Roster Feedback Thread

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Re: Roster Feedback Thread

Postby mp3 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:27 pm

I don't mean to talk harsh of anybody at EA by the ways guys they have my respect.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby mp3 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:10 am

Roster update is up as last Thursday night, still a few missing things and accessories put at least 90% of the rosters are accurate now.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:01 am

We should probably compile a list of the missing accessories and send it along.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:46 pm

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:49 am

New roster update details: https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/ ... -update-15

Four new players have been added in the latest update: Alan Williams, Andrew Goudelock, Axel Toupane, and Sean Kilpatrick.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Better late then never but place holder faces it seems
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat May 07, 2016 11:42 am

Just went through the May 5th roster. The rosters are fairly complete and up to date at this point, though I've noted the following missing players:

Jarell Martin (Memphis) - only room for him or Munford; Grizzlies currently have 16 players under contract due to an injury exception
Xavier Munford (Memphis) - only room for him or Martin; Grizzlies currently have 16 players under contract due to an injury exception
Alonzo Gee (New Orleans) - injured, Pelicans currently over 15 players due to injury exceptions
Quincy Pondexter (New Orleans) - injured, Pelicans currently over 15 players due to injury exceptions
Bryce Dejean-Jones (New Orleans) - as noted above, team roster is at the limit. He has been starting for the Pelicans late in the season, though.
Branden Dawson (LA Clippers)
John Holland (Boston)
Rakeem Christmas (Indiana)
Damien Inglis (Milwaukee)
Briante Weber (Miami)

Another lineup error that I spotted: Phil Pressey is still on the Suns; he was let go in March.

So, as of the May 5th roster, there are 10 missing players, though there's no room for three of them on their team's roster, three haven't played a single game this season, and only one has seen significant court time. Only one player is still on a roster that he shouldn't be, and unless I've overlooked something, there aren't any incorrect jersey numbers in the latest roster.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat May 14, 2016 10:38 am

Just checked, none of the issues I mentioned last week have been resolved in the May 12th roster.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby beegees on Thu May 19, 2016 7:56 am

Hey all, is there an issue when I start to play Tip-Off in Live Ultimate Team the actually squad with all-season long implemented roster changes is featured on the first screen of the opponent's team choosing, but if you go further into pre-game starting lineups selection, there are players from the Day One default roster?.. Needless to say, old lineups are presented in the actually started game too. :( :bowdown:

2K have similar approach too... (N)

P.S. It's a pity that EA Sports has discontinued its highlights of the roster updates, an Excel spreadsheet was a fair manner. :roll: I have been waiting Thursday/Friday every week like a holiday, due my time zone I have been receiving roster up to dates at local evening. Fancy! There was cool! :drool:
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Postby Andrew on Thu May 19, 2016 9:39 am

Yeah, the roster updates don't affect Ultimate Team, unfortunately.

I miss the spreadsheets as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat May 21, 2016 10:40 am

Just checked, and the aforementioned issues haven't been resolved. However, team lineups have been updated.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby beegees on Sat May 21, 2016 7:37 pm

It's good to see that someone (thank you, Andrew :)) investigate each update. Unfortunately, EA Sports/Tribuon is lazy to even highlight the tops in just a Tweet without a full post on the website. ;(
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Postby Andrew on Sun May 22, 2016 10:26 am

Probably not a lot of significant changes at this point of the season. Still, it'd be nice to get some release notes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun May 22, 2016 4:15 pm

From brushing over Erika's Twitter it seems she's working on Madden so I don't expect much in the way live roster updates.
mp3

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon May 23, 2016 1:26 am

mp3 wrote:From brushing over Erika's Twitter it seems she's working on Madden so I don't expect much in the way live roster updates.

yeah, hopefully it means roster saving/editing in NBA Live 17 lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby mp3 on Mon May 23, 2016 3:31 am

Fingers crossed.

But I also think it means she will be mailing it in for Live 16
mp3

Postby Ermolli on Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 am

As long as there's roster editing I don't care if she or whoever is in charge of ratings, I've more faith in guys from the community than whoever is in charge in that area. I feel that way because there will be guys who play the game so much that they'll find ways to edit ratings to tune the game for the better, like the global edits on Live 10.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Mon May 23, 2016 10:31 am

I too am expecting roster updates to be pretty basic the rest of the way, though it'd be nice if we got something during the offseason (and subsequent wait until NBA Live 17). As for NBA Live 17 itself, as many of us have said so many times, it definitely needs to have roster editing (and sharing).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Mon May 23, 2016 11:29 am

I remember Live 10 got updated after Elite 11 got delayed/cancelled but I can't remember much, did they just add rookies with generic faces and updated teams right? Or did they also update ratings and tendencies? If they do update 16 I expect the former at most.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Mon May 23, 2016 1:17 pm

The Synergy updates continued alongside the lineup updates, with new players having generic/CAP faces. I can't remember if any of the non-Synergy ratings were updated, though. It's been a while.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon May 23, 2016 1:37 pm

Yeah they were doing all of the regular DAILY updates and lineup changes but had generic faces for rookies. Not sure if they updated ratings but that was entirely possible.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue May 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Ermolli wrote:As long as there's roster editing I don't care if she or whoever is in charge of ratings, I've more faith in guys from the community than whoever is in charge in that area. I feel that way because there will be guys who play the game so much that they'll find ways to edit ratings to tune the game for the better, like the global edits on Live 10.

I'd prefer the global edits from 09 because there were way more attributes, the more the merrier
ThaLiveKing

Postby Ermolli on Wed May 25, 2016 9:13 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:
Ermolli wrote:As long as there's roster editing I don't care if she or whoever is in charge of ratings, I've more faith in guys from the community than whoever is in charge in that area. I feel that way because there will be guys who play the game so much that they'll find ways to edit ratings to tune the game for the better, like the global edits on Live 10.

I'd prefer the global edits from 09 because there were way more attributes, the more the merrier

The more the merrier of course, I was commenting on personal experience since I didn't play Live 09. I've read that 07 to 09 had lots of attribute cathegories that aren't on Live anymore which is a shame, those need to come back to further separate player abilities.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:10 am

A minor offseason update has come through. Only a couple of moves represented (no Durant to Warriors or Wade to Bulls yet), and no rookies, but perhaps a promising sign for some updates in between now and the release of NBA Live 17?

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 16