Trump 2016

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Do you support Trump's views?

No
70%
Yes
17%
Undecided
13%

Total votes : 30

Re: Trump 2016

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:31 pm

benji wrote:I had to pay back Jao for making the ESPN March Madness Group.

And the Ben Shapiro video made it essential.

Senpai noticed me! :oops:

Real men watch MAOIST REBEL NEWS, not Ben Shapiro's garbage:

benji, I identify as a gender-fluid, two-spirit, trans-racial, Muslim atheist, other-kin feminist, anti-racist, SJW. Your dichotomy for what constitutes as a "real man" is triggering, do not assert that you know what is, and what isn't a substantive trove of information for a "man" (such a binary word, tsk tsk) to absorb. I bet you're a CIS gender straight white male. Check your privilege!

Okay, I tried hard. :wink: . . . . I stole it from here:

phpBB [video]

Sometimes I can't tell if you legitimately mean what you say, or are just jabbing. Maybe I need to pay attention to the forum activity more. :?

Shapiro wasn't the reason that video was posted (although, I do appreciate his perspectives, along with a number of other individuals who bear "conservative" on their shoulders), my previous post was supposed to nuance the idea of productive discourse, that Orwell's six rules for writing could help in achieving. There you see two individuals exchanging (in this case, one interviewing, inquiring of the other) ideas, and thoughts. Instead of ripping each others entrails out, which is something that disturbingly seems to be more prevalent today. :lol:

I think I'll be laughed at if I suggest that Trump is actually two-timing the Republican nomination, I mean, I think he may very well be posturing to be nominated only to give it to Clinton, which would cement any under-the-table deals he may have made. I guess I'll prepare the tin foil . . . :lol:
Cpt(K)

Postby benji on Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:54 pm

Cpt(K) wrote:There you see two individuals exchanging (in this case, one interviewing, inquiring of the other) ideas, and thoughts. Instead of ripping each others entrails out, which is something that disturbingly seems to be more prevalent today. :lol:

The irony is that Shapiro argues for the latter course of pure insult as the best form of philosophical debate.

Ben Shapiro wrote:1. Walk Toward the Fire

“The left knows this is war. And they know you are the enemy. You will be castigated. You will get punched. That’s the way it will go because that’s how the left wins: through intimidation and cruelty. You have to take the punch, you have to brush it off. You have to be willing to take the punch.”

2. Hit First

“Don’t take the punch first. Hit first. Hit hard. Hit where it counts. Mike Tyson used to say, “Everybody has a plan ‘til they get punched in the mouth.” That’s exactly correct. But throwing the first punch requires game-planning. Walking through the door, you have one shot – one! – to put someone down for the count from the beginning of a debate. If done properly, any debate on a single topic can be over within the first 30 seconds.”

3. Frame Your Opponent

“I have argued that the left’s entire playbook consists of a single play: characterizing the opposition. It’s incredibly effective. And the only way to get beyond character arguments is to frame your opponent – make it toxic for your opponent to slur you. Then, hopefully, you can move the debate to more substantive territory. This is the vital first step. It is the only first step…There is no way to convince someone that you don’t hate him or her. You can convince him or her, however, that your opposition is a liar and a hater.”

4. Frame the Debate

“It’s important that you neuter those buzzwords quickly, because otherwise you will be arguing against nonsense terms that can be used against you. You can’t argue against empty terms. So don’t accept the premises of their arguments, which are largely buzzword based…It’s important that you neuter those buzzwords quickly, because otherwise you will be arguing against nonsense terms that can be used against you. You can’t argue against empty terms. So don’t accept the premises of their arguments, which are largely buzzword based…As a general matter, the left’s favorite three lines of attack are (1) you’re stupid; (2) you’re mean; (3) you’re corrupt. Sarah Palin is supposedly stupid; Mitt Romney is supposedly mean; Dick Cheney is supposedly corrupt. Take away those lines of attack and watch the discomfort set in.”

http://www.truthrevolt.org/system/files ... y_them.pdf

phpBB [video]

~7:30+ is a perfect example
benji

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:13 pm

benji wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The way things are shaping up with the Republican primaries, it does not look like Trump will get enough delegates to get the automatic nomination

bigh0rt wrote:As I said previously, I don't see the Republican party nominating Trump, as he projects to fall short of the necessary number of delegates needed to get the automatic bid.

Yes, it does. As long as keeps winning, the margin doesn't matter because he wins out.

There are no number of delegates to get an "automatic bid" by either party.

I was referring to a contested convention. Figured easier to refer to automatic/non-automatic for all the non-Americans participating in the thread (seemed to outnumber the Americans, at least in the early going; also I couldn't remember the name for it off the top of my head and couldn't be bothered to look it up until just now). I do not think he will get to the 1,237 necessary delegates (again, this is just based off of projections for delegates that I have read, which is fluid, especially as candidates drop out of the race). Though he's certainly in a commanding lead regardless. It will be interesting, though, to see if the party chooses to, for lack of a better word, screw him, and choose somebody else, should he not get to 1,237.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:48 pm

Most delegates are bound, candidates dropping out doesn't change anything until they're released at the convention.

Currently Trump is on target for ~1290 delegates. For Trump to fall short Cruz has to overtake him. Cruz can't win, but that's how Trump would be denied his majority. And even if he falls short but is clearly close, the party would be insane to deny him going over via unbound/unpledged.

And all that requires Kasich to drop out. Which he's said he won't do because he thinks he's on track for a victory.

And the party to decide to back Cruz, who they hate personally. And does even worse in a general.

Denying both Trump and Cruz at the convention is even more insane, the mass of GOP voters will simply stay home. Which will blow up downticket far more than Trump as the candidate.
benji

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:12 am

benji wrote:The irony is that Shapiro argues for the latter course of pure insult as the best form of philosophical debate.

Yeah, there's some cognitive dissonance present, which is besides the point. I mean, there's no suggesting Shapiro, or anyone can perfectly practice a civil discussion. Effort matters a little more than the record in this regard. Fortunately as per the video, those rules Shapiro outlined, are not always used -- even when (as the interview shows) encountering someone opposite of the political aisle. I would contend the premise of those rules from Shapiro is essentially a "they say, I say," where the perpetrator of the ad hominem is returned the measure of their language, with a little substance for balance (mustn't go all barbarous with the language, what's the use of discussion then).

More irony is that, if I remember correctly, Shapiro, or someone else in the conservative tent, concede that "pure insult" is a stratagem exclusively honed and utilized by the left. Meaning, not to use it, because of the margin of experience. I wouldn't agree Shapiro calls for the hurling, of "pure insult" although to a degree insults are used. I think, a play on "don't argue with a fool, less he drags you down and beats you with experience." Definitely, a less than flattering, or neutral tone to take when trying to determine how to conduct a discussion. However, at the very least Shapiro maintains, the ultimate goal is to (win, and) convey the substance to be had with discussion. Rather than exemplify the definition of sanctimonious to each other. "Oh, you say that? Well, only a [insert here] believes that!" A practice that overwhelms every side, albeit with varying degrees of barbarous behavior. Incidentally, Orwell's sixth rule of writing.
Cpt(K)

Postby benji on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:10 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalkening

http://emorywheel.com/emory-students-ex ... chalkings/
“I’m supposed to feel comfortable and safe [here],” one student said. “But this man [Trump] is being supported by students on our campus and our administration shows that they, by their silence, support it as well . . . I don’t deserve to feel afraid at my school,” she added.

“What do we have to do for you to listen to us?” students asked Wagner directly, to which he asked, “What actions should I take?” One student asked if Emory would send out a University-wide email to “decry the support for this fascist, racist candidate” to which Wagner replied, “No, we will not.” One student clarified that “the University doesn’t have to say they don’t support Trump, but just to acknowledge that there are students on this campus who feel this way about what’s happening . . . to acknowledge all of us here.”
benji

Postby benji on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:12 am

Donald J. Trump ✔ ‎@realDonaldTrump
Wisconsin has suffered a great loss of jobs and trade, but if I win, all of the bad things happening in the U.S. will be rapidly reversed!
7:15 AM - 2 Apr 2016

Donald Trump has been taking heat for saying that he plans to pay off the entire $19 trillion national debt in eight years while at the same time promising a massive tax cut that would cost $12 trillion and calling for budget-busting spending programs.

Trump told radio host Joe Pags over the weekend that he will do this by putting the squeeze on Japan and appointing “great people” to cut the budget of each federal department “2 or 3 percent.” Such a plan, Trump said, would be “very easy” to pull off.

“It’s possible that if Japan doesn’t want to pay up, we’ll say, ‘Good luck and defend yourself,’” he said. “If that means they’re going to have to arm in some way, they’re going to have to arm in some way. We can’t afford to — we’re paying for the military of Japan. And every time this maniac in North Korea — and it’s a bigger problem for them than it is for us, frankly — every time this maniac in North Korea raises his head, we start doubling up. At one point do people take care of us? We’re a debtor nation. Our country is falling apart. Our infrastructure is dying. We owe all of those trillions of dollars. $19, it’s going to be $21 very soon with that stupid budget that was just passed three months ago, the omnibus budget, at what point do we say, ‘Enough, enough’?”

He predicted that the Japanese government would eventually acquiesce to President Trump’s demand to “pay much more money” for military protection and that Saudi Arabia would also pay up: “They don’t like us so much and you know what, with me, they’re going to like us and they’re going to pay more and they’re going to be very happy, okay?

Warning that companies are outsourcing all of America’s jobs, Trump said that “we’re not going to have anything left and I know how to stop it in two seconds.”

“I know how to fix it, so easy, that aspect of it,” Trump continued. “And even, you know, the nuclear. I am doing so good on nuclear by people that are fair. What’s happening now is we’re paying for the world’s — we’re like the world’s policeman but they don’t pay us for it. We lose a fortune on the military. You know, our military budget is phenomenally higher than any other budget but it’s not for us, we’re protecting everybody else and we lose a fortune. Frankly, Joe, we lose a fortune on everything we do and we have to make our country strong financially again and if we don’t do that we’re never going to have a strong country again. And I’ll save Social Security. I’ll save things that everyone else says can’t be saved because I’ll bring back all of this money that we’re wasting on other countries.

We’re going to have a country like you wouldn’t believe,” he said.

The Joel Anthony of Presidential Candidates
benji

Postby NovU on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:55 am

Trump's been unfairly vilified by media and through social network partly because he supports his own campaign unlike rest of candidates who are funded heavily by corps.

Reasons for his popularity is quite simple. Unlike rest of candidates, what he says makes a lot of sense to americans (though this is not the case if you hear about him only through medias and social network). He dares to talk about things that are never talked about between politicians such as bringing manufacturing industry back. How great would it sound to you americans if apple factories actually resided in the states. Also a lot of americans are tired of illegals coming over to America and causing all sorts of trouble at all levels in society. Wouldn't it sound nice to you if someone said he'd actually enforce the law so illegals can't come to your neighborhood as easily as now? Donald also talks about befriending China and Russia which is unprecedented as recent history depict them as hardcore enemies to a point where people are worried about ww3. Political correctness is what has infuriated americans and Donald condemns it. He's a fresh air to them.

Could he be lying? Ofc. But we know all other candidates are, especially given their track record. But the difference is Donald has never been a lying politician and people are tired of politicians and their lies.

At the end of the day he's gaining popularity because he's looking like lesser evil to rest of bought out politicians.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Axel on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:12 am

NovU wrote:Trump's been unfairly vilified by media and through social network partly because he supports his own campaign unlike rest of candidates who are funded heavily by corps.

Anytime one person can draw the ire of all corporate media he's doing something right.

At the end of the day he's gaining popularity because he's looking like lesser evil to rest of bought out politicians.

He has certainly been emphasizing his self funded campaign more and more as of late. I think it's definitely his calling card right now, and he has a great understanding of the discontent in America. Unfortunately there are many people still brainwashed by the propaganda they see on TV, and this election cycle has really brought it out.
Axel

Postby benji on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:03 pm

NovU wrote:He dares to talk about things that are never talked about between politicians such as bringing manufacturing industry back. How great would it sound to you americans if apple factories actually resided in the states.

I think Americans prefer $600 iPhones to $60,000 iPhones.

Also a lot of americans are tired of illegals coming over to America

Lots of people are xenophobic and fear those who look and sound different from them, see: modern Europe, history of humanity, etc.

But the difference is Donald has never been a lying politician

Except for the last year.

Wouldn't it sound nice to you if someone said he'd actually enforce the law so illegals can't come to your neighborhood as easily as now?

No, because this belies a lack of knowledge about immigration law and also natural rights.
benji

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:16 pm

benji wrote:The Joel Anthony of Presidential Candidates

I am now a believer.

Make America great again, Americans.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:33 am

Interesting article. What Trump has wrought.
http://buchanan.org/blog/what-trump-has-wrought-125088
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:13 pm

phpBB [video]
benji

Postby NovU on Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:51 pm

LOL wtf happened in Colorado. Gotta luv american democrapcy.

Meanwhile in DC, 400+ arrested from huge group of protesters crying for fair election while no big media gave shit.

Man, is this a circus? Entire world is watching and I bet outsiders know more about shit going on in states more than avg americans. :lol:
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:56 pm

NovU wrote:LOL wtf happened in Colorado. Gotta luv american democrapcy.

Man, is this a circus? Entire world is watching and I bet outsiders know more about shit going on in states more than avg americans. :lol:

See this is the part where you look like an arrogant foreigner because you don't understand that the primaries are the internal decision making process of a corporation and aren't nor are meant to be anything resembling a democratic election.

It has far more in common with your closed door party leadership elections than it does with either your or our general elections.

It's just vastly more public.

And democratic.

And paid for by the taxpayers.

And allows those outside the party to register a meaningless polling selection.
benji

Postby JaoSming on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:44 am

But will it change in 4 years?

phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby NovU on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:51 am

benji wrote:because avg americans don't understand that the primaries are the internal decision making process of a corporation and aren't nor are meant to be anything resembling a democratic election.

Fixed.

This will probably kill off GOP in Colorado tho. I actually feel some sympathy for naive outsider Donny. Canadien Cruz is too awesome at this game!
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Axel on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:18 am

Latest CBS & Fox New polls have Trump with an 18 and 13 point lead nationally.

Obviously the rules were transparent in Colorado, so Trump should have known. That said, some Trump delegates have claimed they were't able to vote.

phpBB [video]
Axel

Postby bowdown on Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:36 pm

Trump is selling his presidential bid like he sells everything else. "Its the best in the whole world. Trust me, you'll love it."
bowdown

Postby NovU on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:55 pm

You guys realize what is really fun about this entire shenanigans? Whether or not on purpose, TrumpSanders are exposing a lot of people and pushing their button. First and foremost, now Americans know their voting system is rigged and their votes dont really count for jack except to serve as illusion of choice and freedom. Secondly, two parties dems and Republicans serve same interest so it doesn't matter which party wins. Neither GOP nor Democrats cares ltitle about winning. party system is a disguise and SandersTrump prolly by accident have exposed only 2 party exists are neocon and neoliberals.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:59 pm

The internal decision making process of two corporations is not an election. It's no different in other countries.
benji

Postby Axel on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:35 am

benji wrote:The internal decision making process of two corporations is not an election. It's no different in other countries.

So do you think Cruz will take most/all the 57 unpledged delegates in PA even if Trump wins by 15-20%?
Axel

Postby benji on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:17 am

Trump is like Hillary08, no idea how delegates are allocated or what any of the rules are, intends to coast by the lesser challengers.

Cruz is more like Obama08/Paul12, lots of true believers willing to go to all the shitty process meetings and so on to pull away those small clumps of delegates that add up. Only his money and resources are closer to Obama than Ron.
benji

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:21 am

I was fortunate enough to attend both the Bernie Sanders rally at Marist College, and the Donald Trump rally at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center, both in Poughkeepsie, NY, last week. Very interesting scenes, indeed, both of them. Very different, but in a lot of ways similar as well. The candidates just say the same stuff they say on TV, so the real show is in the people watching of others who attend and are head over heels into this thing. Some real lunatics in this town. People I probably walk by in the grocery store and don't think twice about. On both sides. :shock:
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:01 am

During a telephone interview with "Fox & Friends," Trump was asked about a tweet from Lena Dunham on Monday in which she vowed to leave the U.S. for Vancouver if he is elected president.

Trump's response: "Well, she's a B-actor. You know, she has no — you know, no mojo."

"I heard Whoopi Goldberg too. That would be a great thing for our country," Trump said, as the show flashed a graphic of celebrities who it said would leave the U.S. for Canada, including Dunham, Jon Stewart, and Rosie O'Donnell, with whom the Manhattan real-estate mogul has feuded for years.

When co-host Steve Doocy pointed out that O'Donnell's name on the list, Trump remarked, "Now I have to get elected."

"Now I have to get elected because I'll be doing a great service to our country," he said. "Now it's much more important. In fact, I'll immediately get off this call and start campaigning right now."
benji

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic