Legends Pool

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Legends Pool

Postby mervie16 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:48 am

Guys will there be a problem to the game or the modes if I add some players on the legends pool?
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Re: Legends Pool

Postby Book_Gazette on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:40 am

It will only happen if there are too many, height and weight glitches (I've expirienced with a bad database :D ). Just make sure you retire some players and add the same amount of legends and balance them
Book_Gazette

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:30 am

There's no problem whatsoever in adding more players to the Legends pool, and you do not have to remove any other players to do so. I've been adding new Legends in the NLSC roster updates for years without any issues.

The important thing is to create all new players from within the game, and only edit them externally to change the attributes that are inaccessible in-game. So, create them and place them in the Free Agent pool, then edit the database to change their ISLEGEND attribute to True, TEAM to 40, and anything else you need to edit (such as assigning a cyberface). If you stick to creating players in the game and only making changes to the databases when it's absolutely necessary, you shouldn't run into any database issues.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mervie16 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:56 am

Thanks for the answers.
Sir Andrew, how about if the I want to move the players from the Retired section onto the Legends pool? I'll just change the ISLEGEND to true and TEAM to 40. will that create an error? Cause you said that it neccessary to create the players in game.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:15 am

If you're creating new players, always do so from within the game. If the player is already there in the database, you can move them between the Retired Pool, Free Agents, and Legends Pool without any problems, just by changing the TEAM value.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mervie16 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:15 pm

Ohh I thought I would need to duplicate the players xD

Guys I need your opinions on who are some players that could be on the legends pool even they're still playing in the league.
I'll add Dirk and KG in the pool as well as Kobe, AI and Yao.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Well, Shaq was available in the Legends Pool in NBA Live 2000 despite being active, and in his prime. If you wanted to put a top-of-his-game LeBron in there, it wouldn't be without precedent. I generally feel that the Legends Pool should be retired/historical players only, but again, EA themselves set that precedent.

Recently retired Tim Duncan should certainly be there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mervie16 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Yeah. I added timmy too in the pool.
But I got a problem, whenever I play the dynasty mode, after simulating 1 match, the games just closes on its own. There's no database error that appears. The game just shut on its own.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:11 pm

There's obviously an error somewhere, but it's highly unlikely to be related to the Legends Pool.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mervie16 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:07 pm

Andrew wrote:There's obviously an error somewhere, but it's highly unlikely to be related to the Legends Pool.

I made a back up of my roster before adding players on the legends pool. Then I try to play my backed up roster on the dynasty mode and nothing went wrong, got the whole season simulated up to the next. what could it be? :shock:
On the roster with legends pool (dynasty crash), I just move the players from the retired section onto the legends pool by changing their ORIGTEAM and TEAM to 40 and making ISHISTORIC to true.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:31 pm

How are you editing the DBF files?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mervie16 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:12 pm

I use both the live editor and DB commander.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:10 am

It's possible that a database has been corrupted by a change somewhere. I really couldn't say.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cadden on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:22 pm

I decided to continue doing some updates until the governor's cup finals. After the finals. There'll be no more updates.
Here's my final list that I need to work on.
*Updated PBA,EBA,USA roster
*Legends Pool with both PBA & EBA legends.
*Updated fiba teams(Rio)??
Can you add an Asian all star team??? :bowdown: :bowdown2:
Cadden

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:48 pm

You can add any team you like, as long as you've got art for it (or placeholder art to use in the interim).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dacrossover on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:19 am

hope da rookies n coaches have real faces in da usa roster :roll:
dacrossover

Postby Book_Gazette on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:47 am

I will be creating player faces, and on my roster Team USA has mostly accurate faces
Book_Gazette

Postby mervie16 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:22 am

Andrew wrote:It's possible that a database has been corrupted by a change somewhere. I really couldn't say.

well I still can't figure it all out, but I'd manage to make the dynasty work with the legends pool having 100 players.
I just copy and paste the players data onto the old players (those on the start of the players.dbf) and change their team ids to 40 and ishistoric to true. I did that cause when I create a player using live editor (the 369nd player w/ playerid of 3897) the dynasty mode crashes for some reason.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:25 am

I clearly said before, as I so often do: always create new players in-game, not externally. Only externally edit the files when there's a value you can't access, or function you can't perform in-game. That's very important advice about roster editing that I can't stress enough. If you're going to ignore my advice, then it's pointless for me to offer it in the future.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mervie16 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:24 am

Andrew wrote:I clearly said before, as I so often do: always create new players in-game, not externally. Only externally edit the files when there's a value you can't access, or function you can't perform in-game. That's very important advice about roster editing that I can't stress enough. If you're going to ignore my advice, then it's pointless for me to offer it in the future.

I tried your method sir, but in my case whenever I create multiple players in-game and then edit them externally. I always got the faces.dbf error when playing dynasty mode. That's the reason I create players using the editor.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:30 am

In that case, the databases have become pretty unstable, and will be difficult to work with in the future. If players have previously been added via the Editor, then that's probably the cause. It's probably going to limit what you can do moving forward; nothing you can do about that, unfortunately.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Book_Gazette on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:51 am

I've always used the editor, but dynasty still doesn't work. I think it would be best to balance the database you are feeding the game mode. Putting the same in and out
Book_Gazette

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:15 am

As I said, using the editor to add players is a bad idea. Normally you won't have those errors with the Legends pool, but if things have gotten messy with the databases through using some of the editor's functions, you will run into problems and limitations.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mervie16 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:07 pm

may be I hit a limit. But its okay. Cause I won't be doing anymore updates on our mod.
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:44 am

Another tip that I'll put out there - I'm not sure if I've actually mentioned it before - is that using the original birthtown.dbf and birthstate.dbf files seems to correct a lot of random crashing issues in Dynasty Mode. Worth copying those files to a roster save if it's having problems, and seeing if that resolves it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 08