Shady Mike's NBA 2K16 Superstar MyLeague Sliders VERSION 5 (FINAL EDITION)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K16 Superstar MyLeague Sliders VERSION 3 (GSW FIX)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:52 am

Well he replied to our comments saying :
Great! I'll get on it for the next one!

So probably the next time he will do a NBA 2k16 CPU vs CPU simulation, your name will be heard at the start of the video, coach nick is gonna give you some credit and suggest everybody on his channel to try your stuff, etc. It's about time now :D

As I am checking my subscription page on youtube daily, I will post the video here as soon as I spot it. If you want to check the comments yourself, the comments are on the last video posted by coach Nick ( Cavs vs Raptors preview).

Also, can't wait for the new updates you are talking about. You seriously are taking this to perfection.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:49 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Dude seriously I appreciate the love man. NLSC has been crazy with the support this year, after getting banned from OS I didn't know what I was going to do or where I was going to post my sliders but I'm just glad it worked out the way it did!

People who love basketball games and want to help out their fellow basketball gamers are always welcome around these parts, so appreciate you getting involved in our community. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:33 am

Andrew wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Dude seriously I appreciate the love man. NLSC has been crazy with the support this year, after getting banned from OS I didn't know what I was going to do or where I was going to post my sliders but I'm just glad it worked out the way it did!

People who love basketball games and want to help out their fellow basketball gamers are always welcome around these parts, so appreciate you getting involved in our community. :)

Much Love man...

Guys I posted a video talking about last nights game on my channel if you wanted to check it out...this was a flat out generational performance by Steph Curry IMO so much so that in my opinion I think he's gone past the realm of video game basketball.

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:59 am

I absolutely agree with you. He can't get any better in the game, yet real life Curry plays better than the video game Curry. Mike from 2K said that they are already trying to figure a way out to "let Stepth be Steph", but in 2k17. In 2k16, Curry can't be replicated, period.
I Hate Mondays

Postby StyxTx on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:44 am

Lol. You must have made 1 negative remark about the game. They will ban people in a heartbeat. I guess they think they are the only forum out there. I'm among those banned folks. :D
StyxTx

Postby Rosque on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:21 am

Hey man. I love your sliders.

I have few questions tho

I am playing smart bball and using my players to their best abilities (not using Hibbert to hedge on screen, only using Kobe in high/low post and running the pnr with my guards) but I'm first with LAL in my conference. What should I change to make it more challenging? I mean the games are close but I shouldn't win that many games with such a shit squad

Also, do you plan on updating sliders as shooting success was altered yesterday?
Rosque

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:04 pm

Rosque wrote:Hey man. I love your sliders.

I have few questions tho

I am playing smart bball and using my players to their best abilities (not using Hibbert to hedge on screen, only using Kobe in high/low post and running the pnr with my guards) but I'm first with LAL in my conference. What should I change to make it more challenging? I mean the games are close but I shouldn't win that many games with such a shit squad

Also, do you plan on updating sliders as shooting success was altered yesterday?

My bad, what changes were made to the shot success? I didn't see the changes can you link me to them?

You know your answer may be in your reply. You play smart basketall, the real Lakers don't lol. You know one thing about this set is I really (truly) didn't make it to be difficult. My main goal was simply to make the ratings match up with what happens on the court, If a guy has an 85 Mid, he should make that mid range shot most of the time... now a lot of the guys on the Lakers actually take REALLY bad / contested shots, so when I'm playing with the Lakers yes I'm going to try and take 7-10 deep 3's with Kobe, I'm going to take moving mid-range shots with Lou Williams, contested shots with Swaggy P etc...again not playing to lose, but trying to play to their realistic tendencies...now as for actually making the game more difficult just look at what shots you are making too much, if it's too easy to score inside drop the layup rating / contact shot rating if you are hitting too many mid or 3pt shots then drop whichever one is giving you trouble. And if it's still too hard then bump it up to Hall Of Fame. As a last ditch effort feel free to bump the Offensive consistency of the CPY, but beware that heavily effects the rubberband AI

I think the set is a really good base, some people love them just as they are but sometimes you gotta make a few changes to fit your style!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Mr Shady, I am really bad at getting defensive rebounds or do I really have to work for those? The CPU kills me with its offensive rebounds most of the time. Yet, I wouldn't touch your sliders since I consider them almost perfect. Any tips ? Last game I was GSW vs OKC two days ago. CPU had 50 something rebounds over my 27. Of those 50 something rebounds, 21 were offensive
I Hate Mondays

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:46 pm

I hate Mondays wrote:Mr Shady, I am really bad at getting defensive rebounds or do I really have to work for those? The CPU kills me with its offensive rebounds most of the time. Yet, I wouldn't touch your sliders since I consider them almost perfect. Any tips ? Last game I was GSW vs OKC two days ago. CPU had 50 something rebounds over my 27. Of those 50 something rebounds, 21 were offensive

IRONICALLY. I was testing the same exact game, and unfortunately I got nothing for you. Been saying it about 3 years now, Offensive rebounding is broken, certain sets are specifically just overpowered for offensive boards but if you globally adjust it, everybody sucks...I'd argue OKC's and Philly's may be the worst...what you could do is dynamically adjust sliders for certain teams that you remember their set is overpowered, but I understand nobody really wants to do that :/
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:21 pm

That's the only drawback to the 2K series, is offensive rebounding. I don't care how you try to block out, the other team gets at least 3 or 4 on one possession.
Uncle Drew

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:That's the only drawback to the 2K series, is offensive rebounding. I don't care how you try to block out, the other team gets at least 3 or 4 on one possession.

Playing a game now and JR Smith has 2 at the half I may drop it by like 5 in the next update we'll see, but I definitely feel you guys, I feel you 100%.

EDIT: One more thing, how do you guys feel about speed differential and separation vs the CPU on fast breaks?
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Kyrie just did this off the dribble....My lawwd! I know i was playing off him but DAYUM!

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 am

EDIT: One more thing, how do you guys feel about speed differential and separation vs the CPU on fast breaks?

I see nothing wrong with it the way it is now. Not only during fast breaks; if for some reason I get in the situation to be isolated with a small skilled guy vs a big man, 2 crossovers are enough to get past him, exactly how it happens in real life
I Hate Mondays

Postby Rosque on Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:01 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
Rosque wrote:Hey man. I love your sliders.

I have few questions tho

My bad, what changes were made to the shot success? I didn't see the changes can you link me to them?

You know your answer may be in your reply. You play smart basketall, the real Lakers don't lol. You know one thing about this set is I really (truly) didn't make it to be difficult. My main goal was simply to make the ratings match up with what happens on the court, If a guy has an 85 Mid, he should make that mid range shot most of the time... now a lot of the guys on the Lakers actually take REALLY bad / contested shots, so when I'm playing with the Lakers yes I'm going to try and take 7-10 deep 3's with Kobe, I'm going to take moving mid-range shots with Lou Williams, contested shots with Swaggy P etc...again not playing to lose, but trying to play to their realistic tendencies...now as for actually making the game more difficult just look at what shots you are making too much, if it's too easy to score inside drop the layup rating / contact shot rating if you are hitting too many mid or 3pt shots then drop whichever one is giving you trouble. And if it's still too hard then bump it up to Hall Of Fame. As a last ditch effort feel free to bump the Offensive consistency of the CPY, but beware that heavily effects the rubberband AI

I think the set is a really good base, some people love them just as they are but sometimes you gotta make a few changes to fit your style!

https://twitter.com/LD2K/status/703630848755572736 I saw this and concluded that they made some changes

The shots in half court are good percentage. But I have Iggy, Young, DAR, Clarskon, Randle and all of the can run the floor and are deadly in the open court. And because of that my team is having the highest FG% and third highest 3pt% because I don't chuck the ball from three (21.6 3PA and 37.5%). I have 6th most AST/game as a team. Also least amount of steals (how do I improve this both gameplay wise and with sliders? I don't want to artificially boost my steals) but also most block (helps having Hibbert with 2.8 per game in only 23 minutes). Also least amount of fouls per game turnovers per game, but not by unrealistic amount - both by 0.6 points. But I am first in PIP by far with 49 per game. This is where my running and gunny comes in play.

Team shooting %.
Rosque

Postby ltownsing on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:45 pm

How half court shot never go in
ltownsing

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:41 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:That's the only drawback to the 2K series, is offensive rebounding. I don't care how you try to block out, the other team gets at least 3 or 4 on one possession.

Playing a game now and JR Smith has 2 at the half I may drop it by like 5 in the next update we'll see, but I definitely feel you guys, I feel you 100%.

I really don't see a difference in speed differential, however, others might. I hope you do edit offensive rebounding in the next update, maybe it will help, but something tells me it's written in the code of the game.
Uncle Drew

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:42 am

something tells me it's written in the code of the game.

Of course it is. During some possesions I'm like : "Allright 2K, score already, I know I can't do anything to stop you". Maybe this only happens to me, but if the game is close, the CPU is just programmed to score somehow. This is just one particular example to show you what I am talking about, but I can go on for a lot more. Let's say I am playing vs the Celtics small ball, with Crowder and Sullinger as big mans. Ball goes to Sullinger, 7 seconds on the clock left, Crowder in the corner waiting for a 3PT shot, Sullinger keeps the ball so I'm like , "Good, now there is no way they can get an offensive rebound with Sullinger keeping the ball and Crowder in the corner, I will just contest the shot". So now I have my Center guarding Sullinger, I double team Jared with a guard ( Not the Power Foward, I leave my PF very close to the paint to get the rebound). Sullinger takes a contested shot, thanks God he misses like he is supposed to and guess what. Freaking Isiah Thomas gets an offensive rebound over my PF. Isn't that lovely ? If it wasn't for Isiah, Sullinger would've made the shot contested like it was, or at least get a foul.

I don't think things like these can be changed by mr Shady here. He can just make it to look a little bit better. The one thing I like though is the Fatigue feature. If you mantain a good lead by 10-12 PTS +, CPU starts cooling down, missing more and more OPEN shots instead of trying to make a 15-0 run in the last 6 minutes of the game.
I Hate Mondays

Postby ltownsing on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Hey Shady I am playing CPU vs CPU and i am finding alleyopps are never being thrown even with tendency on 100 mabie 1 a game
ltownsing

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:47 am

I've also noticed the last few games I've played, on defense, why are C's and PF's always defending out at the 3 pt line, instead of guarding the post? Is this correctable?
Uncle Drew

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:23 am

Uncle Drew wrote:I've also noticed the last few games I've played, on defense, why are C's and PF's always defending out at the 3 pt line, instead of guarding the post? Is this correctable?

For me that depends on the player I am defending. If I am defending a stretch four, my PF goes to the 3pt line. If I am defending an 80's style PF like Faried who can't stretch the floor, my PF stays near the paint.
I Hate Mondays

Postby ltownsing on Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:41 am

Does it annoy people who play CPU vs CPU, that all the games are 5 points differential even when its Golden State Warriors vs 76ers
Is there a way to fix it
ltownsing

Postby dreamagain on Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:30 pm

ltownsing wrote:Does it annoy people who play CPU vs CPU, that all the games are 5 points differential even when its Golden State Warriors vs 76ers
Is there a way to fix it

Pretty sure that's just horrible 2k sim logic. I sim seasons and most good teams, even Warriors/Spurs sit at like 55 wins.. horrible teams like Philly still manage to win like 38-40 games. It's just bad.
dreamagain

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:25 pm

How is that update going, mr Shady ?
I Hate Mondays

Postby nevermind12131 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:00 pm

Do you use any specific roster for the sliders? or just the official 2k roster?
nevermind12131

Postby Rosque on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:19 am

You gonna update sliders after latest shot update that happened yesterday?
Rosque

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16