Animation Patch: Seushiro Elite V April 10, 2024 updates released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Last Update Before New research! Crossover fixed!

Postby soultwig on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:57 pm

chirobee wrote:we have the same thing about the pass .. my career average now 3.9 TO since using this .. lol . what should i change for that?? aside from that everything is fine for me .. love those crossover then a poster dunk .. (Y) (Y) (Y) :lol: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Hopefully they can fix the sliders next few updates anyway its nice to get that poster dunk right after a crossover that actually works and savor that moment.
Edit: Has anyone done this in game without causing a turnover in 2k14 since it was really easy in 2k13.
phpBB [video]
soultwig

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:06 am

First, wow.... Amazing job. In my opinion, this (along with the UBR and URB) is the most important mod out there. I have logged over 6000 hours on this game since 2014 (with no regrets), and your changes certainly made a difference. The dribbling speeds and quick first step certainly help. A couple suggestions....

1. I totally, 100% agree with the people who posted about that horrible layup/scoop animation (The one Robinson is doing in the video above), and that horrible reverse layup animation. If you can replace those, that would be amazing!

2. You have done a great job with the dribble animations/speed, what is your next idea to improve that aspect? I know signature animations are out of the question, but I wonder if there is anything we can do to differentiate certain players?

3. One of the things I actually DO like about NBA 2k16 is the ability to choose to go for a dunk when you are directly under the hoop with a player (who is capable of dunking). In 2k16, if I am using Shaq/Kenyon Martin/David Robinson etc, I can go up for a fierce dunk off of a drop step, or right under the hoop. This is VERY rare in 2k14, and most times a running start is needed. Is there a possible way to add a drop step dunk animation, or replace a standing layup animation with a standing dunk one? Im not sure if I am explaining this right....

4. One really frustrating move in the game (when you are playing another human) is the turning the corner while in the postup position and your defender riding you to the hoop as you dunk it. Yes, it is cool once in awhile, but with certain players it is REALLY easy to do. For example, I can go into the post with most anybody with a high dunk rating, and turn the corner on my defender and throw it down. I play the game on hall of fame with default sliders. I did it 10 times in one half with Shawn Kemp, and I wasn't even doing it as much as I could have. Is there a slider that someone has tried adjusting to limit this from happening? anything you recommend?

Again, I love the work you do (and so does the rest of the community).

Thanks!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:57 pm

However, to add to my note above.

I just played for quite awhile longer. I love the new animations, but the speed is a bit out of control. I am going faster than Russell Westbrook in real life with Hakeem Olajuwon in 96-97. as well as Charles Barkley, and Moses Malone from the 89-90 Hawks lol. I literally, on HOF, was getting dunks ever single trip down floor. I think the edits in the game have made it more realistic in some ways, but the launch (First step) is WAY to overpowering, and the fact that I can do that with slow, late 30 year old centers (I was doing it with Kevin Willis as well), it just ruins the realism of the game.

Heres my take...

1. Slow down the first step and spin moves slightly... Also, a couple of the dunk animations looked WAY to fast. David Robinson did his switching hands dunk and you could barely see him switch hands.. it was nuts.
2. Make the centers (if possible), slower on the first step and spin.... not sure if this is possible. The players I was using did not have high speed or quick ratings... so maybe you can tweak that?

I am trying hard to get my brother to go back to 2k14, with these tweaks... I could do it I think... lol
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby soultwig on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Dee4Three wrote:I literally, on HOF, was getting dunks ever single trip down floor.

1. Slow down the first step and spin moves slightly... Also, a couple of the dunk animations looked WAY to fast. David Robinson did his switching hands dunk and you could barely see him switch hands.. it was nuts.
2. Make the centers (if possible), slower on the first step and spin.... not sure if this is possible. The players I was using did not have high speed or quick ratings... so maybe you can tweak that?

Some of the animations was already slowed down a bit in the last 2 updates, the dunk was intentional because of the 50k frequency and at #2 was probably from the tunedata you can try to use a different tunedata if you're not using the half court shot mod.
Last edited by soultwig on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soultwig

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:41 am

soultwig wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I literally, on HOF, was getting dunks ever single trip down floor.

Some of the animations was already slowed down a bit in the last 2 updates, the dunk was intentional because of the 50k frequency and at #2 was probably from the tunedata you can try to use a different tunedata if you're not using the half court shot mod.
Edit: By the way i would like to know what settings to watch out for when editing your tunedata since i saw some are 0 was that intentional? i am trying to make own slider for personal use. 1st is the dunk frequency and 2nd is the layup for the 40ft any other else to look out for?

Thanks for getting back to me. Honestly, I can tell that some of the bad animations have been removed, and I love the new passing. Everything feels smoother. However, if I have Moses Malone, with a low speed rating, in 89-90, on a switch with say, the 89-90 Michael Jordan, I shouldn't be able to face up and BLOW by him, right now I can. I will mess around with it more when I get home. I just love that someone is putting the time and effort into this project.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Seushiro on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:46 am

I will look further into the speeds but I really rather not touch the drive speeds now as I have a lot more smaller guards with little steps that will be affected. Besides Big Men have their own animations for drives it is just that if they have a high enough rating for Ball Handling they do not use the Big Man animations for drives but the standard blowbys which I edited.

I will take more time off patching as it is over a month and I still have a bad throat and no voice (But I'm pretty sure it is not Throat Cancer, Yet). But I am definitely working on a clean file right now so I would be able to eliminate the bugs that are created. The slight hang came from inserting 2 animation slots into the sig_animations.iff when i wanted to try messing more with the sigtables and removing them when it failed like deleting a row in the rosters. I guess this left some remnants in the file causing the slight freeze.

So I am using a clean / original sig_animations.iff (yep vanilla) as well as the nba_animations.iff so extracting and hex editing the inner files one by one and importing things back.

I might return some Lose, Neutral and Tie scenarios to the post game as the game does not know how to handle some replaced animations for this, but I am leaving the Pull Chair animation out still cause that animation flat out sucks for any post player.
Seushiro

Postby soultwig on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:47 pm

Seushiro wrote:I will look further into the speeds but I really rather not touch the drive speeds now as I have a lot more smaller guards with little steps that will be affected. Besides Big Men have their own animations for drives it is just that if they have a high enough rating for Ball Handling they do not use the Big Man animations for drives but the standard blowbys which I edited.

I will take more time off patching as it is over a month and I still have a bad throat and no voice (But I'm pretty sure it is not Throat Cancer, Yet). But I am definitely working on a clean file right now so I would be able to eliminate the bugs that are created. The slight hang came from inserting 2 animation slots into the sig_animations.iff when i wanted to try messing more with the sigtables and removing them when it failed like deleting a row in the rosters. I guess this left some remnants in the file causing the slight freeze.

So I am using a clean / original sig_animations.iff (yep vanilla) as well as the nba_animations.iff so extracting and hex editing the inner files one by one and importing things back.

I might return some Lose, Neutral and Tie scenarios to the post game as the game does not know how to handle some replaced animations for this, but I am leaving the Pull Chair animation out still cause that animation flat out sucks for any post player.

Its good to know you found out what was causing the freezing.

By the way i would like to know what settings to watch out for when editing your tunedata since i saw some are 0 was that intentional? i am trying to make own slider for personal use. 1st is the dunk frequency and 2nd is the layup for the 40ft any other else to look out for?
soultwig

Postby Seushiro on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:26 pm

soultwig wrote:By the way i would like to know what settings to watch out for when editing your tunedata since i saw some are 0 was that intentional? i am trying to make own slider for personal use. 1st is the dunk frequency and 2nd is the layup for the 40ft any other else to look out for?

Yes they are intentionally 0. I think nbaadik just wanted the score to be low for realism and shots still go in for Collision shots even if 0. I made Mid Shot Tendencies 0 since it has been a mind eater for the CPU and opens up other choices of going for the post, Passing out for the 3, or attacking the rim.

To look out for would be Post Shot Tendency leave at 200. Even if it is 100 Post players + High/Low post move players do not use the backdown as much so this had to be done. I think the Dunk in Traffic Frequency is Exaggerated but I'm sick of the break aways and doing lame layups when you are a high flyer/ power dunker player, I do know that even at 85-100 this won't get CPU Westbrook and the rest to drive and dunk to the hoop for a poster so probably 150-200 would do the Job same with the Post.

That Layup Success for 40ft mod you can play with it. 75 would be the realistic average shooting % and can Still get 3-4 in a row on a good night with misses after but still great success from a far. Something I found out too about the 40 ft shoot Mod and I think it is what the CPU does why release looks off is you can tap shoot again like a layup change and somehow makes the jumpshot more accurate :| So this is something I need to look into moving forward maybe I can take away that change shot option somewhere in the sigtable to fix this by copying data from non changeable layups. I dunno yet don't have much time to edit but just listing all these things I need to do :(

-----------------------------
Hope you are using the updated guide file upto row 125 if you are making the tunedata.
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=100961
Seushiro

Postby Seushiro on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:45 pm

Dee4Three wrote:1. I totally, 100% agree with the people who posted about that horrible layup/scoop animation (The one Robinson is doing in the video above), and that horrible reverse layup animation. If you can replace those, that would be amazing!

These are on my priority list once I make the clean file. I'm sure I can just have a contested jumpshot/layup appear instead of the really bad looking forced shot collision animations.

Dee4Three wrote:2. You have done a great job with the dribble animations/speed, what is your next idea to improve that aspect? I know signature animations are out of the question, but I wonder if there is anything we can do to differentiate certain players?

This is why I modded the Cross overs, Hesitations, and Behind the Backs before since I wanted to create a distinction among players, but I think this is also something I failed to discuss with Med's and other roster makers on how to set which Dribble move goes for a Non-Baller, Average Dribbler, Bigman, Ball Handler, and Extreme handles style baller, thus just reverting all to normal. I made Cross over 2 like the slow one before for Bigmen and Average dribblers but sadly there are a lot of players that use it and some are good Handlers. I think like assigning Signature shots this is something I would need help on and possibly someone to collaborate with in setting dribbles and a Turk file when I do finalize the dribbles again.

Dee4Three wrote:3. One of the things I actually DO like about NBA 2k16 is the ability to choose to go for a dunk when you are directly under the hoop with a player (who is capable of dunking). In 2k16, if I am using Shaq/Kenyon Martin/David Robinson etc, I can go up for a fierce dunk off of a drop step, or right under the hoop. This is VERY rare in 2k14, and most times a running start is needed. Is there a possible way to add a drop step dunk animation, or replace a standing layup animation with a standing dunk one? Im not sure if I am explaining this right....

I can replace a standing layup but remember that would also affect the smaller players that do those layups. Unlike an NBA Live AIACT where we can set a Dunk Package to assign the use. Here we simply can't. So only thing coming out of my mind right now is beefing up the Standing Dunk Ratings of those players and get the under the rim dunk packages to be their main go to dunks.
Seushiro

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Seushiro wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:1. I totally, 100% agree with the people who posted about that horrible layup/scoop animation (The one Robinson is doing in the video above), and that horrible reverse layup animation. If you can replace those, that would be amazing!

These are on my priority list once I make the clean file. I'm sure I can just have a contested jumpshot/layup appear instead of the really bad looking forced shot collision animations.

Dee4Three wrote:2. You have done a great job with the dribble animations/speed, what is your next idea to improve that aspect? I know signature animations are out of the question, but I wonder if there is anything we can do to differentiate certain players?

This is why I modded the Cross overs, Hesitations, and Behind the Backs before since I wanted to create a distinction among players, but I think this is also something I failed to discuss with Med's and other roster makers on how to set which Dribble move goes for a Non-Baller, Average Dribbler, Bigman, Ball Handler, and Extreme handles style baller, thus just reverting all to normal. I made Cross over 2 like the slow one before for Bigmen and Average dribblers but sadly there are a lot of players that use it and some are good Handlers. I think like assigning Signature shots this is something I would need help on and possibly someone to collaborate with in setting dribbles and a Turk file when I do finalize the dribbles again.

Dee4Three wrote:3. One of the things I actually DO like about NBA 2k16 is the ability to choose to go for a dunk when you are directly under the hoop with a player (who is capable of dunking). In 2k16, if I am using Shaq/Kenyon Martin/David Robinson etc, I can go up for a fierce dunk off of a drop step, or right under the hoop. This is VERY rare in 2k14, and most times a running start is needed. Is there a possible way to add a drop step dunk animation, or replace a standing layup animation with a standing dunk one? Im not sure if I am explaining this right....

I can replace a standing layup but remember that would also affect the smaller players that do those layups. Unlike an NBA Live AIACT where we can set a Dunk Package to assign the use. Here we simply can't. So only thing coming out of my mind right now is beefing up the Standing Dunk Ratings of those players and get the under the rim dunk packages to be their main go to dunks.

Awesome detailed responses. Last question.... So I tried the default tunedata, and the tunedata that's in the Non curry 40ft folder. Curious..... whats the big difference in the tunedatas? It seems like when I switched the tunedata to the one in the non curry folder, the first steps for big guys (and really most other guys) were back to default speeds.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Seushiro on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Dee4Three wrote: Last question.... So I tried the default tunedata, and the tunedata that's in the Non curry 40ft folder. Curious..... whats the big difference in the tunedatas? It seems like when I switched the tunedata to the one in the non curry folder, the first steps for big guys (and really most other guys) were back to default speeds.

Well the only change should be the Layup Success in terms of the 40 ft Mod Tune data... but then again I could have used a more edited tunedata for the 40ft Mod compared to the Non 40 ft Mod which I barely touch since it is in a separate folder. But you know they should not be in anyway connected to the drive speeds as it is the animation itself that is speed up and is not slider related.

Sliders would effect the standing dribbles only. For example when I am using Durant on Med's Roster when I dribble and switch hands while standing it is slow and uses the big man animation (Due to Ball handling ratings) but when I push forward it is the same drive speed looks only faster cause bigmen have bigger steps so move a lot more further.

I don't really mind the drive speeds of bigmen cause right now I see that when big men want to drive they can. Shaq in 2000 drove full court to get a dunk that was even a highlight of his career, De Marcus Cousins doing the same driving from half court for a dunk in this weeks' highlights, Duncan not really between the legs but doing switch hand cross overs for the dunk and Porzingis doing cross overs as a launch to attack towards the basket.

In fact I am pissed that even in turbo they do not run as smoothly as they can in real life. In the game even with the animation patch changing the drives and run speeds and ball handling sliders they still don't move as fluid as they should. So in the real world it just shows if they want they could drive since they are pros and I want the game to have that. Even Karl Anthony Towns he won the freaking skills challenge but since he is a Bigman even if I want to do a full court drive and dodge players.....Nope..... Post Moves Performance... well that is another thing but I think the speeds set right now for drives is balanced enough.
Seushiro

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:55 pm

So lets say I don't use the tunedata (Set sliders to default with the tunedata in the game). And I use the other animation files. What am I really missing out on? I just played a full game with the new animations in there, and the launch and better dribbling animations, and it was fantastic. I did not set tunedata to default in the game, so it was just 50 on all the sliders.

The tunedata itself scared me when I DID put it on default, cause there were things like "50000" on one setting, "200" on some others, and a bunch at 0 or at 100. I feel like I am still benefiting from your work without even setting the tunedata to default.

Also, is it just me or is the passing a lot more crisp? im experiencing a lot less glitch turnovers...and even without a change to the sliders the rebounding seems better...

**** I also agree with the poster above about the dunk off the spin move (pun intended with the word poster... that dunk by Wade is awesome). I will say there are sweet dunks off crossovers im able to do. The spin move in general in this game can be kind of weak and while its not as bad as 2k16 (which is a NIGHTMARE), the players lose the ball a little too often.

One thing I like about 2k16 is the ability to do a step back with the shoot button but have the option to keep your dribble. I do not think that's possible to implement in 2k14, and that's fine.

This game is so amazing still...

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby isko on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:49 pm

anyone xperiencing lag when playing when the internet is on?
isko

Postby soultwig on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:56 pm

isko wrote:anyone xperiencing lag when playing when the internet is on?

Here is your answer:
Seishiro wrote:The slight hang came from inserting 2 animation slots into the sig_animations.iff when i wanted to try messing more with the sigtables and removing them when it failed like deleting a row in the rosters. I guess this left some remnants in the file causing the slight freeze.

soultwig

Postby isko on Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:31 pm

soultwig wrote:

Here is your answer:
Seishiro wrote:The slight hang came from inserting 2 animation slots into the sig_animations.iff when i wanted to try messing more with the sigtables and removing them when it failed like deleting a row in the rosters. I guess this left some remnants in the file causing the slight freeze.

is there any fix out yet?
isko

Postby soultwig on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:44 pm

isko wrote:is there any fix out yet?

Probably the next update since he already know what was causing it and Seishiro said that he was gonna do it in a clean file.
soultwig

Postby mlp111 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:07 pm

i addressed this the page back.... way to fix is download his last posted link,
mlp111

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:25 am

Just curious. Is it possible to speed up Kevin Garnett's shot animation? He goes up in slow motion, not realistic at all.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:17 am

oh, and Dirks animation is very slow.... slower than in real life... (Y)

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:16 am

Hope this hasn't died, I love the work you folks have done. You have really added to the fun and realism of the game.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby soultwig on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:37 am

Dee4Three wrote:Hope this hasn't died, I love the work you folks have done. You have really added to the fun and realism of the game.

Its not, you should take it easy for a while there will be an update but not that fast since this actually take a lot of work and dedication.
soultwig

Postby Seushiro on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 am

This is not dead. Progress is just slow with the editing of animations in the clean file. I am also doing a lot more testing for quality before I release.
Seushiro

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:34 am

Okay, no worries. I am patient.

Just a question, because you know the ins and outs of this stuff. Rick Barry... can you get his free throw animation back in the game? It's important in my opinion.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Seushiro on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:20 am

Dee4Three wrote:Okay, no worries. I am patient.

Just a question, because you know the ins and outs of this stuff. Rick Barry... can you get his free throw animation back in the game? It's important in my opinion.

This has been part of this mod for quite a while check Ty Thomas Free throw routine it has been replaced with Rick Barry's Underhanded Free Throw Routine.
Seushiro

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:42 pm

Seushiro wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Okay, no worries. I am patient.

This has been part of this mod for quite a while check Ty Thomas Free throw routine it has been replaced with Rick Barry's Underhanded Free Throw Routine.

Perfect, thanks. Just found it.. didn't think to check his lol

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding