game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kashy_bambino on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:27 am

thanks
kashy_bambino

Postby kashy_bambino on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:53 am

2015-16 record: 32-50

Who's gone: G Arron Afflalo, G Jose Calderon, G Langston Galloway, G Jerian Grant, C Robin Lopez, F Derrick Williams, G Tony Wroten

Who's new: C Guillermo Hernangomez, G Brandon Jennings, F Mindaugas Kuzminskas, G Courtney Lee, F Maurice Ndour, C Joakim Noah (via free agency); G Justin Holiday, G Derrick Rose (via trade)

As Carmelo Anthony enters the final years of his prime, the Knicks look to enter a new identity for the upcoming season. The new GM who will be named in a couple of days is rumored to be under strict orders from owner Phil Jackson. While Melo finds himself leading a new pack, head coach Jeff Hornacek finds himself in charge of a team and it seems to be an odd pairing at first, however this move has some merit. In Hornacek’s first season in Phoenix after being named Head Coach, the Suns went from an average fast-break team (13.5ppg) to the league’s best fast-break team (18.7ppg) and jumped from 29th in offensive efficiency to eighth. Coming into a team who has ranked dead last in fast-break scoring in each of the last four seasons, Hornacek’s mantra of getting out on the break will not only help the Knicks get easier baskets, but an increase in offensive efficiency is sure to come as part of that as well.

With their latest acquisitions, the Knicks are clearly looking to win now. This makes sense, since Anthony is going into his 14th season. With Anthony at 32 years old, the window for a championship with him as a member of the Knicks is closing. However, the last time an NBA team in New York pursued a win-now mentality, it did not yield good results.Their starting line-up is mostly well established players and contains scoring, flair and defensive hustle, however beyond their starting five, things get pretty thin aside from Brandon Jennings. Question marks over how an aging, often injured starting line-up will respond to Jeff Hornacek’s fast-break style also linger

Everyone will be watching the Knicks this season, captivated by the hope of competitive NBA basketball. If the Knicks play to their maximum potential, they could finally give fans something to legitimately cheer for. If they play like they have over the past few seasons, the Knicks may spiral in a combination of injuries, critical media, and an aching fan base.
kashy_bambino

Re: NY TIMES...BRIGHT LIGHTS.. BIG CITY..

Postby kashy_bambino on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:24 am

“LIVE FROM TRAINING CAMP.”

“Knicks Name Smitty Vargas As New Gm”
Phil Jackson has named Smitty Vargas as new GM for the New York Knicks. Vargas has been around the league for a while for various teams like the Bucks where he served 2 years as an assistant coach. He than got hired by the Jazz as an assistant to the head of Basketball Operations. He now joins the Knicks organization with hopes of bringing good thing to the city.”

Interviewer 1: With this being your first General Manager position, do you think you can handle the pressures that GM’s face?

SV: (does small chuckle before answering), of course I can handle it. This inst anything I haven't seen before. Although this is my first run at GM, I have always paid attention to what goes on through out the league, as well as in management. I have always been involved in the moves on the teams Ive been on. Not to say I made the decisions, but my opinions were heard.

Interviewer 2: This team, and city is very different from any other city or team in the league. The fans have high expectations, and give littlw time for improvement. Are you prepared to handle the media at high volume?

SV: Well as you should know, I am a NY native. I moved to the south very early in childhood but majority of my family is from Spanish Harlem,and the Bronx. My family knows Noah’s family particularly well. Noah actually was on the phone withe Phil Jackson when I got offered the job.

Interviewer 3: What are your expectations for this year, and do you see the playoffs this year?

SV: My expectations are simple, better than last year. Playoffs? Without a doubt.
kashy_bambino

Postby kashy_bambino on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:04 pm

[b]GOALS FOR THE SEASON[/b]

kashy_bambino

Postby kashy_bambino on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:48 am

What The Media Thinks..

The obvious GS Warriors are to be expected to be ranked number 1 after the move for KD this offseason. Cavs favor the number 2 ranking basically keeping the same team with the exception of a few role players who took other contracts.Surprising teams like OKC, and the Bulls are still ranked in the top 10. OKC ranked in the top 5. Russell will have much room to prove himself with little to no help. The Bulls lost key players, but gained key veterans such as Mr. Wade, and Rondo. Those two have the championship formula, so maybe this is the push Jimmy Butler needs. The Doubters are surely present however with NBA.com ranking the NY KNICKS 27th going into this upcoming season. We caught up with Knick captain Carmelo Anthony after training camp.

27th! Wow. Didnt expect that at all. No respect for the blue and orange. I guess its only one thing left to do, SHOW AND PROVE.-MELO
'

NBA OPENER AGAINST CAVS UP NEXT!
kashy_bambino

Postby kashy_bambino on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:47 pm

Image VS Image

BIG WIN TO SILENCE DOUBTERS!!

Knicks opened the NBA 2017 Season with a bang defeating the defending champion Cavs. In this high scoring game, Lebron & Melo went traded baskets early before Melo caught 2 quick fouls. With Melo out the game the Cavs took advantag and pulled to 28-20 lead at the end of the first. The Knicks battled back and were able to pull to a two point lead at half.Both teams opened the half evenly, as they traded baskets through the 3rd, only having the Knicks pull away in the 4th. "The Big 6" all scored double figures,with Melo 20 points,6 rebounds, and 8 assists. Kyrie showing his new what seems to be leader ship role ended the game with game high 21 points and 10 dimes. Lebron finished second in scoring for the Cavs with 16 points, and filled up the stat sheet with 5 rebounds 10 dimes, and 8 steals. Unfortunately for Cleveland that wasn't enough as the Knicks gained confidence heading into their season home opener against the Grizzly's.

KNICKS BOXSORE
https://postimg.org/image/opl71h2wr/

CAVS BOXSCORE
https://postimg.org/image/cs5yeu7r9/
kashy_bambino

Postby kashy_bambino on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:06 pm

KNICKS WIN HOME OPENER NAIL BITER..

Carmelo poured in 29 points, as he led the NY Knicks to their second stright victory to start the new year. Carmelo having a hand in every play leading down the stretch whether it was a basket from him or an assist to KP for two of his 27 points. Melo also added 5 rebounds, to go with 7 assists. We caught up with Melo after the game, where he has this to say.

I'm very proud of this Knicks organization, even though its only our second game. I have much confidence in this years team, and they played excellent tonight. The energy is where it needs to be from the fans, as well as the team. The building moved the whole night. This is how MSG is supposed to be every night. Stay tuned.

AROUND THE NBA UP NEXT.
kashy_bambino

Postby kashy_bambino on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:43 am

*KNICKS POINT GUARD SIDELINED FOR 10 DAYS.

OTHER LEAGUE NOTES.
*Portland lead the west with 11-4 record
*GS trails Portland with 10-4 record
OKC trails GS at 9-5
*Andre Drummand season ending injury

With 13 games into the season, we give you a quick recap of the first three weeks with our NBA analyst's Tim Smith, and Jason Banks.

TS: I for one think its too early to give a recap, or predictions. We are only three weeks into the league for crying of shake.

JB: Im excited for this season, and as I said, my favorite team Portland are out the gate fast. They currently lead the west in the conference standings at 10-4. Before the season started, I said that Dame had a huge chip on his shoulder, and planned to let the league know of it. He is fourth in points,with 23.5 points per game. They take on your Knicks this week, actaully.

TS: We are going to get into my KNicks in just a second. I want to talk about the favored GS Warriors.

JB: They are struggling... They sit at 10-4 with my Trailblazers, and I dont think they have what it takes this year to go back to the finals..

TS: You Dont Think What!? Again we are three weeks into the season, the Lebron James, and Wade Heat took 20 games to gel together. This Warrior team has about 60+ games left to get the chemistry together, and I think they will. KD right now is second in scoring next to James Harden with 27 points per game. Once Steph and KD find their nitch together, I think the West is in trouble

JB" Yea, well, we will see about that. I do know KD's old buddy isnt having a problem leading his team. Westbrook and his Thunder are forth in the West and sit at 9-5. Westbrook has alot to prove, and so little time to do so. Look for them to be in the playoffs come May.

TS: No faith in GS, but you put your faith in a one man team. Absolutely no big names other than Westbrook, and his coach, and you actually believe in them. You live such a fairy tale world.

JB: Ok, now for your KNicks. They are 13-0 right now, looking amazing. Melo isnt holding the ball long, players look happy, and the KNicks are winning! How long does this last?

TS: Welp, Im going to be a bit hard on my KNicks,I believe everybody is sleeping on them right now, you know the first go around. Now with Derrick Rose injured for a week, we will see how good the Knicks really are.

JB: Brandon Jennings has lead them to two victory's since Rose was injured. He looks to be the answer when Rose isnt around. Although they look a little sluggish finding a back up while Rose is gone, the Knicks seem to find answers. The team vocal leader, Noah plays a big part in this teams sucess, because he puts the fire into the team. Every home game, and packed with fans going crazy. The Knicks have for sure put the energy back in the garden. It has a 90's feel when you step into the arena.

TS: Well thats our time for today. We will be back at the end of the month for the NBA first month recap.

PORTLAND VS KNICKS UP NEXT..
kashy_bambino

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood