Shady Mike's NBA 2K16 Superstar MyLeague Sliders VERSION 5 (FINAL EDITION)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K16 Superstar MyLeague Sliders VERSION 4 (CPU OFFENSE BOOST)

Postby Andrew on Sun May 01, 2016 5:36 pm

There shouldn't be any difference between the two versions, as it's the same engine, the same game ported to PC.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K16 Superstar MyLeague Sliders VERSION 4 (CPU OFFENSE BOOST)

Postby Sleeper12 on Sun May 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Do you guys prefer 45 or 48 for game speed? Thanks
Sleeper12

Postby Vicerex on Mon May 02, 2016 1:04 am

Sleeper12 wrote:Do you guys prefer 45 or 48 for game speed? Thanks

I use 45
Vicerex

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon May 02, 2016 1:50 am

I use 50
I Hate Mondays

Postby tomortlieb on Mon May 02, 2016 5:51 am

Turn up defensive awareness to 75-100 (large range - whatever you are comfortable with). IMO, this makes it much more difficult to exploit the defense.
tomortlieb

Postby Vicerex on Mon May 02, 2016 11:37 am

tomortlieb wrote:Turn up defensive awareness to 75-100 (large range - whatever you are comfortable with). IMO, this makes it much more difficult to exploit the defense.

Thank you so much for this suggestion, I turned it up to 80 and actually lost. This was the first time in a very long time that I had a game challenge me from start to finish, ended very close but I couldn't pull it off in the last 2 minutes.
Vicerex

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon May 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Shady what roster were you using again ? Can you share it in game ?

Edit: Finally tried your new sliders with the default 2K roster. It looks amazing man. I did get a realistic number of attempts from midrange, 3PT and inside shots. They AI drives to the basket now and those drives are very smart. Nothing to complain about, the new update is a huge step forward
I Hate Mondays

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed May 04, 2016 4:15 am

@I Hate Mondays Ive been away from my PC for a while so I tested these with the default rosters!

@Tomortlieb I will also try this out! But my problem was with high defensive awareness the CPU defense was intercepting every pass on the P&R

@Andrew Believe it or not, for the past few years I've noticed a very strange difference in pace not only from the PS4 to the PC version, but also I've noticed slight differences in feedback from international versions of the game! Can't confirm it because I can't test it, but I definitely wouldn't rule it out!

@Vicerex, keep me posted on how that DEF AWR tweak turns out for you....really no answers for the rebounding issue tbh because I'm struggling to get 10 ORB a game....(Do you manually rebound?)
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed May 04, 2016 5:16 am

@I Hate Mondays Ive been away from my PC for a while so I tested these with the default rosters!

Allrighty. If you ever have the chance to develop a custom roster, please share it mr Shady. I have a good feeling you would be very good in the roster department also.
I Hate Mondays

Postby dreamagain on Thu May 05, 2016 6:46 am

Does anyone know why with 48/47 pass accuracy there's still some balls that just go flying to the other side of the court even on simple uncontested inbounds after a made shot? Is there another slider that impacts this? It's so weird..

Also one other thing is there any setting to make the AI not dribble the ball off their feet all the time when any contact happens or is that just 2k being 2k? It's so frustrating seeing someone like Kyrie being bumped then he just turns the ball over.
dreamagain

Postby Vicerex on Thu May 05, 2016 11:57 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:@Vicerex, keep me posted on how that DEF AWR tweak turns out for you....really no answers for the rebounding issue tbh because I'm struggling to get 10 ORB a game....(Do you manually rebound?)

I've turned Def Awareness up to 100, I'm noticeably not scoring as easily. This has caused a few more turnovers on my part which I love, previously I was only averaging around 6 or 7 turnovers a game. Due to more turnovers I've raised ball handling, passing and hands back up to the values you have on this slider set (I had previously lowered them in an attempt to cause more turnovers for myself but it didn't work as well as raising the Def AWR).

Also my shooting percentages have lowered from 50-54 to 44-48 by raising Def AWR, my 3pt percentage has lowered from 42-45 to 36-40. I think this is due to them playing me much closer on defense, thus the contested shot slider of 30 kicks in a lot more. Regardless I still have lowered all shooting sliders down by 2 from your slider set, I lowered 3pt by 3 though because my 3pt % was off the charts. (Inside 18, Close 33, Mid 43, 3pt 44)

Now even though I was scoring less and at lower percentages I still had the issue of my defense being too good, the CPU struggled to score against me, so I raised their Offensive AWR to 75. They now score much more fluid and often and can keep up with me score-wise. Because of this I'm now having close competitive games and it's fun to play again. I was getting to the point I was about to quit because the game had become too easy.

I'm now in the NBA Finals in MyLeague and we're tied 1-1 and both games came down to the last few minutes, in fact game 2 went into overtime. I don't think I've had an overtime game in literally months. It was intense! But I did lose. haha

To answer your question, I do not manually offensive rebound, I do manually defensive rebound a lot though. Between Alex Len & Kristaps Porzingis I have two giants in the post and they get a ton of rebounds, I've lowered both offensive and defensive rebounds by 2 and I've lowered blocks by 3 and I still get too many rebounds and blocks for my preference. Both Len & Zinger average almost 3 BPG and that's a full 82 game season average. They also both average around 9 RPG during the season. Which individually doesn't sound like a ton but when you combine it that's 18 RPG from just two guys, then I have Marvin Williams on the wing who's a hybrid SF/PF and gets 6-7 RPG as well.

In the end, I'm now pretty satisfied with the CPU offense & defense, but I'm still working on the rebounding issue.
Vicerex

Postby dc2315 on Thu May 12, 2016 6:23 pm

Hey Shadymike or anyone for that matter could you answer this question for me please. Do you guys call auto play from the coach settings or do you just freelance every possession? I'm trying to play the most sim like game
dc2315

Postby Andrew on Thu May 12, 2016 6:58 pm

I'd say that frequently calling plays - even if it's the Smart Play option - is the most sim approach.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ltownsing on Sat May 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi i am playing my league cpu vs cpu on superstar and they are only getting 10 turnovers a game what do i need to do?
ltownsing

Postby t-work on Sun May 15, 2016 2:07 pm

I just tried this out. The one problem I had with it was that my team threw it away a handful of times on a simple handoff pass and even a time or two inbounding the ball. Overall, though, I really like the sliders.
t-work

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun May 15, 2016 7:46 pm

t-workTV wrote:I just tried this out. The one problem I had with it was that my team threw it away a handful of times on a simple handoff pass and even a time or two inbounding the ball. Overall, though, I really like the sliders.

You either have those little brain errors by your players or you have accurate passes all the way. It's a pick your poison type of situation, nothing in between
I Hate Mondays

Postby t-work on Mon May 16, 2016 1:46 am

I hate Mondays wrote:You either have those little brain errors by your players or you have accurate passes all the way. It's a pick your poison type of situation, nothing in between

I'll save myself the frustration and leave it at the default 50. It is a video game after all.
t-work

Postby Nick on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:38 pm

Hey Shady Mike, sorry if this has been asked before... have these been tested for Cpu vs Cpu?
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby ltownsing on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:55 pm

hey shady mike, i was looking over stats for a cavs vs bucks game which was cpu vs cpu and both the greek Freek and Lebron only had 3 rebounds each what do i need to change in fix this??
ltownsing

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:07 pm

Nick wrote:Hey Shady Mike, sorry if this has been asked before... have these been tested for Cpu vs Cpu?

It might take a while befor mr Shady responds. His sliders are based on Human Vs. CPU but I am personally using his sliders for CPU vs CPU (12 quarters, Superstar) and the numbers are great.
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Hate Mondays

Postby ltownsing on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Does anyone know what difficulty is the best for making the stats for realistic?
ltownsing

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:17 pm

ltownsing wrote:Does anyone know what difficulty is the best for making the stats for realistic?

If you are new to the game, All-Star will do fine. Once you feel like you know all the little tricks and tips to win any game on All-Star, switch to Superstar. It is the best difficulty. Never try the HoF, it's realistic as a Star Trek movie.
I Hate Mondays

Postby ltownsing on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:18 am

I hate Mondays wrote:
Nick wrote:Hey Shady Mike, sorry if this has been asked before... have these been tested for Cpu vs Cpu?

It might take a while befor mr Shady responds. His sliders are based on Human Vs. CPU but I am personally using his sliders for CPU vs CPU (12 quarters, Superstar) and the numbers are great.

But don't you find the games are close never a blow out.
Because today i played sixers vs warriors cpu vs cpu and there was 2 point differential
ltownsing

Postby ltownsing on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:37 am

when u are playing cpu vs cpu do u just use the cpu sliders because mine don't seem realistic
ltownsing

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:02 pm

ltownsing wrote:when u are playing cpu vs cpu do u just use the cpu sliders because mine don't seem realistic

Sorry for not responding faster. I can't remember if I ever saw a blowout with this sliders when watching a cpu vs cpu, maybe because I have never tested games like you did (Bad team vs. top 3 team). I think blowouts are possible. It really depends on the two teams. Maybe the 76ers can't be blown out by the warriors for some analytic hidden reason. Maybe other teams will be blown out when you least expect it. Test furthermore and keep us updated if you please.
I Hate Mondays

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16