Game of Thrones Thread (The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Whose side are you on?

Cersei Lannister
No votes
Daenerys Targaryen
83%
White Walkers
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: Game of Thrones Thread

Postby el badman on Tue May 24, 2016 9:52 am

Pretty amazing ending indeed, had me stunned for a few minutes there.
Agreed on the Arya stuff, it's beginning to look like it's not going anywhere, hopefully not the case. Great episode overall.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Tue May 24, 2016 9:55 am

Hopefully it's building to something, and just being stretched out a little to give Maisie Williams more to do over the course of a season, kind of like Theon's torture in Season 3.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon May 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Ugh, Tommen. You might just be a worse king than Joffrey. The High Sparrow is looking awfully smug right now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Mon May 30, 2016 3:27 pm

this was a slow episode for me, not much i cared about. even the benjen "reveal" was off. it was obvious it was him the second you saw him but they kept it a "secret" for some reason til the end of the episode. i did however get what i wanted from the Arya story line though i really wish we got the fight this week instead of having to wait until next. the dragon seemed like some fan service thing. it was almost like they knew it was a slow episode and they wanted something cool to end it with.
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon May 30, 2016 7:47 pm

It was a bit of a breather episode.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby el badman on Tue May 31, 2016 9:29 am

Agreed, which was kinda expected given the intensity of the previous episode, but I also do wish Arya had kicked that bitch's ass in this episode, or at least that something awful had finally happened to the high sparrow...
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Tue May 31, 2016 10:01 am

Hopefully, they're building to that. I'm undecided as to whether Margery has truly been converted by the High Sparrow, or whether she's outsmarted him with a long con. I'm leaning towards the latter...or at least hoping, perhaps.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue May 31, 2016 12:18 pm

i just want to see someone get their comeuppance from the right person. seeing as this is the game of thrones the sparrow will get what is due to him but it will be from someone like bronn
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue May 31, 2016 1:05 pm

It's Game of Thrones. I'll take justice however I can get it. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue May 31, 2016 1:25 pm

i wonder what people consider a fit end for ramsey? something like theon cutting on his pecker and sansa using it to make a strap on to rape him to death? too much? not enough?

most likely he will just get stabbed in the gut and get a quick death and the fans will rage over it
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue May 31, 2016 1:44 pm

You're never going to satisfy everyone, so don't even worry about trying to do that. I think a fitting end would be him getting cocky in his scheming, only to have it blow up in his face as the Starks take back Winterfell. Have Jon impale him with Longclaw, and Sansa deliver a few choice words as he's bleeding out.

Or he's betrayed by a bannerman. "The North Remembers..."
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:10 pm

So, no big battles in Episode 7, but some big events nevertheless: return of The Hound, Margaery definitely appearing to be pulling a con, Jon and Sansa beginning their efforts to rally support with limited success, and The Waif stabbing Arya. This being Game of Thrones, anyone can (and obvoiusly does) die, but it would seem a bit anti-climactic to end the latter arc that way. Also, the fact that she didn't drop dead by the end of the episode suggests there's more to the story.

Glad I chose to watch it over most of Game 2 of the NBA Finals, too. Much more entertaining.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Game of Thrones Thread (The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers)

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:39 pm

it was another really good episode but another build up one. i am expecting some pay off next week. the return made me very happy though as he has always been my favorite character on the show
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Episodes 8, 9, and 10 are usually epic, with 9 often being the biggest of the season (though the cliffhanger ending of Season 5, Episode 10 managed to go one step further). Meanwhile, we're getting close to another season being over. :(
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:12 am

yeah its getting close to the series being over now. if what they say is true we are down to our last 16 here
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:19 am

A shame on one hand, but seeing how some television series are dragged out long past their use-by date, it's probably for the best, if the story continues to be well-told.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:30 pm

so seeing the names of the last 3 episodes has me pretty damn excited. looked like once again episode 9 will be the big one for the season
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Agreed. I'm expecting three strong episodes, and another tantalising cliffhanger. D&D know how to push our buttons.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:50 am

the real question is, are we actually going to see the brothers fight? its the thing i want to see more than anything else
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:42 am

I must admit that I'm not as hyped as a lot of people seem to be about the possibility of Cleganebowl, probably because if the "good" brother wins, so does the High Sparrow. I'm more interested in Jon vs. Ramsey.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:20 pm

nah fuck that we need the hound to come back and kill em all. kill his brother. kill cersi. kill the sparrow. just murder everyone. i am biased as he is by far my favorite character on the show
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:28 pm

As long as he takes out the High Sparrow.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:43 pm

So! We finally see The Waif suffer a comeuppance, which is one positive outcome in an episode where things went awry elsewhere. The fact that we did get one positive outcome makes me a little afraid of what's going to happen in Episodes 9 and 10, which as previously noted, usually succeed in being the most epic every season. I know GOT isn't supposed to be all about happy endings, and that is what makes it good, but too many downer endings end up feeling like a shaggy dog story...or indeed, a shaggydog story. The High Sparrow's fall will have to wait, but hopefully Ramsay's is drawing closer.

Speculating on the future, I have a feeling that Cersei is going to end up killing Tommen, though perhaps indirectly, and thereby fulfilling the prophecy that she'll see all three of her children die.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:42 am

man i love having the hound back. his scenes were my favorite again this week. i am getting a little tired of the dragons always being there at exactly the right time. the arya chase scene was fun stuff but i wish we got to actually see them fight. it was pretty cool though how it went down. seems her time being blind helped out a lot. i think next week will bring an end to ramsey and hopefully in a spectacular way. however i think it wont be a happy ending all around, i think someone else is going to die. too many happy stories this season, someone gonna get taken from us. rickon maybe? would be a "good" character lost but not a fan favorite or anything
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:31 am

I don't know about there being too many happy stories this season, but I agree that there will be a price to pay for any kind of victory by Jon Snow and Sansa.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic