Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA Live 18

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA Live 17

Postby StyxTx on Sun May 01, 2016 12:17 am

Moving from old gen to new gen requires a pretty big rewrite of certain things. Also, didn't the series go on haitus for a few years?

Patience grasshopper. We'll see what happens this year cuz I believe, like many others, 3 years in should bring a massive improvement. The foundation is in place so let's see that improvement.

And don't forget in game INJURIES in played out games. :cool:
StyxTx

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun May 01, 2016 3:55 am

StyxTx wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:
mp3 wrote:It does amaze me that other EA Sports titles have management to have this feature but not nba live.

It's make or break for me on roster editing,

It wouldn't stop me buying the game but like last year I was more hyped for Live more so than 2k but EA let us down in that respect in the weeks leading upto the release.

I think there's been stuff they've been working on since 14 that takes years to build, like the off ball stuff in Live 16 took two years to code, I think we'll see some new stuff in that regards with 17, hopefully within game play and with modes. Also I hope they add more with the crowd, similar to NHL when they score, the wave of celebration from the crowd (along with the audio) enhances the experience. Need little things like that in Live 17.

That's something I think many people don't realize. Not everything can be programmed into sports games the first few years. The only way to get everything in is not to release it to begin with till it's complete.

Too many instant gratification people out there but that's all I'll say about them. I could go on for days on that topic. :roll:

And also a lot of the stuff we've had in past games were made with the dev team in Vancouver, they've brought in some people in Orlando who've worked on Live 10, so I assume they're trying to re-create that magic some how while bringing some thing new and fresh. Can't wait to see what NHL brings with customization, hopefully we get something remotely close in NBA Live, cause the whole building a stadium thing is fun.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sun May 01, 2016 11:21 am

It's definitely be great, but I'm also fine with "one step at a time" as far as roster editing/customisation is concerned. Being able to customise and share rosters is a necessity for NBA Live 17; anything beyond that, such as Create/Re-Brand Teams and so forth is icing on the cake. That's not to say I'm against them adding as much as possible in one year, but some features can wait, if they're going to hold back the basics.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun May 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Andrew wrote:It's definitely be great, but I'm also fine with "one step at a time" as far as roster editing/customisation is concerned. Being able to customise and share rosters is a necessity for NBA Live 17; anything beyond that, such as Create/Re-Brand Teams and so forth is icing on the cake. That's not to say I'm against them adding as much as possible in one year, but some features can wait, if they're going to hold back the basics.

they need savable rosters, weekly updates aren't going to cut it anymore.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sun May 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Absolutely. We need that functionality back.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Sun May 01, 2016 5:28 pm

Andrew wrote:At the same time though, we are a few years into the reboot, and we've been hearing "next year" for a couple of years when it comes to certain staples and basic functionality, so the frustration is understandable.

Especially when it comes to gameplay aspects that were in 14 like the one I always mention. Manual lead, bounce and lob pass. I brought it up to the devs many times during 15 hoping they'd add it back but it never got patched in. So I hoped for it to return to 16 only to be disappointed once again. They take away things from the game but they don't add much back. WTF happened to the manual floaters, shots off the backboard, etc.? Did they replace these with the ugly post "bump" animation and the post "alligator arm" shot? LOL it doesn't even frustrate me anymore. It legit makes me laugh. :lol:
Izzy Snow

Postby mp3 on Sun May 01, 2016 5:32 pm

I'd be pretty pissed if they added the stadium build thing before adding roster customization to be honest, I get things take time but 3+ years from a power house gaming company?
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Save game

Postby StyxTx on Sun May 08, 2016 12:22 am

I don't remember if this has been mentioned but could we please save games in process so we can come back to them at a later time?

I have left my PS in sleep mode but sometimes we get T-storms and the power blinks and there goes the game.

But we need the option.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Sun May 08, 2016 12:33 am

I'd like to have that ability too. We haven't been able to do that in NBA Live since NBA Live 2000.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Save game

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun May 08, 2016 2:24 am

StyxTx wrote:I don't remember if this has been mentioned but could we please save games in process so we can come back to them at a later time?

I have left my PS in sleep mode but sometimes we get T-storms and the power blinks and there goes the game.

But we need the option.

They have it in NBA Live Mobile, maybe a lot of the stuff in the mobile game is going to make way in the console *fingers crossed*
ThaLiveKing

Postby Murat on Sun May 08, 2016 7:02 pm

PC, PC, PC, PC, PC, PC...

Will see if any else exists, if they plan a PC release. I know, it's a rare possibility.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mp3 on Mon May 09, 2016 12:04 am

Yeah in game saves would be real helpful as I just played victim to the ps4 going into sleep mode while I was away and having to start over my Dynasty game I was playing.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Ermolli on Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 am

Dynasty Mode
  • Have Dynasty Mode similar to NFL Head Coach 09 or at least have some of its features like different interpretations of player ratings according to the system, philosophy, or team the players are on,trade/free agent acquisition auction system,player behavior that players have different personality traits and characteristics that affect how they perform and how happy they are, more authentic pre-draft and draft according to the team needs.
  • Hot and cold streaks could help in Dynasty by adding some strategy to the mode by choosing between putting the best players at that moment (and players that have chemistry or fit the system) instead of putting the players with the best overall on the starting 5 or not, those streaks would affect players ratings depending on player's consistency ratings.
  • Have the option to choose to begin Dynasty mode as an Assistant Coach and have limited things to do. If you perform well you can be offered to be HC of some team. Also have the option of just being a GM, just a coach, or GM/coach.
  • Chemistry and specific lineups to have more importance on gameplay. Team chemistry would be affected by those players’ satisfaction plus how well players’ got with each other and forming the starting lineups and different units that played well could depend on the synergy between the five players.
  • More GM/coach interaction with players
  • Deeper scouting of draftees. Have the ability to know how the upcoming draft classes are going to be in the next few years (weak, normal or strong). Only choosing five players to scout once is stale, shallow and lack any kind of interest in trying to rebuild via drafts. Scouting through the season with scouts and being able to play with or against them during the offseason to get a feel of them. Let us scout players like previous Live games and bring more life to the draft like Madden. Let us find out the possible draftees' tendencies to see if they could fit into our team's system and expectations for the vacant spot in our roster. Let us know how about hometown, college stats, Draft Combine stats and NBA comparison for the players. Scouts being able to mistake players' abilities.
  • Overall ratings should be part of the players salary but shouldn't be the number one or only reason to dictate how much they earn on their salaries; potential, small or big market, previous injuries, team specific needs (rebounding, defense, three point shooting) could play a part on the amount a player is payed during free agency
  • Hire staff: coach, assistant head coach, assistants, trainers, scouts; each with age, expected salary and years, specialty (which for example be leadership, development, league insider for assistant head coaches), ratings and teams interested. There’s a cap to hire them and could change based on how you did in the previous seasons.
  • Specific commentary (stats, standings, streaks, players, MVP candidates, etc)
  • Be influenced by Football Manager

Pro-Am
  • Create a team. Team would have name and logo created with some editor so there could be some variety. Maybe the team could begin playing with generic jerseys and the home court would be in a park without people outside watching, then as they improve with wins and XP they’d get some fans outside they park games, then in a small gym with few fans and keep on improving until you get in a full-packed NBA-like arena with the ESPN crew commentating. Perhaps as you improve and get more XP you can use licensed shirts and shorts and finally have jerseys from the different templates (UA, Nike, Adidas, etc) with customization (and pregame jackets?).
  • Separate player from Rising Star (maybe even with the ability to use gameface) and gain XP and increasing rating only through this mode, begin playing alone trying to be recruited or be in a team from the get go.
  • Season Mode like Elite 11 would've have.
    The other big thing associated with the EASBA is the addition of seasonal play and playoffs to the mode. "Each season is a month, and there will be three divisions -- Elite, Pro, and Amateur," Reeder explains. "So as you play your games throughout the month, you're trying to get into the best division you can. Then once the season ends, we start the playoffs and whatever division you qualify for at the end of the season, you enter that playoff bracket."
    Playoffs are a 16 team knockout tournament. Think March Madness on a smaller scale.
    Adds Reeder: "You need to win four in a row to essentially win your playoff, then we have a ton of awards and trophies for teams that finish with a good regular season record and win the playoffs. Just a lot of cool stuff to showoff how good your squad is.
    "Then the next month, it's another free-for-all as everyone tries to qualify for the next set of playoffs.
  • Four quarter games with NBA rules
  • Separate Summer League (and make it arcadey sim) from Pro-Am (and make it sim)
    Win by two/three
  • Penalize chuckers severely
  • Separate cuckers/ballhogs from team-oriented players by EA grading players.

Ultimate Team
phpBB [video]

Rising Star
phpBB [video]

Presentation
phpBB [video]

Playcalling
  • Ability to choose specific plays by player
  • Ability to choose plays by “formation”, example horns.
  • Something similar to the motion offense NCAA Basketball had; ability to choose triangle, 5 out, 4 1, Princeton, etc.
  • Ability to call quick iso, post up,etc

• Match with people with similar ranking/skill/fair play
  • Fair play grades (like PES has)
  • Customizable unranked games with sliders, quarter minutes, etc
  • Ability to play against other with only teams of the same caliber
  • Scouting of opponent
  • Ability to play with offline players against online rival
  • Incentive players to use not so good teams
  • Private lobbies

Editing
  • More specific lineups (second unit, blowout, free throw, physical, etc)
  • Positional order
  • Home/away/alternate accessory colors for players
  • Better face edition for create a player (face scan included)
  • Edit body type/ hairstyle/ facial hair (like PES games)
  • More sliders
  • Create a player (with lots of slots)
  • Complete ability to edit players (ratings, tendencies, age, etc)
  • Create a team
  • Create a play

Miscellaneous
  • NBA tab in the menu with news, standings, stars, highlights
  • ESPN ticker
  • Option to choose team-specific menu (like old Madden games)
  • All Star Weekend
  • FIBA Championship
  • More variety in jerseys from the different teams, it's really lacking compared to 2K or even old Live games like 2005. I think it'd be nice to have several more than now for collecting and using on Ultimate Team and to have some option to use alternatives or retro jerseys as home and away on Dynasty Mode like replacing 90's Suns jerseys for the current ones for example.
  • More instrumental music of songs when the home team is at offense.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Mon May 09, 2016 9:48 am

Great list. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon May 09, 2016 10:30 am

More of this. NBA Live 09

ThaLiveKing

Postby Jalenb_15 on Sat May 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Add Olympic teams & also add classic teams like 2k
Jalenb_15

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 17, 2016 12:59 am

Well, there goes that...

"Hey LIVE fans:

I want to share some important updates on what’s next for NBA LIVE and give you an overview of where we’re going with the franchise over the course of this year.

It’s important that you know that we are committed to NBA LIVE in the console space. While we won’t be shipping a product this Fall, we will be back on the courts with something new and exciting for you to experience in early 2017.

Our focus this year is to deliver an amazing, high-quality basketball game to a global audience. The best way to do that is through the fastest growing, largest, and most accessible gaming platform…mobile. As a team, we’re really excited about taking the franchise to new places with the worldwide release of our mobile game later this year.

More details to follow in the coming months!

Sean O’Brien
Executive Producer, NBA LIVE"

I'm going to be completely blunt and honest here, this isn't right. Lack of talent and resources within the team is the problem. They have the right base, but lack of listening to fans, not giving even the most basic modes, or simple editing features has made sales so bad, that they won't release NBA Live 2017 later this year, and maybe not at all for a console considering they are going to.... Mobile. Instead of competing in the space where they only have ONE other competitor (crazy, just one), they run away from the challenge. This is why I've been saying "No excuses" for a few years now. They have always had the opportunity to compete, but removing great modes and not replacing them, removing parts of gameplay itself that were enjoyed and replacing it with even more herky jerky mechanics...... really? The 8,000 copies sold in the first week is purely 100% EA's fault for not listening to the console/pc basketball video game audience that was CLAMMERING for competition in that space.

it's not like fans turned away from EA, EA turned away from it's fans. This is truly frustrating.

Heres my only hope, another video game company emerges to compete with 2k sports now that EA seems to have officially checked out. Who would that be? No clue. I just think this is kind of a slap in the face to all those people who continued year after year to give EA feedback on how to improve the games, and they did not listen.

One final note, they say they are "committed to the console space", but not putting in the resources to release it against the competitor in a timely manner makes them look weak. Not only that, we have heard this tune before with EA with NBA Elite 11. It kept getting pushed back, delayed, and finally cancelled. Which is why I say that we may not get a console version of Live 17 anyway. And the problem? That's the mindset, we have lost so much trust in EA for producing a quality basketball game (or keeping promises) that we automatically hesitate to trust any statement made.

It might be better for them to drop out of the space all together, because obviously they do not hire the right people to produce a quality product. I remember 989 sports dropped out of the basketball space, why? because they continued to produce the same gameplay in each product each year (and it wasn't very good), so people went with the companies that could change with the times and be innovative (at the time, that WAS EA and 2k).
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue May 17, 2016 2:40 am

Blackberry said they're committed to the hardware device business and they still put out quality phones despite having little market share, but still have the best security in their hardware and software, and people bash the company. Same thing. No way the game gets cancelled. Let's just see what they come with before jumping to conclusions. Who knows, they might have a BETA for those who have purchased NBA Live 16.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 17, 2016 3:31 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:Blackberry said they're committed to the hardware device business and they still put out quality phones despite having little market share, but still have the best security in their hardware and software, and people bash the company. Same thing. No way the game gets cancelled. Let's just see what they come with before jumping to conclusions. Who knows, they might have a BETA for those who have purchased NBA Live 16.

For 6 + years (maybe longer) we have been patient. Frustrated but patient. I'm glad 2k still puts out decent quality basketball games, because atleast we have that. I know what you are saying, but that is besides the point. They have NOT put out a good enough quality basketball game to compete for a long time, that's why we are in the position we are today.

I see your POV of course, hopefully you see mine.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue May 17, 2016 7:00 am

Dee4Three wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:Blackberry said they're committed to the hardware device business and they still put out quality phones despite having little market share, but still have the best security in their hardware and software, and people bash the company. Same thing. No way the game gets cancelled. Let's just see what they come with before jumping to conclusions. Who knows, they might have a BETA for those who have purchased NBA Live 16.

For 6 + years (maybe longer) we have been patient. Frustrated but patient. I'm glad 2k still puts out decent quality basketball games, because atleast we have that. I know what you are saying, but that is besides the point. They have NOT put out a good enough quality basketball game to compete for a long time, that's why we are in the position we are today.

I see your POV of course, hopefully you see mine.

People forget that Live had put in a 3-year plan to develop their game, Live 16 was the end of that plan. Let's see what the case is for 17. When you start from scratch (Live 14) it's not going to take 2 development cycles to achieve greatness. I understand your point because a lot of people feel the same way you do, it's nothing new to be honest. You just have to wait and see what the approach is for Live 17. A part of me doesn't want to believe that this is more of the same, because they've had so much time to improve this game, and they have, but we need more. If Live 16 played like NBA Live 14, then I would be nervous about 17, but it doesn't. If the Live team would give us the tools to edit game play/Ratings etc, then this game game play wise wouldn't be far off from 2K. I play both games and can see Live is slowly catching up to 2K game play wise. It's the modes, depth of modes that's been the main issue.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Tue May 17, 2016 9:44 am

Just a reminder, we do have a thread for discussing the announcement and possible future of the series. Let's keep this thread focused on Wishlist feedback.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Tue May 17, 2016 11:18 am

I guess control suggestions can be part of the wishlist right? If so here are some ideas to have deeper controls for Live (17?)

Ermolli wrote:Offensive Controls

Basic
L1 - Postup / Modifier
R3 - Playcalling
Touch Screen - Timeout
Hold Touch Screen - 20 Second Timeout
Triangle + Left Stick Up/Left/Right - Pro Hop
Double Triangle + Left Stick Left/Right - Eurostep
Hold O + Hold L2 - Handoff and Screen

Passing
Double X - Bounce Pass
Hold X - Lead Pass
O - Lob
Double O - Alley-oop
Hold R1 + Receiver button - Off-ball Switch
Hold R1 + Hold Receiver button - Direct Pass Receiver Control

Shooting
L1 + Square - Bank Shot (when stationary)
L1 + Square - Floater (when moving)
L1 + L2 + Square - Flashy Dunk
Double Square + Left Stick up/down/left/right - Adjust shot

Dribbling
Hold Right Stick Down - Retreat
Quarter Circle - Half-spin
Right Stick Left/Right-Down - Between the Legs
Hold Right Stick Up/Left/Right - Sizeup
L1 + Right stick Up/Left/Right - Signature Dribbling

Post Offense
Hold Right Stick - Drive
Quarter Circle - Spin
Left Stick Left/Right + Triangle - Drop Step
Left Stick Left/Right-Up + Square - Left/Right Hook Shot
Left Stick Left/Right-Down + Square - Left/Right Fadeaway

Rebounding
O - Tip back

Playcalling
R3 - Quick Play
R3 + Right stick - Play Wheel
R3 + Triangle/Square/X/O - Player Specific Plays

Defensive Controls
O - Show/Fake Double Team
L2 - Defensive Stance
Hold L1 + Hold L2 - Crowd Ballhandler
L1 + Hold Right Stick Left/Right - Change Body Positioning
Right Stick - Hands Up / Deny Passing Lanes / Arm Control
L1 + Right Stick Left/Right - Defensive Slide
L1 + Right Stick Left/Right - Defensive Hop
L1 + Triangle - Jump Straight Up
L2 + Triangle - Aggressive Block
Hold R2 + Right Stick Up - Closeout Shooter
L1 + Hold L2 - Front Post Player
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Tue May 17, 2016 11:36 am

Definitely Wishlist material. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu May 19, 2016 7:49 am

I BEEN BEGGING FOR THIS IN LIVE, AND ITS IN MADDEN 17. They're in the same building, please show them how to do it LOL

Speed Modifier – Speed Moves are short, quick moves that can be pulled off at full speed while not veering off the path the ball carrier is currently on. These moves are performed while holding or pressing R2/RT (Accel Burst) + the corresponding special-move button. Again, the quality of the move is based on the player’s ratings with all new animations. Users will now have to perfect the skill of laying off the gas pedal on RT/R2 and mix in changing up speeds when running the ball. Speed moves carry the lowest risk for stamina, fumble and injury and can fakeout one defender at a time.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Thu May 19, 2016 9:40 am

I'd love to have something like that, too. As long as it's properly balanced and can't be easily exploited, it'd be a way to represent the explosiveness of the quickest players and most effective slashers in the league.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18